• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

GulAtiCa

A lot of the cast members are good friends with each other too. I think that helps a lot. Emilie & Katie have taken vacations with each other a bunch of times.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
This episode rekindled the one true ship: Oliver and Diggle.

At it's peak, the best bromance in the superhero game.

Nabs

xSHUZ2e.gif

Effect

Is Ollie doing Bale whisper voice.

Sara back in action. yay then gone

Couldn't be happier that they removed her that quickly. Whenever Sara is a factor in this show, be it on screen or part of the story and talked about, the writers do not know how to write Laurel well. She becomes a garbage character with no sense of common sense or logic doing completely stupid things almost instantly Sara's name is said. She was good in season 1 with the annoyances every character has. Garbage in season 2 when it was all about Sara for a large portion of the time. While Sara still hung over (she was dead though) season 3 she got better and better. I really enjoyed the friendship they tried to develop between her and Nyssa and wanted more Wildcat interactions (she he dead or alive the show never made that clear). toward the end there. As soon as Sara is brought back into the picture she becomes a character stupid enough to turn her back and almost get choked out by a Sara already thought to dangerous which is why she was in chains.

So I'm really glad Sara is gone and I hope Laurel never appears on Legends.

Chucker

Put me in the crowd that says Mom Smoak is in the ground.
It hits so many targets.
Lance, for playing the wrong side of the law.
Felicity, because it's her mom.
Oliver, because without him Felicity wouldn't be with the crew.
Ray because Damien knows Felicity from him.

Platy

So last episode
sara was back
, for this episode
ray is back
and next episode
diggle brother is back

Yeah it is normal if people watching feels strange with all of this

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Ray being back and
Diggle's Brother, Andy,
being back are in different leagues than Sara. Sara had at least one legitimate on-screen death with a dead body that could be put into the ground.

Ray's death requires the viewer not to be genre savvy in practically any way. Industrial accidents basically always create superheroes. Plus he was messing with a technology that would make finding any remains difficult. It was always a matter of when he'd be back.

The other death,
Andy Diggle, is also another kind of thing the show is famous for at this point: the lie of omission. If something isn't explicitly shown on screen, you can expect it to be altered to fit whatever story they want to tell. It's why I always argue that the show hasn't actually done that much retconning, as some people alledge. They aren't retcons if they aren't going back and changing the events of a scene we have explicitly already seen.

Platy

Felicity is in favor of Olicity : We hate felicity because Olicity !

Felicity is against Olicity : We hate felicity !

Ray being back and
Diggle's Brother, Andy,
being back are in different leagues than Sara. Sara had at least one legitimate on-screen death with a dead body that could be put into the ground.

Ray's death requires the viewer not to be genre savvy in practically any way. Industrial accidents basically always create superheroes. Plus he was messing with a technology that would make finding any remains difficult. It was always a matter of when he'd be back.

The other death,
Andy Diggle, is also another kind of thing the show is famous for at this point: the lie of omission. If something isn't explicitly shown on screen, you can expect it to be altered to fit whatever story they want to tell. It's why I always argue that the show hasn't actually done that much retconning, as some people alledge. They aren't retcons if they aren't going back and changing the events of a scene we have explicitly already seen.

I know, but this is tarting too look TOO MUCH like a comic book =P

Only Uncle Ben Moira Queen is dead for good ... Flash even kinda ressurected Oliver's Dad xD

I think the only thing that's kind of annoying now is how Ollie's flashback personality mirrors his current one. Flashback Oliver really should be more grizzled, like he's ready to become S1's The Hood.

Couldn't be happier that they removed her that quickly. Whenever Sara is a factor in this show, be it on screen or part of the story and talked about, the writers do not know how to write Laurel well. She becomes a garbage character with no sense of common sense or logic doing completely stupid things almost instantly Sara's name is said. She was good in season 1 with the annoyances every character has. Garbage in season 2 when it was all about Sara for a large portion of the time. While Sara still hung over (she was dead though) season 3 she got better and better. I really enjoyed the friendship they tried to develop between her and Nyssa and wanted more Wildcat interactions (she he dead or alive the show never made that clear). toward the end there. As soon as Sara is brought back into the picture she becomes a character stupid enough to turn her back and almost get choked out by a Sara already thought to dangerous which is why she was in chains.

So I'm really glad Sara is gone and I hope Laurel never appears on Legends.
I think the roster needs more trimming. Now that Thea is part of the group.
I miss the original trio

Sarah proved she couldnt handle things at Kord Industries. Then Laurel thinks shell give Sarah another shot at the risk of soneone elses life.

Losing myself in you? What does that even mean?

Come on, writers. Please try.

ZeroX03

Banned
Sarah proved she couldnt handle things at Kord Industries. Then Laurel thinks shell give Sarah another shot at the risk of soneone elses life.

Losing myself in you? What does that even mean?

Come on, writers. Please try.

You've never been in love, have you Escape Goat?

Laurel has proven herself consistently stupid with Sara and incapable of listening to anyone. She seemed pretty in character this episode.

Nabs

Now that we know Robert Queen is Green Arrow in Earth 2, I'm really hoping the two Arrows meet at some point.

"Not a day goes by that I don't miss my parents, or Tommy. And I think about what I would give just to spend another minute." - Oliver last week.

I do want them to do the Flashpoint thing and have Barry meet him first. He could deliver Oliver a letter letting him know he's proud of him. Imagine a crying smiley here.

ZeroX03

Banned
I imagine next week will be better as it's telling a story that is very specific to Arrow and not something they can rush because they know they can deal with it later on Legends.

This week's episode had the same problems as the Constantine episode only without the Constantine swagger.

Also series regular John Barrowman has had less than ten minutes of screen time this season. He negotiated himself a pretty sweet deal.

I am glad that the Ollie Felicity bad drama got solved very quickly. I don´t want them to stretch it. I am not glad that Sarah is leaving so soon, not because i like her, but because why would they let her leave if she has not gull control over her rage yet? This is bothering me, yeah i know LOT, but still.

Yeah it was awesome, felt like S1-S2 all over again. I really liked this episode.

I am glad that the Ollie Felicity bad drama got solved very quickly. I don´t want them to stretch it. I am not glad that Sarah is leaving so soon, not because i like her, but because why would they let her leave if she has not gull control over her rage yet? This is bothering me, yeah i know LOT, but still.

She was leaving to go visit her mom....
in Central City. *hint* *hint* *nudge* *nudge*. To lead up to Legends of Tomorrow.

Johndoey

Banned
Some of the boxes on that self might have been super heavy that dude is probably dead. Also the flashbacks were terrible this episode just completely disconnected from anything going on.

Edit: Earth-2 Hood should've been Tommy.

So what do we think that box could be?

Maybe a
motherbox?

Definitely a Mama Box.

What if it opens a boom tube?

Everybody gets to hang with DC's best super couple.

So what do we think that box could be?

Maybe a
motherbox?

Ahahahahahahhahahahahahhaa

No.

No way they're going there.

This show does not have the budget, let alone the ambition, to go there.

Besides, this season's mystical, not cosmic. Maybe year 5 they'll finally pay off the Jordan teasing and bring us some GA/GL action, but that's as outer space as we're gonna go.

What if it opens a boom tube?

A boom tube... to the island?

Which turns out to be a slice of Apokalips on Earth?

And in his last year there Ollie met and killed Darkseid?

No.

Magwik

Banned
How do you check that again? I use to know but I've forgotten. :(
Click on the reply count in the thread listings
Ahahahahahahhahahahahahhaa

No.

No way they're going there.

This show does not have the budget, let alone the ambition, to go there.

Besides, this season's mystical, not cosmic. Maybe year 5 they'll finally pay off the Jordan teasing and bring us some GA/GL action, but that's as outer space as we're gonna go.

A boom tube... to the island?

Which turns out to be a slice of Apokalips on Earth?

And in his last year there Ollie met and killed Darkseid?

No.

Oliver actually met Orion instead. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom