• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
That Thea fight was the highlight of the episode, I thought

Canary also doin real good

Overall, best action this show has seen in a while

jurgen

Really looking forward to the crossover episode in two weeks if only because Green Arrow and Hawkman annoy/hate each other in the comics to no end.

image-arrow-can-hawkman-fit-into-the-show-992b2bb4-54dd-4932-88d1-3229783a5ee7-jpeg-106015.jpg

Tabby

Guys Diggle got character development. This is like the first time since season 1 since this has happened, what the fuck.

Lance be like "Oh how convenient that there's this note here with valuable information right after Darhk told me he's onto me!" Yep. He's definitely dead.

Penguin

This is the preview/synopsis for the mid-season finale

“ARROW “Dark Waters” | OLIVER TAKES ON HIVE — After the city is attacked again, Oliver (Stephen Amell) makes a bold move against HIVE. Malcolm (John Barrowman) checks in on Thea (Willa Holland) and leaves her with a warning. Things take a horrible turn when Damien Darhk (guest star Neal McDonough) retaliates in a brutal manner at Oliver’s mayoral holiday party. John Behring directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle & Ben Sokolowski (#409). Original airdate 12/9/2015.”

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Lance be like "Oh how convenient that there's this note here with valuable information right after Darhk told me he's onto me!" Yep. He's definitely dead.
Everyone (as in everyone watching the episode) saw through that I'm sure, except him, no wonder it took him so long to figure out ollie was green arrow lol

ZeroX03

Banned
Oliver poked the bear that is Darhk, retaliation incoming.

Episode direction was spotty. Bam Bam obviously had huge ambition, but his talent in fight choreography didn't match his directing talent. Like he clearly wanted to match Daredevil's hallway scene on a CW budget and schedule. Some of the handheld stuff and lighting was pretty clumsy. But other stuff, like Thea's elevator fight or the Arrow & Atom tag team was brilliant.

I don't understand people who don't like Iris. I understand Caitlin as her character is very nothing at times, but Iris has an actual character and her interactions with Linda make me happy. Seeing the woman Barry loves and Barry's ex be civil towards each other and not being catty is great. They actually have depth.

Are you serious about disliking Iris? She's keeping Joe's son from him. Knowing that he would want him in his life. That's pretty much #1 asshole tier.

ReiGun

Are you serious about disliking Iris? She's keeping Joe's son from him. Knowing that he would want him in his life. That's pretty much #1 asshole tier.

Joe told Iris her mother was dead for 20 years, then first tried to pay her off before letting Iris make a decision for herself.

I think they're even. :p

ZeroX03

Banned
Joe told Iris her mother was dead for 20 years, then first tried to pay her off before letting Iris make a decision for herself.

I think they're even. :p

Iris doesn't care about her deadbeat addict mother though. Joe is actively like "man how much would I love a biological son right now".

ReiGun

Iris doesn't care about her deadbeat addict mother though. Joe is actively like "man how much would I love a biological son right now".

Joe didn't know Iris wouldn't care before deciding to keep up the lie though. He was going to do what he always does; treat Iris like a child and remove her ability to choose. He had to be prodded by Barry to come clean. Likewise, Iris will likely be prodded to come clean about Francine and Wally.

The West family in general has a weird policy about lying to others whenever they think someone won't handle the news well. Not saying what Iris is doing is right, but I'm not going to point her out as especially heinous when her father does the same shit regularly.

ZeroX03

Banned
arrowbammwspd.gif

Joe didn't know Iris wouldn't care before deciding to keep up the lie though. He was going to do what he always does; treat Iris like a child and remove her ability to choose. He had to be prodded by Barry to come clean. Likewise, Iris will likely be prodded to come clean about Francine and Wally.

The West family in general has a weird policy about lying to others whenever they think someone won't handle the news well. Not saying what Iris is doing is right, but I'm not going to point her out as especially heinous when her father does the same shit regularly.

I don't agree that it's the same. Also Iris was a child when Joe lied to her. And by all accounts Francine was a bad person and it was probably better to keep Iris from her, considering she put her in danger. And Iris didn't really want any contact with her, and we never saw her particularly musing on her dead mother beforehand. Joe is actively saying he wants a son, who is most likely not Zoom although that won't stop Flash GAF suspecting otherwise.

ReiGun

arrowbammwspd.gif

I don't agree that it's the same. Also Iris was a child when Joe lied to her. And by all accounts Francine was a bad person and it was probably better to keep Iris from her, considering she put her in danger. And Iris didn't really want any contact with her, and we never saw her particularly musing on her dead mother beforehand. Joe is actively saying he wants a son, who is most likely not Zoom although that won't stop Flash GAF suspecting otherwise.

He's been lying to her for her entire life, and had Francine not resurfaced and refused the money, he would have gone to the grave with that lie. He was never going Iris the choice. They're not exactly the same, but that's still pretty fucked up. In the same way Joe deserves to know about his son, Iris deserved the chance to decide if she wanted to reconnect with her mother or not. And Joe should have given her that chance without Francine forcing his hand or Barry pep talking him into it.

That fight between the shipping containers reminded me of those hand cam choreography practices the stunt team do. Of course Thea is immune to Damien Dork's life sucking thing. Would've been cool if the fucking promo didn't spoil the Andy thing and yeah campaign manager dude working for HIVE would be too obvious.

Penguin

Isn't it also really lucky for Diggle that the one HIVE member who didn't commit suicide and he unmasked happened to be his dead brother?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Thea confronts Dark, he hits her with his mojo, it doesn't do shit, her reaction: Run away?

The fuck Thea?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
This season is such an improvement over S3, I find myself looking forward to Arrow episodes again.

My only complaint is that Ray needs to shrink more, but I guess they are saving that for Legends of Tomorrow.

Great episode. Really nice action sequences, which was to be expected.

David Ramsey really is the MVP of this show. He's always on his game, and tonight he was absolutely stellar.

RobNBanks

Banned
Webbums because I really didn't want to cut any frames. Also, smaller file sizes.

http://s1.webmshare.com/0g86g.webm

I'm really impressed with how they shot this. Aside from a few weird shots
(camera looks down when Thea kicks him the first time, but he's already on his way back up so it kind of misses the second kick)
there's not 5 unnecessary cuts. Just 30ish seconds of following them from a hallway and into an elevator while never changing perspective

Out of all the goons they've been thrashing, the time Diggle took a time to know one happens to be his bro

I like that Elevator one take fight scene

Thea gonna put his new BF to coma and finally accept Malcolm

I'm really impressed with how they shot this. Aside from a few weird shots there's not 5 unnecessary cuts. Just 30ish seconds of following them from a hallway and into an elevator while never changing perspective

Agreed

Also, no need to spoiler tag details for an episode that has already aired. People do need to spoiler tag preview/promo discussions however 💀

Kyoufu

Okay I'm 2/3 into the episode and Diggle is being so annoying. He keeps going on and on about how much his brother's "death" hurt him and that he'd do anything to bring him back...

And yet he refuses to save his brother now that he's alive. Especially when it's made clear he's under the influence of a mind control drug. Jesus. Even Laurel made an attempt to get her sister back and she was actually dead.

I'm banging my head on my desk.

And now he blames Andy for making his wife and child think he's been dead for 8 years. HOW DO YOU EVEN KNOW HE HAD A CHOICE IN THE MATTER.

JESUS

CHRIST

Come one people up to ep 3 they took off one of the ghost mask .
It's just they have not been dealing with them since then .
Of course they finding dig bro is funny but it seem like it's something they do when they get one alone .

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The fight scenes in tonight's episode were definitely a step above what this show usually does (even though the camerawork was a little wonky). Nicely done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom