• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Remember when Ray needed Ollie's help to throw simple kicks and punches? Now he stomping goons that supposedly Laurel, Thea and Diggle all had trouble with (though they seem to be kicking their asses too).

It's as inconsistent as Laurel going from asskicker that knew how to defend herself in season 1 to having to learn how to throw a punch in season 3.

He fought giant insects for months. He figured some shit out.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
echoing others comments RE: action in last night's episode

it was really really fun to watch - Thea's fight with DigBro in particular was super dope

so hyped we have a crossover coming in a few weeks...

Joni

echoing others comments RE: action in last night's episode

it was really really fun to watch - Thea's fight with DigBro in particular was super dope

Yeah, the fight where Oliver got hurt with the moving camera and the end fight were fun. They need to set-up this guy specially for this work sometimes.

Talking action again, I still am not convinced by Laurels fighting, I dislike the way everyone turns up on bikes and cannot be shot, but Speedy V DigBro was absolutely fantastic...but why do TV fights have to have people shout and exclaim every swing and hit?

Also, Ray turning up, self taught fighter, so much more confidence then he had before and flight ability too, amazing!

Effect

As expected as soon as Sara leaves and is out of the picture story wise Laurel ends up becoming a good character again. Please keep her off the show.

Malcolm and Thea having daddy / daughter time. WHY?!!!

The man is a mass murderer and set in motion all of the shit events that happened to them all.

I'm never letting that shit go.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Malcolm and Thea having daddy / daughter time. WHY?!!!

The man is a mass murderer and set in motion all of the shit events that happened to them all.

I'm never letting that shit go.

I don't mind exploring their relationship, but she threatened him with calling the SCPD of all things. That was ridiculous.

Remember when Ray needed Ollie's help to throw simple kicks and punches? Now he stomping goons that supposedly Laurel, Thea and Diggle all had trouble with (though they seem to be kicking their asses too).

It's as inconsistent as Laurel going from asskicker that knew how to defend herself in season 1 to having to learn how to throw a punch in season 3.

Nah he probably just programmed Martial Arts into the suit and it's doing all the work

JustinBB7

I don't mind exploring their relationship, but she threatened him with calling the SCPD of all things. That was ridiculous.

The cop calling thing made me laugh too. Call the cops on one of the most deadliest men in the world. I mean who can beat Malcom besides maybe Savage and Darkh? She must have been joking hopefully.

PreFire

Enjoyed tonights episode.

Fighting scenes were top notch

That one continuous scene where they go into the elevator and keep fighting was awesome. Reminded me of one of the scenes from DareDevil on Netflix

Arrow is awesome again.

Also, got a vibe it's gonna be Diggle in that grave from tonight's episode

Lol at threatening to call the cops on the new Ra's

Man, I could not stand the fight scenes last night. It was obvious they used a different camera with a different frame rate for that shit. It looked so bad.

yeah the camerawork was unbearable except for the final fight, and the editing was atrocious for the whole episode

I'm glad they're just deciding to make Ray fight by just punching people, though. His CGI never really looked that good, especially in action scenes, so I hope they use the same treatment in Legends of Tomorrow.

Joni

The cop calling thing made me laugh too. Call the cops on one of the most deadliest men in the world. I mean who can beat Malcom besides maybe Savage and Darkh? She must have been joking hopefully.
I'm hoping he just wants to avoid the police because of Darhk.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I like that all the actors have way better material this year, so many great character moments in this episode. Like Diggle and Laurel, or Oliver and Diggle talking about family. The interactions between everyone just flow so much better now, compared to last season. I especially like how they sometimes comment on how ridiculous their lives are. And the fight choreography was a nice step up from the usual.

Between Jim in Gotham and Thea in Arrow, this was a very good week for elevator fights. Haha

I like that all the actors have way better material this year, so many great character moments in this episode. Like Diggle and Laurel, or Oliver and Diggle talking about family. The interactions between everyone just flow so much better now, compared to last season. I especially like how they sometimes comment on how ridiculous their lives are. And the fight choreography was a nice step up from the usual.

Between Jim in Gotham and Thea in Arrow, this was a very good week for elevator fights. Haha

Sam Winchester had a pretty good one last night too. Elevators must have been all the rage in writer's room recently.

JDSN

Banned
I actually prefer the shaky cam rather than this slow stuff, the docks fight while nice seemed shot on a Gopro, the Laurel fight was cool and it seemed to be using the actress but it was slow because of it. Luckly Amell and Diggle are experts at playing their characters so surprisingly this is the second episode in a row in which the dialog saves the day and im really liking this trend.

I'm still watching, but I have to say how much these fake phone UIs annoy me. They're always super ugly and the screen doesn't ever turn off, once the phone is close to the face, like the proximity sensor is broken. It might be a minor thing, but God, is it annoying. When Malcom called a second time, I think the picture was even zoomed in a little, so the text was a little cut off. Rage!

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
I'm still watching, but I have to say how much these fake phone UIs annoy me. They're always super ugly and the screen doesn't ever turn off, once the phone is close to the face, like the proximity sensor is broken. It might be a minor thing, but God, is it annoying. When Malcom called a second time, I think the picture was even zoomed in a little, so the text was a little cut off. Rage!

I was thinking the exact same thing! Do they live in a world where minimalist design doesn't exist?? I miss the good old days of Laurel prancing around with her Surface showing the audience how it works.

JDSN

Banned
I was thinking the exact same thing! Do they live in a world where minimalist design doesn't exist?? I miss the good old days of Laurel prancing around with her Surface showing the audience how it works.
I love how the phones they carry while on missions have high-res pictures of the cast with their names.

It's just bad prop design. Same goes for scenes where they just put a sticker on the place where a logo is. I think they did that with the Windows logo on the front bezel of the Surface, where they just put a bright sticker on it. At least use black tape, so it doesn't stand out as much on the black bezel!

The elevator fight in Gotham was much more intense than the elevator fight in Arrow.

Gotham definitely was. That fight had me biting my nails along with the entire siege part of the episode.

That being said, I really did like the action scenes this week on Arrow. Thea's fight at the end was boss. Laurel was awesome in the hallway, loved the baton twirl. But damn, Ray's scene was awesome as hell. His punches and kicks looked really good, and I loved how he flew in.

But, at the beginning of the episode, the camera work was jarring. I had to get used to it. I noticed the frame rate/filter change right away. I'm going to watch it again though. Bam Bam definitely should direct more, let him practice.

wildfire

Banned

I take it you never seen a Windows phone...

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The elevator fight in Gotham was much more intense than the elevator fight in Arrow.

I think I liked the Arrow fight a little more, personally. Gotham fight was good, but I felt like the Arrow fight was more ambitious. The fight at the dock in Arrow wasn't even that bad, I'm just not a fan of that style. I know they were going for an up close and personal feel with the shaky cam but it's just hard to get into that.

I wonder what they're going to do for the midseason finale this year. This show always brings the good for those episodes.

Grizzlyjin

Serious question: There was an elevator fight in this week's episode of Arrow?

Thea vs Diggle's brother. He puts her into a choke hold and they fight in an elevator, then get off on the next floor.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Every time Laurel opens her mouth to do that scream thing I want to toss the TV out of the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom