• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magwik

Banned

U0x3th3.gif

VanWinkle

I don't follow this thread, but I do watch and enjoy the show, and I noticed today when looking through the last several pages that everyone seems to hate when Laurel does the canary cry. Why is that? I thought it was cool, and then I come on here and people say it's the worst thing they ever saw in television history.

I don't follow this thread, but I do watch and enjoy the show, and I noticed today when looking through the last several pages that everyone seems to hate when Laurel does the canary cry. Why is that? I thought it was cool, and then I come on here and people say it's the worst thing they ever saw in television history.

It is cool. I love when she does it, and honestly feel like the writers does use it nearly enough. I think it's awesome every time she does it & makes for a cool entry into battle.

GulAtiCa

just your typical Arrow GAF hating on Laurel since season 1
Yep. It' best to ignore them. It's the same people that usually nitpick about the stupidest things.

Honestly, I think Laurel is great nowadays. Her cry is awesome. I hope they eventually explore her meta-human side of her and allow her to do the cry without the device.

Given that they did explore and show that meta-humans were activated outside of Central city last year. They can totally explore this story-line sometime.

RobNBanks

Banned

It's one of those things that look cool in comics/animation but looks weird in live action.

Also don't forget that people hate anything Laurel does.

Yep. It' best to ignore them. It's the same people that usually nitpick about the stupidest things.

Honestly, I think Laurel is great nowadays. Her cry is awesome. I hope they eventually explore her meta-human side of her and allow her to do the cry without the device.

Given that they did explore and show that meta-humans were activated outside of Central city last year. They can totally explore this story-line sometime.

If they don't want to make her a meta, I'd be cool if some sort of accident or chemical hits her while wearing the amplifier & becomes part of her or fuses into her vocal cords to give her the power naturally. But I do hope they delve a little more into.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I like Laurel but I'm not a huge fan of her Canary Cry. As of late, its usage hasn't felt that useful. They'll open a fight scene with it, but it's never used in any other way. It would be cool if she broke some glass to distract some attackers or something. But Team Arrow is pretty stacked right now, so we don't really get a lot of anybody. Sorta surprised they didn't have one of the core members there move on to Legends of Tomorrow. The Arrow, Canary, Diggle, and Thea all going out on missions feels like overkill sometimes.

The writers need to give her something to do now that Sara is peacing out. She's been wrapped up in Sara-centric storylines for too long.

Tabby

The Canary Cry really needs some sort of VFX, that's my problem with it. It just looks plain goofy with her opening her mouth.

Laurel is fine, but the Canary Cry is literally the worst thing in the entire Arrowverse.
Ra14Bas.gif

The little bombs or whatever that Sara used worked so much better in live action.

What's so bad about it? Obviously it's going to look more strange in the gif without the actual sound.

There hasn't been a single time on his show where the cry didn't look like shit. I know it's a stupid attack in the first place, but just don't show her actually screaming. It's the least intimidating attack on the show. That device from the first season would be much more fitting and more useful, too.

Corpekata

Banned
Yeah they need to have some mumbo jumbo happen and give it to Laurel as a power. Right now it not only looks silly but is less practical than Sarah's grenades she threw. Make it a power and she'd at least have a reason for the silly faces and poses.

Yeah they need to have some mumbo jumbo happen and give it to Laurel as a power. Right now it not only looks silly but is less practical than Sarah's grenades she threw. Make it a power and she'd at least have a reason for the silly faces and poses.

HIVE could do it... I wish they'd add some sort of sound wave effect.

Laurel is fine, but the Canary Cry is literally the worst thing in the entire Arrowverse.
Ra14Bas.gif

The little bombs or whatever that Sara used worked so much better in live action.

Not sure why but her scream and facial expression reminds me of that one scene in Avatar where the main character screams while being in Avatar mode.

strafer

LtKkBXD.jpg

#arsenalforlegends

Actually kind of annoys me that Arsenal is retired. His insistence on helping others was a big part of his S1 and S2 motivation. Don't buy that he wouldn't be tempted to do a little casual suiting up wherever he is.

And Brandon totally looks the same.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
And it just hit me the kind of amazing fanfics we'd be receiving from Wozz had Laurel dipped the decaying corpse of Mama Queen in the waters of the Lazarus Pit instead of Sarah's.

Laurel, you stupid cow.

Also don't forget that people hate anything Laurel does.

Sometimes people don't like poorly written characters. Just like when Felicity graduated from the funny sidekick in season 1 to a main character and they didn't know how to handle her. "Just throw drama and love at it, it's going to work!"

Or when everyone hated Thea, because all she did was crying. Where's the hate now and what's different?

Shaanyboi

Banned
Wow that promo spoiler... But yeah...
Wayne? Really? It's kinda sorta fuckin' lame they're going the route they seem to be going with that, like I can get not wanting to be "locked in" to something but, meh.

Locked in for what? Even if they decide to
bring "Wayne" in, they'd have to wait years for him to be old enough.

I think he said
William.

Hey- Arrow's dealing with magic. Maybe he's
William "Billy" Batson? He's definitely not Conner Hawke, since he's going to show up in Legends and not be related to Oliver

Yeah, that's definitely what I heard to. As too the speculation...

I really, really, really doubt it. That's a whole 'nothing level than what they've been doing lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom