• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally caught up with this episode. The easiest thing to say is to let James Bamford direct more episodes. Really good for his first effort and he's going to get even better with practice.

Sephzilla

All caught up on Season 4 right now. I'm enjoying the season (I didn't hate season 3 as much as others apparently did). I honestly hope this is the last season we get flashbacks, just end the flashback arc with him now being stuck on the island until getting rescued and focus purely on the Green Arrow stuff.

GulAtiCa

All caught up on Season 4 right now. I'm enjoying the season (I didn't hate season 3 as much as others apparently did). I honestly hope this is the last season we get flashbacks, just end the flashback arc with him now being stuck on the island until getting rescued and focus purely on the Green Arrow stuff.

They still need to show Ollie becoming a member of the Bratva though. So season 5 will likely deal with Russia.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
They still need to show Ollie becoming a member of the Bratva though. So season 5 will likely deal with Russia.

I thought they already explained that in the Season 2 flashbacks.

Rooster12

So I personally thought the first 3 episodes were pretty garbage.

Just watched episode 4....a huge step up from everything.

The acting was STELLAR, that scene with Oliver and Lance had some great acting there.

Even the flashbacks are now interesting, we may finally see Island Oliver become the badass he is.

Sara's story is becoming good as well.

I hope they really step it up the rest of the way. Marvel's Jessica Jones and DD are shitting on this show something serious, it's making me depressed.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the flip is back.

vbVgtiQ.gif

http://comicbook.com/2015/11/20/colton-haynes-returning-to-arrow-season-4/

Chariot

"Dhark, you are prepared for magic, technology, martial arts, arrows. But you didn't know about our most powerful weapon."

"And what might that be?"

*Roy spins in*

spinzaku.gif

Johndoey

Banned
It disturbs me greatly when a character in a super suit engages in hand to hand combat. Especially since he has dope energy blasts.

Joni

I was just thinking yesterday how much I want to see him again, especially as the character was pretty good in S3.

I'm down for a drifter crime fighting Arsenal.
That would be great, but they really need to do some small hints to what he is doing like how Felicity was reading Iris writing about the streak in that case.

Prologue

Sara always struck me as a bro with benefits. She fights crime, can Salmon Ladder and has sex with a beautiful woman. She's... quite similar to Oliver actually.

I always felt Oliver and Sara had so much chemistry. Especially compared to Fecility.

Shado and Oliver were pretty up there too.

Dahbomb

The action in this episode was probably the best this show has ever had in terms of choreography.

Like that fight scene with Thea and Diggle's brother. There's no reason why that scene shouldv'e had action better than 90% of the other action scenes in the series (it was two side characters going at it) but it did.

Whoever directed the choreography of action in this episode should be used way more often.

On the other hand they need to improve the camera work because it's actually doing the action a disservice.

ZeroX03

Banned
The action in this episode was probably the best this show has ever had in terms of choreography.

Like that fight scene with Thea and Diggle's brother. There's no reason why that scene shouldv'e had action better than 90% of the other action scenes in the series (it was two side characters going at it) but it did.

Whoever directed the choreography of action in this episode should be used way more often.

On the other hand they need to improve the camera work because it's actually doing the action a disservice.

It was the series fight choreographer James Bamford directing the episode, which explains the improved fights and odd camera choices.

Kyoufu

Last season? LAST season? You Mean Season 2 right? Because Season 3's flashbacks were gaaaarbaaaage.

Good god those flashbacks were bad. I didn't care for that story -at all-.

Also, unpopular opinion but I actually liked Huntress. She suited season 1 very well in the way that she wasn't afraid to kill.

How old is Thea supposed to be now? Wasn't she still in High School in season 1? And they're making her date a campaign manager who is clearly way too old for her.

But then I guess this show has always made weird roles for her character like making her a club owner, even joking about how she's not old enough to drink.

ZeroX03

Banned
How old is Thea supposed to be now? Wasn't she still in High School in season 1? And they're making her date a campaign manager who is clearly way too old for her.

But then I guess this show has always made weird roles for her character like making her a club owner, even joking about how she's not old enough to drink.

Thea is 20. The actor who plays the campaign manager is 27. Willa is 24. It's not too weird.

JDSN

Banned
Those are some high standards to judge Thea, im just glad that unintended sexual tension with Olvier was quickly corrected during the first few episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom