• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

GulAtiCa

How old is the campaign manager though? I'm guessing 25. Anyways it's silly to complain against that. They are still both young

IIRC she turned 18 in S1, 19 in S2 so I would imagine she's 21 by now or will be at some point this season?

EDIT: Annnnd I'm way late and didn't see the new page.

MANGOD

Banned
Personally the only way id want to see a season 5 of arrow is if Olly comes out with something along the lines off. 'Im going out on my own as Im not letting my friends get hurt because of me route'.
I just feel the whole 'team arrow' is getting a little ot and spoiling the show. Diggle has turned into a lil bitch, speedy is as annoying as Roy ever was. And dont get me started on Canary, aka CANARY CRY or whatever its cringe worthy name is.
Back to basics! Olly kicking ass and the return of deathstroke is what is needed to save this show, In my opinion......

Joni

A brief moment and not a second longer. No talking too, no emoting, she can do the pouting tho, but no talking, unless its to say "Gkajgkjdasfn" after getting stabbed in the throat by a Ghost.
She got good in her last episode, that entire scene in prison was legit great.

Personally the only way id want to see a season 5 of arrow is if Olly comes out with something along the lines off. 'Im going out on my own as Im not letting my friends get hurt because of me route'.
I just feel the whole 'team arrow' is getting a little ot and spoiling the show. Diggle has turned into a lil bitch, speedy is as annoying as Roy ever was. And dont get me started on Canary, aka CANARY CRY or whatever its cringe worthy name is.
Back to basics! Olly kicking ass and the return of deathstroke is what is needed to save this show, In my opinion......
That won't happen. The sidekicks are here to stay.

I am loving Laurel this season.

I actually disagree. Right now everything seems all over the place. This week's episode especially.

They could do with cutting the flashbacks entirely. And Oliver seems to have taken a back seat to doing Green Arrow things? I don't know, it just seems like most of the scenes focus on the rest of the team so far this season.

Yes and it is glorious. All team arrow need to have their own arcs, be in spotlight. It gives the team more depth and varied characters, which is great.

strafer

Colton and his selfies! :p

12235080_535241606642437_7644030816860502415_n.jpg

12246615_535238949976036_2083700708621455736_n.jpg

DeathyBoy

Banned

LUL. It'll never happen. And rightfully so. You think Amell is going to be happy with his friends being out of jobs?

MANGOD

Banned
LUL. It'll never happen. And rightfully so. You think Amell is going to be happy with his friends being out of jobs?
Im not suggesting dumping actors but the whole team arrow is killing this show. Its not green arrow and friends here that can be done in the legends of tomorrow. Arrow needs to focus more on what the show is as its title suggests and that is Green Arrow/Oliver Queen. Season 2 I think was the perfect balance in this but after a poor 3rd season and the direction the show is heading in the 4th I think they need to go back to what for me anyway made this a decent show.
And how they can let a character like death stroke waste away is beyond me.

Joni

But all those comics are about the groups anyway. Green Arrow was always about Arsenal, Speedy, Black Canary, ...

ZeroX03

Banned
Screw focusing on just the main character. It's a terrible idea. You can't do years of a show and keep singular focus on the title character. If you're creating a good world and supporting characters you should be branching out and using them, at least some of the time. It's not a cable show. What do you think 23 episodes of trying to character develop Oliver Queen alone is going to look like?

The Good Wife's constant need to make sure that Alicia is the focal point is hurting that show at this point. And that show does not move at The CW pace.

Joni

The Originals is a good example of what you get with a limited main cast getting attention. Klaus is angry at his siblings, Klaus betrays his siblings, Klaus is betrayed by someone that looked like a friend, Klaus learns to trust his siblings, Klaus is angry at his siblings. Repeat this for five threats per season. Maybe people want that with Oliver Queen.

People are just yearning to like the show as much as they did in 1 & 2.
The sidekicks and general show quality just hasn't maintained or advanced enough and hence they get blamed where they mightn't if they sand the show itself were better.

DeathyBoy

Banned
People are just yearning to like the show as much as they did in 1 & 2.
The sidekicks and general show quality just hasn't maintained or advanced enough and hence they get blamed where they mightn't if they sand the show itself were better.

I just think the fan base is batshit insane. They spent S1 complaining Laurel wasn't Canary, then complained when she was Canary. They complained Deathstroke's anger was because of Shado, then that Ra's had no reason to hate Oliver... and that fights were choppy, then they complain when we get one-er fights.

I just think the fan base is batshit insane. They spent S1 complaining Laurel wasn't Canary, then complained when she was Canary. They complained Deathstroke's anger was because of Shado, then that Ra's had no reason to hate Oliver... and that fights were choppy, then they complain when we get one-er fights.

The problem with Ras wasn't that he didn't have a reason to hate Oliver- it's that they didn't sell him very well as a villain until late in the season.

Damien Dark is a great villain. High swag factor, established as a threat, and finally presenting Ollie with a villain who Ollie can face down as a hero rather than a guy dragging a city of innocent victims into his own mess.

Tbh I prefer Oliver with his sidekicks or team.

Honestly Oliver as a character is better for it. Everyone else is pretty much(besides laurel because LOT reasons) written competently too. That's one of the reason I miss Roy so much is because they had him at a really sweet spot.

Johndoey

Banned
Tbh I prefer Oliver with his sidekicks or team.

Honestly Oliver as a character is better for it. Everyone else is pretty much(besides laurel because LOT reasons) written competently too. That's one of the reason I miss Roy so much is because they had him at a really sweet spot.

They had no idea what to do with Roy he had to go at least at the time.

I also like the team dynamic. I'd rather have Thea and Laurel as capable heroes with actual agency than whiny, melodramatic alcoholics/drug addicts on the sidelines who are distractions to the overall plot.

But enough of this "Speedy" nonsense, just call her Red Arrow dammit!

To be fair Speedy is still basically a drug addict shes just more functional now.

Blader

I also like the team dynamic. I'd rather have Thea and Laurel as capable heroes with actual agency than whiny, melodramatic alcoholics/drug addicts on the sidelines who are distractions to the overall plot.

But enough of this "Speedy" nonsense, just call her Red Arrow dammit!

Joni

Anything on Arrow? Particularly Oliver and Felicity? –Caryn
This miiiiight affect Oliver and Felicity. ‘Member how last season’s #Flarrow crossover touched upon the matter of Oliver’s son via the young woman Moira years ago sent packing, to Central City? Exec producer Greg Berlanti teases that this year’s crossover event, airing Dec. 1 and 2, features a moment “very akin” to that one.
http://tvline.com/2015/11/22/castle-season-8-fall-finale-spoilers-rick-kate/

Kyoufu

Anything on Arrow? Particularly Oliver and Felicity? –Caryn
This miiiiight affect Oliver and Felicity. ‘Member how last season’s #Flarrow crossover touched upon the matter of Oliver’s son via the young woman Moira years ago sent packing, to Central City? Exec producer Greg Berlanti teases that this year’s crossover event, airing Dec. 1 and 2, features a moment “very akin” to that one.
http://tvline.com/2015/11/22/castle-season-8-fall-finale-spoilers-rick-kate/

Wow, I totally forgot that was actually a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom