• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arts & Farts

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Quick and shitty, but I got an iPad for x-mas and I made a couple of doodles with Sketchbook Pro

Sketch2010-12-2904_46_39.png

Sketch2010-12-2513_56_01.png

On a related note, is there any painting app for the iphone/pad that has an opacity brush like Photoshop does? Its basically a brush setting (called "transfer" in CS5 and "Other Dynamics" in previous versions) that makes your brush strokes have a painterly look by making the opacity be pressure sensitive.

sammy

*bump for art justice*

Raging Spaniard, the opacity thing gets difficult to control like you say. I've used the the Autodesk SketchBook Mobile on my iphone, the best I can do is move my finger real fast to control the opacity. still, it's enough to fingerpaint something email it to myself and start from there. a decent smudge brush would be a nice addition too

I want to post something but all I draw are character sketches, nothing fully rendered.

Thats what I have learnt to do as a aspiring animator over the past 4 years. :(

I use to make fully rendered art . . . in HS.

Gilby

Here are a few drawings from the end of last semester, I'm starting to get anxious for school to start again so I can get back to getting better.

Ax6sP.jpg

l4guR.jpg

H8Cpr.jpg

Black-Wind said:
I want to post something but all I draw are character sketches, nothing fully rendered.

Don't worry about that. Just post what you made.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Black-Wind said:

This is not an art forum where you have to worry about silly things like standards and bullshit, post away! :)

Always-honest said:
Don't worry about that. Just post what you made.
Raging Spaniard said:
This is not an art forum where you have to worry about silly things like standards and bullshit, post away! :)
Ok, thanks!

I'm not sure how I should size these so I'm gonna take some from my FB account . . .
27209_1411531175414_1446550903_1090728_2375908_n.jpg

Cartoon me, back when I first got dreads! Years ago . . . got them again 3 months ago and I look kinda like that now :/.

27209_1411521375169_1446550903_1090711_6328241_n.jpg

My attempt at learning to drawn in a more Dean Yeagle way. Still trying to pick up how he makes his females feel the way they do.

59896_1627434572864_1446550903_1635677_2518974_n.jpg

This is a representation of water for a class project.
60238_1627434492862_1446550903_1635676_1577687_n.jpg

Oxygen. Kept them because I thought they were fun.

Gonna try to make these thumbnails . . . not sure if it's gonna work :/
vVQ0Ks.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/cGWxZ.jpg
KmmFWs.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KmmFW.jpg
My character, Silvia. The star of my portfolio.
TAytus.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TAytu.jpg
Only rendered painting I have to date. 9 months old at this point.
qyHCCs.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qyHCC.jpg
mXpeTs.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/mXpeT.jpg
FPZsds.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/FPZsd.jpg
Tracey, based on a friend of mine.
SO5Yxs.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SO5Yx.jpg
kiCOks.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kiCOk.jpg
Gallery pages. Mostly all old stuff.

Pai Pai Master said:
Moleskins are awesome. Never leave home without one.

I think I have like 500 full ones throughout the course of my college career. :lol
Thanks, good to hear... I already ordered it :lol

zoukka

Hey photoshop junkies, how can I access the other modes for the pen mode outside the default "shape layer" mode, which puts each shape in a new layer?

EDIT: Ok I got it.

zoukka said:
Good shit there Black Wind. You definately have a talent for arts.
sammy said:
kickass dump Black-Wind !!

wow, after all these years I just recently realized I could update my conceptart.org gallery

some noodlin doodlin>>
Thanks!

And Sammy, cool!
I need to get better at drawing hard surface things like that.
Drawing characters in a sci-fi story who build machines is kinda hard without being able to draw non-organic objects very well. :/

Mik2121

Getting some ideas for a vehicle I'll be working on this week:

trucksketch.png

I will start the 3D stuff tomorrow (it's 3PM here now), so until then I'll do some more sketches and get the final shape ready.

Mik2121

Newer version of the vehicle. I will probably go with this for the sketch and then improve on it on the 3D model, as it's lacking most of the details right now:

trucksketch2.png

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
I never noticed this thread till tonight. Always wished Gaf had an art section, lol. Here's some stuff from a few years back, pre Street Fighter 4.

taj2uv.jpg

6st1tj.jpg

2ptdto6.jpg

Haven't done much lately, but that 3rd Strike art contest from Capcom's got me pretty inspired.

Black-Wind said:
Ok, thanks!

I'm not sure how I should size these so I'm gonna take some from my FB account . . .
There are some great sketches in there!!. loved the series of the attacking.. cat-like-creature.. was it a cat?

zoukka

Mik2121 said:
Newer version of the vehicle. I will probably go with this for the sketch and then improve on it on the 3D model, as it's lacking most of the details right now:

trucksketch2.png

Pretty nice. Does the front windshield have to be so big though? It can still be the focal point if it's toned down just a bit.

Mik2121

zoukka said:
Pretty nice. Does the front windshield have to be so big though? It can still be the focal point if it's toned down just a bit.
Fair enough. What do you think about these two? I wanna get the final sketch done today so I will make a few more sketches besides those, but just to get some ideas thrown in...

// Newest version two posts below //

Mik2121

Posting this on a new post so we get some more activity around.

Anyway Zoukka, what do you think about these windshield / frontal part patterns?

trucksketchb.png

Always-honest said:
There are some great sketches in there!!. loved the series of the attacking.. cat-like-creature.. was it a cat?
Thanks!

lol, shes a squirrel.
But I do have a cat character that I'm still developing.
25268_1401785171770_1446550903_1065243_6231067_n.jpg

25268_1403816502552_1446550903_1069036_6362805_n.jpg

25268_1405964156242_1446550903_1074423_2669658_n.jpg

(did these a long time ago and I have yet to complete the character :/ )
All my stuff posted up is old as hell outside of 3 or the images in my last unload.
Maybe I should make a post for my newer drawings...

adelante said:
Did this in Photoshop a while back:
I love it! I really need to try to learn how to draw mechanic stuff. Its very important to the story I have with my main character.

Xun

I've got to try and get into drawing again this year, and to motivate myself I'll be trying to take some life drawing classes! It was always something I enjoyed but in my college only 1st years do it sadly.

It's funny, because in being a CG animator I don't really do much drawing.

Life drawing is a perfect way to get back into it I believe, and I'm hoping in going to a few classes my skills will return and then start to improve over time. I would try and do some sketching at home but I mentally cannot for whatever reason, I suppose fear of what I've become since I last properly started to draw.

Depression also doesn't help, but I'm starting to do better so far this year so hopefully things will all roll into place.

Also some really nice work here guys!

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Xun said:
I've got to try and get into drawing again this year, and to motivate myself I'll be trying to take some life drawing classes! It was always something I enjoyed but in my college only 1st years do it sadly.

It's funny, because in being a CG animator I don't really do much drawing.
I want to learn drawing full stop! It's crushing having all sorts of ideas in my head and never being able to put them on paper, through word or image. Plus I can't practice polygonal modelling without good foundations in sketching.

Mik2121

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I will do a couple more sketches mixing 1 and 2 and some new ideas I got, and then I will start with the 3d model.

Mik2121

Ok, I'm done with the truck sketch. I will post the final version as soon as I get home. Meanwhile, here's a sketch I did this morning at school. I started drawing the legs on top of a different drawing I was working on, then made a new file for the legs and started painting the body on top of it.
The result is quite... weird, but I kinda like it:

Robots02.png

Mik2121

Cool drawings, zoukka and chumps.

BTW the other day I forgot to post the final version of the truck. It's still missing some little details that I will need to include on the 3D version, but just to get an idea:

trucksketch4.png

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Its been so long... I really need to get back to drawing some stuff. I always tend to think about what to try but always cant bring myself to start it since I know it will totally consume me until I am finished.

Acryl on canvas:

141ukbn.jpg

That was 90cm high if I remember correctly. Random women just to tinker with the technique.

2hzsfu8.jpg

This was a present to the sister of my girlfriend :) She cried when saw it :D Its double the size than the one above. 90cm high and 1,3m wide or something.

We are moving into a new apartment in the next 2-3 weeks and I really want to put something special up. Like 3 pictures on canvas that give different perspectives to the same object, person or something like that. Its hard to come up with a project that would motivate me enough to get it started :(

Top Bottom