• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arts & Farts

chumps

tumblr_lxf2pjZJc51qccgmso1_500.jpg

1.1.isabelle.grip gouache and colored pencil on paper

On view at Spoke Art in San Francisco until January 26th 2012.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Ive been sketching people on the subway ... with a pen brush, its kinda sloppy, lol

jan_17_12.jpg

Zekes!

I was messing around in Illustrator last night, mostly practicing making shapes, and ended up making a decent looking anchor, which I used to make myself a simple logo.

tumblr_ly1acmS5wy1qjh27e

Sofo

Hey peeps, a small fanart of Dennou Coil anime. Not sure if anyone is into it, but I really recomend this show. There's bigger sizes on the flickr link!

Yasako by ietes, on Flickr

asa

Huge image, sorry about that...
A Podrace model I´ve been working on for a friendly contest. Model is almost ready, made a quickish preview render of the model:
podreiskar2.jpg

Still to do: Four armed driver, textures, background scene, propably some dust particles and what not.

Some nice art in here! I've been messing around tradtionally trying to reinforce my core skills. once I get on a computer ill post some of my sketches.

daedalius

Black-Box

Nice work everybody, hopefully one day, I will have art worthy of being posted here. and if anyone cares to respond how long have you've been working on art?

Prax

Nice work everybody, hopefully one day, I will have art worthy of being posted here. and if anyone cares to respond how long have you've been working on art?

Do you mean how long we have been drawing for?

Because it's pretty much been all my life (at least since I was 4 from what I can remember!). It's been my hobby forever.

Now if you're asking when I tried to take it more seriously or got to an "acceptable level".. I guess since around 2005ish (even 2001 sometimes had okay stuff!). Bleh. It's been SO LONG and I feel like I have barely improved! I need to focus more!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
RagingSpaniard, have you ever done Skies of Arcadia art? For some reason, I feel like you would do some awesome Skies of Arcadia work. I think it's the last piece (awesome btw) that just made me think of that.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
RagingSpaniard, have you ever done Skies of Arcadia art? For some reason, I feel like you would do some awesome Skies of Arcadia work. I think it's the last piece (awesome btw) that just made me think of that.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Never have! I never got a chance to get into that game, but I'll agree the style does resemble it a little bit

daedalius

So here are some designs I am working on, will update as I go.

Background text here: http://galefire.com/2012/01/galefire-beastiary/

I <3 breaking the frame on Gaf

Love your stuff RS, I still remember when I saw that top down illustration you have as your header like... YEARS ago on conceptart

As to a previous question, I've been drawing since I was a kid. I've been trying to get to a professional level for about 3 years or so now. I didn't focus on art in college, huge mistake, took graphic design instead (which I don't even like). Oh well.

Sofo

How do you people manage cloth folds? I'm really having a hard time. I've googled about it and found some stuff but still, when I try to replicate it I suck really badly at it.

Unrelated but a small fanart of Natsume Yuujinchou (a plot of one of the episodes, anyway)
(Is it safe to link to DeviantArt) I really hate hands.

asagi_and_akagane_png_by_ietes-d4nupve.png

Prax

How do you people manage cloth folds? I'm really having a hard time. I've googled about it and found some stuff but still, when I try to replicate it I suck really badly at it.

Unrelated but a small fanart of Natsume Yuujinchou (a plot of one of the episodes, anyway)
(Is it safe to link to DeviantArt) I really hate hands.

asagi_and_akagane_png_by_ietes-d4nupve.png
I am no cloth expert, as I still struggle with it, but the best is to do cloth studies and actually just look at flabric folds and stuff in real life and imitate. Photo refereneces work too.
I think this DA turtorial is pretty good:
Part 1: http://darlingmionette.deviantart.com/art/Tutorial-Clothing-Folds-1-176116285
Part 2: http://darlingmionette.deviantart.com/art/Tutorial-Clothing-Folds-2-176140835
I just skimmed through, but it's simple and looks accurate, and covers different areas of cloth physics that I think are worth mentioning.

I direct link to DA all the time!

daedalius

So I updated the creatures again... but I'm not going to post it again since it is huge and like 4 posts up!

Will need to post a giant version after it is done since I've done far too much close rendering.

Really like the above enviro.

Sofo

I am no cloth expert, as I still struggle with it, but the best is to do cloth studies and actually just look at flabric folds and stuff in real life and imitate. Photo refereneces work too.
I think this DA turtorial is pretty good:
Part 1: http://darlingmionette.deviantart.com/art/Tutorial-Clothing-Folds-1-176116285
Part 2: http://darlingmionette.deviantart.com/art/Tutorial-Clothing-Folds-2-176140835
I just skimmed through, but it's simple and looks accurate, and covers different areas of cloth physics that I think are worth mentioning.

I direct link to DA all the time!
Aaah! Thank you very much! Will check them up this weekend, hopefully I can paint a little bit! It's true that it helps to keep an eye on cloths in real life, I've actually become quite an observer haha, I keep staring at hands and folds @_@

Thanks again. :)

Huge image, sorry about that...
A Podrace model I´ve been working on for a friendly contest. Model is almost ready, made a quickish preview render of the model:
https://sites.google.com/site/dsfvxc/_/rsrc/1327162733889/home/podreiskar2.jpg[IMG]
Still to do: Four armed driver, textures, background scene, propably some dust particles and what not.[/QUOTE]

Very nice work, you have a great eye for detail. Mind if I ask what software you are using?

Prax

^ Pretty~!
I really like rough/chalky coloured in stuff. I wish I had the skill and patience to do it myself.

I haven't posted anything in a while, so you can look at some ballpoint pen sketches of mine:

altaire___feb_3_4_2012_sketches_by_meibatsu-d4olaeq.jpg

And a coloured ballpoint pen sketch:
stop_in_the_name_of_love_by_meibatsu-d4olbe7.jpg

I need to go back and get references on ab-natomy. >_>

I am also still up in the air about a "style", since I don't think much about trying to acheive a consistent look to my art besides "unfinished". I feel like I should be trying to stick to a style and develop it, but I get lazy and just default to what I have posted up there. I want to try to loosen my style a little to get more animated springyness to it and have it become natural, but I don't know how long it will take to make it become a part of me instead of consciously forcing it. :l

Top Bottom