• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arts & Farts

zethren

Banned
Hey all, been a while since I posted anything in here. I've got some new things I've been working on, and I'll get them up in here when I can. As always, this thread is great for inspiration.

Doing something new, here's Ginger Steve, a kid who gets turned into an orc ... dont know much else yet, lol

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-L0H61BnC3V8/UBA1VdEDjNI/AAAAAAAAAvU/K4D1bwvgSZo/s1600/ginger_steve.jpg[/img]

Love it. haha.

Interesting idea for a game/story, as well.

After missing about 100 rounds, I finally entered another Creature of the Week at Conceptart.org

hell__s_gate_greeter_by_blkcelebration-d58p4jh.png

Check out the other entries here>>> C.O.W # 266

Loxley

The final for one of my illustration classes last semester was to draw an exaggerated self portrait; we just had to do a relatively clean graphite illustration with little in the way of value. So this morning I got bored and decided to scan it in and give it some color.

expressionr.jpg
expressionz.jpg

Solving a problem in an image is a very satisfying feeling. I think that, and having people recognize what you do are a couple of the things that keep me motivated.

Finished my LOTR drawing!

bal1.jpg

Awesome piece, love it. You should post it in The Hobbit thread ;)

Salsa

Aight I thought it was done, but when the Environment lead on Diablo gives you shit to change, you goddamn change it

lucha_roof.jpg

touched up the colors in the background? certainly makes the area of interest (where the character is standing near the luchador supplies) pop up a lot more, looks awesome!

so1337

I feel like this post would be more at home in The "Gaf Members Who Make Comics" Thread but sadly, that one's pretty much inactive so I figured I might aswell post it here.

This is the sequel to that 20-page-comic I did last year. The positive response from a couple of gaffers encouraged me to write a second chapter. And here it is! I view this "series" as sort of a hommage to manga and this chapter in particular features more than a couple of nods to Mitsuru Adachi's Cross Game which I absolutely fell in love with.

If you're at all interested in reading it I highly encourage you to head over to my deviantart page.
working_class_hiro_chapter_2_page_04_page_05_by_manusstahl-d58wmrp.jpg

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
touched up the colors in the background? certainly makes the area of interest (where the character is standing near the luchador supplies) pop up a lot more, looks awesome!

Oh I forgot to post the final edit, also you are correct but I pushed it too far, that image feels like two different illustrations so in this edit I bring it back a bit more.

lucha_roof.jpg

commedieu

Banned
Just wanted to say that this thread is awesome. I know everyone's work isn't commented on, but it sure as hell inspires me to draw every time I see it. I'm sure I'm not alone :)

serfr

Neo Member
Great stuff in here... For fun, I just like to scribble mindlessly and try to make some kind of weird robot/machine out of it. I did these at the beach and colored them in photoshop at home.

beach1fin.jpg

beach2fin.jpg

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
This wont be on the blog for a few days, and since its late, its for the Euro crowd ;)

marco.jpg

Mr. F

Banned
Great stuff in here... For fun, I just like to scribble mindlessly and try to make some kind of weird robot/machine out of it. I did these at the beach and colored them in photoshop at home.

beach1fin.jpg

beach2fin.jpg

A few of these sort of remind me of Advance Wars' style, great work.

serfr

Neo Member
A few of these sort of remind me of Advance Wars' style, great work.
Thank you! :)
A pro at conceptart told me it's a good idea to add "turnarounds" (front, back, side, etc views) for possible use by a toy sculptor. But you have to be super precise and accurate. It also gives a more presentable look. (still working on this stuff lol)

Some really great stuff on this page. Especially from Prax, Vespa, Timo and DM_Uselink

Wow I really like that style.

The eyes got me.
Thanks, people some to have a pretty positive reaction to the cover. Now I just need to make the interiors look as good as the covers!

Quick question guys, what photoshop brushes do you guys like to use? I'm back to giving painting on photoshop a try and I'm in need of some brushes.

Gustav_Klimt_016.jpg

Gustav Klimt The Kiss

IMG_0057.JPG

Nia and Simon Kiss

IMG_1573.jpg

Norman Rockwell New Kids in the Neighborhood
IMG_0058.JPG

Tonari No New Kids

William-Adolphe_Bouguereau_%281825-1905%29_-_The_Wave_%281896%29.jpg

Adolphe Bouguereau The Wave

sailor_neptune_wave_by_skimlines-d53r4df.jpg

Sailor Neptune Wave

I saw these paintings by Skimlines at Otakon, i became a bubbly fan boy when i met her. I wished i purchased the Norman Rockwell meets studio ghibli, the two girls are painted on sheet of acrylic glass and then over laid over the canvas like a cell.

This is her webpage https://www.facebook.com/skimlines

I am currently looking at the paintings she based her paintings on, i love when i discover something new and it moves me in a good way.

daedalius

Hey guys, I am going to gencon this year and need to make up some business cards. I have a leave-behind sheet with some of my art on it already, but I plan to hand out both.

I'd like the card to not be too plain, but I don't know if I want to go too over the top with it. I was thinking about doing a simple line drawing of a character in my style with a cloak and have that billowing out to the side and wrapping around the card. I'd then fill that with a pretty solid red to give the card some color. I'm open to suggestions :)

On the back I'd just have my name and contact information.

Raging Spaniard

If you guys remember Ginger Steve from last week, heres his best friend and adventure buddy, Sidekick Dave

sidekick_dave.jpg

Prax

I return with more randomness! XD

Mine and another person's character in a kind of time progression image. They are kissing in the end. YAY!
journey_of_a_young_man_by_meibatsu-d57eihc.png

It was recently my birthday, so I decided to try a self-portrait. Of course, I didn't add in facial blemishes like dark circles from lack of sleep, so this looks younger than ME me, but it's the same basic person! Except in super hero stuff because I can. >_> ... I will eventually get to learning how to make convincing metals.
omg_happy_birthday_to_me_by_meibatsu-d590o41.png

Some Tales of Symphonia fanart I owed to a friend for a long while~!
I know Colette isn't as "part" of the background/environment as she could be, but the image wasn't really supposed to have a background in the first place. It just got added in quickly so I could post it up. >_>
colette_salutes_the_summer_by_meibatsu-d59mb08.png

Raging Spaniard

Working on my sprite a little bit more.. Added color and some more motion.

idle_color_test.gif

It has a few issues, but first you gotta slow it down. Its a breathing idle so it needs to be smooth and slow, otherwise it looks like the character is about to have a heart attack. Easily needs at least twice the frames it has now.

Also, you want your animations to overlap, right now theyre all happening at the same time.

I think I read this is your first one though, so no worries, its a good start.

Dali

Wow Timo. I really like your stlye.
I know I've said it before, but I do

Nice first attempt Baronness. It looks like its coming along pretty well.

DM/Spaniard, great stuff as always.

Serfr, looking good. Reminds me of old Akira Toriyama or Masamune Shirow mechanized drawings.

It has a few issues, but first you gotta slow it down. Its a breathing idle so it needs to be smooth and slow, otherwise it looks like the character is about to have a heart attack. Easily needs at least twice the frames it has now.

Also, you want your animations to overlap, right now theyre all happening at the same time.

I think I read this is your first one though, so no worries, its a good start.

Yeah it's my first one. Going to start again with all these issues in mind :) Thanks for the crit.

Thanks Dali & Loxley!

Here's another creature of the week. I did not have time to finish it and meet the deadline though :(

"Celestial Beholder"
celestialbeholdercow267.jpg

Raging Spaniard

Some art from back when I was working at a Pokemon ripoff over at Gameloft ;)

town_concept.jpg

serfr

Neo Member
Nice updates everyone.. Thanks Dali, I checked those 2 artists out, cool stuff...
This thread motivates me to draw.. did some more scribble machines

worka.jpg

workb.jpg

workc.jpg

workd.jpg

Timo

ker3N.jpg

Made this with a 8-bit show thats coming up in mind.

Dali- No, you're awesome.

Burli, those designs kick ass man.

Top Bottom