• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asian-GAF: We're all the same, like Stormtroopers |OT| |AT|

Visuals are ok but like I said in the other thread.. the Major was more detached and pragmatic ... the whole "we saved you so that you can save others.... or did we????" feels so totally off compared to the source material

Nudull

Banned
The movie feels boring, uninspired, and I'm still not over the whitewashing. It looks nice, that's all the positive I could give. XD

SRG01

So much has changed in Hong Kong in the last five years. Seemingly more glitz, construction, and revitalization of old areas and infrastructure.

Debirudog

It has been more and more expensive for my parents to live in HK. :((((

I think they might be going back to Australia now that voice chat is a thing now.

sfedai0

Banned
Changed for the worse in HK. Everything is now super expensive and we dont even have to talk about the political climate there. Its depressing visiting there.

vern

Changed for the worse in HK. Everything is now super expensive and we dont even have to talk about the political climate there. Its depressing visiting there.

Speaking of depressing I'm in Pattaya, Thailand right now. Absolutely the shittiest place I've been in Asia. Probably will have more to say later, now just trying to process it. Anyone else ever been here before?

Speaking of depressing I'm in Pattaya, Thailand right now. Absolutely the shittiest place I've been in Asia. Probably will have more to say later, now just trying to process it. Anyone else ever been here before?

Was there like three years ago. But didn't stay long. It wasn't very nice...

I'm in Chicago, and have been for 8 or so years. I'm heading back to Ohio (Cincinnati specifically) this weekend to meet up with some college friends.

Normally, I wouldn't think twice and just go and get gas or stop whenever, but now I'm seriously considering areas to avoid stopping and so forth. I know the route back and forth like the back of my hand, and yet, I'm actually planning my route through Indiana... where to stop to get gas, etc. It's just odd that I've NEVER thought about anything like this before aside from the one time my friends and I accidentally drove into a Klan meeting in college while camping in Indiana.

It's just all very disheartening...

I'm in Chicago, and have been for 8 or so years. I'm heading back to Ohio (Cincinnati specifically) this weekend to meet up with some college friends.

Normally, I wouldn't think twice and just go and get gas or stop whenever, but now I'm seriously considering areas to avoid stopping and so forth. I know the route back and forth like the back of my hand, and yet, I'm actually planning my route through Indiana... where to stop to get gas, etc. It's just odd that I've NEVER thought about anything like this before aside from the one time my friends and I accidentally drove into a Klan meeting in college while camping in Indiana.

It's just all very disheartening...

Do it and tell your friends about it. Better to be safe than sorry. During my drunken conversations with my fam and friends this past weekend, that's what we all told each other.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I have to say I am extremely impressed with Al Jazeera's reporting and I just saw this news story by them.

https://youtu.be/cqCYzCQ9PWw

Very interesting that China is actually dramatically downsizing its military. It has already half the size of its army size since its height many years ago. They are now embracing better technology and need less army soldiers. Also very interesting to me is that they have veterans now protesting for better veteran care. That part literally mirrors what's happening in US. If China is downsizing its military, I hope US can decrease its military complex as well. I am all for more R&D though since I know military does usually help with a lot of scientific research.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
How's the fam doing? I have thoughts and feelings about the election (I spent the last few months volunteering on Clinton's data team, since I was one of the OG from Obama 04 / 08) - but let's just say there's a lot of blame to go around, and that sometimes old truths (It's about the economy, stupid) are old truths for a reason. Almost dragged Kander over that freaking finish line though, ugh.

GAF OT has been hard to read; as the in-fighting has gotten pretty brutal between "stopping another Trump" and "sticking to our principles"; even though I think the two aren't mutually exclusive in any meaningful form when looked at honestly.

Anyway, how are folks doing. I'm all right in Seattle up here; even if I am the bad kind of asian (dem brown kinds) for the current time period. :D

Even though I want to, I've stopped posting in those threads. No one is convincing anyone anyway, and I've been spending more time on Gaming side again, like I did when I originally joined GAF.

I think I'm sick (literally) right now. "Perfect" timing, since my wife went to a training conference and took our son. I have to go visit a client this afternoon, though; that's going to be "fun."

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Even though I want to, I've stopped posting in those threads. No one is convincing anyone anyway, and I've been spending more time on Gaming side again, like I did when I originally joined GAF.

I think I'm sick (literally) right now. "Perfect" timing, since my wife went to a training conference and took our son. I have to go visit a client this afternoon, though; that's going to be "fun."

Yeah - lot of folks need to work through the anger / despair / etc that tends to come with a Dem loss (as someone who remembers Clinton beating GHWB and then GWB taking over). OT's gonna be rough and a super polarized echo chamber for several months, I think. There's enough evidence to support whatever theory you want to believe in anyway, so people are just going to latch on to their pre-existing world views and go ham on each other.

I think I got a nasty bug as well, I'm congested and such. :(

SystemBug

What's shitty about it? Just wondering haha

Moonkid

Welp, just learned Duerte is visiting my country today. Fun fact: Tyler the Creator and Odd Future are banned from visiting because of their lyrics. Faith in humanity continues to drop...

vern

What's shitty about it? Just wondering haha

Well I'm here for work so this is my excuse, but it's the top sex tourism place in Thailand from my understanding, and maybe all of Asia.

It would be kind of hard to talk about it without coming off as judgmental about a few different groups of people so I probably shouldn't say much. Just imagine the kinds of people that go across the world to fuck young Asian women, whatever image pops in your head is probably correct. Also everything that comes along with this kind of tourism...

I'm not an angel or a prude or anything so not trying to sound holier than thou, I'm enjoying myself. It's mental though. Two more days and I can get back to China and normalcy lol.

Well I'm here for work so this is my excuse, but it's the top sex tourism place in Thailand from my understanding, and maybe all of Asia.

It would be kind of hard to talk about it without coming off as judgmental about a few different groups of people so I probably shouldn't say much. Just imagine the kinds of people that go across the world to fuck young Asian women, whatever image pops in your head is probably correct. Also everything that comes along with this kind of tourism...

I'm not an angel or a prude or anything so not trying to sound holier than thou, I'm enjoying myself. It's mental though. Two more days and I can get back to China and normalcy lol.

well, when i was there three years ago a middle aged white tourist came to ask me how old i was (... i was just standing by a street food vendor, by a main beach thoroughfare)

like, that was his question, literally

"HOW OLD?"

and he said it slow and clear

so im not surprised by your impression, vern

i replied in english, "too old 4 u" and he left, face as red as lobster :x

vern

well, when i was there three years ago a middle aged white tourist came to ask me how old i was (... i was just standing by a street food vendor, by a main beach thoroughfare)

"HOW OLD?"

and he said is slow and clear

😂

Some creepers out here. Lots of dudes wearing the standard "pedophile" uninform.

"HOW OLD?"

lmao at the spoiler

SystemBug

"HOW OLD?"

omg wow

cdyhybrid

"HOW OLD?"

Smh

"HOW OLD?"

Wow wtf...

Man..... The family dog has diarrhea this week and uh, it's not pleasant. He's been sneak shitting all around the house >_> I feel so bad for him ;_;

vern

The thing about yesnononoyes standing by the beach though, assuming she's a girl, the entire two miles or so of beachfront is just a row of girls standing around selling themselves. All kinds, young to old. So it's probably a normal question, especially for the dudes chasing the young ones.

Not even gonna lie I asked a girl how old she was. Was walking down the street and girls were grabbing on me (trying to pull you into their bar mostly)... a girl that looked about 14 latched onto me. I asked how old. It was not(!!!)cuz I was interested in sleeping with her or anything like that, just more was in shock plus curious cuz she looked like a child. She said she was 20... I don't believe her but who knows really. Pretty wild here.

The thing about yesnononoyes standing by the beach though, assuming she's a girl, the entire two miles or so of beachfront is just a row of girls standing around selling themselves. All kinds, young to old. So it's probably a normal question, especially for the dudes chasing the young ones.

Not even gonna lie I asked a girl how old she was. Was walking down the street and girls were grabbing on me (trying to pull you into their bar mostly)... a girl that looked about 14 latched onto me. I asked how old. It cuz I was interested in sleeping with her or anything like that, just more was in shock plus curious cuz she looked like a child. She said she was 20... I don't believe her but who knows really. Pretty wild here.

Bolded part is missing a not, tragically.

XD

But yea, can confirm. Loads of girls just standing around and being overtly "available"

I was just waiting for my seafood though... I love the street food culture in Asia~

But yes. Can confirm that the local prostitution industry is geared for a certain touristy market. It's kinda vile.

vern

Bolded part is missing a not, tragically.

XD

But yea, can confirm. Loads of girls just standing around and being overtly "available"

I was just waiting for my seafood though... I love the street food culture in Asia~

But yes. Can confirm that the local prostitution industry is geared for a certain touristy market. It's kinda vile.

Lol holy shit oops. Edit now hahah

Top Bottom