• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asian-GAF: We're all the same, like Stormtroopers |OT| |AT|

BUNNY PLS

Why would you do this to me! Oh god.. I want to eat it all. I'm so damn hungry for it right now.

I want to post food from where I'm from as well! ヾ(*´∀`*)ノ

Although I can't find pictures that do it justice. I will go to this week and take pictures!

http://ramen-tatsuya.com/

jasonng

Holy shit, there's an Asian GAF thread?! I think I'm starting to spend more time in community than OT...
Yo! I guess I should have told you but I assumed you already knew of this thread.

Oh my god, I've been there! It's like the only decent ramen joint in all of TX.

I'm in love with ramen, and my bf's from TX, so we drove to Austin from Houston for a trip. I was skeptical at first, but mmm the ramen at Tatsuya is really legit.

:)
I've always wonder how Asian food is like in the Midwest. I can imagine the lack of convenience of a coast makes fresh seafood a tad harder to come by. Also I like the idea of an Asian tex-mex fusion.

As much as I love ramen all those pics of ramen makes me really crave for pho. Give pho a chance, backslash.

Zoe

I've always wonder how Asian food is like in the Midwest. I can imagine the lack of convenience of a coast makes fresh seafood a tad harder to come by. Also I like the idea of an Asian tex-mex fusion.

Tatsuya doesn't really do fusion unless it's on special. Paul Qui's East Side King has fusion ramen though.

Kevyt

Yo! I guess I should have told you but I assumed you already know of this thread.

As much as I love ramen all those pics of ramen makes me really crave for pho. Give pho a chance, backslash.

Reminds me that I haven't had Pho in a while.

y2dvd

BUNNY PLS

Why would you do this to me! Oh god.. I want to eat it all. I'm so damn hungry for it right now.

I want to post food from where I'm from as well! ヾ(*´∀`*)ノ

Although I can't find pictures that do it justice. I will go to this week and take pictures!

http://ramen-tatsuya.com/

I've been there and that place is legit. One of the better ramen shops I've had in the states. Well worth the wait, because that line can get long! Ramen tonight? Ramen tonight.

SRG01

There's a ramen place up here in frosty Northern Canada, but it's kind of strange because some of their ramen dishes have Chinese elements fused in.

winter weather calls for

20130210-240269-laos-khaopien-fatties.jpg

Zoe

Well you have to post some examples of fusion. Is it like a luther burger on top of ramen?

Like they have a chicken tortilla flavored ramen:
Chicken and pork dashi, Tom-Yum base*, braised chicken thigh, dried shrimp, avocado, blue corn tortilla strips, pickled yellow onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lime

Fusion around here normally means using bbq or shoving things into a taco. There's brisket ramen at one of the Whole Foods, but it sucks ass.

I'm not really a fan of fusion though, so I rarely bother with those dishes.

jasonng

Like they have a chicken tortilla flavored ramen:
That sounds pretty good. I hope to try one day. I still think that fusion can work really well.

Brother, I think you just found the next title of out OT. Asian-GAF: Warning, do not click when hungry.
Rice noodles are so good though.

Asian-GAF |OT| Warning: Do not click when thirsty.

Followed by copious amounts of scantily clad Asian women (and men) and food. That's how you get more posts in here. Or at least that's how it seems from the Interested in Japan thread.

SRG01

There's a Vietnamese place here in the city called Phobulous... It's surprisingly authentic Vietnamese food.

jasonng

I'm giving the show a chance. I'm expecting a lot of unintentional awkward "comedy". I also have a gut feeling it's going to get canned too. It looks weird that they cast such a young actress for the mother.

How do you guys feel about most Asian male roles are usually Korean actors?

Too bad it will get csncelled

I want to believe D:

I'm giving the show a chance. I'm expecting a lot of unintentional awkward "comedy". I also have a gut feeling it's going to get canned too. It looks weird that they cast such a young actress for the mother.

How do you guys feel about most Asian male roles are usually Korean actors?

Until the recognized talent pool finally grows I don't mind it at all. Hopefully this show spurs it on, but things like this feel like the chalkboard meme.

SRG01

Guys, I'm trying to make egg tarts. Can I use premade frozen puff pastry or do I have to make the pastry myself?

SRG01

But it involves me making two separate doughs with repeated folding :( Maybe I should buy a mixer as an investment for future projects...

Maybe phyllo pastry, hmm.

jtravolta69

Neo Member
One of my best friends is asian and he denies it alot, is there any way i can get him some counceling so he finally comes to the light and admits he is what he is?

I just realize I popped in without introducing myself.

I am Chinese, born in Guangzhou and moved to New York when I was 8. I'm probably more made for Western culture mainly because I love sci-fi movies. China's not the world's biggest sci-fi movie maker, and when I was a kid, foreign movies were a lot harder to come by. Lucky kids in China now can enjoy the same stuff that I can now.

jasonng

Small world. My family's from Guangzhou too. My parents came to NY to have me. I've only had one chance to visit the motherland but I do intend to go back again. Sci-fi is just cool as fuck.
Dinosaurs are boring though.

Have you ever gone to one of the NY meetups? I'd feel like a dick if I met you before and have forgotten.

So I guess we have to introduce ourselves? Well, I'm Hmong and I was born and raised in the US, California to be specific.

I don't speak Hmong though, it was never reinforced in my home due to my parents being quite young and able to speak English very fluently (my mom speaks it better than she does Hmong). Kind of sucks since people look down on me for not speaking it and say that "I'm what's wrong with young Hmong people", oh well. I'll learn to speak it again one day.

I can't even tell if that site is parody or not :/

Probably not. I know people who think like that. The "US" vs. "THEM" mentality is pretty strong in every racial "community". That mentality gets to impalpable levels when its allowed to fester among hundreds of people, possibly with a soapbox for them to give a voice to their illogical beliefs that are shared with their peers. Well, there doesn't literally have to be anything like get-togethers or soirees for this mentality to become huge, simply interacting with people in your community can instill it into your brain if you let it. Some communities really do have these types of get-togethers where they voice their problems and the group tries to solve them by their own devices...

And if someone's finding it so hard to approach a girl, let alone date one because "they all want white guys", then it's probably more a problem with them and they're just denying it and pushing the blame elsewhere.

Oh my god, I've been there! It's like the only decent ramen joint in all of TX.

I'm in love with ramen, and my bf's from TX, so we drove to Austin from Houston for a trip. I was skeptical at first, but mmm the ramen at Tatsuya is really legit.

:)

Oh really? That's awesome! Looks like I don't have to post pictures. Haha.

Tatsu-Ya is simply the most amazing thing that I've discovered on my own, which I rarely ever do. Since it's always family/friends that tell me about places. XP

Tsukemen (dipping ramen) is the best! Also, the Munchie Katsu Slider is delicious. :)

I've been there and that place is legit. One of the better ramen shops I've had in the states. Well worth the wait, because that line can get long! Ramen tonight? Ramen tonight.

Yesss, the line can be hectic. But that's why I always go early. Hah. Plus if you have some friends with you, the time shortens greatly. ^^

Yeah there's all sorts of Pho restaurants with creative names.

The only pun that I know of here is PhoNatic. :p

Top Bottom