• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag |OT| Not Based on a DisneyLand Ride

My PC should be running this more than fine, but I either get 60 fps or 30. Nothing in between. The difference can be a bit jarring, I don't suppose there's a way to just lock it to 30 all the time?

Yes it's the same DLC. Apparently PC doesn't count when talking about exclusivity. PS3/4 exclusive + PC. Xbox doesn't get it though.

wow. lol.

its weird because isn't liberation hd coming to 360 as well?

All I can say is, please please have pc as neutral ground for all stuff in the future, and get all exclusive stuff ;)

Did some testing, I can't even get a clean 60 with everything turned down to low and the resolution at 1280x768 (don't judge me, it's the TV). My specs are

• Intel i7-3770 @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs)
  • 16 gigs of ram
  • GeForce GTX 660

Not the best card, but that still seems kinda ridiculous. :lol

AndyBNV

Nvidia

Mifune

Mehmber
Kind of a dumb question but how do I access the free DLC on PS4 once the Passport has been downloaded? Is it the kinda thing where those missions will show up in the regular game naturally?

Kind of a dumb question but how do I access the free DLC on PS4 once the Passport has been downloaded? Is it the kinda thing where those missions will show up in the regular game naturally?

The Aveline missions? They are played from the main menu. All Single Player DLC should just be unlocked in the game. It may be after you each a certain sequence. I forget if it is sequence 3 or 4 when you get full access to your boat and the open world.

Updated my drivers today, I'll check and see if it's the right ones.

EDIT: Yup, it's the right ones, got 'em through GeForce Experience.

Glad I decided to go with the PS4 version.

Glad I decided to go with the PS4 version.

Doesn't that run at 30 fps, though? That's my minimum, the game doesn't dip underneath it.

When I'm looking at a wall or the sky, the game will run at a smooth 60, but it immediately plummets back to 30 the moment I start looking out over the city.

Doesn't that run at 30 fps, though? That's my minimum, the game doesn't dip underneath it.

When I'm looking at a wall or the sky, the game will run at a smooth 60, but it immediately plummets back to 30 the moment I start looking out over the city.

Pretty much this, although I'm seeing more of a 50 to 26 drop.

Zabka

Anyone else run into problems launching the game on PS4 after the new patch? It crashed while starting AC post-patch, then it booted me the second time saying I need to log in again. Worked the third time but I had to re-activate UPlay.

Weird. Looks nice though.

Derrick01

Banned
Wow coming from Knack I can't help but notice how hideous this game is. I chose to do the Aveline DLC first so maybe it's just that.

Wow coming from Knack I can't help but notice how hideous this game is. I chose to do the Aveline DLC first so maybe it's just that.

I haven't played the Aveline DLC but in no way does AC look hideous imo, especially after the recent patch today giving us 1080p and a slew of other new graphical enhancements.

I haven't played the Aveline DLC but in no way does AC look hideous imo, especially after the recent patch today giving us 1080p and a slew of other new graphical enhancements.
It doesn't look hideous, but it's definitely inconsistent. You can tell that it's a "last gen" game with higher res textures and slight graphical upgrades.

I've yet to play Knack, but Killzone is on another level compared to AC IV (on PC). No individual element looks much better than what I'm used to, but as a whole it just looks stunning.

Derrick01

Banned

I'm hoping the main game looks better because this looks just like AC3 on PS3 to me, except it's not running as poorly. Everything's so low res and last gen looking.

Just started this today after skipping the last 2 mainline games and man...

1. Did the parkour get even easier? I could've sworn there was some "press ___ to leap" while climbing and stuff before. Now it's all "Hold R2 + Stick up to agility everything." Meh, whatever.

2. The sci-fi part of the game is just a nuisance now from a "immersion" standpoint. I love sci-fi, but it's always been the worst part of Assassin's Creed IMO, and now that they're all meta and poking fun at themselves it's taking me out of the experience even more. Even little things like the futuristic menu designs, the Animus graphical glitches/updates during missions and when you get new gear, etc. feel totally pointless now. The pirate simulation is being hurt by the sci-fi framing device.

Just started this today after skipping the last 2 mainline games and man...

1. Did the parkour get even easier? I could've sworn there was some "press ___ to leap" while climbing and stuff before. Now it's all "Hold R2 + Stick up to agility everything." Meh, whatever.

2. The sci-fi part of the game is just a nuisance now from a "immersion" standpoint. I love sci-fi, but it's always been the worst part of Assassin's Creed IMO, and now that they're all meta and poking fun at themselves it's taking me out of the experience even more. Even little things like the futuristic menu designs, the Animus graphical glitches/updates during missions and when you get new gear, etc. feel totally pointless now. The pirate simulation is being hurt by the sci-fi framing device.

The Parkour systems got even more dumbed down during the leap from the Ezio trilogy to AC3. The early system wasn't all that great, but the AC3 one is just terrible. A little part of me died inside when Edward started displaying the same suicidal tendencies while running around.

The Parkour systems got even more dumbed down during the leap from the Ezio trilogy to AC3. The early system wasn't all that great, but the AC3 one is just terrible. A little part of me died inside when Edward started displaying the same suicidal tendencies while running around.

Man that's too bad. It doesn't feel right climbing without doing something on the face buttons. It makes traversal even less satisfying than before, and somehow even more inaccurate. At least there's some lateral movement while sprinting now which helps a lot when navigating through crowded areas.

On the plus side, I really like the music while walking around in Havana.

I'm hoping the main game looks better because this looks just like AC3 on PS3 to me, except it's not running as poorly. Everything's so low res and last gen looking.

Dude, I think you may have some issues if you think it looks like a PS3 game. This game was gorgeous before the patch.

What a ridiculous statement.

Lima

Dude, I think you may have some issues if you think it looks like a PS3 game. This game was gorgeous before the patch.

What a ridiculous statement.

He is talking about the Aveline DLC. Which indeed looks nothing like the main game. That is expected though since I still think that the Aveline DLC is just stuff they cut out from Liberations.

He is talking about the Aveline DLC. Which indeed looks nothing like the main game. That is expected though since I still think that the Aveline DLC is just stuff they cut out from Liberations.

It's also exclusive dlc which is always the C team.

Probably doesn't even have the next gen coat. P

Derrick01

Banned

It would make sense. I question if that was even 1080p because it looked really rough.

Anyway as far as the actual content of it goes it was slightly better than the benedict arnold stuff from AC3 but still not very good and it was more basic AC gameplay. I'd love to know how much money Sony wasted on this. There's still never been exclusive content worth a damn.

Megasoum

Banned
I've been running around in circles for 30min to find the last chest on Great Inagua... I should really give up and move on with the story but I'm a bit OCD lol.

Have they released any patch yet for the current gen systems? You know, to fix some of the more annoying bugs/glitches? Since about 10 hours into the game, I cannot finish the Assassin Contracts because of a bug. Really annoying.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Can someone please tell me either:

A) How to disable Uplay on the PS4 version

or

B) How to change my login credentials for Uplay.

I haven't been able to login to Uplay ever and it's bugging the fuck outta me getting messages all the time about it while in game.

Zomba13

So I'm trying to download the PC version using the Nvidia code. Already redeemed it etc, got an email saying it's available so launched Uplay and begun download. It's showing up on my game list but when downloading, after choosing a directory and language it just shows the grey screen with Edward and the Black Flag logo to the left, text saying "Installing Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Deluxe Edition" and a loading/buffering icon in the middle and it's not doing anything.
It's been like this for 5 mins at least now and I can't do anything else with the Uplay client, just close it. Even checked to see if it was making the file structure or something but nope. It's not downloading or doing anything.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Anyone else not getting surround sound on the PC? the game is only outputting out of the front 2 speakers, my setup is correct (all other games output in 5.1) .

vehn

Is there an acheivement / troph for getting all the collectible a (chests, shanties, sync points)? I looked through the list but didn't see it...

Derrick01

Banned
So when do you get to do pirate stuff? I'm in Havanna and bored out of my mind because right now it's just typical AC. A map full of checklist things to do that give no real meaningful reward. I swear Ubi makes the worst open worlds.

Been giving every. Mission that had optional don't get into combat and tailing mission 1 star. Fuck those shit.

Wonder if Derrick will give everything 1 star.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
So when do you get to do pirate stuff? I'm in Havanna and bored out of my mind because right now it's just typical AC. A map full of checklist things to do that give no real meaningful reward. I swear Ubi makes the worst open worlds.

It opens up more about an hour after Havanna.

And prepare yourself for the best open world next to GTA5.

Derrick01

Banned
Been giving every. Mission that had optional don't get into combat and tailing mission 1 star. Fuck those shit.

Wonder if Derrick will give everything 1 star.

I've only officially done 1 story mission but it was so long and boring that I had to give it 1 star. I'm getting the feeling that this will be a common theme in this game.

Top Bottom