• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

DrBo42

HixxSAFC said:
I know he's been banned but can a mod edit this post to remove the spoiler, I'm not particularly arsed about ACB spoilers so highlighted it and I'm half way through FNV :/

Fucking arsehole.

Ouch. That fucking sucks.

jett

D-Member
To anyone who already has the PS3 version, can you tell if the framerate is any better than AC2, or if the image quality has improved?

Lothars

I wasn't planning to buy this but since bestbuy here in canada has this and need for speed for 99 dollars, I will be picking this up tomorrow.

I love assassin's creed though and look forward to playing this.

Sorry if this was asked before, but I couldn't find the answer.

When does the embargo for the reviews lift? Doesn't this game come out tomorrow?

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Status is now at "Packing". Hopefully they send it out tomorrow and i get it early.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Revolutionary said:
I've noticed that character's face details/models have improved but that's literally it. Looks and runs about the same to me.

Anyway, I'm going to stream for a bit. I'll try some multiplayer but I really don't know how that'll go considering the amount of bandwidth that's going to be hogged by streaming. :lol

http://www.justin.tv/bkarevolutionary

Thanks for stream!

dwebo

Revolutionary said:
I've noticed that character's face details/models have improved but that's literally it. Looks and runs about the same to me.
So... it still tears like crazy? Not much I can do about it since I don't feel like waiting for the PC version and gamefly's already shipped, but still, disappointing if that's the case.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Slight spoiler
So apparently the Trophy '.. .- -- .- .-.. .. ...- . ' is morse code and translates to 'I AM ALIVE' which is the name for another UBI game. Maybe I AM ALIVE is the aftermath of the event that Desmond was supposed to stop but couldn't, or didn't do it quick enough and there was still an effect on Earth. Kinda like the Tom Clancy games, you play in the same universe but the story lines don't cross.

Of course it could just mean Subject 16 didn't actually kill himself, or there is a version of himself in the animus somewhere.

DrBo42

So far AC2's story is completely superior. Maybe the last few sequences will be better. ACB lacks any kind of emotional charge or motivation to keep you going.

dwebo

DrBo42 said:
So far AC2's story is completely superior. Maybe the last few sequences will be better. ACB lacks any kind of emotional charge or motivation to keep you going.
Not entirely surprising since Ezio's story was essentially over and done with by the end of AC2. I'm sure they've tacked on some bullshit excuse why we (Desmond) should still care about him, but yeah, especially with the one year turnaround time, I wasn't exactly expecting miracles in this department. :lol

DrBo42 said:

That's disappointing to hear but I was kind of expecting it with a rushed-to-market sequel. I'm still grabbing it because I love AC2 but I'm not expecting a Game of the Year experience again.

Mr. Sam

I never played the AC games for their story. Its mediocrity was exacerbated by the dumbness of the Animus framing device. Not discouraged by news that the story is poor.

Mr. Sam said:
I never played the AC games for their story. Its mediocrity was exacerbated by the dumbness of the Animus framing device. Not discouraged by news that the story is poor.
I'm not a huge fan of the Desmond story but I really enjoyed Ezio as a protagonist and loved that the story was steeped in the history of that time.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
DrBo42 said:

How much is Desmond's story and how much is Ezio's? 20/80 split?

Mr. Sam said:

Same. Nothing new here.

Mr. Sam

DoctorWho said:
I'm not a huge fan of the Desmond story but I really enjoyed Ezio as a protagonist and loved that the story was steeped in the history of that time.
The historical stuff was pretty functional. Some likeable characters, like Mario. The Desmond stuff made me wanna bang my head against the wall.

Ezio > Altair > Dog Crap > Desmond

jett

D-Member
Lens of truth comparison is out:

http://www.lensoftruth.com/?p=24367

tldr: looks like the framerate on both is virtually locked at 30fps with a similar percentage of frame tearing, so a definite improvement for the PS3 after AC2.

On the other hand the PS3 version still uses that POS quincunx AA that blurs the entire image, giving the perception that textures are of lower quality than the 360 rev. SMH Ubisoft, SMH.

Miggytronz

jett said:

tldr: looks like the framerate on both is almost locked at 30fps with a similar percentage of frame tearing, so a definite improvement for the PS3 after AC2.

On the other hand the PS3 version still uses that POS quincunx AA that blurs the entire image, giving the perception that textures are of lower quality than the 360 rev. SMH Ubisoft, SMH.

so XBOX version then?

shwimpy

Surprised how much they "fixed" in the PS3 version in about a year's worth of dev time. AC2 looked and played like ass on the PS3 (still plat'd that sucker). Good thing I have a 360 this time around but I wouldn't have been that upset if my only choice was the PS3 version.

Rikyfree

Makes me wish they'd add MLAA to this. I wonder what kind of framerate it would have then for the ps3 version. Along with image quality even.

Watching the stream above. Looks like they greatly improved the in-game map. You can now set markers from the landmarks database (To make finding 16's puzzles easier). Perhaps more importantly, Flag and Feather locations are now displayed on the map.

jett

D-Member
MLAA would've been so sweet in this game. I have little doubt they have the cpu cycles to spare, too.

Zero-Crescent said:
Watching the stream above. Looks like they greatly improved the in-game map. You can now set markers from the landmarks database (To make finding 16's puzzles easier). Perhaps more importantly, Flag and Feather locations are now displayed on the map.

Fuck yes.

dwebo

Zero-Crescent said:
I'm happy it'll be easier, I guess... but fuck, they're just dumbing down everything.

edit: Oh, and hooray for less tearing!

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
dwebo said:
I'm happy it'll be easier, I guess... but fuck, they're just dumbing down everything.

edit: Oh, and hooray for less tearing!

They may have the option to have those markers off

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
dwebo said:

Just because something is "easier" doesn't mean that they're "dumbing" it down. It's not like finding the feathers required much aptitude or intelligence before. This just means I won't have to print out feather maps.

kiun

jett said:

tldr: looks like the framerate on both is virtually locked at 30fps with a similar percentage of frame tearing, so a definite improvement for the PS3 after AC2.

thanks, going to stick with the x360 version for this game.

dwebo

Rebel Leader said:
They may have the option to have those markers off
That's true. I probably overreacted :lol

ZealousD said:
Just because something is "easier" doesn't mean that they're "dumbing" it down. It's not like finding the feathers required much aptitude or intelligence before. This just means I won't have to print out feather maps.
Eh, I'm sure a lot of people, myself included, wouldn't have printed out a feather map straight away. There were already audio cues when you were near one, and they glowed blue in eagle vision IIRC. I mean, how many games with hidden collectibles have the option to display their location on the map for you? Why even bother at that point?

Not a big deal, either way. People don't play this series to be challenged.

Rikyfree

jett said:
MLAA would've been so sweet in this game. I have little doubt they have the cpu cycles to spare, too.
Hey man, you never know. Maybe if they had an extra year (hint hint ubi) they could find that little bit of power needed.

i played over the weekend and it takes off right after the end of AC2.

i'm really liking it. i mean, if you liked ac2, then it's pretty much the same. rome is HUGE! there's new animations and stuff in the fighting mechanics. for example, when ezio does a counter move, he would finish it with a gun to the head. it's pretty sick. you can tell your guys to do assassins.

also love the virtual trainer.

mp servers are not active yet so didn't get to try mp yet.

NeoUltima said:
Odd...I got a platinum trophy in AC2, but only have 10 uplay points...Could have sworn I registered.

quick edit: oops, now I remember, I registered AFTER I beat the game. :/

Is there anyway to claim these afterwards? In the same boat.

Sai

Play the game again while you're registered with Uplay? Those "action completed" notices from Uplay still pop up for me on my 3rd playthrough. No points, of course.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
20101115-d12wn3u1q2ekueu9wixy7npqt2.jpg

Uplay/Rome Pack update?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Killthee said:
20101115-d12wn3u1q2ekueu9wixy7npqt2.jpg

Uplay/Rome Pack update?

I find that likely. Good thing to, since I just finished those new missions a few days ago. Had some ridiculous AP requirements. =X

Amazon changed my (FSSS) order's status to "Shipping Soon," so hopefully it'll get here next week. My last FSSS order, Metroid Other M, didn't ship until a week after release, though it did give me chance to cancel my order, grab the game at a slightly lower post-release price, and still get the credit offer.

EDIT: They shipped it!

I'm hiding from all the discussions - but has there been any word yet on which version is better? I saw that LensofTruth graphic comparison with the 360 having the slight edge. But I really would like to know performance wise. AC2 (at least for me) on PS3 was terrible with lag and screen tearing. I don't want to deal with that again.

Mr_Brit

Banned
Darknessbear said:
I'm hiding from all the discussions - but has there been any word yet on which version is better? I saw that DigitalFoundry graphic comparison with the 360 having the slight edge. But I really would like to know performance wise. AC2 (at least for me) on PS3 was terrible with lag and screen tearing. I don't want to deal with that again.
It's a singleplayer game, unless you really love trophies or the DS3 then just get it on 360 since it will 95+% be better.

Phenomic

ZealousD said:
I find that likely. Good thing to, since I just finished those new missions a few days ago. Had some ridiculous AP requirements. =X

Hopefully it sheds some light in how we redeem the rewards since the game does launch tomorrow. Perhaps even reveal the UPlay points requirements or additional unlockables.

ArjanN

dwebo said:
I mean, how many games with hidden collectibles have the option to display their location on the map for you? Why even bother at that point?

IMO Collectibles should always be visible on the map, or at least an approximation of their location. I loved that in Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Otherwise you always end up missing one or two and then you have to consult a guide.

Top Bottom