• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Revolutionary said:
lol you're probably going to be getting a bunch of people that were watching me all day. You've got a hell of an act to follow! :p

Not me playing. I'm still playing Two Worlds 2 and he asked me to stop hogging the stream :lol

_tetsuo_ said:
Not me playing. I'm still playing Two Worlds 2 and he asked me to stop hogging the stream :lol
Lucky bastard.. I want Two Worlds 2. :( ...but I've got a bunch of unfinished games on my plate as it is so I guess that January NA date is perfect for me.

Should I play Assassins Creed 2 before this? For some reason I never opened my game yet, still in my backlog.

I was just wondering if I can play this right away or should wait till I beat AC:II.

Ricker

sweetvar26 said:
Should I play Assassins Creed 2 before this? For some reason I never opened my game yet, still in my backlog.

I was just wondering if I can play this right away or should wait till I beat AC:II.

Play them both back to back,starting from II,if you plan on getting Brotherhood.

Ricker

amstradcpc said:

The only diff seems to be the contrast,which can easily be fix from the game slider or on your set...I have to do this with my TV anyway when I switch from the PS3 to the 360,for any content anyway,through HDMI,I raise the brightness on the PS3...those shots suggest the opposite.

bumpkin

I wanted to get it at midnight last night from GameStop, but Best Buy is offering a much better deal/incentive for getting it through them. If you're a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club, you got a bonus 500 points for pre-ordering it. That nets you a $10 voucher towards a future purchase (once the points "post" which is 35 days).

GameStop really needs to step up the perks of this so-called "Power-Up Rewards" program, because other retailers are making them look stupid.

Double D

Gamefly will be delivering this and hot pursuit today. Deciding which to play first is such a glorious decision to have to make :)

BeeDog

Has anyone gotten the Auditore/Collector's edition yet? If yes, could you please tell what kind of format any included keys have? I attended a Ubisoft event last week and got a Brotherhood-related code that uses this format:

AAA-BBBB-CCCC-DDDD-EEEE

Is that something that's entered into UPlay? The piece of paper the code is printed on doesn't mention jack shit. :lol

styl3s

Anyone dive into the SP or know how long it is? i don't care for the multiplayer, just wondering if it's at least an 8 hour game.

OmonRa

styl3s said:
Anyone dive into the SP or know how long it is? i don't care for the multiplayer, just wondering if it's at least an 8 hour game.

Almost triple that. :) Probably longer if you do everything.

styl3s

OmonRa said:
Almost triple that. :) Probably longer if you do everything.
I am talking straight up main and forced side missions, not collecting doves or underground crap or anything like that.

I don't care for collecting maps and chest and all that none sense, i just care about the story, if its 8+ hours ill go buy it right now, if not ill wait for black friday or used.

I am not real big on multiplayer games unless it's coop, im not really a competitive gamer although i do enjoy playing blops and starcraft 2 with friends, who knows.. i may fall in love with this multiplayer, the idea of the multiplayer does intrigue me i just feel i will nerd rage after getting my ass kicked over and over and over.

OmonRa

styl3s said:
I am talking straight up main and forced side missions, not collecting doves or underground crap or anything like that.

I don't care for collecting maps and chest and all that none sense, i just care about the story, if its 8+ hours ill go buy it right now, if not ill wait for black friday or used.

I am not real big on multiplayer games unless it's coop, im not really a competitive gamer although i do enjoy playing blops and starcraft 2 with friends, who knows.. i may fall in love with this multiplayer, the idea of the multiplayer does intrigue me i just feel i will nerd rage after getting my ass kicked over and over and over.

Yes even as you described it's much longer than 8 hours.

Definity said:
C'mon UPS driver dude. Your doughnuts can wait...get here with my game! I'm ready to jump back in the Aniums. :D

This sounds painful :lol

No email from Play.com about my codex edition... got way too much to play really anyway so not too fussed if its delayed.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
BeeDog said:
Has anyone gotten the Auditore/Collector's edition yet? If yes, could you please tell what kind of format any included keys have? I attended a Ubisoft event last week and got a Brotherhood-related code that uses this format:

AAA-BBBB-CCCC-DDDD-EEEE

Is that something that's entered into UPlay? The piece of paper the code is printed on doesn't mention jack shit. :lol
Same format, entered in game.

1. Go to Root Menu of the game
2. Select Extras
3. Select Exclusive Content
4. Input your Unique Code

I'll gladly take an officer or harlequin code off somebody's hands if they have one and they don't care about MP :D

BeeDog

Killthee said:
Same format, entered in game.

I'll gladly take an officer or harlequin code off somebody's hands if they have one and they don't care about MP :D

Thanks man. Now the question is, what the hell does my code unlock? :lol If I buy the Codex edition, and the code actually unlocks the same crap, then a lot of value is lost. :lol

OmonRa said:
Yes even as you described it's much longer than 8 hours.

Holy shit, so looks like the 15 hours of gameplay is about right, can probably take few hours off.

How long was Assassins Creed II?

Ranger X

DoctorWho said:
Anymore comments about the story? Someone mentioned yesterday that it is nowhere near as good as ACII.

So far so good. I am at sequence 3 and I don't see the problem so far.
The only cool thing you won't have this time, is this feeling of progression you had in AC2 because Ezio was becoming an Assassin. It's the only thing I sort of miss. Now it's a different type of story but I find it equally interesting really.

Ranger X said:
The only cool thing you won't have this time, is this feeling of progression you had in AC2 because Ezio was becoming an Assassin. It's the only thing I sort of miss. Now it's a different type of story but I find it equally interesting really.

Good to hear. I'm a big fan of the Ezio character and the first game's story. Look forward to playing through this.

Guts Of Thor

Thorax of Odin
sweetvar26 said:
Holy shit, so looks like the 15 hours of gameplay is about right, can probably take few hours off.

How long was Assassins Creed II?

For me AC2 took me 40hrs but I found every single glyph, treasure,codex, Assassins tomb etc...

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Ricker said:
The only diff seems to be the contrast,which can easily be fix from the game slider or on your set...I have to do this with my TV anyway when I switch from the PS3 to the 360,for any content anyway,through HDMI,I raise the brightness on the PS3...those shots suggest the opposite.

Exactly, the main difference is the same thing we always see in PS3 VS 360 games, a contrast issue. The missing godrays and sword handle are obviously bugs since removing a sword handle would not be a worthy optimization, and there are god rays elsewhere in the game. The only thing I did notice on PS3 that wasn't as good as on 360 was the SSAO which is present in cinematics, there is an outline around it.

Other than that it's the same thing. It's not sharper on 360. Also I disagree with that lensofthruth article on FPS. It doesn't run at a constant 30, it often dropped below, but not too much.

edit: And the Destructoid review is gone?

ultron87

Ranger X said:

So they don't Metroid you at the beginning and take away all your cool stuff from AC2? That's great news.

Ether_Snake said:
Exactly, the main difference is the same thing we always see in PS3 VS 360 games, a contrast issue. The missing godrays and sword handle are obviously bugs since removing a sword handle would not be a worthy optimization, and there are god rays elsewhere in the game. The only thing I did notice on PS3 that wasn't as good as on 360 was the SSAO which is present in cinematics, there is an outline around it.

Other than that it's the same thing. It's not sharper on 360. Also I disagree with that lensofthruth article on FPS. It doesn't run at a constant 30, it often dropped below, but not too much.

u mad

Why are you so defensive?

It's not the same. Self shadowing in the PS3 version is weaker.

241sghu.png

2nlco7a.jpg

styl3s

Like a dumbass i went out and dropped 100$ on the collectors edition even though i don't have 100$ to spend and i didn't care for the dumb jack in the box :lol

damn my OCD towards CE/LE things like movies/games.. I CANT HAVE NORMAL EDITIONS ON MY SHELF :lol

although.. i could just put the normal editions on my other shelf like i do with the normal cases.. i have problems.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
DancingJesus said:
u mad

Why are you so defensive?

It's not the same. Self shadowing in the PS3 version is weaker.

241sghu.png

2nlco7a.jpg

How is it "weaker"? How can selfshadow be "weaker"? It's a difference of contrast, there is nothing else here. We see this all the time.

jett

D-Member
Ether_Snake said:

yes it is

2XMSAA = good IQ
QAA = blurtastic IQ

Ether_Snake said:
How is it "weaker"? How can selfshadow be "weaker"? It's a difference of contrast, there is nothing else here. We see this all the time.

What? You really don't understand what self shadowing is. It's a lighting effect that isn't prominent in the PS3 version, it isn't as simple as adjusting the contrast.

*Facepalm*

styl3s

Ether_Snake said:
I am sorry but you can clearly see the difference between the 2 and it has nothing to do with contrast :lol

get some glasses.

Top Bottom