• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

macfoshizzle said:
i played over the weekend and it takes off right after the end of AC2.

i'm really liking it. i mean, if you liked ac2, then it's pretty much the same. rome is HUGE! there's new animations and stuff in the fighting mechanics. for example, when ezio does a counter move, he would finish it with a gun to the head. it's pretty sick. you can tell your guys to do assassins.

also love the virtual trainer.

mp servers are not active yet so didn't get to try mp yet.
Can not wait!

jett

D-Member
Darknessbear said:
I'm hiding from all the discussions - but has there been any word yet on which version is better? I saw that LensofTruth graphic comparison with the 360 having the slight edge. But I really would like to know performance wise. AC2 (at least for me) on PS3 was terrible with lag and screen tearing. I don't want to deal with that again.

360 is version is better, but both have a locked framerate this time, and they both tear about the same amount.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
360 version is not better, they are both the same. People are really splitting hair here.

bdouble

jett said:
360 is version is better, but both have a locked framerate this time, and they both tear about the same amount.
Ehh I don't think there was anything "better". Just they both use different AA techniques which makes the PS3 one a bit blurry.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
jett said:
2XMSAA > blurry piece of shit quincunx AA

Bullshit, no one can tell the fucking difference if they are playing the games on two TVs next to one another, so your "better" argument is ridiculous.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ether_Snake said:
Bullshit, no one can tell the fucking difference if they are playing the games on two TVs next to one another, so your "better" argument is ridiculous.

Some of us can. Still, it doesn't matter enough to me. 360 copy sent!

S1kkZ

Ether_Snake said:
why should we believe you again?. judging by the lot pics, 360 version has sharper textures and shadow effects.

jett

D-Member
QAA is garbage and if you can't tell the difference you should wash out your eyes.

Also, the PS3 is missing some effects

ps3-rollover_slide_04.jpg

xbox-360-rollover_slide_04.jpg

burgerdog

Ether_Snake said:
I've played RE5 on 360 next to the ps3 version and there is a difference between 2xaa and awful QAA.

jett

D-Member
Look at the apparent difference in texture quality:

ps3-rollover_slide_07.jpg

xbox-360-rollover_slide_07.jpg

That's actually caused by QAA, which smears the entire image.

I have both PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. Is the exclusive PS3 content worth getting it for PS3 or not? I like me, you had the choice to choose from any of these what one would you choose and why. At the moment I'm thinking PS3 because of the exclusive content which I have no idea what is.

jett

D-Member
Hey Ether_Snake, tell your friends at Ubisoft to freaking implement MLAA into ACB. :p

ashbash159 said:
I have both PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. Is the exclusive PS3 content worth getting it for PS3 or not? I like me, you had the choice to choose from any of these what one would you choose and why. At the moment I'm thinking PS3 because of the exclusive content which I have no idea what is.

PC version is delayed until further notice. I only have a PS3 but I'd go with the 360 version for the superior image quality. If the "exclusive" content is anything like the DLC for AC2 it's probably an afterthought at best.

xbox-360-rollover_slide_05.jpg
ps3-rollover_slide_05.jpg

it's pretty clear the xbox version looks better. glad to hear the framerate is on par.

edit: whoops jett you were faster than me :D

Phenomic

Well Project Legacy just got a major content push, you can link UPlay with Facebook, Rome Pack is available for those who have Brotherhood *Edit* Had clicked the wrong thing to access Rome, it's available for all players. PVP Is now active. Tons of new events etc.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Phenomic said:
Well Project Legacy just got a major content push, you can link UPlay with Facebook, Rome Pack is available for those who have Brotherhood *Edit* Had clicked the wrong thing to access Rome, it's available for all players. PVP Is now active. Tons of new events etc.

And the first person you investigate is a bisexual prostitute.

Nice.

DrBo42

I want to go home and play more MP. I got 1 hour of sleep since being awake and playing Sunday into Monday. I'm dying, but I want more. MORE.

rockmang15

Neo Member
Love to play with some fellow Gaffers, send me an invite if you need some more friends to play with! NEOGAF Brotherhood!

Xbox Live GamerTag: The Megabuck

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Can someone explain how the MP mechanics work, exactly? The idea of everyone having a blue radar on their screen pinpointing exactly where their target is doesn't make it seem worthwhile to hide in a bale of hay or blend in with the crowd, etc.

FrankT

Ether_Snake said:

No it's pretty much 100% fact for any game that uses that crap.

DrBo42

Domino Theory said:
Can someone explain how the MP mechanics work, exactly? The idea of everyone having a blue radar on their screen pinpointing exactly where their target is doesn't make it seem worthwhile to hide in a bale of hay or blend in with the crowd, etc.
It's not as exact as you think it is. When the compass is fully filled (meaning your target is extremely close) they can still be about 20 or so feet away. There's definitely room for error at the base. Start throwing in disguise abilities or morph, decoy, etc and it becomes increasingly difficult to figure out which is your true target.

Flipyap

Ether_Snake said:
Are you saying that no one can see the negative effects of using quincunx anti-aliasing (that would be a lie), or that something went horribly wrong with the 360 version and it's now an eye-straining blurry mess?

DrBo42 said:
It's not as exact as you think it is. When the compass is fully filled (meaning your target is extremely close) they can still be about 20 or so feet away. There's definitely room for error at the base. Start throwing in disguise abilities or morph, decoy, etc and it becomes increasingly difficult to figure out which is your true target.
Yea and when you jump into a bail of hay or hide with a crowd - your detection radius is increased so the blue compass will fill up further away.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Amazon seems to have fucked up my order. When it was shipping soon it said i would get it tomorrow. Now it says shipped, and delivery estimate is the 17th. Also, if i try to track it, it says it was delivered to another location on November 3rd. They mismatched the tracking or something.

Weird, never had this happen before.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
~Kinggi~ said:
Amazon seems to have fucked up my order. When it was shipping soon it said i would get it tomorrow. Now it says shipped, and delivery estimate is the 17th. Also, if i try to track it, it says it was delivered to another location on November 3rd. They mismatched the tracking or something.

It can be normal. They ship their stuff to some other place and then it gets picked up with other items and shipped to you.

Phenomic

~Kinggi~ said:

Yeah I wouldn't give it much thought, especially if it's UPS I've had my packages seemly fall off the face of the earth. It would get scanned into like Rhode Island or something random, then not get scanned in at all one day and then have it just show up at my door.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
fernoca said:
How do you link Uplay with Project Legacy? Can't find the option. :(
IIRC, in the Home menu click on either the Training or Contract option on the bottom left.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
DancingJesus said:
Wah? :/

Ubisoft worried?
I think they did the same with AC2, so I doubt it. Plus early impressions are good.

Phenomic

So is the only way at least right now to get the Harlequin from Preordering at Gamestop? I mean I'm not buying my copy there so I guess everyone who doesn't is just out of luck until they decide to maybe let you download it at some point in time?

Has Ubisoft said anything about this yet?

Been playing the game all day. Really enjoying multiplayer. Up to Level 16 already. :lol
Can't wait til the fresh meat arrives at 12 EST. :D

Revolutionary said:
Been playing the game all day. Really enjoying multiplayer. Up to Level 16 already. :lol
Can't wait til the fresh meat arrives at 12 EST. :D

Do you level up quickly?

Also whats the max level in multiplayer? Anyone know?

Phenomic

xKilltheMx said:
farnsworth.jpg

Good News everyone!
This will be 40 Bucks at Kmart on Thanksgiving day.
Check CheapAssGamer for confirmation.
Code:

I take it Josh confirmed it then? Cool stuff, shame I've got a 20$ coupon to use on it making it 40$ tomorrow. Plus I get the coupon right back if you buy it this week.

Phenomic said:
I take it Josh confirmed it then? Cool stuff, shame I've got a 20$ coupon to use on it making it 40$ tomorrow. Plus I get the coupon right back if you buy it this week.

Yeah he's in the middle of putting up everything as we speak, I think. But check the first page of the Kmart Gamer thread for all the info.

ElyrionX

Wait. What are these SP and MP maps in the collectors editions? What are SP maps in the first place? And how does having MP maps be exclusive to CEs even work? Wouldn't that split the MP base right from the start?

ElyrionX said:
Wait. What are these SP and MP maps in the collectors editions? What are SP maps in the first place? And how does having MP maps be exclusive to CEs even work? Wouldn't that split the MP base right from the start?
The extra Single-Player maps are most likely similar in concept to the Templar Lairs bonus for ACII's collector editions: A platforming challenge with a (cash reward) Treasure chest at the end.

Top Bottom