• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

Xellos

Don't really see the big deal here. If the biggest differences are the anti-aliasing and some missing rays of light and a sword handle then it's already a huge improvement over the previous PS3 Assassin's Creed ports. Most PS3 ports wish they were as close to their 360 counterparts as this seems to be.

Sanic

Do I have a defective disc? Loading in multiplayer is rather long (over a minute just to return to the menu after a match) and twice now the game has failed to load (stuck at a loading screen for over 4 minutes before turning the xbox off)

mjc

Man I really dig that Drachen armor that Amazon has...but the codes are fetching $20+ on eBay. Way too much :lol

The differences are there, but they're less prominent than in AC or AC2
I played both on the ps3, I vastly prefer the controller for trigger and bumper heavy games.
Also my friendslist is five times bigger on the ps3.

DrBo42

mjc said:
Man I really dig that Drachen armor that Amazon has...but the codes are fetching $20+ on eBay. Way too much :lol
Sadly it makes your costume black and red rather than the advertised color. :(

Dennis

Banned
Reviews from Gamereactor

Gamesreactor.dk: 9/10 - Denmark

Gamesreactor.de: 9/10 - Germany

Yes, they are different reviewers

NHale

I was starting to get worried after I decided to buy the game. I liked ACII a lot and the MP beta was fun (however I don't see it having a lasting appeal) but now I'm relieved to see that the general opinion is very positive.

Gah. I was going to give this a miss due to Ubisoft's irritating exclusive DLC policies, but all these glowing reviews are making me want it. :p

NHale said:
I was starting to get worried after I decided to buy the game. I liked ACII a lot and the MP beta was fun (however I don't see it having a lasting appeal) but now I'm relieved to see that the general opinion is very positive.
The gametrailer review keeps saying how lackluster the MP is.

I don't really want to buy this for the SP though, is it still worth it ?

kotaku review nails it for me on what i think it is. although i miss the progression of ezio, recruiting assassin's and having them do your deeds is so fucking cool! probably the best feature of brotherhood. it's like having your own ninja clan! i wish they make the next assassin's creed in feudal japan era with freaking ninjas.

the fighting mechanic like i said before improved. chaining kills one guard after another is so sick! non of that tedious waiting around to get them with a counter anymore.

plus they added a sick multiplayer. i'm still trying to figure out if you can kill your pursuer or counter him if you detect him coming. can't wait to unlock team matches.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
dwebo said:
Nice review. I thought you said in the other thread you were going to rewrite the conclusion!
Yeah well, we still don't know for sure if it's not just going to be a 3DS game or whatever, so...
ezekial45 said:
Nice. Just a quick question, if you don't mind.

Regarding the Pieces of Eden puzzles in this game:
Does it have another fragmented video? Or is it something else entirely.
It's in video form again, but this time you simply don't see anything since it's all garbled

Got both this and NFS:HP coming in today. According these reviews, both of these represent some of the best games to come out this year. VERY GLAD Ive got plans non-stop until next Sunday. : (

hamchan

Omg I am so hyped to play this now. With all these review score it looks like Assassin's Creed is delivering again. From initially writing this game off for being a clear cash grab to this, what a turn around from my perspective.
AC2 was no2 on my GOTY list last year, I would be so happy if this game is just as awesome.

ACE 1991

God dammit, I'm a piss poor college student who just drained his bank account for a new HDTV... I need this in my life, but alas...

macfoshizzle said:
kotaku review nails it for me on what i think it is.

Won't lie seeing this "The game that comes to mind while playing Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, is Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Not since Rockstar's potent crime drama has a game so massive, so polished, so impressively improved from its predecessor been released just a year after the prior installment."

Gets me excited.

Top Bottom