• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

-viper-

Banned
These reviews are significantly better than I expected yet none of the gameplay videos look as interesting as ACII.

What is the length of the game?

Ranger X

-viper- said:
These reviews are significantly better than I expected yet none of the gameplay videos look as interesting as ACII.

Longer than AC2 it seems. (if you do all the extra stuff --- that is supposedly better extra stuff than AC2 to begin with)

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
LabouredSubterfuge said:
Oh fucking hell, I can't afford this too can I?

Can someone who has played the game explain to me how the combat mechanics have improved?

afford? Where do you live?

best buy is giving away $30 gift cards with purchase

Blimblim

The Inside Track
-viper- said:

I finished the game with an ingame counter at 16 hours, yet I have 22 hours of video. I still had *many* sidequests to do, plus the flags, treasures and stuff.
It's a very long game, and considering the fights are usually shorter than before, it's impressive.

DangerStepp

-viper- said:

I read at the stiq of Joy that it's a bit shorter than AC2.

ACE 1991

Hmm... The one thing that gives me a little bit of worry from reading reviews is the story. It was one of my favorite things about ACII, but I guess if they still managed to nail the atmosphere along with the world, if taken as a character in itself, then I'll have to bite.

Seda

Rebel Leader said:
afford? Where do you live?

best buy is giving away $30 gift cards with purchase

Best Buy's Deal is buy AC:B and another select game (Reach, MoH, Fable III, Dead Rising 2, few others) and get a 30$ GC.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Seda said:
Best Buy's Deal is buy AC:B and another select game (Reach, MoH, Fable III, Dead Rising 2, few others) and get a 30$ GC.

My ad must be a misprint because instead of "and" there's "or"

Ranger X

ACE 1991 said:
Hmm... The one thing that gives me a little bit of worry from reading reviews is the story. It was one of my favorite things about ACII, but I guess if they still managed to nail the atmosphere along with the world, if taken as a character in itself, then I'll have to bite.

I am not far in the game (third sequence) and I have been in Rome. So far so good, the world seems to be HUGE, immersive and might end up better than AC2 in atmosphere. That's the impression I have so far and did like AC2.

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Oh fucking hell, I can't afford this too can I?

Can someone who has played the game explain to me how the combat mechanics have improved?

improved a lot from AC2. most notable change i like is you no longer have to wait around to do counters to kill a guard, making it so tedious to finish a group of them. you can now chain up kills similar to batman AA which looks so sick! you no longer have to choose gun from the menu anymore. just hold down x while your in combat. sometimes ezio will finish a kill with a gun shot to the head which also looks sick!

another thing i liked is you no longer have to keep button smash to get a hit on someone. you can now kick them in balls to get their guard down

hamchan

If they can provide meaningful improvements like they seem to have done with this game every year then I say bring it on Ubisoft, I will buy your yearly franchise.

For those that have played, is the Rome setting as engaging as the cities in AC2?

Florence, Venice, and San Gimignano etc were so architecturally rich and varied. Exploring the cities was by far my favorite part of the game.

Rome, I find a bit blander IRL, is this the case in the game?

macfoshizzle said:
improved a lot from AC2. most notable change i like is you no longer have to wait around to do counters to kill a guard, making it so tedious to finish a group of them. you can now chain up kills similar to batman AA which looks so sick! you no longer have to choose gun from the menu anymore. just hold down x while your in combat. sometimes ezio will finish a kill with a gun shot to the head which also looks sick!

another thing i liked is you no longer have to keep button smash to get a hit on someone. you can now kick them in balls to get their guard down

Ah thank you. It's dangerous that you mention Batman:AA as that is my favourite fighting game. Shit! I really might have to get this. Damn you Capcom!!

Seda

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Ah thank you. It's dangerous that you mention Batman:AA as that is my favourite fighting game. Shit! I really might have to get this. Damn you Capcom!!

Ubisoft

D23

i cant wait to get this and nfs: hotpursuit!!

for the first time in a long time, im not playing a shooter game this fall

Mr. Sam

Ranger X said:
I am not far in the game (third sequence) and I have been in Rome. So far so good, the world seems to be HUGE, immersive and might end up better than AC2 in atmosphere. That's the impression I have so far and did like AC2.

Hmm.

SOLD.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
captscience said:
For those that have played, is the Rome setting as engaging as the cities in AC2?

Florence, Venice, and San Gimignano etc were so architecturally rich and varied. Exploring the cities was by far my favorite part of the game.

Rome, I find a bit blander IRL, is this the case in the game?
Rome is much more engaging than any other AC city imho, because it's not a flat city. There are fortresses on top of hills and stuff like that, that make for some very interesting strategies.
It's also beautiful, not that the other cities before weren't, but damn some parts of the city are a sight to behold.

ultron87

I wonder how close Rome is to the real thing. Obviously the sites are there, but I wonder how the geography checks out.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
ultron87 said:
I wonder how close Rome is to the real thing. Obviously the sites are there, but I wonder how the geography checks out.
I doubt it, if Venice from AC2 is any good reference it wasn't really close to the real thing. They put the landmarks mostly where they are supposed to be, but everything in between was more or less made up.

Mr. Sam

ultron87 said:

I don't think it's exactly The Getaway. Just as long as there's some cool landmarks and it's designed well enough for some crazy parkour, I don't think the geography really matters.

S1kkZ

Blimblim said:
I doubt it, if Venice from AC2 is any good reference it wasn't really close to the real thing. They put the landmarks mostly where they are supposed to be, but everything in between was more or less made up.
have they improved the pop-ups/lod issues from ac2? i hated that the shadows had 5 or 6 different detail forms, which drawed-in the closer you got.

Ellis Kim

Banned
Hey blimblim, could you make some footage of the Raiden skin in play? Maybe even cutscenes as well if the game allows? I'd really love to see that.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Ellis Kim said:
Hey blimblim, could you make some footage of the Raiden skin in play? Maybe even cutscenes as well if the game allows? I'd really love to see that.
I don't have it unlocked, so no ;)
As for the LOD, I don't think it's much changed from AC2. That's what we have to live with until we get consoles with more than 512 MB RAM :/

man, now that I know that this game's single player campaign is not and afterthought this game is officially number 1 in my list, might have to get it after work today.

quick question: Is the multiplayer any good? and are you able to use the
Raiden skin
in it?

mr_boo said:
How is the MP? This is essentially the deal breaker for me.

If the beta was anything to go on, it is a fresh experience in the MP realm on consoles. When players in a match really understand how to play, it creates such a feeling of tension that other MP games just cannot match.

Klocker

MP question please...

is there matchmaking system that auto-starts games?

not a lame lobby system controlled by a dictator who needs to take a piss and let the dog out before the game can start? ;)

Hari Seldon

I'm starting to think that I should have gotten this on the 360. I didn't care about the multiplayer since I thought it was going to be generic rockstar style crap, but this sounds really damn fun.

dexterslu

The positive single player comments are pushing me to pick this up, like most I absolutely hated the first AC but the second eventually won me over and by the end I wanted more immediately. I could really careless about the multiplayer, so if it's broken I could really care less..

What websites do you read that you trust for reviews? I don't really read reviews but would like to read one for this game and from a respectable website approved by you guys.

mr_boo

piratepwnsninja said:
If the beta was anything to go on, it is a fresh experience in the MP realm on consoles. When players in a match really understand how to play, it creates such a feeling of tension that other MP games just cannot match.
Thanks for the reply. This is making me leans towards purchase now...but I'd like to solicit more opinions if possible. Thanks in advance.

ashbash159 said:
What websites do you read that you trust for reviews? I don't really read reviews but would like to read one for this game and from a respectable website approved by you guys.

I like eurogamer myself, and im blown away they gave it the score they have. Hype plus 10, hope my copy lands tomorrow i doubt it but its in the post.:D

ACE 1991

Ranger X said:

Awesome, thanks. From what I gather the writing is good as are the characters, which is good enough for me. Now to find $60....

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Beaulieu said:
eurogamer gave this a 10.
Arent they usually very severe reviewers ?
They are a lot like Edge (they share quite a few writers, afaik), so they can be quite strict, and sometimes go crazy for no good reason. Overall I trust their scoring quite a bit.

Wow... great to see such awesome reviews. Looking so forward to this game, probably it's my most anticipated one this year. Hopefully the people at EB call me today so I can go pick it up.

Top Bottom