• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

dreamfall

As far as install goes (360 version), I definitely did- I'm not really sure how the loading times are affected (I'd assume they are quicker) but it is definitely running well. I was worried about maybe some texture pop-in, but so far so good!

This game is really taking me by surprise- three hours into single player, and it's 4am!

dwebo

It's a bit disappointing that the bulk of Rome renovation is just restoring stores that would've already been there in AC2, ie. pointless filler. At least the absurd rates of return are back. :lol

DrBo42

dwebo said:
It's a bit disappointing that the bulk of Rome renovation is just restoring stores that would've already been there in AC2, ie. pointless filler. At least the absurd rates of return are back. :lol
Yeah I was really hoping that you could unrealistically return the landmarks to their former glory. Would have been amazing, but I can't fault them especially with their great attempts for historical accuracy (or at least as close as possible).

El-Suave

Got my Codex Edition today - the chest is much nicer than the crappy Pandora's box from the God of War 3 Ultimate Edition. The Codex book is very nice, too. It looks kind of authentic - Ubisoft did well with this one in my opinion.

My one complaint is that the Lineage movie is just on DVD, with the PS3 version of the game it really should have been a Blu Ray movie.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Game is pretty awesome and the multiplayer part is awesome too.

Unfortunately, argh, I hate multiplayer only trophies (I want to platinum this game).

LCfiner

The videos and the brotherhood antics have convinced me. I'm picking up this game tonight after work. gonna put in as many hours as i can this weekend before GT5 consumes me next week :)

Prine

Banned
My purchase depends on how they tweaked the combat. Are you still in god mode like AC2? The assassinations in AC2 were boring because their was little challenge, the main reason i stopped playing half way through.

Or is it a return to AC1? 2/3 strikes and you die. If its the later i'll go and buy it tonight.

zugzug

Prine said:
My purchase depends on how they tweaked the combat. Are you still in god mode like AC2? The assassinations in AC2 were boring because their was little challenge, the main reason i stopped playing half way through.

Or is it a return to AC1? 2/3 strikes and you die. If its the later i'll go and buy it tonight.

From watching someone else play on Justin TV clearly you are damn near invincible. Dood was never using any medicine to heal, he read around it seemed for 40mins with 2 boxes of health lost and didn't even seem to care or notice.

Darklord

Banned
Do I need to know stuff about the first 2 games to know what's going on here or is it a separate story?

Edit: Oh. I just saw on the Giantbomb quick look that if you haven't played AC2 then you probably won't get what's going on, Bummer. :\

Jb

Darklord said:
Do I need to know stuff about the first 2 games to know what's going on here or is it a separate story?

Edit: Oh. I just saw on the Giantbomb quick look that if you haven't played AC2 then you probably won't get what's going on, Bummer. :\
Honestly if you just read up on them on wikipedia you should be fine.

Prine said:

From the first few hours of the game it seems even easier than 2.
Darklord said:

You will probably miss out on a lot if you didn't play 2. Because it seems like they are bringing back all the characters from 2. If assassins creed 2 was a direct sequel 1, this game is like an expansion pack to 2.

conman

I just put in my first four hours (I only meant to check out the opening movie). So far, I'm deeply impressed. It's incredibly beautiful, too. And I can see why The Sands of Time is getting released at the same time.

And, man, I'm stunned at how much this picks up where AC2 left off--control mechanics and all. Definitely hit the ground running. :D

aesop

Darknessbear said:
Was there any white glow on the top half of the screen for anyone else? At the beginning of starting in Rome. It's driving me nutso!
Yup. Seems to only be terrible during the day and goes away when you're inside a building. It's really distracting, though.

lantus

I got to play to the end of the 2nd memory sequence last night, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. What I'm not liking is the performance on PS3, it seems even worse than ACII in terms of performance. Hopefully they get their act together for next years game.

Bought this last night. I was walking down the street listening to the Bombcast, and after hearing Ryan talk about it I found myself stopping into a Toys R Us and picking it up. I realized I was in the mood for more Italian.

fernoca

DEskofier said:
Did anyone see the "sex scene"? :D I think they should maybe get an education on how to do it properly. Pro Tip: get naked.

http://n4g.com/news/647991/assassins-creed-brotherhood-sex-scene-unveiled
Last time there was a video that did it (Mass Effect), implying nudity on top of female-female even alien relationships; there was a whole debacle even on on the news. Which caused Mass Effect 2 to also have sex scenes with characters wearing clothes. So, they are just covering their bases if anything.

Basically, sex is allright in videogames as long as it's wearing clothes, because if there's nudity during said scene; the children are going to see it and try to do it and probably turn gay or lesbian too. :p

Just see the whole debacle that caused "the blue penis" in Watchmen; because parents took their children to "a superheroes movie", completely ignoring that said movie was rated R.

That said, nudity is implied, after they had sex; but not during the whole sequence.

DEskofier

Neo Member
fernoca said:
the children are going to see it and try to do it and probably turn gay or lesbian too. :p

:D True! I, for once, turned alien after watching the ME sex scene. And I can only recommend outing to the other Gafers :D

rataven

I'm not really any good, but the multiplayer in this game is definitely a fun time. And if that isn't my gaming surprise of the year, can't wait to see what is!

ultron87

So you can only stun a pursuer who is "revealed"?

So is there nothing you can do to stop someone who gets up to you but is still incognito besides trying to run before they hit X (unless you have smoke bomb or something similar equipped)?

CrankyJay

Banned
ULTROS! said:
Game is pretty awesome and the multiplayer part is awesome too.

Unfortunately, argh, I hate multiplayer only trophies (I want to platinum this game).

Sometimes you can platinum the games without doing the online stuff, you just won't have 100% trophies. Have you confirmed you need to do the online stuff in order to get one?

Triz

I was getting stuttering on the PS3 version last night. game would hang for like a second then continue at random times. (hope its not a console problem) Still loving it though.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Avyrocky said:
Is the PC version going to need a stable internet connection like AC2?
I don't think they've officially said anything about it but the boxart in the OP says internet connection required.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
JetBlackPanda said:
i have never played an assassins creed game, can I just pick this up and go? or will I be completely lost?

Buy AC2, one of the best games from last year. You could probably get AC:B and be OK with just reading the wiki but why bother when you could play an awesome game that you can get pretty cheap?

NinjaFridge said:
Buy AC2, one of the best games from last year. You could probably get AC:B and be OK with just reading the wiki but why bother when you could play an awesome game that you can get pretty cheap?

thanks for the advice, should I even bother with AC1? or can it all be picked up in the second? thanks for the info man.

Wrekt

AC1 and 2 are both under $20 right now on Amazon.com. Just go pick them up if you are curious about the story at all.

JetBlackPanda said:
thanks for the advice, should I even bother with AC1? or can it all be picked up in the second? thanks for the info man.

Only if you really really want to. I picked up AC1 after AC2, even after my friend told me how bad AC1 was. That's how much I loved AC2.

And he was right. I liked the setting a lot more, but the game play wasn't quite tweeked yet, and they didn't get enough mission ideas. Great potential that wasn't realized until AC2.

I found no problems doing it that way myself, but that's just me.

Sai

After taking an extra day to finish up my last playthrough of AC2, I finally started Brotherhood earlier this morning, up to the beginning of Sequence 2.

The refinements really stick out, especially since I jumped into it right after wrapping up AC2. From the in-game graphics, the UI, the combat--I'm lovin' what I've seen thus far.

Oh, and
being able to log out of the Animus anytime again to walk(and free-run now!) around with Desmond... Huge plus!

MjFrancis

ultron87 said:
So you can only stun a pursuer who is "revealed"?

So is there nothing you can do to stop someone who gets up to you but is still incognito besides trying to run before they hit X (unless you have smoke bomb or something similar equipped)?
That's what it sounds like. Makes sense to me, since some of my best deaths have been from a character running into me with a group of civilians. Ridiculously stealthy bastards out there! :lol

So far, a smoke bomb is the only counter I can see for a pursuer who isn't draining their detection meter. Usually you'll see a lone individual walk towards you outside of a crowd, or jerk one way or another slightly, so they'll give themselves away. Even then, I've never gotten a 'stun' button prompt after dropping a smoke, and so the only thing you can do is drop it and run the other way. Drop it too late and you're still dead.

So far with my MP progression, a smoke bomb is the only counter to an incognito assassin who's right on you. I have noticed that mingling with identical character models will degrade the accuracy of the detection meter, though. Still need to experiment with that to see if it's a viable alternative to dropping a smoke and running away. I know it's been used on me successfully a few times, but even then there's usually no more than three possible targets. Those odds still aren't great for survival, and you're giving your purser great points by sticking around.

dwebo

DEskofier said:
Did anyone see the "sex scene"? :D I think they should maybe get an education on how to do it properly. Pro Tip: get naked.

http://n4g.com/news/647991/assassins-creed-brotherhood-sex-scene-unveiled
Crotchless panties. :lol
More seriously, though, haven't played many games lately, eh?

CrankyJay said:
Sometimes you can platinum the games without doing the online stuff, you just won't have 100% trophies. Have you confirmed you need to do the online stuff in order to get one?
Really, I thought that was just for trophies they add for DLC? There are a good few multiplayer trophies here, so I doubt that's the case.

CrankyJay said:

You must do all the trophies in the orginal list to get the platinum including online multiplayer trophies, the only trophies that have no bearing on the platinum are DLC content trophies.

Top Bottom