• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

TripOpt55

Just finished the second DNA sequence. Really enjoying it now. The first tomb thing was really cool. Also, I get distracted a lot when going to missions. Especially if I see the little eye icon on a building I'm passing.

LogicStep

Do I have to play the previous games to enjoy this one and understand everything? I already know what happens in the other games and maybe reading the plot on wikipedia would be enough? I just couldn't get into the first games but this one looks much better...

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
deathsight580 said:
Do I have to play the previous games to enjoy this one and understand everything? I already know what happens in the other games and maybe reading the plot on wikipedia would be enough? I just couldn't get into the first games but this one looks much better...

If you didn't like AC2 you won't like this. "Much better" it's not. More of the same it is.

dwebo

Pimpbaa said:
The PS3 version has framerate and tearing issues, not lag or stuttering issues.
Eh, there's a good deal of stuttering in Rome if you're either riding a horse faster than a trot or running away from anything more than a handful of guards. Maybe I'm just remembering AC2 with rose-tinted glasses, but when AC:B dips, it dips noticeably worse imo.

I'm still enjoying it though, outside of the subject puzzles. I got tired of those by cluster two. :lol

Victrix

*beard*
I'm hugely confused. I loaded up the game, started playing, joined an XBL party, it booted me to a multiplayer game, now every time I start up, I'm at the multiplayer menu.

What the hell happened to the SP game? :lol

Had a bit of a browse but couldnt find enough mention of it.

I need help deciding on platform to get this on 360 or PC

main factors i care about are
-Multiplayer community, in the long term too not just the 1st few weeks
-How the game controls etc, can always get a controller for PC but if keyboard mouse is bad id love to know

Thanks for the tips guys.

I really want this game, but ive spent a little too much on games lately and want to reign that in, considering this is a little bit of a smaller game than something like CoD or Halo whats the online population like? I feel like if I dont get the game now I might potentially miss out. :S

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Grady Durden said:
So why can't I work the hidden gun in MP? I'm within striking distance and it does the aiming procedure but never fires?? Help me, AssBro-GAF!
Are you pressing the fire button? Don't, just hold the trigger and let go when you're ready. Also make sure you stand still, moving will cancel the gun.

Mejilan said:
Hey, what's with there being ACB-specific UPlay rewards that add up to more UPlay points that can possibly be earned in-game? My other UPlay games allowed me to eventually purchase everything, if I hit all of the objectives. :/
My guess is this is their way of promoting Project Legacy, it has the final 40 needed to unlock everything in Brotherhood.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6701054098/p/1

I think I've put over 15 hours into this already since yesterday. I don't think I'm even close to the end but I've done a ton of side stuff. Game just gets better.

Anyone else go into a match on MP WITH friends in the XBL party and end up in a completely different game then them? It's bad enough it takes forever to join if you have three ppl together.

Ubisoft fix this shit.

MjFrancis

It takes forever to join anyways. I've been in a lobby with 6/6 to 8/8 players for five minutes. I'm starting to wonder if the servers are down.

REV 09

MjFrancis said:
It takes forever to join anyways. I've been in a lobby with 6/6 to 8/8 players for five minutes. I'm starting to wonder if the servers are down.
This. The matchmaking is abysmal. I'm not very impressed with the multi so far.

ElyrionX

Multiplayer was fun for like 2 hours but it feels more like a novelty than anything else. There's too much luck involved and the lack of defenses against obvious enemies can be frustrating. Have only tried Wanted and Alliance thus far.

Alliance Mode was the last mode I hadn't played... boy what a stinker. It's a good idea on paper but in execution it's just a fucking mess. People are doing parkour all over the place and not trying to be discreet at all... and still getting massive killstreak bonuses. Not fun for those of us who actually try to play the game somewhat incognito.

Manhunt it is!

Sooo, I now have the 360 and PS3 version. Bought the PS3 version and rented 360 - same as last year with AC2... I'll see if there are any differences. So far, not too many - the 360 installed seems to load a little faster and the contrast is much richer (even with TV adjustments to the PS3 version). Screen tearing seems to be about the same but popin seems a little worst on 360 (just from observation).

Once I get to rome I'll be able to tell the real differences.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Okay I have to know, does this story continue and have the same kind of bat shit insane ending as ACII? If it does, then I'm all in. Literally, the crazy ass story was the sole reason I played through ACII, and once I started to read everyone flipping out and going nuts over the ending of the game - that's when I was sold.

So I want to hear someone talk about the ending (I know the game is still too new) before I commit to this game.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Adam Prime said:
Okay I have to know, does this story continue and have the same kind of bat shit insane ending as ACII? If it does, then I'm all in. Literally, the crazy ass story was the sole reason I played through ACII, and once I started to read everyone flipping out and going nuts over the ending of the game - that's when I was sold.

So I want to hear someone talk about the ending (I know the game is still too new) before I commit to this game.

I accidentally saw the ending being streamed on justin.tv. And yes it is as batshit insane as part deux(or at least the couple minutes I watched of it). The comments in the chat window were full of gasps and insanity as it unfolded.

Regardless, the mere amount of content poured onto this disc so far is reason enough to play as well. I especially approve of the 100% synchronization bonus objectives for each plot mission now. REALLY wish that sort of stuff was in AC1 and 2. Makes the main event missions a bit more lively and gripping for the OCD completists in us.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Brandon F said:
I accidentally saw the ending being streamed on justin.tv. And yes it is as batshit insane as part deux(or at least the couple minutes I watched of it). The comments in the chat window were full of gasps and insanity as it unfolded.

Regardless, the mere amount of content poured onto this disc so far is reason enough to play as well. I especially approve of the 100% synchronization bonus objectives for each plot mission now. REALLY wish that sort of stuff was in AC1 and 2. Makes the main event missions a bit more lively and gripping for the OCD completists in us.

That's good to know... I wonder though how much I actually enjoyed ACII game play or I was just playing to see the end of the story. I remembered that I did enjoy the game, I mean I played through it, but I also remember being bored and getting frustrated with some parts. I'm just trying to remember how much of the game play I actually enjoyed and how much of me playing it was just wanting to see the rest of the story and all the other crazy conspiracy junk

I only put an hour into the SP. So far it seems pretty underwhelming, manning the cannon is boring as fuck. But I know I'll end up loving it in the end.

As for Multiplayer.. the matchmaking is indeed awful, and for some reason EVERYONE picks the jesters who stand out like fucking sore thumbs. But other than that, Manhunt/Alliance gametypes are pretty incredible and a ton of fun.

DevelopmentArrested said:
I only put an hour into the SP. So far it seems pretty underwhelming, manning the cannon is boring as fuck. But I know I'll end up loving it in the end.

As for Multiplayer.. the matchmaking is indeed awful, and for some reason EVERYONE picks the jesters who stand out like fucking sore thumbs. But other than that, Manhunt/Alliance gametypes are pretty incredible and a ton of fun.

:lol I was thinking that when I put in the code that the jester is rather unique looking and that probably everyone else is using it on top of that. My plan was to use the most common looking skin. If I ever get to MP that is.

zero margin said:
:lol I was thinking that when I put in the code that the jester is rather unique looking and that probably everyone else is using it on top of that. My plan was to use the most common looking skin. If I ever get to MP that is.
well for the team based modes, one of your teammates randomly gets to pick the skin of the whole team.. and it's ALWAYS the fucking jester in the 10 matches i played. so yeah that gets old fast.

mjc

I played a round of Wanted in MP and it was pretty fun. It definitely gets tense during chases. I hope they expand upon their base with this and flesh out the modes in coming games.

jett

D-Member
Well I deleted my game data and reinstalled the game but I still have those fucking pauses. :| I guess I'm gonna have to see if it's the disc.

Revolutionary said:
Alliance Mode was the last mode I hadn't played... boy what a stinker. It's a good idea on paper but in execution it's just a fucking mess. People are doing parkour all over the place and not trying to be discreet at all... and still getting massive killstreak bonuses. Not fun for those of us who actually try to play the game somewhat incognito.

Manhunt it is!
i actualy agree. Alliance is just too hectic to be any fun. It's tough enough to kill a guy let alone when you're being chased.

But Manhunt is incredible. I wonder what Advanced FFA is like.

DevelopmentArrested said:
well for the team based modes, one of your teammates randomly gets to pick the skin of the whole team.. and it's ALWAYS the fucking jester in the 10 matches i played. so yeah that gets old fast.

That does sound bad. At least in my case I'm a lone wolf person. I don't have a wolfpack. :lol

For anyone not digging the MP, get your friends in on it- most fun I've had in quite some time. Communication is key in manhunt, I cannot stress that enough. Pugging a group is just out of the question since a lot of moron think it's a good idea to run around or try to steal your kill. Also on that note, people...just stop with the hidden gun- it's worthless.

PS we never use the harlequin, it sticks out way too much. We seem to have the most luck with the Priests. Maybe it's because he looks like a drugge out Agent 47? =P

Square Triangle said:
For anyone not digging the MP, get your friends in on it- most fun I've had in quite some time. Communication is key in manhunt, I cannot stress that enough. Pugging a group is just out of the question since a lot of moron think it's a good idea to run around or try to steal your kill. Also on that note, people...just stop with the hidden gun- it's worthless.

PS we Negev use the harlequin, it sticks out way too much. We seem to have the most luck with the Priests. Maybe it's because he looks like a drugge out Agent 47? =P
yup harlequin and jester suck as does the hidden gun. I thought the sprint was pretty worthless too. The Disguise is pretty nice. as are smoke bombs.

Revolutionary said:
Not if you have a nice killstreak bonus equipped. :D
That's with anything and even then the gun gives the lowest points, so still, it's worthless.

I prefer defensive over offensive slots/perks/etc. in games though.

Love the fact that you can mark on the map the feathers, flags, a treasures. Brillant idea, don't know why they didn't do it in previous games.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
How do you
activate the fourth lever in the "Locate the shrine in Romulus" tomb for the water to pour in
? I'm stuck there at the moment. :/

Sai-kun

Banned
Well that sucks. :lol

One of the Full Synch mission parameters is Don't Get Detected. And on the mission I'm on, I was doing fine until...

A guard spawned in front of me, spotted me, and was assassinated by me in the span of about a second and a half.

Full Synchronization Failed :lol

Damn you, Ubi. Damn you :lol

Sai

Domino Theory said:
How do you
activate the fourth lever in the "Locate the shrine in Romulus" tomb for the water to pour in
? I'm stuck there at the moment. :/
You can't reach it? Getting to the levers is pretty straight foward one you reach the first one.

Bought it on the ps3, caved in on the pressure from my friendslist.
Played a couple of mp matches yesterday.
WOW, best multiplayer experience I had ever.
The pace, the possibilities, the in your face, close-up fragging...

I like it a lot.
(So does my wife)

Haven't touches de sp yet.

kiun

Got the US limited edition. When I enter the bonus single player map code, it unlocks the Officer multiplayer skin. Curious if anyone else have the same experience ? I just want to make sure Ubi gave me the right code.

Sai

kiun said:
Got the US limited edition. When I enter the bonus single player map code, it unlocks the Officer multiplayer skin. Curious if anyone else have the same experience ? I just want to make sure Ubi gave me the right code.
Yeah, got it along with the two SP maps. Didn't think it was part of the US LE package, so either we missed the memo, or Ubisoft gave us a nice surprise.

kiun

Sai said:
Yeah, got it along with the two SP maps. Didn't think it was part of the US LE package, so either we missed the memo, or Ubisoft gave us a nice surprise.

cool, do you know how soon I can access the two SP maps in game ?

Sai-kun

Banned
This is really pissing me off. Full Synch Req: Don't lose any health.

Except I'm running somewhere and these super fast shoulder-bashing fucks keep bumping into me. Then I stumble, then they slice me once and I've gotta start over. Any tips? :/ this is lame

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
rockman zx said:
Love the fact that you can mark on the map the feathers, flags, a treasures. Brillant idea, don't know why they didn't do it in previous games.

I noticed that the game will mark feathers and flags if you use Eagle Vision and you're near them. Can you buy maps for the feathers and flags?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Sai-kun said:
This is really pissing me off. Full Synch Req: Don't lose any health.

Except I'm running somewhere and these super fast shoulder-bashing fucks keep bumping into me. Then I stumble, then they slice me once and I've gotta start over. Any tips? :/ this is lame

Stop worrying about achievements and play for fun?

Sai-kun

Banned
Sinatar said:
Stop worrying about achievements and play for fun?
Herp derp it's not about achievement. I already got the 100% on a sequence achievement. But it's a challenge that seems fun, so I'd like to do it.

Also I just beat the game.

WHAT OMG GIVE ME AC3. FUUUUCCCKKK

Edit: an hour later, my mind is still blown. Wow. I was seriously trying to think of a ton of crazy stuff while i was playing up to the end and see if I was right. I could not have called that ending :lol

Edit 2 SPOILERS FOR THE END OF THE GAME
Now that I'm unable to log out of the animus, can I no longer get the Dust to Dust achievement? :( also wow Lucy no :(

Top Bottom