• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

ultron87

MjFrancis said:
So far with my MP progression, a smoke bomb is the only counter to an incognito assassin who's right on you. I have noticed that mingling with identical character models will degrade the accuracy of the detection meter, though. Still need to experiment with that to see if it's a viable alternative to dropping a smoke and running away. I know it's been used on me successfully a few times, but even then there's usually no more than three possible targets. Those odds still aren't great for survival, and you're giving your purser great points by sticking around.

At least in the early levels the balance seems heavily weighted in favor of the pursuer.

It seems like once you get more than one person chasing you at a time it might be a better idea to just go high-profile on the roofs while chasing your current target. That way it is much more difficult for your pursuers to get big points off you and you can still get a quick aerial kill on your target if you get lucky.

That said, nothing is more enjoyable than watching a pursuer kill the AI character wearing your skin in the same crowd as you right after you use disguise.

Ranger X

fernoca said:
Last time there was a video that did it (Mass Effect), implying nudity on top of female-female even alien relationships; there was a whole debacle even on on the news. Which caused Mass Effect 2 to also have sex scenes with characters wearing clothes. So, they are just covering their bases if anything.

Basically, sex is allright in videogames as long as it's wearing clothes, because if there's nudity during said scene; the children are going to see it and try to do it and probably turn gay or lesbian too. :p

Just see the whole debacle that caused "the blue penis" in Watchmen; because parents took their children to "a superheroes movie", completely ignoring that said movie was rated R.

That said, nudity is implied, after they had sex; but not during the whole sequence.

What a sad world. That's all I have to say.

MjFrancis said:
That's what it sounds like. Makes sense to me, since some of my best deaths have been from a character running into me with a group of civilians. Ridiculously stealthy bastards out there! :lol

So far, a smoke bomb is the only counter I can see for a pursuer who isn't draining their detection meter. Usually you'll see a lone individual walk towards you outside of a crowd, or jerk one way or another slightly, so they'll give themselves away. Even then, I've never gotten a 'stun' button prompt after dropping a smoke, and so the only thing you can do is drop it and run the other way. Drop it too late and you're still dead.

So far with my MP progression, a smoke bomb is the only counter to an incognito assassin who's right on you. I have noticed that mingling with identical character models will degrade the accuracy of the detection meter, though. Still need to experiment with that to see if it's a viable alternative to dropping a smoke and running away. I know it's been used on me successfully a few times, but even then there's usually no more than three possible targets. Those odds still aren't great for survival, and you're giving your purser great points by sticking around.

Actually, the stun button will pop up even if the person is incognito. You just have to have them highlighted (not even locked, just with the white glow) and you'll see the button pop up over their head.

Smoke bombing pretty much guarantees a stun. I haven't ever missed a stun where I caught the hunter in a smoke bomb, so I dunno whats up with everyone else saying they can't stun smoked hunters. Just make sure your character is directly facing them at nearly point blank range and you'll see the stun button pop up.

Also, never rely on stun unless you know the hunter hasn't already got you singled out of the crowd. It loses to assassinate every time.

MjFrancis

So we've pinpointed my problem with the MP - I can't highlight a target very well! :lol

Any tips on this part, or will I get the hang of it once I play MP this evening? It seems like the targeting system was a pain in the ass, I wanted to switch with the d-pad but I have to use an analog stick instead or something like that. I know that's my problem - I haven't been able to accurately or consistently highlight an opponent thus far.

dwebo

The Coliseum is rendered beautifully and all, but hiding a
subject 16 puzzle
there? Goddammit, too many alcoves! :lol

MjFrancis said:
So we've pinpointed my problem with the MP - I can't highlight a target very well! :lol

Any tips on this part, or will I get the hang of it once I play MP this evening? It seems like the targeting system was a pain in the ass, I wanted to switch with the d-pad but I have to use an analog stick instead or something like that. I know that's my problem - I haven't been able to accurately or consistently highlight an opponent thus far.

It'll probably come with time. I didn't make any conscious note about highlighting a target; I've always been able to do it when I wanted to.

Locking on is another story. Holy fuck is that targeting system janky.

I think it was really great that the game left off where the last one ended.

Desmund part in the beginning was awesome! It reminded me of a little Uncharted and Enslaved

I did have some camera issues with the assassination
when you have to throw the guy in the scaffolding to 100% sync
but other than that I'm having a blast so far.

Wow I went back to AC1 just to see how much has changed and I was surprised that AC1 actually looks better the majority of the time. It also performs a bunch better, has little screen tearing and very little popin. What the heck happened?

Just go to Acre in AC1 and be amazed... illumanti behind this!?

Damn this game is fun as hell. Some little nitpick complaints but nothing major. Also wow fuck the
Leonardo
missions. Damn controls.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Darknessbear said:
Wow I went back to AC1 just to see how much has changed and I was surprised that AC1 actually looks better the majority of the time. It also performs a bunch better, has little screen tearing and very little popin. What the heck happened?

Just go to Acre in AC1 and be amazed... illumanti behind this!?

Smaller game locations. But the PS3 version went to shit right near the end when you have to fight Robert de Sable, like complete dogshit.

Jb

NinjaFridge said:
Smaller game locations. But the PS3 version went to shit right near the end when you have to fight Robert de Sable, like complete dogshit.
It was also terrible in Jerusalem in some very specific areas. Borderline unplayable at times.

Chrange said:
I'll send you the code in a PM
Thanks a bunch! Will make good use of it.

Jay-B said:
It was also terrible in Jerusalem in some very specific areas. Borderline unplayable at times.
NinjaFridge said:
Yea, I'm no way arguing the PS3 version was any better - it was complete crap. I'm viewing AC1 on the 360 and compared to AC2 performance/lighting wise it's far superior. But I'm well aware that AC2 is infinitely better in all other aspects. Just a shame performance took such a hit..

conman

JetBlackPanda said:
i have never played an assassins creed game, can I just pick this up and go? or will I be completely lost?
It isn't the story that will be confusing (it catches you up just fine), it's the controls. AC:B dumps you straight into the action and gives you a serious cram-session on how to move and fight. If I didn't already know all that stuff, I would have been pissed.

conman said:
It isn't the story that will be confusing (it catches you up just fine), it's the controls. AC:B dumps you straight into the action and gives you a serious cram-session on how to move and fight. If I didn't already know all that stuff, I would have been pissed.

thanks for the info, I picked up AC2 on my lunch break :D

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Darknessbear said:
Thanks a bunch! Will make good use of it.

Yea, I'm no way arguing the PS3 version was any better - it was complete crap. I'm viewing AC1 on the 360 and compared to AC2 performance/lighting wise it's far superior. But I'm well aware that AC2 is infinitely better in all other aspects. Just a shame performance took such a hit..

I agree. I wouldn't mind a AC game with smaller settings at a higher detail if it meant better performance.

Personally I'm in love with this game. In the final sequence of AC2, I really wished there was more to it. Here it is. And my god it is an incredibly imagined version of Roma. Being able to scale the god damn Colosseum? Yes please! False-pagan cults? Awesome! And my god, I LOVE the design of the Drachen armor. I only wish you could change the fabric colors, oh well. I suppose that's part of why I like the design, the colors. If I had one request for the next game it's the ability to have a more diverse selection of Assassin robes. Countless times I've wished for a shorter-lengthed set, seems like it would fit in more. They seem to be on a fine line between action/adventure and action-RPG, they might as well take the leap.

Dreavus

ultron87 said:
At least in the early levels the balance seems heavily weighted in favor of the pursuer.

It seems like once you get more than one person chasing you at a time it might be a better idea to just go high-profile on the roofs while chasing your current target. That way it is much more difficult for your pursuers to get big points off you and you can still get a quick aerial kill on your target if you get lucky.

That said, nothing is more enjoyable than watching a pursuer kill the AI character wearing your skin in the same crowd as you right after you use disguise.

If it's anything like the beta, finding a group of identical NPCs to hang with (or morph them if you've unlocked that ability) is still beneficial even with multiple people after you. If they kill the wrong guy then their contract gets canceled and you lose that pursuer for a while, even if you're still in 1st/2nd place. I don't know what they changed for retail though so it might not work like this anymore.

Sanic

I must say that multiplayer has become far more interesting as I, along with everyone else, level up and gain new abilities.

Team games are also much exciting than going about things solo.

jett

D-Member
Nobody else getting stuttering issues with the PS3 version? I get them mostly when I'm riding on horse whilst the game is auto-saving. Speaking of which the saving icon lingers on screen way longer than in AC2, dunno if that's normal.

Finally picking this up tonight after work, I don't think I can concentrate on work tonight with just thinking about playing this tonight :lol

Stupid Aussie release date.......

jett said:
Nobody else getting stuttering issues with the PS3 version? I get them mostly when I'm riding on horse whilst the game is auto-saving. Speaking of which the saving icon lingers on screen way longer than in AC2, dunno if that's normal.
Yea I do - the PS3 version is noticeably laggy. Really annoying...

Pandoracell said:
There already is one in the online forum.
Oh thanks

conman

Darknessbear said:
Yea I do - the PS3 version is noticeably laggy. Really annoying...
I expected as much by now. Despite promises to the contrary with the first two titles, the PS3 versions have had noticeable technical issues. Rather than deal with the hassle, I just went ahead and bought the 360 version out of the gate.

Phenomic

I've got a question regarding the end game spoilers and the very beginning of Brotherhood.

I could swear that Ezio killed Borgia at the end of Assassins two. Why does he explain in Brotherhood in the beginning that he spared his life? Did he actually let him live in two or did they retcon something terrible

dralla

I liked AC2 but it really dragged on. The missions got repetitive and started to bore me. Is it any better in this? Are the assassinations any better? They weren't very memorable in 2

LCfiner

got in a good four hours today after work. enjoying it a great deal but I need to open up the brotherhood assassin training asap since that’s the main gameplay mechanic that would make this feel like more than just AC 2.5

I think it’ll only be another hour or two before I got my posse jumping in from the heavens onto unsuspecting fools.

also, the tearing in this game is out of control. (360 version). I’m noticing it way more than I expected.

Phenomic said:
I've got a question regarding the end game spoilers and the very beginning of Brotherhood.

I could swear that Ezio killed Borgia at the end of Assassins two. Why does he explain in Brotherhood in the beginning that he spared his life? Did he actually let him live in two or did they retcon something terrible

It's not a retcon. Ezio let him live because he said killing Borgio would not bring back his family, and he was probably more interested in finding out the truth about the Apple. This bugged the shit out of me in AC2, but hopefully it'll be rectified in ACB. Plus, the ending of AC2 takes place in 1499 and the real Pope didn't die till 1503. Fingers crossed!

shwimpy

LCfiner said:
also, the tearing in this game is out of control. (360 version). I’m noticing it way more than I expected.

Same here... this is my first multiplat game on my newly purchased 360 too. =(

Oh well, great game nonetheless.

MjFrancis

narcosis219 said:
It'll probably come with time. I didn't make any conscious note about highlighting a target; I've always been able to do it when I wanted to.

Locking on is another story. Holy fuck is that targeting system janky.
Is there any way to highlight my target without moving my character? I'm still having trouble with this shit.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Hey, what's with there being ACB-specific UPlay rewards that add up to more UPlay points that can possibly be earned in-game? My other UPlay games allowed me to eventually purchase everything, if I hit all of the objectives. :/

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
The matchmaking is so awful :mad:

It's a shame too, the multiplayer is fucking awesome. Joining a party with a friend, and then realizing that the matchmaking has put you both in two entirely different games is a real disappointment. Not only that, but not being able to play manhunt with your party? Lame.

TimeLike

D23 said:
this game is too addicting!! i have to forced my self to stop playing
You aint kiddin, homey! My god this game is brilliant. I never finished AC2 because I got stuck in some cathedral doing a timed puzzle platforming section and gave up.

Training and leveling your assassins is a terrific meta game. I've got about five level 8's and some others of lower ranks. I think it's one of the most badass feelings in gaming right now when you target a guard or guards and call in your assassin hit squad. They are fucking brutal.

I just had surgery on my shoulder a couple weeks ago. So I've been home off work and this game has made my recovery a lot easier.

Top Bottom