• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

GcRayden

I'm on Sequence 5 or 6, can't remember, but I have a few questions:

1. Is there really anything to do as Desmond instead of just running around? Like any secrets to find before the ending or something?

2. Has anyone died as Desmond yet? I thought about jumping off the building and dying, but then thought again.

3. When does Ezio get the parachute?

Just some simple things I'd like to know.

Snapshot King said:
They're guaranteed against 2 diamond targets, anything above and they don't.
Actually that's not true at all. Sometimes they don't kill low level targets and sometimes they kill higher level ones.

GcRayden said:
I'm on Sequence 5 or 6, can't remember, but I have a few questions:

1. Is there really anything to do as Desmond instead of just running around? Like any secrets to find before the ending or something?

2. Has anyone died as Desmond yet? I thought about jumping off the building and dying, but then thought again.

3. When does Ezio get the parachute?

Just some simple things I'd like to know.

1. You can talk to your team and try and 5 five artifacts that don't seem to do anything.

2. Nope.

3. Beat all the Leonardo missions.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
just watched the GB QL for this game , for fuck sake Ubi , I thought this is multiplayer only and don't have Sp mode , and I avoided the game completely because of this miss marketing shit , so I almost missed the continuation of AC2 story ( one of my favorite games this gen ), the hell is wrong with Ubi ? (I know I should read more about the game , but fuck it I blame Ubi ).

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Totobeni said:
just watched the GB QL for this game , for fuck sake Ubi , I thought this is multiplayer only and don't have Sp mode , and I avoided the game completely because of this miss marketing shit , so I almost missed the continuation of AC2 story ( one of my favorite games this gen ), the hell is wrong with Ubi ? (I know I should read more about the game , but fuck it I blame Ubi ).
Um, have you literally not paid any attention to the trailers and media that the game released? What the bloody hell is wrong with you. It's entirely your fault.

Jangaroo said:
Um, have you literally not paid any attention to the trailers and media that the game released? What the bloody hell is wrong with you. It's entirely your fault.
Its Ubi's fault for debuting the game with multiplayer and focusing on it.

mjc

Is there any point to getting 100% synchronization? I already got the achievement for 100% a whole memory but I don't wanna run through those tombs over and over to make time.

Raxus

mjc said:
Is there any point to getting 100% synchronization? I already got the achievement for 100% a whole memory but I don't wanna run through those tombs over and over to make time.
No, and some missions are better if you just ignore the conditions (
don't get hit in the tank mission for example
). Just think of it as an extra challenge and if it looks to be a headache then don't sweat it.

jett

D-Member
What's with the Guild challenges? They are borked. I've killed hundreds of stationed guards with my crossbow undetected, but under the Courtesan challenges I have 0/20. Likewise for jumping from a horse to a beam.

Lostconfused said:
Its Ubi's fault for debuting the game with multiplayer and focusing on it.

The game debuted with a CG trailer that was all about Rome and the Borgia. And at E3 they debuted gameplay with a single-player mission. *shrug*

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Any tips for
defending the baracks against the french?
I keep getting my ass kicked.

dwebo

NinjaFridge said:
Any tips for
Call in three groups of your assassins (don't use arrow storm), kill a few quickly near one of the objectives, then hope you can activate it before a new group streams in. It gets easier as you do more, but the 100% on that one was a pain IIRC.

Sai

NinjaFridge said:
Any tips for
Call your Assassins for support. Use the dagger!

You have to finish off as many of 'em as you can until you're able to
close the gates
. Dagger seems to be the most handy for that.

Jangaroo

Lostconfused said:
First impressions are important. Focusing MP implied that it would be the prominent part of the game.
Prominent most certainly, but again, that didn't mean that there wasn't going to be a single player portion. As somebody mentioned before, they debuted it at E3 with a single player demo when Ezio gets attacked by the templars. You really have no excuse for not being aware about that.

fernoca

Totobeni said:
Don't put blame on them, the game is darn awesome and starts exactly were II ended. :p

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
dwebo said:
Call in three groups of your assassins (don't use arrow storm), kill a few quickly near one of the objectives, then hope you can activate it before a new group streams in. It gets easier as you do more, but the 100% on that one was a pain IIRC.

Dear Jesus. I forgot all about my Assassins, how did i manage to forget them? Also, arrow storm is badass but i'll take your advice.

dwebo

NinjaFridge said:
Dear Jesus. I forgot all about my Assassins, how did i manage to forget them? Also, arrow storm is badass but i'll take your advice.
Yeah it is, but if you kill them all at once, more will just respawn. If you just drop in a few they'll at least keep guys off your back. Daggers could work too like Sai suggested but I didn't try that.

Sai said:
You have to finish off as many of 'em as you can until you're able to
close the gates
. Dagger seems to be the most handy for that.
Actually its really really easy to do that.
Use a smoke bomb at every gate. That way you can close all of them right away without getting hit once, then call in an arrow storm on a big group and you should be done

stupei

Jangaroo said:

Yeah, Totobeni, don't you know it's your job to sell Ubisoft's game to you!

Ubi has done a really terrible job marketing this game. Hopefully that won't affect the sales, but I do think that the majority of people who played the first two games think this is just a spin-off multiplayer title with a crappy tacked on single player campaign that doesn't add much to the story. The focus in most of the marketing has been on the multiplayer so unless you are actively seeking out information -- and why would you if the multiplayer didn't already interest you -- you don't know what the single player entails or that it has a lot of new additions and features. You'd think they'd really want to make that a key selling point since it has been the excellent single player that has propelled the series' sales thus far.

Jangaroo said:
Prominent most certainly, but again, that didn't mean that there wasn't going to be a single player portion. As somebody mentioned before, they debuted it at E3 with a single player demo when Ezio gets attacked by the templars. You really have no excuse for not being aware about that.
I am not really here to make excuses for Ubisoft's marketing department. Since I am not the only one here who was under this false impression, they made a somewhat poor job of it.

Irish

Wait, the singleplayer portion has had far more coverage than the MP portion. It's most definitely not Ubi's fault if someone had no clue about the singleplayer. There have been nearly a dozen threads created for new trailers and coverage over the past few months detailing all of the new stuff being introduced in the game. I'm not sure how you could be on GAF and not know stuff about a series you're interested in. I'm not on often, but I know more about random games I have no intention of playing than I would have ever imagined. :D :p

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Lostconfused said:
Actually its really really easy to do that.
Use a smoke bomb at every gate. That way you can close all of them right away without getting hit once, then call in an arrow storm on a big group and you should be done
I did the same thing :lol

Lostconfused said:
Yes you do. You can guess what it is too because it was announcement a bit before the games release.
I did not follow the game ON PURPOSE because I did not wanted to know anything from the story, I loved AC2 and did not want to spoil ANYTHING so did not pay attention to press stuffa bout AC:B

Is it something that you can use ingame for the SP, or do you get more story that way?
Because if its something lame for the MP I do not care.
Or if its just an achievement I do not care for that.

The Dutch Slayer said:
I did not follow the game ON PURPOSE because I did not wanted to know anything from the story, I loved AC2 and did not want to spoil ANYTHING so did not pay attention to press stuffa bout AC:B

Is it something that you can use ingame for the SP, or do you get more story that way?

You can use it in SP.

Irish

The Dutch Slayer said:

It's a singleplayer skin brought over from another series that has relatively close ties with this one.
Raiden from MGS4

Irish said:
Wait, the singleplayer portion has had far more coverage than the MP portion. It's most definitely not Ubi's fault if someone had no clue about the singleplayer. There have been nearly a dozen threads created for new trailers and coverage over the past few months detailing all of the new stuff being introduced in the game. I'm not sure how you could be on GAF and not know stuff about a series you're interested in. I'm not on often, but I know more about random games I have no intention of playing than I would have ever imagined. :D :p
Well I lost all interest in the series immediately after Ubisoft announced that they are going to release a sequel 1 year later with a multilayer component. So really there was no reason for me to look at any trailers, or news or anything about the game whatsoever.

Irish said:
It's a singleplayer skin brought over from another series that has relatively close ties with this one.
Raiden from MGS4
Ah thanks for the info, well if its only that than I try but if the stuff gets to hard or frustrating I'll just move on.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
coming in late here but I just picked this up today. Haven t played it yet but I have a question. I never played the second one yet though I own it.. Should I or DO I need to for point of reference?

Irish

Dorfdad said:
coming in late here but I just picked this up today. Haven t played it yet but I have a question. I never played the second one yet though I own it.. Should I or DO I need to for point of reference?

I would definitely play the second one first. This is a direct continuation of that story. It literally opens up 5 seconds after the last game ends. Plus, after getting used to all of the new equipment and combat options you have in this game, it may be hard to go back.

Jangaroo

stupei said:
Yeah, Totobeni, don't you know it's your job to sell Ubisoft's game to you!

Ubi has done a really terrible job marketing this game. Hopefully that won't affect the sales, but I do think that the majority of people who played the first two games think this is just a spin-off multiplayer title with a crappy tacked on single player campaign that doesn't add much to the story. The focus in most of the marketing has been on the multiplayer so unless you are actively seeking out information -- and why would you if the multiplayer didn't already interest you -- you don't know what the single player entails or that it has a lot of new additions and features. You'd think they'd really want to make that a key selling point since it has been the excellent single player that has propelled the series' sales thus far.
I can care less about whether or not you or anyone else for that matter originally thought the single player is tacked on. That wasn't what I was arguing about.

Totobeni said:
Totobeni thought the game was multiplayer only. I'm raising up the point that yes, Ubisoft did focus on the multiplayer but they also had a lot of media focusing on the single player. Again, my argument isn't about whether or not the single player is tacked on or not.

Lostconfused said:
Well I lost all interest in the series immediately after Ubisoft announced that they are going to release a sequel 1 year later with a multilayer component. So really there was no reason for me to look at any trailers, or news or anything about the game whatsoever.
Then that is your fault.

stupei

Irish said:

Saying "GAF obsessed over it" does not equal "and therefor the average person knew a lot about it." Plenty of people (even on GAF!) have been running around calling New Vegas an expansion pack. Obsidian had to go out of their way to combat that idea, solely because it has the same engine. Otherwise it's new storyline, new locations, new characters, two years in development. New systems, which they hyped up.

On the other hand you have AC: B. Same engine, same character, still in Italy, one year of development. You'd think Ubi would want to make sure they erase any of the immediate "wow, that's a $60 expansion pack" thoughts from everyone's minds, but instead they show single player campaigns that don't look especially different from anything offered in the game that came out just a few months before they start showing footage and hype up multiplayer.

Yes, people knew the single player existed, they just didn't know it was going to be worth $60 and you don't often spend that kind of money solely on gimmicky multiplayer that is likely to die off in a month.

Irish said:
I would definitely play the second one first. This is a direct continuation of that story. It literally opens up 5 seconds after the last game ends. Plus, after getting used to all of the new equipment and combat options you have in this game, it may be hard to go back.
THIS ! +
AC2 is one of the best games from the last 5 years (at least I think that), story and gameplay are so well balanced and if you want it to be it can be a LONG game 35 to 40 hours for 100% play trough.

Jangaroo

Lostconfused said:
So what is your argument?
The fact that Assassin's Creed Brotherhood had a single player portion, not the quality of it. I honestly have no idea why you jumped into this bit when I was only addressing Totobeni.

Ledsen

Holy shit this game is HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!

I'm ~15 hours in and I just started sequence 4 and got my own Assassin's finally :lol Doing all the side mission and getting all the collectibles (including treasure) is eating up a lot of time! Apparently I've spent almost 300 000 already :p

jett

D-Member
Just noticed there are online leaderboards in Virtual Training. Pretty cool.

BTW, anyone else with screwed up guild challenges? :|

Amir0x

Banned
jett said:

Guild Challenges are wildly inconsistent for me. Plus they're lame. Busy work

Jangaroo said:
The fact that Assassin's Creed Brotherhood had a single player portion, not the quality of it. I honestly have no idea why you jumped into this bit when I was only addressing Totobeni.
Oh I am sorry. I had no idea you were arguing about something completely different from what I was arguing or what Totobeni seems to be arguing. I jumped in because I agree with Totobeni's posts.

jett said:

Some of them are working fine but like you said about the guard post one I don't think I have any for that. Even though i crossbow a shit load of guards without being detected.

Yet other ones worked fine so not sure what's going on with them.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
e7z2pc.jpg

"When you have to go, you have to GO!"...strange after grasping so many ledges, my piss has turned green ; ;, fucking syphilis, the medic said he this new lead based medicine would fix my problem...le sigh

Agnostic

but believes in Chael
jett said:

Yes. It seems I have to do double what it says for it to register as only doing it once.

Gileadxv

Banned
Lostconfused said:
I am not really here to make excuses for Ubisoft's marketing department. Since I am not the only one here who was under this false impression, they made a somewhat poor job of it.

I'm going to have to agree with you there. Heck, I loved the first two games and even I was surprised at the substantial weight of the single player game. Ultimately, the first thing that sticks out in your mind is how the multi-player was being touted when first being announced. I know a number of gamers who thought the same thing and were shocked when I told them how great the game was. If you don't put much stock in the game after the initial reveal, it's going to be much harder to compete for the gamer's attention when being previewed. Especially when you consider almost every game gets a write up during the initial build up.

Ubisoft doesn't have the strongest track record of properly promoting strong games (I'm looking at you BG&E).

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
jett said:

I had the same issue with the guard post crossbow one, but the rest seemed to have worked right so far.

conman

Irish said:
Not just that, but ACB does a piss-poor job of explaining the combat and climbing mechanics to anyone who hasn't already played AC2. Not only would you be lost in terms of the storyline, but you'd also be missing 3/4's of the possible move-set. And there's no trainer (AFAIK) like there was in AC2 if you need a full tutorial/refresher/review.

Top Bottom