• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

Irish

I went to check UPlay and discovered that I hadn't earned a single point. What's the deal with that? Has it happened to anyone else?

jett

D-Member
Amir0x said:
Guild Challenges are wildly inconsistent for me. Plus they're lame. Busy work

They give you the best weapons as rewards at the end, I needs to complete them for completion's sake. :|

kiun

Anyone here experiencing crackling audio ? I have a 5.1 setup and its bothering the shit out of me. I have my game (x360) installed.

fernoca

conman said:
Not just that, but ACB does a piss-poor job of explaining the combat and climbing mechanics to anyone who hasn't already played AC2. Not only would you be lost in terms of the storyline, but you'd also be missing 3/4's of the possible move-set. And there's no trainer (AFAIK) like there was in AC2 if you need a full tutorial/refresher/review.
Well, there's the Virtual Training, with four categories: Free Run, Stealth Assassination, Locate and Combat. Which helps to understand the movesets, how to play the game and even rewards the player with medals, leaderbaords and an unlockable skin for the game.

Ledsen

kiun said:
Anyone here experiencing crackling audio ? I have a 5.1 setup and its bothering the shit out of me. I have my game (x360) installed.

Yep, stereo headphones here. Googled it and it seems to be very common.

Trying to find items for the shops quests is really annoying. I don't think the chests are random but I guess the loot from thugs and thieves is?

I haven't sold anything either.

Is anyone else having trouble getting into one of the
Romulus Lair's?, I can see the opening but can't figure out how to get into it. I can't remember where it is exactly but it's near all some pillars and if you don't make it into the opening you fall into water. It's on the right side of the map.

Maybe there is another entrance I'm missing? Couldn't find it.

/rant

Not really a spoiler but just being safe.

fernoca

DualShadow said:
Is anyone else having trouble getting into one of the
Romulus Lair's?, I can see the opening but can't figure out how to get into it. I can't remember where it is exactly but it's near all some pillars and if you don't make it into the opening you fall into water. It's on the right side of the map.

Maybe there is another entrance I'm missing? Couldn't find it.

/rant

Not really a spoiler but just being safe.
Yep, Terme de Traiano.

There are two ways:
1. Pay the architect to fix the aqueduct; which makes it easier to enter; or...
2. Right above the entrance, stand on one of the wood panels all the way to the left or right and drop, positioning the character to the wall. Press the grab button (if you have the glove) to grab as you fall to grab on some small edge. Continue your way to the lair. (which was what I did)

Then, I fixed the aqueduct, and got the message saying that I could enter there. :lol

dwebo

fernoca said:
Yep, Terme de Traiano.

2. Right above the entrance, stand on one of the wood panels all the way to the left or right and drop, positioning the character to the wall. Press the grab button (if you have the glove) to grab as you fall to grab on some small edge. Continue your way to the lair.
You'll also have to do a diagonal upward jump to get to the final ledge, which took me a bunch of tries to do. The key is to not be right next to ledge or else you'll just jump up and then fall down.

I think it might be the only place in the game where you have to do that move (if you don't fix the aqueduct), otherwise you could never use it.

Ah thanks guys.

The aquaduct is half fixed currently :lol

I was trying all sorts of shit to get in there. I even tried to
parachute in there
:lol

LiK

kiun said:

the crackling seems to only occur during loading when you enter or exit the Assassin's hideout. never happened anywhere else. kinda weird.

fernoca

Darn, love Subject 16 puzzles. So awesome and so creepy at the same time. There's so many hidden code in there. Can't wait people start translating the meaning of all those codes. :D

LiK

fernoca said:
Darn, love Subject 16 puzzles. So awesome and so creepy at the same time. There's so many hidden code in there. Can't wait people start translating the meaning of all those codes. :D

they're cool but i found his puzzles in AC2 way creepier cuz you hear him and there's really creepy ambient music playing more.

LiK

jett said:
I don't know I think they're about the same.

some of them were really challenging to get to while climbing the buildings. i remember many of them in AC2 were easy to reach. but there were more from what i recall. i havent finished the 16 sidequest in Brotherhood yet.

Irish

I wouldn't say they are harder to reach. You just have to climb inside of them instead of merely standing next to one and going into eagle vision. I noticed that you have to climb above nearly all of them and then drop down and grasp on to the broken bricks.

LiK

Irish said:
I wouldn't say they are harder to reach. You just have to climb inside of them instead of merely standing next to one and going into eagle vision. I noticed that you have to climb above nearly all of them and then drop down and grasp on to the broken bricks.

yea, that's true, it made them slightly trickier to get to.

dwebo

LiK said:
yea, that's true, it made them slightly trickier to get to.
Yeah, relying on catch back for a few of those was just stupid, since you could be one space to the left and right and completely whiff the grab.

Also putting two on huge monuments was just a dick thing to do.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Subject 16's "videos" are creepy. You can see a face on the lower right portion of the "videos".

Balphon

jett said:
What's with the Guild challenges? They are borked. I've killed hundreds of stationed guards with my crossbow undetected, but under the Courtesan challenges I have 0/20. Likewise for jumping from a horse to a beam.

Yeah, it would be nice if they gave a little more indication of what you were supposed to do.

For the crossbow one, you have to (as far as I could tell) kill guards that are standing still and guarding something undetected. Guards patrolling an area or standing on the side of the road won't work, it has to be the guys who (for example) block the roads up to some of the Borgia towers located outside the city proper. Though it didn't always register for these guys either so it may just be broken.

Likewise, "jumping from a horse to a beam" actually means galloping a horse towards any grabbable outcropping jutting off from a building and jumping off the horse towards it so that Ezio does a little flip thing that catapults him on top of another beam or platform. If there's nothing for him to jump to from the initial thing you grab, it won't count.

Amir0x

Banned
Balphon said:
Yeah, it would be nice if they gave a little more indication of what you were supposed to do.

For the crossbow one, you have to (as far as I could tell) kill guards that are standing still and guarding something undetected. Guards patrolling an area or standing on the side of the road won't work, it has to be the guys who (for example) block the roads up to some of the Borgia towers located outside the city proper. Though it didn't always register for these guys either so it may just be broken.

Likewise, "jumping from a horse to a beam" actually means galloping a horse towards any grabbable outcropping jutting off from a building and jumping off the horse towards it so that Ezio does a little flip thing that catapults him on top of another beam or platform. If there's nothing for him to jump to from the initial thing you grab, it won't count.

This game needs guild progress indicators. For example, when you perform an ability, it needs to have "8/10 Horse Jumps performed" or whatever. Also, a little list that goes everywhere with you that tracks progress on these tedious things.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Irish said:
Agreed, jett. I also miss hearing Cam Clarke's voice during the puzzles.

I've done only a few so far, but it seems like they're harder this time around?

Amir0x said:
This game needs guild progress indicators. For example, when you perform an ability, it needs to have "8/10 Horse Jumps performed" or whatever. Also, a little list that goes everywhere with you that tracks progress on these tedious things.

You can access them from your DNA menu. They're near the very end of the strand.

jett

D-Member
Balphon said:

Dude I'm doing that, it isn't registering. It used to, I have 4/20 beam jumps, but none will count now. It's just buggy.

Balphon

jett said:
Dude I'm doing that, it isn't registering. It used to, I have 4/20 beam jumps, but none will count now. It's just buggy.

Yeah. I actually had a problem where Ezio just randomly stopped doing the flip jump after awhile regardless of what I did. Aggravating.

jett said:
Yes, any AC fan should love this game from top to bottom. It's probably the best realization of every element that has been introduced in the franchise. Gotta say that I love how, for once, stealth takes center stage in an AC game. :p

Have to admit I was wrong and that Ubisoft surprised me delivering a AAA AC game in less than a year...do take 2 years to make the next one though plz. :p

That's good to hear. Assassin's Creed 2 was my 2nd favorite game last year (after Infamous) and I passed on the console version of Brotherhood since I wasn't as hyped for it. I'm now eager to play it whenever the hell Ubisoft decides to release it, and still probably not at the $60 price.

Only shame is that the PC version probably won't have a multiplayer community going.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
jett said:

The horse to a beam thing isn't buggy, just really, really picky. You have to make sure you jump soon enough to get enough height. If you see Ezio do the little flip thing, it should count. If he just grabs it and hangs, it won't.

Linkzg said:
Only shame is that the PC version probably won't have a multiplayer community going.

Yeah it seems like typing would give you away sometimes. :lol

jett

D-Member
ZealousD said:
The horse to a beam thing isn't buggy, just really, really picky. You have to make sure you jump soon enough to get enough height. If you see Ezio do the little flip thing, it should count. If he just grabs it and hangs, it won't.

That's what I'm doing. You don't need to jump. You just hold down the X button while Ezio is in the "standing" position on the horse. He does the jump automatically if there's a beam above him.

DevelopmentArrested said:
game seems a lot glitchier than AC2 from what I've played
When AC2 came out there were a bunch of glitches (double assassination would freeze the game in certain situations) including one that would make you get stuck during a mission and not be able to progress. The first patch that came out fixed most of them though.

So far the only glitches I've seen are visual, in the distance at times some geometry flickers. Other than that its good. I think that they probably shouldn't have applied SSAO to characters because its just a hack and if you change the orientation of the camera, the SSAO effect can disappear which is dumb.

jett

D-Member
infinityBCRT said:
When AC2 came out there were a bunch of glitches (double assassination would freeze the game in certain situations) including one that would make you get stuck during a mission and not be able to progress. The first patch that came out fixed most of them though.

So far the only glitches I've seen are visual, in the distance at times some geometry flickers. Other than that its good. I think that they probably shouldn't have applied SSAO to characters because its just a hack and if you change the orientation of the camera, the SSAO effect can disappear which is dumb.

Their "SSAO" tech also introduces artifacting to the models. Anything that's "casting" SSAO looks really jaggy.

The last part of the game in Rome is so rushed, great game but overall I like II more, maybe because the huge improvement over the first game.

conman

Amir0x said:
Uh... those do pop up for me. I get guild quest progression indicators quite often ("3/10 sneak attacks" or whatever). But they don't happen all the time, and certain actions don't always register. Maybe it's finicky about how you do certain things. And I could be wrong, but I think there's a place in the start menu screens that does show you your guild/shop quest progression.

conman said:
Uh... those do pop up for me. I get guild quest progression indicators quite often ("3/10 sneak attacks" or whatever). And I could be wrong, but I think there's a place in the start menu screens that does show you your guild/shop quest progression.

I had some pop-up but I don't think it did it for every challenge which is annoying.

Top Bottom