• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
ZealousD said:
If you get a boost buddy, you can easily get all of them except for the lvl 50 one in player match.

Oh, nice. I just hope the online is still active when I get the game in the summer. :lol I'm kinda dreading leveling to 50. How long is that supposed to take?

LiK

jett said:
Yes, any AC fan should love this game from top to bottom. It's probably the best realization of every element that has been introduced in the franchise. Gotta say that I love how, for once, stealth takes center stage in an AC game. :p

Have to admit I was wrong and that Ubisoft surprised me delivering a AAA AC game in less than a year...do take 2 years to make the next one though plz. :p

heehee, glad you agree with me. and yea, the stealth sections are pretty great.

fernoca

Just finished the game, and holy shit!
I know they said they are planning on releasing a new game ever year; so next year it better be a sequel to this! :lol :lol

Ridley327 said:
There's only one achievement related to 100% sync, and that's getting it in one memory block outside of the first one. Also, the replay feature makes it so you don't have to "rush" your first time through.

That said, the Full Sync condition for the tank mission was satanic evil.

Just finished it, GOD DAMNIT YOU'RE RIGHT.

JohngPR

I've played the single player for about two hours and have loved it so far.

I love the fact that
the game takes place literally seconds after Assassin's Creed II. I'm going to miss Ezio once his story is over.

Bebpo

Banned
Is the multiplayer pretty easy to pick up how to play quickly? I'm curious to try it but I don't want to have to spend an 30 mins learning how to play when I could be spending that time on the SP.

JohngPR

Bebpo said:
Is the multiplayer pretty easy to pick up how to play quickly? I'm curious to try it but I don't want to have to spend an 30 mins learning how to play when I could be spending that time on the SP.

There's a 10 minute tutorial level that tells you pretty much everything you need to know to get the gist.

conman

Snapshot King said:
That's all well and good, but none of those were ever as effective as the counter kills. Thus kind of useless. I'm having more variety in the combat now, especially since you can now do double kills with the gun or throwing knives.
Well, you asked why I thought the earlier games encouraged more "experimentation" in combat, not whether the older combat systems were well designed or not. That's an important difference. I mean, there would have been no need for experimentation at all if the other combat tactics were as effective as the counter.

In effect, the new additions to the combat mechanics in AC:B are an open admission that the counter attack is massively over-powered. But it's strange that they'd still leave all those old combat vestiges in there from the prior two games when most of those techniques have been made utterly pointless by the increased AI aggression.

gdt

Just started this (had to finish UC2 first :D ), and digging it alot so far. Lots of Desmond, and they did totally turn him into Nathan Drake (it really stands out, especially with me just finishing UC2), but whatever, no big deal. It was fun.

I've only put about 2 hours in, so here we go!

LiK

gdt5016 said:
Just started this (had to finish UC2 first :D ), and digging it alot so far. Lots of Desmond, and they did totally turn him into Nathan Drake (it really stands out, especially with me just finishing UC2), but whatever, no big deal. It was fun.

I've only put about 2 hours in, so here we go!

Nolan North is Desmond too :D

dwebo

Bebpo said:
Give the Manhunt mode a shot after the tutorial. It's by the far the most laid back, since you have teammates and only one role assigned at a time.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Ridley327 said:
That said, the Full Sync condition for the tank mission was satanic evil.

Seriously, what the fuck is this shit?

It wouldn't be so bad if you could restart at a checkpoint and have a chance to try that last part again. But no, the game forces you to start the memory from the very beginning, and that's a mission that takes 10 minutes to do at best. Christ.

Have you guys actually done it? I tried like three times before saying "fuck it". What's the strategy?

Some of the missions in Sequence 6 are pretty bad too. The one where you close the gates took me like 15 tries. =/

ZealousD said:
Seriously, what the fuck is this shit?

It wouldn't be so bad if you could restart at a checkpoint and have a chance to try that last part again. But no, the game forces you to start the memory from the very beginning, and that's a mission that takes 10 minutes to do at best. Christ.

Have you guys actually done it? I tried like three times before saying "fuck it". What's the strategy?

Some of the missions in Sequence 6 are pretty bad too. The one where you close the gates took me like 15 tries. =/

I got it on my second try, I just strafed around corners to get the cannons, and then circle strafed the other tanks. And the mission flies by after you've already done most of it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Snapshot King said:
I got it on my second try, I just strafed around corners to get the cannons, and then circle strafed the other tanks. And the mission flies by after you've already done most of it.

The cannons are easy as piss. So is the first tank. But I couldn't figure out the very end. I always go caught up on something and it didn't seem like I had enough space to do a circle strafe. I wanted to try abusing the doorway but the game explicitly prevents you from exploiting that.

TripOpt55

It feels like I'm making no progress on the storyline for this game. I'm always veering off to do some side mission type thing on my way to the next story mission. Or stopping to read my emails and talk to the other people in 2012. There is just a ton of stuff to do. I like it though. Some really cool side missions.

Also, I like the chaining kills thing. I was never a big fan of the combat and seeing how high I can get the chains going is pretty fun. It's even easier now I suppose, but the face to face combat isn't something I want to be doing for that long anyway so I'm okay with it.

Ledsen

Wow, the tombs in this game are amazing! I hated them in AC2 because of the horribly frustrating design, but it's immensly improved in this one. I actually look forward to them now.

On another note, I've played 10-15 hours and I'm still in sequence 2 :lol I just HAVE to buy all the stores (not landmarks though, lol), finish all the side missions, take all the Borgia Towers, explore all the tombs, get all the treasure (that I have maps for) etc, before I continue with the main story :p

rataven

Just finished the first tomb. So fun. Don't know how I'll ever do it in 8 minutes though! Glad Ubi realized tombs were a fan favorite part of ACII and figured out a way to add them in ACB.

And I get a little kick out of how glorious the battle animations are in this game, yet Ezio still "walks" over stairs.

LiK

Ledsen said:
Wow, the tombs in this game are amazing! I hated them in AC2 because of the horribly frustrating design, but it's immensly improved in this one. I actually look forward to them now.

On another note, I've played 10-15 hours and I'm still in sequence 2 :lol I just HAVE to buy all the stores (not landmarks though, lol), finish all the side missions, take all the Borgia Towers, explore all the tombs, get all the treasure (that I have maps for) etc, before I continue with the main story :p
I dunno, I loved the platforming lvls in AC2 more esp the one in one church that gave me vertigo. It was so high up!

I dont like these as much cuz it's mainly dark gloomy catacombs with a few exceptions. They seem easier too.

Sai-kun

Banned
LiK said:
I dunno, I loved the platforming lvls in AC2 more esp the one in one church that gave me vertigo. It was so high up!

I dont like these as much cuz it's mainly dark gloomy catacombs with a few exceptions. They seem easier too.
You'll get your vertigo (I did, at least), ad has all I'll say :D

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Liking MP more and more as I play. Just got 1200 points from stuns alone(6) on a round of manhunt. I noticed the other team was running around like idiots a lot and just guessing on who to lunge at instead of observing, so I stunned him and ran around a corner, and repeated it 3 times. He kept coming after me and killed a random NPC each time trying to get back at me. :lol

stupei

I have a question about the SP:

Are there still the hidden glyphs on certain buildings, and if so this time is there any indication on the map of buildings where you haven't found them yet? That always drove me nuts in the last game when I could see there were still buildings with them undiscovered in the database, but I wasn't sure where those buildings were on the map.

Nedjoe

Neo Member
stupei said:

Are there still the hidden glyphs on certain buildings, and if so this time is there any indication on the map of buildings where you haven't found them yet? That always drove me nuts in the last game when I could see there were still buildings with them undiscovered in the database, but I wasn't sure where those buildings were on the map.

Yes and you can set a waypoint on any building with a glyph you missed through the database.

rataven said:
yet Ezio still "walks" over stairs.

WHAT THE FUCK?

are you kidding me? man, fuck you Ubisoft.

3 games in the series and still no separate animation for walking up stairs!? how hard is that to program, would take like an hour or two of work maybe, is that too much for you Ubisoft..? in 3-4 years of working on the series, you couldn't find the time? goddamn lazy hacks. i'm pretty sure there are PS1 games that had that. and certainly many PS2 games like Ico, MGS2 and so on...

game is garbage, i cant buy this anymore... so disappointed :(

glaurung

Either the game is completely broken or I am stuck.

Sequence 8, Memory 5.

So I have the Apple now and I am spawned East of the Colosseum. There is a small green circle around some ruins and I have the objective 'Break up Cesare's meeting'. But there is no meeting and I don't know where to go...

jett

D-Member
glaurung said:
Either the game is completely broken or I am stuck.

Sequence 8, Memory 5.

So I have the Apple now and I am spawned East of the Colosseum. There is a small green circle around some ruins and I have the objective 'Break up Cesare's meeting'. But there is no meeting and I don't know where to go...

There's a cardinal hiding I think on the right edge of the green circle. He's your target. I too thought my game was borked. :p

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
stupei said:

You can set a marker on it from the database that shows up on your map. Small shit like that makes this game awesome.

jett

D-Member
Yeah it sucks, worst of all is the in-game manual spoils it for you. Thanks, Ubisoft. :p

BTW, I found this a while back, and figured I'd share it. It's the very first target render of Assassin's Creed, showcasing co-op gameplay. It was not meant to be.

Patrice Desilets' panel at PAX '07

They did sort of implement that original idea in Brotherhood though, pretty cool that Patrice kept it in his mind all this time. :p

X-Frame

How much of an improvement is this game over the first Assassins Creed? I didn't play ACII .. yet the game and MP looks interesting.

jett

D-Member
X-Frame said:
How much of an improvement is this game over the first Assassins Creed? I didn't play ACII .. yet the game and MP looks interesting.

ACII was a massive improvement in every way possible. AC:B continues what AC2 established.

bubnbob

Banned
I gave up on the stupid Full Sync things when I did the entire Castello mission and screwed up at the very end. No thanks.

(I already got 100% on Sequence 2 so I got the achievement w/e)

shwimpy

gdt5016 said:
Yeah, that didn't help with getting me out of my UC2 mindset :lol .

Platforming....Nolan North....playful chatter.....HEY WAITAMINUTE!

After playing the Uncharteds, Prince of Persia (2008), Enslaved, and this all within a year, I'm getting so sick of the male/female witty dialogue dynamic. DAMN YOU NOLAN NORTH!

Coldsnap

Is the 100% Synchronize a mission besides the 1st glitched? I have gotten 100% synchronized on a few and didn't see the achievement.

mjc

rataven said:
Just finished the first tomb. So fun. Don't know how I'll ever do it in 8 minutes though! Glad Ubi realized tombs were a fan favorite part of ACII and figured out a way to add them in ACB.

And I get a little kick out of how glorious the battle animations are in this game, yet Ezio still "walks" over stairs.

It took me a good four or five tries because the platforming messed up for me on that tomb. I loved it though.

Sai-kun

Banned
Coldsnap said:
Is the 100% Synchronize a mission besides the 1st glitched? I have gotten 100% synchronized on a few and didn't see the achievement.

You need to get full synch on an entire Sequence, not just a mission.

bubnbob

Banned
Struct09 said:
Are there any missable achievements this time around?

Just started playing and want to make sure.

Two, but they're more "do them before you beat the game"

Acess your email in the present

Find an artifact in the present

Double D

bubnbob said:
Two, but they're more "do them before you beat the game"

Acess your email in the present

Find an artifact in the present
So I missed the second one. If I load up an old memory will I get the option to leave the animus?

jett

D-Member
Vik_Vaughn said:
So I missed the second one. If I load up an old memory will I get the option to leave the animus?

I don't think so. If you want it real bad you'll have to spend two hours of your life in a new game going through the introductory stage. :p

Just finished the last Cristina mission. God that was depressing. Actually most of them have been. : (

Speaking of which, that last one was directly connected to
Bonfire of the Vanities

Coldsnap

Sai-kun said:
You need to get full synch on an entire Sequence, not just a mission.

Ah okay, thanks gonna do that now.

I notice it says my money influence increases when I get a 100% objective, does anyone know by how much per 100%?

Top Bottom