• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

Nakiro

MrCompletely said:
I love it too. It's so intense when you have 2 or 3 pursuers on you at once in Wanted mode. I usually blow my cover and just start booking it at some point because I think my hunters are close, and in those cases I've been right more than wrong. I'm also learning the ridiculous power of the disguise ability. I'm getting better at luring my hunters into civilians. The base mechanics may be simple, but this is a pretty deep game just in terms of the player psychology.
Which is why I think many people are drawn in to this game, it's not just about twitch action skill like first person shooters. It's about playing mind games.

In beta I would just find a secluded place and just stand in a group with other NPCs, and most of the time they would kill the NPC.

Zapages

I don't know about you guys but the single player mission so far have been more of a meh then anything else. I am on sequence 2, I have only about 7 Borges Tower left. The catacomb levels are fun the requirements for full sync are a bit on the crazy side though.

The game seems to be more filled with side mission that you kind of have to do to get the full sync and gist of the story in the game.

Nakiro said:
Which is why I think many people are drawn in to this game, it's not just about twitch action skill like first person shooters. It's about playing mind games.

In beta I would just find a secluded place and just stand in a group with other NPCs, and most of the time they would kill the NPC.
but that tactic won't win you the game because eventually you're competing with other players for the contract. I love it when it turns into an all out chase, and then you manage to flank and assassinate.

ezekial45

Banned
gdt5016 said:
So far, what exactly is there to do in 2012? I see a red path outside, but that's it.

- Talking to the others
- Reading emails
- Exploring
- Optional (not really a spoiler):
Theres are hidden artifacts you can find.

Jhoan

I'm up to the
Romulus ruins
. Trying to get not to get hit is a pain for the perfect synch is a pain in the ass and don't get me started on the perfect synch challenge where you have to
beat the ruins in 8 minutes. I got stuck towards the end of it.
I must have retried those 2 at least a dozen times. I still don't know how to do an instant execution. Do you have to do a counter kill, press and hold LS then attack when the target's health is highlighted? That thing's a pain in the ass to pull off and not to mention that targeting still kind of sucks in this game and I have no bullets or knives to do it so that may be part of the reason.

Other than that, this game is very addictive. I've been blowing up towers, buying properties, finding and solving
Subject 16 puzzles
, stealing money from people to buy said properties, opening chests, climbing viewpoints, and finding collectibles. There's a ton of stuff to do right off the bat so that's pretty cool and a very nice distraction from the story and I haven't even gotten to the game's meat and potatoes yet.

I tried some of the MP yesterday for the first time and it's pretty cool and unique to say the least. It is true that the players stick out like a sore thumb because they're the only ones that run on the rooftops and sometimes the stun button doesn't work. A lot of the deaths feel cheap because the higher level players have more advanced perks like Templar Vision and Target Lock which I don't have (I'm level 4) so it'd be nice if the matchmaking system put people into players of the same level and not higher levels and I'm playing public matches. If anyone wants to play together, send me an invite or an FR, my GT's in my profile.

Ledsen

Jipan said:
I'm up to the
Romulus ruins
. Trying to get not to get hit is a pain for the perfect synch is a pain in the ass and don't get me started on the perfect synch challenge where you have to
beat the ruins in 8 minutes. I got stuck towards the end of it.
I must have retried those 2 at least a dozen times. I still don't know how to do an instant execution. Do you have to do a counter kill, press and hold LS then attack when the target's health is highlighted? That thing's a pain in the ass to pull off and not to mention that targeting still kind of sucks in this game and I have no bullets or knives to do it so that may be part of the reason.

Other than that, this game is very addictive. I've been blowing up towers, buying properties, finding and solving
Subject 16 puzzles
, stealing money from people to buy said properties, opening chests, climbing viewpoints, and finding collectibles. There's a ton of stuff to do right off the bat so that's pretty cool and a very nice distraction from the story and I haven't even gotten to the game's meat and potatoes yet.

I tried some of the MP yesterday for the first time and it's pretty cool and unique to say the least. It is true that the players stick out like a sore thumb because they're the only ones that run on the rooftops and sometimes the stun button doesn't work. A lot of the deaths feel cheap because the higher level players have more advanced perks like Templar Vision and Target Lock which I don't have (I'm level 4) so it'd be nice if the matchmaking system put people into players of the same level and not higher levels and I'm playing public matches. If anyone wants to play together, send me an invite or an FR, my GT's in my profile.

I don't know what you mean by that, but if you mean combo, you simply do a counter kill, then let go of RT/R2, hold the left stick towards your next enemy and spam attack. If you mean when you kill a enemy instantly, the loading screen tip says "keep attacking", for me they always triggered if I did a kick first and then just spammed attack.

Charles said:
Seriously, am I the only one having trouble connecting to the multiplayer today?

No it was everyone, I believe. I just saw on Facebook that the problems should be fixed now.

So I'm really enjoying the multiplayer but I just played from level 10 to 20 not knowing that I could use two abilities at once. Whoops.

Also, my five year old nephew always wants to watch me play games and I have to watch what I play sometimes due to gore. It was a nice addition to be able to turn off the blood in MP.

Grisby

Yeah, the mutli is fun but sometimes it feels like an eternity to get into a match. Hopefully, they patch it to be quicker.

BobDylan

so I was jumping around in the loading screen and somehow unlocked some unicorn cheat? Just started the game today. Love the creed

MrCompletely said:
Some interesting MP tips in these videos http://blog.games.yahoo.com/blog/210-get-the-edge-on-assassins-creed-brotherhood

to summarize my biggest takeaways:

subtle audio cues when you're being targeted by a gun, a faint double 'beep')
subtle audio cue when pursuer is within 20 meters, you hear whispering

if you're blended into a walking group, they will walk towards your target!

I found this one out but I think it only happens sometimes, cause I think some of the groups are on a set route. But getting the kill from inside a blend gets awesome points :D

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
MrCompletely said:
Some interesting MP tips in these videos http://blog.games.yahoo.com/blog/210-get-the-edge-on-assassins-creed-brotherhood

Awesome find! I didn't know about the audio cues or the fact that my group will try to help me! I'm find myself walking in a group a lot so this little piece was invaluable. I thought they were on a set path.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Does anyone else notice that some horses are really slow compared to others? It seems like the dark brown ones are faster than any other one for some reason.

Irish

LAUGHTREY said:
Does anyone else notice that some horses are really slow compared to others? It seems like the dark brown ones are faster than any other one for some reason.

All of the horses seem extremely slow to me in this game compared to the other two ACs.

Jb

Irish said:
All of the horses seem extremely slow to me in this game compared to the other two ACs.
Probably because you can't properly "run" (RT+A), except for a couple of scripted missions.

Zapages

I am still on Memory Sequence 2 and I have taken out about all 3 Borga towers out. Only 3 more to go.

Sometimes the game is silly hard and then sometimes its extremely easy. Also I have owned 2 Borga Captains with my handy dandy Gun. :) The first one was just before the panic started and got it just walking away from me. Other time was across the cave type of situation and from the back. :lol Another time was when was on a horse. :lol :lol

rataven

MrCompletely said:

Great tips. I don't think I've every noticed the whispering, but I'll keep my ears tuned for it now. And blending then sticking with a group seems like a great way to earn points.

Zapages said:
I am still on Memory Sequence 2 and I have taken out about all 3 Borga towers out. Only 3 more to go.

Sometimes the game is silly hard and then sometimes its extremely easy. Also I have owned 2 Borga Captains with my handy dandy Gun. :) The first one was just before the panic started and got it just walking away from me. Other time was across the cave type of situation and from the back. :lol Another time was when was on a horse. :lol :lol

You can't clear them all till later in the game, advance a few Sequences then you will be able to.

But, I think Ubi missed a good chance to make the towers a lot harder then they did.

Can someone help me out here with the VR training? In the first Free Run mission, it tells you to "free run and tap X to land safely next to the arrow". I do that, but nothing seems to happen and it just resets me!

If that's kind of vague, I'll try to remember the other actions. It goes like "Run and reverse wall bounce, swing and jump, run up and bounce to the side, keep running, Let go of right shoulder button and drop down". Then after that it's the "free run and tap X". I know this is still kind of vague but hopefully someone remembers this sequence.

Please help, I want the Raiden outfit. ;_;

Zapages

DualShadow said:
You can't clear them all till later in the game, advance a few Sequences then you will be able to.

But, I think Ubi missed a good chance to make the towers a lot harder then they did.

Climbing towers were easy, but killing some of the guards were frustrating more than anything else. Some of them needed luck and a bit of stupid AI tricks. :lol

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Crewnh said:
Can someone help me out here with the VR training? In the first Free Run mission, it tells you to "free run and tap X to land safely next to the arrow". I do that, but nothing seems to happen and it just resets me!

If that's kind of vague, I'll try to remember the other actions. It goes like "Run and reverse wall bounce, swing and jump, run up and bounce to the side, keep running, Let go of right shoulder button and drop down". Then after that it's the "free run and tap X". I know this is still kind of vague but hopefully someone remembers this sequence.

It wants you to do a small jump down off the ledge. You want to do it some distance away from the ledge so you jump over the span and land a level down. Definitely a useful skill in MP when you're trying to escape a pursuer.

Crewnh said:

If that's the first VR free running mission it just means jump before you reach the ledge, so while sprinting tap X and you will jump before the ledge and should land at the marker. If i remember there should be a symbol/mark that indicates when to jump on the ground.

Hopefully that helps.

Edit: Beaten :(

Zapages said:
Climbing towers were easy, but killing some of the guards were frustrating more than anything else. Some of them needed luck and a bit of stupid AI tricks. :lol

I didn't mean just the climbing of the towers :lol

I meant the whole Borgia Tower segments, they still seemed way to easy for supposedly taking down an enemy 'stronghold'.

RiccochetJ said:
It wants you to do a small jump down off the ledge. You want to do it some distance away from the ledge so you jump over the span and land a level down. Definitely a useful skill in MP when you're trying to escape a pursuer.
DualShadow said:
If that's the first VR free running mission it just means jump before you reach the ledge, so while sprinting tap X and you will jump before the ledge and should land at the marker. If i remember there should be a symbol/mark that indicates when to jump on the ground.

Hopefully that helps.

Edit: Beaten :(
Okay guys, thanks. Now I feel really dumb. This is like the last thing I needed to do in the single player. :lol

Crewnh said:
Okay guys, thanks. Now I feel really dumb. This is like the last thing I needed to do in the single player. :lol

I did all the VR missions at the very end as well. There was no benefit for doing them any earlier really, other then 1 skin.

Zapages

DualShadow said:
I didn't mean just the climbing of the towers :lol

I meant the whole Borgia Tower segments, they still seemed way to easy for supposedly taking down an enemy 'stronghold'.

Yeah, I see. There were no back story for the borga captains. Just go and take them down because they are repressing the people, but how though.

Also it kind of sucks that some of the costumes don't give you the almost unlimited life health like in AC 2 ie. Altair's stuff. You kind of have to go back and rebuild your armor. :

Even after 2 games, the combat is still weird or I can't get hang of it. I guess. Sometimes I just want to run away and not be swarmed up with enemies. But the games' targeting system is a still slightly wonky but better than the previous games.

Horse combat = ultimate domination of your enemies by walking around just slashing down at your enemies. :lol

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
ZephyrFate said:
So my Assassination Synch is at 0% in my DNA. How do I unlock these missions I've apparently missed?

They look like targets on the map, you select missions on the pigeon coops to get them.

Zapages said:
Yeah, I see. There were no back story for the borga captains. Just go and take them down because they are repressing the people, but how though.

Also it kind of sucks that some of the costumes don't give you the almost unlimited life health like in AC 2 ie. Altair's stuff. You kind of have to go back and rebuild your armor. :

Even after 2 games, the combat is still weird or I can't get hang of it. I guess. Sometimes I just want to run away and not be swarmed up with enemies. But the games' targeting system is a still slightly wonky but better than the previous games.

Horse combat = ultimate domination of your enemies by walking around just slashing down at your enemies. :lol

The costumes are just skins, they don't affect your stats at all.

Horse combat felt really awkward but still ownage :lol

jett

D-Member
Yeah, you can't gallop like in AC1 and AC2. Sux. There are also three different types of horses, I guess I'm the only one that read the in-game instruction manual? :lol One is normal speed, another is faster, and the third is the armored horse which is the slowest. I'm not sure how to distinguish the two regular horses, visually.

Volcynika

jett said:
Yeah, you can't gallop like in AC1 and AC2. Sux. There are also three different types of horses, I guess I'm the only one that read the in-game instruction manual? :lol One is normal speed, another is faster, and the third is the armored horse which is the slowest. I'm not sure how to distinguish the two regular horses, visually.

Damn your edit, I was about to make a joke about the instruction manual that came with the game.

jett

D-Member
There are spoilers in the in-game manual(it's in the options menu, I think), so you're better off not reading it if you haven't finished the game.

Zapages said:

The Armor of Brutus has the same amount of life as Altair's from AC2. Mine is covered with the Armor of Altair, which is just badass.

jett said:
There are spoilers in the in-game manual(it's in the options menu, I think), so you're better off not reading it if you haven't finished the game.

Spoilers in a manual? Oh Ubi never change :lol

I'll have to check it out tonight after work then.

Irish

DualShadow said:
Spoilers in a manual? Oh Ubi never change :lol

I'll have to check it out tonight after work then.

Yeah, I'm not really sure why they didn't simply unlock sections of the manual as you went through the game. It doesn't seem all that difficult to do.

Irish said:
Yeah, I'm not really sure why they didn't simply unlock sections of the manual as you went through the game. It doesn't seem all that difficult to do.

Yeah it doesn't seem that hard to do at all. I didn't even know there was an in-game manual *shrug*

For such a good game Ubi did some strange things :lol

Sanic

Sequence 9 spoilers:
im back in the present and the power has gone out. Is there somewhere im supposed to go to reactivate it? ive combed the city but cant find anything, and I feel stupid :(

Pandoracell said:
Sequence 9 spoilers:
im back in the present and the power has gone out. Is there somewhere im supposed to go to reactivate it? ive combed the city but cant find anything, and I feel stupid :(

Go up the stairs to the top and use eagle vision.

Bebpo

Banned
It really bothers me that it takes so long to map out the city. I'm in sequence 6 and I still don't have access to a few of the towers/viewpoints.

It worked better in AC2 where there were very specific districts and as you'd advance you'd get access to an entire district and everything in it.

Here with the whole borgia towers, locked stuff and the map just kind of blending together it just feels restrictive and limiting which is supposed to be the opposite of what a sandbox game is.

Top Bottom