• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

aristotle

Nakiro said:
Does anyone actually know why the Doctor is in a mask? Is that something to do with historical accuracy, just design. It's a really odd outfit.

It explains why in the game. It's accurate as far as I know. It was to "protect" them during the plague I believe. It's a primitive gas mask of sorts.

Edit: beaten twice.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Game just froze on me for the first time, just as i was about to finish a mission. Son of a bitch. Ubi really need to work on the performance for AC3.

scarybore

NinjaFridge said:
Game just froze on me for the first time, just as i was about to finish a mission. Son of a bitch. Ubi really need to work on the performance for AC3.

Never had any crashes or glitches thankfully but I really hope they put some effort into resolving audio crackling issues (on 360 anyway, don't know about other platforms). It's been there since the first game but it has got increasingly worse with each game and it's simply awful if you are using headphones.

Edit: Oh wait, the spoiler thread reminded me that I did
get stuck in the middle of the animus after a cutscene.
God only knows how I forgot that.

DrPirate

Banned
Just beat it, I avoided this thread until this moment.

Best goddam game in the goddam world.

Well done Ubisoft, Well done! Now I'm gonna go for the platinum.

Can't wait for the next one. This game surpasses Metal Gear as my favorite franchise ever. I love the "The Ship" styled multiplayer, the assassin guild stuff, the facebook connectivity. There's nothing in this game I don't like.

I'm just gonna give you a round of applause... Well. Done.

Just finished last night, time tp hop on multi.

After seeing the ending and the stuff with Subject 16, I really hope the 3rd one moves the chains story-wise. I'll be talking in the spoiler thread about that though.

Great game, the blend of alternate history and sci-fi is strong.

I bought the Limited Edition - in the end the cost to me is 33.xx cdn

I am wondering if I should return it as the extra stuff looks really shitty.

I bought the 360 version btw.

I was playing this on the projector last night and fell through the ground trying to get to a stupid flag. Water covers the whole map underneath. I only had my crap Blackberry at hand so excuse the blurry mess!

4h2xsg.jpg

1zz6yko.jpg

2zybdr6.jpg

Najaf

kylej said:
So... 50 hours in and I just realized you can send multiple assassins to a single contract. Whoops.

I did not pick up on that for a while too. I love it though. I can have a rank 1 tag along on a five star ultra difficult mission with two rank 9 Assassins and he picks up 5 or so levels on one mission.

DrPirate

Banned
Najaf said:
I did not pick up on that for a while too. I love it though. I can have a rank 1 tag along on a five star ultra difficult mission with two rank 9 Assassins and he picks up 5 or so levels on one mission.

Yeah, that's how I leveled up all my new recruits. I love the mechanic. I'm now in the process of upgrading them on Facebook.

Something about the whole thing is just so damn cool...You aren't even doing anything, but it feels like you're involved you know?

Multiplayer question...

I've played the mp a lot (level 36) but I still don't understand the Red arrow over your attackers head when he is NOT in high profile chase mode. Does it appear if you are really low on your detection meter? I think I read something that if HE is being chased then a red arrow will appear over his head that YOU can see.

Any clues? Thanks

KdoubleA

Darknessbear said:
Multiplayer question...

I've played the mp a lot (level 36) but I still don't understand the Red arrow over your attackers head when he is NOT in high profile chase mode. Does it appear if you are really low on your detection meter? I think I read something that if HE is being chased then a red arrow will appear over his head that YOU can see.

Any clues? Thanks

Your pursuer will have a red arrow over him if he's not careful and carelessly running towards you somewhere in your public vicinity. It's not the same as the constant red arrow when Chase mode is triggered, it's a temporary one that appears when he's down to discreet mode somewhere in your sight. Like him rushing to your location and not slowing down in time to not be in your sight (Indicated for the pursuer when the radar lights...If your target is in your line of sight, the radar is lit, otherwise it fades. It's a good way to know if your target is behind an obstruction).

In other words, do not rush your target publicly, he can notice you from far away and keep a lock on you (same thing can happen to your pursuer's pursuer...which is exactly why stab chains happen a lot to new players, and people think that all you can do in MP is kill and be killed).

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Darknessbear said:
Multiplayer question...

Any clues? Thanks

I think it means he WAS in high profile mode when you were in sight on the compass, but he went into low profile right after to not fully drop his stealth status. I've atleast noticed that when the game tells you to hide, it's after they have a red arrow above their head and they keep running for a decent amount of time.

I don't think it means he's being chased because I see it all the time on manhunt.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Darknessbear said:
Multiplayer question...

Any clues? Thanks
Your detection meter dips when you go into high profile mode within your target's view, if it dips low enough your target sees a red arrow above your head until your meter raises. If you see a red arrow above someones head, he's your pursuer and his detection meter has dipped low enough to notify you of his identity. If your pursuer is being chased he's probably entered high profile mode and if he's within your view his meter will dip low enough for you to identify him via the red arrow/enter chase mode. So your pursuer can have a red arrow over his head if he's being chased, but a red arrow does not necessarily mean he's being chased. Hope that helps.

gdt

Put a TON of time into this today, and I'm loving it. The ammount of shit to do is insane here. Leo's Weapons, Love Story missions, Romulus, super cool Brotherhood stuff, story missions, Assassinations, holy fuck.

Amir0x

Banned
Rank 46. So many LITTLE problems that add up to a lot, if I could send Ubisoft a list that they'd fix (that they would listen to) I totally would. Needed more time in the oven, a few of the more perplexing decisions need to be addressed.

For example, if you're in a crowd blended and you see a pursuer and smoke bomb him/her and you pull off the stun, but his friend is there to kill you right after - that friend should not score "silent kills" or "incognito" kill type points.

Killthee said:
Your detection meter dips when you go into high profile mode within your target's view, if it dips low enough your target sees a red arrow above your head until your meter raises. If you see a red arrow above someones head, he's your pursuer and his detection meter has dipped low enough to notify you of his identity. If your pursuer is being chased he's probably entered high profile mode and if he's within your view his meter will dip low enough for you to identify him via the red arrow/enter chase mode. So your pursuer can have a red arrow over his head if he's being chased, but a red arrow does not necessarily mean he's being chased. Hope that helps.
Papercuts said:
I think it means he WAS in high profile mode when you were in sight on the compass, but he went into low profile right after to not fully drop his stealth status. I've atleast noticed that when the game tells you to hide, it's after they have a red arrow above their head and they keep running for a decent amount of time.

I don't think it means he's being chased because I see it all the time on manhunt.

KdoubleA said:
Your pursuer will have a red arrow over him if he's not careful and carelessly running towards you somewhere in your public vicinity. It's not the same as the constant red arrow when Chase mode is triggered, it's a temporary one that appears when he's down to discreet mode somewhere in your sight. Like him rushing to your location and not slowing down in time to not be in your sight (Indicated for the pursuer when the radar lights...If your target is in your line of sight, the radar is lit, otherwise it fades. It's a good way to know if your target is behind an obstruction).

In other words, do not rush your target publicly, he can notice you from far away and keep a lock on you (same thing can happen to your pursuer's pursuer...which is exactly why stab chains happen a lot to new players, and people think that all you can do in MP is kill and be killed).

Woah - thanks for all the info. Yea makes sense, I've seen the detection meter go down pretty low but not enter chase and it blinks - guessing that's the red arrow signal. Thanks for the help! :)

jett

D-Member
Zapages said:
Have you guys seen this video to fix the colors in the PS3 version of the game for AC 1:

IDK about AC: Brotherhood, but I guess it would fix the game a bit closer to the 360 version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HvdRfUmoqQ

It won't fix anything, the PS3 version simply has the gamma settings higher than the 360, for some reason. Turning full range on will darken the image though(that setting is meant for monitors btw), but it still will look lighter than the 360 AC games.

Bernbaum

I'm up to memory 7, and have one more Romulus key piece to go, but there isn't a symbol showing up on the map.

Does a mainline quest or a sidequest open it up? BTW, I've bought all aqueducts and own 100% of Rome.

rataven

Bernbaum said:
I'm up to memory 7, and have one more Romulus key piece to go, but there isn't a symbol showing up on the map.

Does a mainline quest or a sidequest open it up? BTW, I've bought all aqueducts and own 100% of Rome.
I believe the last lair isn't available until the beginning of Sequence 8.

Bernbaum

Wow, pretty bad bug - After completing the 'Truth' sequence, and waking up from the Animus, the model for Desmond stayed in the Animus chair and kind of flickered about whilst the other characters' animations were talking to and referring to where I assume Desmond should have been. Nothing game-breaking, and I was relieved that I my game wasn't lost.

Bernbaum said:
Wow, pretty bad bug - After completing the 'Truth' sequence, and waking up from the Animus, the model for Desmond stayed in the Animus chair and kind of flickered about whilst the other characters' animations were talking to and referring to where I assume Desmond should have been. Nothing game-breaking, and I was relieved that I my game wasn't lost.

Yeah, it has happened to a couple of us in this thread. Not sure if there was any dialogue we missed, but at least we can recover out of it. A friend of mine had his savegame wrecked (at least until a patch) because he quit out of the game from outside of the animus - for some reason when he reloads it keeps kicking him in and out of the Animus indefinitely.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Amir0x said:
Rank 46. So many LITTLE problems that add up to a lot, if I could send Ubisoft a list that they'd fix (that they would listen to) I totally would. Needed more time in the oven, a few of the more perplexing decisions need to be addressed.

For example, if you're in a crowd blended and you see a pursuer and smoke bomb him/her and you pull off the stun, but his friend is there to kill you right after - that friend should not score "silent kills" or "incognito" kill type points.

My biggest problem is that the game doesn't count being on rooftops as being high profile. I might see a guy on a roof that isn't my target but I know is a player, and then all of a sudden I'm dead from an air assassination. I don't necessarily want to assume that every single player I see is my pursuer because then I'd blow my cover way more often.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
In the multiplayer, I hate the people that run around in high profile all the time. Although I did find a good dissuasion from doing that. After about 3 mins, my former targets mostly stick to the ground after I blast them with my gun multiple times. Then I can go back to my regular loadout which is all about being sneaky and they play the game I want to play.

Ranger X

jett said:
It won't fix anything, the PS3 version simply has the gamma settings higher than the 360, for some reason. Turning full range on will darken the image though(that setting is meant for monitors btw), but it still will look lighter than the 360 AC games.

Actually, Brotherhood looks crushed on Xbox. You need to notch up the brightness of 1 digit to have the real thing. This if your TV is properly set of course.

Phenomic

So I've been playing mulitplayer pretty much all night and randomly my UI turned off and I can't find a way to make it come back up. Everything but the compass has disappeared. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it a glitch or did I press some button combination that I can't seem to figure out.

jett

D-Member
Multiplayer seems like it's in beta-state or something
Ranger X said:
Actually, Brotherhood looks crushed on Xbox. You need to notch up the brightness of 1 digit to have the real thing. This if your TV is properly set of course.

Hmm all right.

rataven

RiccochetJ said:
In the multiplayer, I hate the people that run around in high profile all the time. Although I did find a good dissuasion from doing that. After about 3 mins, my former targets mostly stick to the ground after I blast them with my gun multiple times. Then I can go back to my regular loadout which is all about being sneaky and they play the game I want to play.
I feel your pain; I've had the same problem. Those dumbassess usually take the lead early but gererally fall pretty quickly in the ranks once everyone catches on to how stupidly they play.

And a side note - I don't understand the appeal of the Harlequin in MP. He looks like a dweeb.

Grisby

NinjaFridge said:

Had my first freeze too in multi. I was running the damn thing for about 2 hours or so who knows>

jett

D-Member
I think I don't care much for the MP of this game. You just walk around following your compass, and then you have to guess who is your target among the crowd. Meh. Not a fan of the kill trains either.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
jett said:
I think I don't care much for the MP of this game. You just walk around following your compass, and then you have to guess who is your target among the crowd. Meh. Not a fan of the kill trains either.
I would counter that there is so much more to your simplified version of MP, but I would agree it's not for everyone.

It's all about being the hunter and the hunted at the same time. You always have to be on your guard and searching for someone who is not acting normally be it your target or someone else who is following you. After you level up a bit, it becomes easier to single out who your target is, although it's as easy for your hunter(s) as well if they're the same level as you. You have to adapt.

I love it.

X26

Banned
Was trying to wait until it went down in price here in canada...but I couldnt do it, bought it today and basically vegetated infront of it. So much to do it's almost overwhelming, amazing how they took AC1's issues to heart in AC2 and AC:B and to such a degree.

gdt

I've been on this all day :lol .

The next story mission is the one after
Ezio makes Claudia an Assassin (and Ezio becomes the leader of the Assassins.
How close am I, story wise, to the end? I've gotten through most of the meaty sidequests as well. Next I'm tackling Faction missions and clean up some properties.

Bernbaum

Towards endgame and I'm convinced that the whole game is a collection of fantastic macro-scale ideas let down by the cumulative impact of the poorly managed micro-game.

- Race markers don't appear until you're within very short proximity.
- Ezio will fly out from ledges at a random angle, much like PoP 2008 yet curiously not a problem with AC2.
- Questionably transport tunnel marker placement.
- Inconsistent enemy behaviour.
- Poorly designed platforming for various Borgia Flags and Feathers.
- Buggy
- Tears like a bitch. AC2 seemed smooth.
- Controls can be unresponsive. Takes 50 years to get a on a fucking horse.
- There is like a one-square-inch area around the animus seat that will enable me to enter it.
- 'Full Synchronization' requirements are woefully inconsistent, occasionally punishing, and unfairly can't be restarted for memories without restarting the whole bloody thing.

Every issue I have with the game is almost negligible, but there's so many of them that they stack to the detriment of the experience. A lot of the game is a lottery - I don't know what to expect each mission and I'm constantly re-starting memories through no fault of my own.

It is still an excellent game, just one that deserved more time in the oven.

Bebpo

Banned
Do assassin recruit missions spawn infinitely? Seems like they do, in which case I should turn the markers off after a certain point to clear up my map. If they do I'm also glad they do because the stupid guards keeping hitting these guys once and knocking them off cliffs half the time >_<

Bernbaum said:
- Ezio will fly out from ledges at a random angle, much like PoP 2008 yet curiously not a problem with AC2.

This has been a problem with AC since the first one. Sometimes you jump in a direction you really don't want. Problem with 8 way platforming at high speeds.

Bebpo said:
Do assassin recruit missions spawn infinitely? Seems like they do, in which case I should turn the markers off after a certain point to clear up my map. If they do I'm also glad they do because the stupid guards keeping hitting these guys once and knocking them off cliffs half the time >_<

This has been a problem with AC since the first one. Sometimes you jump in a direction you really don't want. Problem with 8 way platforming at high speeds.

They only appear when you can recruit, after you have the maximum amount recruited they disappear :D

Ledsen

WHY THE FUCK would they make these huuuuge vertical cliffs all over the fucking map and then PURPOSEFULLY make it so you can't scale them and have to ride around looking for the path up? I just can't fathom who thought that was a good idea... arrrrgh gettin 100% in this game is insanely frustrating because of the many stupid descisions and design flaws... sorry had to vent!

Bernbaum

And finished.

An entertaining effort and worthy vessel to continue the Creed narrative, if somewhat let down by a very long list of very small design flaws. Some parts were gamebreakingly easy (Assassin Recruits), frustrating (Synchronisation challenges), or just plain broken (random insta-fail detection).

It demanded an incredibly high level of patience from me and if I hadn't invested emotional stock in where the overarching story of Assassin's Creed is going and it were just some other game, I may not have spent as much time on it as I did.

It's not the best in the series, but certainly has some of the best assassination set-ups the series has seen. Good to see Ubisoft have really polished that one down.

RiccochetJ said:
I would counter that there is so much more to your simplified version of MP, but I would agree it's not for everyone.

It's all about being the hunter and the hunted at the same time. You always have to be on your guard and searching for someone who is not acting normally be it your target or someone else who is following you. After you level up a bit, it becomes easier to single out who your target is, although it's as easy for your hunter(s) as well if they're the same level as you. You have to adapt.

I love it.

I love it too. It's so intense when you have 2 or 3 pursuers on you at once in Wanted mode. I usually blow my cover and just start booking it at some point because I think my hunters are close, and in those cases I've been right more than wrong. I'm also learning the ridiculous power of the disguise ability. I'm getting better at luring my hunters into civilians. The base mechanics may be simple, but this is a pretty deep game just in terms of the player psychology.

Top Bottom