• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

wow, they weren't kidding when they said this game picks up right after AC2!

Really glad I decided to power through AC2 before jumping into bro-hood SP. Flipping the ACB disc in right after finishing AC2 was one of the more interesting gaming experiences I've had.

gdt

MrCompletely said:
wow, they weren't kidding when they said this game picks up right after AC2!

Really glad I decided to power through AC2 before jumping into bro-hood SP. Flipping the ACB disc in right after finishing AC2 was one of the more interesting gaming experiences I've had.

Reminded me of LOST season finales/premieres. All of the plot threads getting picked up immediately.

gdt

DevelopmentArrested said:
Is there a point of no return?... i feel like im nearing the end but still have some christina missions to do.

Yeah. Sequence 8, I think.

After you make Ezio's sister an Assassin. After that, Ezio and Mach have a conversation about finishing the fight or something. Then the next (and final) mission is in the Castello.

You can do all of those side missions in the postgame, though.

Grisby

Anyone had any game freezes? I've had two but they were only in multiplayer (which is pretty annoying seeing how it can be ages to get into a game sometimes).

Also quick question about the tombs
I'm on sequence 5 and I've only done 3. I imagine the rest will open up before the end?

Grisby said:
Anyone had any game freezes? I've had two but they were only in multiplayer (which is pretty annoying seeing how it can be ages to get into a game sometimes).

Also quick question about the tombs
I'm on sequence 5 and I've only done 3. I imagine the rest will open up before the end?

Yeah they should open up, you need to
complete the aqua duct for one of them

legbone

Is there a point of no return?... i feel like im nearing the end but still have some christina missions to do.

i would wrap things up after sequence seven. that is pretty much the point of no return.

Can someone explain how poison works in multi? I'm still a few levels off getting it and now that I'm facing higher levels I seem to be getting killed by it a few times.

There doesn't seem to be any animation but sometimes I'll see a pursuer pass by but then I die from the poison :lol

iNvid02

DualShadow said:
Can someone explain how poison works in multi? I'm still a few levels off getting it and now that I'm facing higher levels I seem to be getting killed by it a few times.

There doesn't seem to be any animation but sometimes I'll see a pursuer pass by but then I die from the poison :lol

all they need to do is get close enough to you, hold the button i think for a second and your posioned - they can walk away without you ever knowing. make sure no one brushes past you

watch the prowler carefully

rataven

DualShadow said:

Poison's great for points. It's perfect to use when your target is walking directly at you. Keep a low profile but get close enough to touch them. Don't act weird and they'll just think you're a wandering NPC. When you're the one using poison, you'll see your character brush it on your target, but I don't think the target sees anything. You'll get points for using poison, hopefully being incognito, and if you're lucky, hidden. It's pretty fun. And best of all, if you use it successfully, it won't alert anyone who might be pursuing you, unlike other methods of assassination.

iNvidious01 said:
all they need to do is get close enough to you, hold the button i think for a second and your posioned - they can walk away without you ever knowing. make sure no one brushes past you

watch the prowler carefully

Yeah I've seen people brush past me but by then it's to late :lol

rataven said:
Poison's great for points. It's perfect to use when your target is walking directly at you. Keep a low profile but get close enough to touch them. Don't act weird and they'll just think you're a wandering NPC. When you're the one using poison, you'll see your character brush it on your target, but I don't think the target sees anything. You'll get points for using poison, hopefully being incognito, and if you're lucky, hidden. It's pretty fun. And best of all, if you use it successfully, it won't alert anyone who might be pursuing you, unlike other methods of assassination.

Yeah I noticed they always seem to get great points for using it, I think I need 2 or 3 more levels till I unlock it. Also the added benefit of other people not noticing will be awesome. :D

Ledsen

Yeah I think in Sequence 8, when the next mission is to go to the
Vatican Palace in the upper left
. If you do that, you'll have to wait until you finish the game before you can do other stuff.

1stStrike

Banned
Oh man, I forgot how much of a shitty assassin I am. I played a couple rounds online and got destroyed both times (like 3 and 6 or 5 and 7). I am just not stealthy enough.

Also, I kill civilians constantly by mistake.

1stStrike said:
Oh man, I forgot how much of a shitty assassin I am. I played a couple rounds online and got destroyed both times (like 3 and 6 or 5 and 7). I am just not stealthy enough.

Also, I kill civilians constantly by mistake.

I noticed more and more civilian kills as you play better people, that and abilities like morph and such make it even harder. I've learnt some cool moves by being tricked by people though :lol

1stStrike

Banned
The little indicator that's like "HAY THERE'S SOMEONE RIGHT NEXT TO YOU" ruins it IMO. Takes the thrill out of the hunt for me. I was hoping it'd be more like team sneak in MGS4 where you had no fucking idea where they'd come from and actually had to be observant.

1stStrike said:
The little indicator that's like "HAY THERE'S SOMEONE RIGHT NEXT TO YOU" ruins it IMO. Takes the thrill out of the hunt for me. I was hoping it'd be more like team sneak in MGS4 where you had no fucking idea where they'd come from and actually had to be observant.

It would take forever to get a kill with all the NPC's looking the same :lol

People would just blend in and you would rarely get killed. Would be way to hard to spot someone, can be hard enough when there is a bunch of people now.

I know what you're saying though.

TripOpt55

Just finished the game a bit ago. I will try the multi out tomorrow maybe. I have to clean up some singleplayer stuff too. The last level before beating the game was really awesome. Very cool section.

What exactly do you have to do for the trophy about winning max bet at the fights? I was upping my bet, but since there was no max bet button (it didn't seem at least) I didn't know how long I'd be pushing up until it maxed out. Or do you have to just win all the fights. Sorry if it's really obvious I only tried the fighting out for a minute and it's late.

glaurung

TripOpt55 said:
What exactly do you have to do for the trophy about winning max bet at the fights?
That trophy unlocks when you beat the highest tier of fights with a bet of 500f. That is also the highest bet you can have, if I remember correctly.

TripOpt55

glaurung said:
That trophy unlocks when you beat the highest tier of fights with a bet of 500f. That is also the highest bet you can have, if I remember correctly.
Thanks for the info. I'll try and do that one tomorrow.

help!

i'm at a mission where you wear a french uniform and then you get to a series of encounters with guards.... each time a counter starts counting down from 30secs and you have to kill the guards... but every time i kill one i get desynchronised?

what am i missing?

glaurung

NinjaFusion said:
help!

i'm at a mission where you wear a french uniform and then you get to a series of encounters with guards.... each time a counter starts counting down from 30secs and you have to kill the guards... but every time i kill one i get desynchronised?

what am i missing?
Make sure you don't get ahead of your 'entourage' for that mission. Getting separated there causes instant desynchronization.

glaurung said:
Make sure you don't get ahead of your 'entourage' for that mission. Getting separated there causes instant desynchronization.

no... they are near... i dsynchronize whenever i kill a guard... but it says i HAVE to kill the guards and they have red markers to show which ones... if i use my assassins to kill the first set i get past, but then i have nothing to kill the second set with... any other attacked desync's me.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
NinjaFusion said:
help!

what am i missing?

You're not suppose to be detected. That mission is a bitch. If your assassins aren't available, try your crossbow.

Sai

I stayed ahead of my group a bit and called in my Assassin recruits to take care of all opposition as quickly as possible.

Just found out where to get that second Shrunken Head. Never did get that last set of armor in my first playthrough... Didn't complete all the Guild Challenges, or get the Borgia Flags in the Secret Locations either.

I actually tried my best to get 100% synch before I completed AC2, but I got kind of impatient somewhere in the middle of Brotherhood; anxious to see where the story was going. I still got 100% synch in Brotherhood despite not completing some of those tasks, but I'm doing it this time.

creid

Amir0x said:
I totally hit lvl 50. Woo.
About how long did it take you? Between the lengthy matchmaking and disconnects, I feel like I'm going to get frustrated and give up long before I get there.

Pooya

damn, I just found out that I missed something subject16 related
that if you finish puzzles before finishing sequence 7, you get a cutscene in 2012 with Lucy

Is there any place to watch it? youtube anyone? can't find any.

1stStrike said:

You should try advanced wanted, the indicator is much less generous. It basically brings you to the general vicinity, but doesn't have any indication of direction within about 20 meters or height level.

Finished the story. Not super-keen on the last few missions, the game did a fairly bad job explaining how
the Apple
worked. I also kept getting an issue with it where
an enemy would just cower and I couldn't do anything to harm them other than Arrow Storm. Also had a glitch where the Cardinal I was meant to be tailing didn't spawn.

The main story
didn't advance as much as I'd hoped - I was expecting a few more hints.

Overall, I feel the same about ACB as I did about Crackdown 2 - the underlying world is still great, but the mission design could have been better.

Amir0x

Banned
creid said:
About how long did it take you? Between the lengthy matchmaking and disconnects, I feel like I'm going to get frustrated and give up long before I get there.

Game multiplayer time reads about 23 hours. But add around 2 or 3 hours to that easy for all the time spent out of matches/matchmaking horrors.

Grisby

DualShadow said:
Yeah they should open up, you need to
complete the aqua duct for one of them

Follow up question to the tombs.
So I'm on the beginning of sequence 7 and I've repaired all the aqueducts. I've got 5 tombs down. Is there something special I should do to get the last tomb to show up on the map? Or am I just impatient and it will show up in time?

Thanks.

Balphon

Grisby said:
Follow up question to the tombs.
So I'm on the beginning of sequence 7 and I've repaired all the aqueducts. I've got 5 tombs down. Is there something special I should do to get the last tomb to show up on the map? Or am I just impatient and it will show up in time?

Thanks.

It's in an area that'll unlock after you progress a bit more. Specifically,
at the beginning of sequence 8.

Grisby

Balphon said:
It's in an area that'll unlock after you progress a bit more. Specifically,
at the beginning of sequence 8.

Sweet, thanks. Yeah, I'm loving the tombs. Hell, I'm addicted to AC all over again. And here I was thinking at first that this was going to be a small expansion pack (well, when it was first revealed anyways).

Najaf

Dr Zhivago said:
Finished the story. Not super-keen on the last few missions, the game did a fairly bad job explaining how
the Apple
worked. I also kept getting an issue with it where
an enemy would just cower and I couldn't do anything to harm them other than Arrow Storm. Also had a glitch where the Cardinal I was meant to be tailing didn't spawn.

The main story
didn't advance as much as I'd hoped - I was expecting a few more hints.

Overall, I feel the same about ACB as I did about Crackdown 2 - the underlying world is still great, but the mission design could have been better.

The first circle that expands is a stun/make everyone crazy effect. The second circle when using the apple is a kill circle. Hold it long enough to see the second circle expand. The Cardinal thing was annoying, but I found that once I brought up eagle vision and took a lap around those ruins it kicked right into gear.

Finally finished the game after untold hours of play time.

The good:

* Borgia Towers are simply the best open world stealth gameplay I've experienced. There is variety and you can plan out your attacks and execute them in your own style.

* The assassin's guild. Just pure genius.

* The "truth" puzzles. Truly some ingenius and devious stuff. Loved everything but the last "spin the rings" puzzle. It drove me nearly insane. :lol

The bad:

* Everything else. But a special moment of hate goes out to any mission that includes the phrase "Maintain distance to target". Or missions where you can't be detected, even if you gut the one guy that saw you within a moment of being detected. There's too much handholding in the missions, too much linearity, and too many trial and error challenges.

* Shop quests and loot. Why shop quests are limited to the ones near your hideout is puzzling to me. Also, not knowing how to go about getting the particular items meant I was just relying upon chance. And since I didn't know what I would need later on I never sold any of my loot. Just a busted system overall.

I still love the game, but that's in spite of say 90% of the missions.

1stStrike

Banned
I'm in part 4 so far. I'm enjoying the game, but there are a few frustrations for me.

1. The number 16 puzzles. I suck at this kind of shit and they end up taking me 15 - 20 minutes to figure out sometimes. Gets frustrating :|

2. I fell through the map once and couldn't get out of the water so I had to restart.

3. I'm trying to find the last 3 werewolf dude hideouts and I cannot for the life of me locate them, nor do I have any idea on how to get there. The treasure is just chilling there taunting me too.

4. Accuracy of the crossbow. It seems so fucking random. I had a shot lined up perfectly on a dude and missed him 3 times. I wasn't even that far away either - maybe 20 meters. I ended up getting detected and losing 100% sync because my crossbow would not hit him no matter what angle I was at (I was going over wall in a castle so my options were limited). Grr.

5. 100% sync. I fail it most of the time.

Despite the general annoyances, I am still enjoying it and have been glued to it pretty much all day. I definitely won't be doing a 100% run though (I don't care about trophies/achievements).

ZAnimus

Nuclear Winter said:
Is there any way to get Ezio's ACII costume?
Yeah, it's one of the uPlay rewards. It's just a skin, though -- even when wearing it, you'll still have the properties of the armour you're actually wearing, so you'll need to have your armour repaired, etc.

TripOpt55

I tried multiplayer today. I played one match. Got three kills and three deaths which was by far the least of both in the match. I was kind of lost out there. Unfortunately couldn't get into any other matches tonight. Not sure why, but getting into a match was like impossible for me tonight.

Ranger X

1stStrike said:
Raahh, more crossbow rage. It misses stationary targets from 10 feet away with nothing blocking the shot. So fucking annoying!

wuuuut? do you target them?
and do you wait for the aiming/charging to finish?

'cause if you're locked and you wait for full charge, it's 100% hit.

Concept17

So I haven't had the time or money to pick this up, which has been killing me. On top of that I've avoided pretty much all coverage of this game despite the first two games being some of GOTF's. I also love multiplayer games in general.

I may be getting it tomorrow finally. How much will I love this , GAF?

Concept17 said:
So I haven't had the time or money to pick this up, which has been killing me. On top of that I've avoided pretty much all coverage of this game despite the first two games being some of GOTF's. I also love multiplayer.

I may be getting it tomorrow finally. How much will I love this , GAF?

If you loved the first 2, especially the second you will love this.

NZNova

It's pretty tricky to get 100% sync on some of these missions. I have a feeling I'm stuffed because I messed up the sync on
kicking an overseer for the map to one of Leonardo's machines
and the game saved as soon as it happened, and I can't repeat that memory because it wasn't a standalone memory that I can replay. Poo :(

As an aside, when do you get the smoke bomb in single player? I've had tooltips popping up telling me to use smoke bombs but I don't have them yet and can't buy them from anywhere :lol

Yeah, I am loving this. So much so that I have the urge to do everything. Every little side mission, renovation, guild challenge, flag, feather, the works. For me it basically keeps the good bits of two (lots to do, involving world, bonkers story, likeable characters, lairs, subject 16 puzzles, Jesper Kyd score) and adds lots on top. I feel the Borgia Towers, Brotherhood, execution streaks and War Machines (though I like reaching them more than using them) are all great additions, and it's nice that you can now replay missions. Am also quite fond of the 100% synch mechanic, as it forces you to do certain things that you might otherwise not have attempted. Definitely adds a bit of challenge as well. Parachute and crossbow in particular are ace new itemes, the latter is fantastic if you want to play more stealthy.
While you could argue that the best missions are actually the optional ones (Borgia Towers, War Machines, Lairs) I am quite enjoying the story missions as well. To me it seems they give you more choice than the ones in II and I like the variety.

Rome is a great city as well, it looks nice and there's lots to do, but it does have some technical issues that I didn't encounter in II.

Top Bottom