• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

Dreavus

MrCompletely said:
I'm trying to finish up AC2 before I start the SP, I have 11 hours played and I'm in Venice, can anyone estimate how many hours if I focus on story missions till completion?

Just finished the game the other day. Did you just get to Venice or have you been there for a while? IIRC there are about 5 major sequences (with other missions leading up to them) in Venice alone, so if you just got there you still have some time ahead of you.

ShogunX

Would I need to play AC2 before jumping into Brotherhood? Also how is the online in terms of numbers playing and game style?

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Shogun PaiN said:
Would I need to play AC2 before jumping into Brotherhood? Also how is the online in terms of numbers playing and game style?

It helps you understand the story more, but you should play it anyway. One of the best games from last year, worth playing even if you don't care about knowing the story.

Big Chungus

What data would I have to transfer off my PS3 if I want to play at my friends house on his PS3?

I know that I should transfer my game save on to my USB stick, is there anything else?

ShogunX

NinjaFridge said:
It helps you understand the story more, but you should play it anyway. One of the best games from last year, worth playing even if you don't care about knowing the story.

Ok thanks.

jett

D-Member
fna84 said:
What data would I have to transfer off my PS3 if I want to play at my friends house on his PS3?

I know that I should transfer my game save on to my USB stick, is there anything else?

No, just the game save. There are two types of save files AC uses, a system one and another for each of the three save slots. Be sure to save the second one.

Loving this game. I think the biggest improvement over AC2 is getting rid of those obnoxious timed levers in the "dungeon" sequences. Just completed the
abandoned papal residence/basilica
one and damn, it was gorgeous. Glad the game gave me time to enjoy the atmosphere while I was going through it.

Bebpo

Banned
If you don't do sidequests in a sequence do they carryover to the next sequence? Or do you have to replay that sequence to do the sidequests?

Ledsen said:
That fucking aqueduct! I can't get up on it no matter what, and it's so god damn huge and frustrating to ride along for like 5 minutes without results... is there a map that shows places where you can climb it?

There should be a small settlement I believe on the south east portion of the map. There you can find a small building with a ladder that leads to the top of the aqueduct.

I got the 'Knife in the Hart' achievement. After a long session of AC, I had enough and went back to the menu. I saw the uplay and thought why not.

I went to what I unlocked and it did not give me the uplay points for said achievement. Anyone here experienced the same thing? Sorry for asking, I don't come in this thread that often. This game is like drugs. :D

Irish

StickyFingers said:
I got the 'Knife in the Hart' achievement. After a long session of AC, I had enough and went back to the menu. I saw the uplay and thought why not.

I went to what I unlocked and it did not give me the uplay points for said achievement. Anyone here experienced the same thing? Sorry for asking, I don't come in this thread that often. This game is like drugs. :D

Yeah, my Uplay points didn't show up for a while after I had completed the game.

The only I've bought so far is the Armor of Altair and I used leftover AC II points for that. I think I'm going to save my Brotherhood points for AC III.

Bernbaum

I got three Borgia-controlled parts of town that are inaccessible due to 'Memory not found'.

I'm up to memory five - how much longer until the story unlocks those areas?

kylej

Banned
Bernbaum said:
I got three Borgia-controlled parts of town that are inaccessible due to 'Memory not found'.

I'm up to memory five - how much longer until the story unlocks those areas?

Not long.

iNvid02

anyone know the music thats played when your in
the temple of juno, when they see ezio's ghost putting back the apple
its eerily beautiful but it wasnt on the OST

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Damn! I missed all manner of Black Friday sales for this game. Now I can't get myself to pull the trigger for anything over $50! ><

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Holy shit! Just played as the Blacksmith in Manhunt and got a kill where he pushed the victim to the ground and did a jumping butt slam with his sledgehammer to smash their face in...one of the most brutal kills I've seen in a game. :lol

Is there a trick on doing Dual Assassinations in the Single player? I'm capable of doing the double assassination from a ledge (above) but when two guards are standing unaware and I walk between them I always just assassinate one of them. Sometimes it works when I sprint at the two guards standing there to do the jump dual assassination - but doing a low profile double kill is impossible.

I didn't have this big of a problem in AC2. Is there something else I have to do? Like hold Square/X? Or highlight both NPCs?

LiK

Nakiro said:
The whole uplay thing is a bit edgy.. since you can't unlock everything.

UPlay sucks and it's been in beta for a long time. i have a fair amount of points and i dunno what they're for.

Darknessbear said:
Is there a trick on doing Dual Assassinations in the Single player? I'm capable of doing the double assassination from a ledge (above) but when two guards are standing unaware and I walk between them I always just assassinate one of them. Sometimes it works when I sprint at the two guards standing there to do the jump dual assassination - but doing a low profile double kill is impossible.

I didn't have this big of a problem in AC2. Is there something else I have to do? Like hold Square/X? Or highlight both NPCs?

don't lock on and walk in between two guys and Ezio will kill both like he did in AC2. it's dodgy.

Bernbaum

So the last two times I've left the animus, I haven't been able to find Lucy. I've talked to her once outside already, and there's a trail of red leaves in Eagle vision that doesn't lead to anything interesting just yet. Without spoilering too much, should I be looking harder for her?

Also, I got two of the
2012 artifacts
. Are they all available from the get-go, or do they gradually unlock?

Irish said:
Yeah, my Uplay points didn't show up for a while after I had completed the game.

The only I've bought so far is the Armor of Altair and I used leftover AC II points for that. I think I'm going to save my Brotherhood points for AC III.
Yeah, I only bought the outfits and that theme. Don't buy the theme, it's a waste of points since it's NOT a Premium Theme.

And thanks for the heads up about the Uplay thing. Never had a problem until now. Uplay has been there since AC2 and it's still a Beta.

Nemesis_

Bernbaum said:
So the last two times I've left the animus, I haven't been able to find Lucy. I've talked to her once outside already, and there's a trail of red leaves in Eagle vision that doesn't lead to anything interesting just yet. Without spoilering too much, should I be looking harder for her?

Also, I got two of the
2012 artifacts

All ar available but unlock nothing once collected.

jett

D-Member
iNvidious01 said:
anyone know the music thats played when your in
the temple of juno, when they see ezio's ghost putting back the apple
its eerily beautiful but it wasnt on the OST

It's this, I think. Jesper Kyd released it for free on Gamespot.

Bernbaum said:

Also, I got two of the
2012 artifacts

Yeah Lucy disappears during two sequences. I have no idea why or where does she go, it's never explained. It almost seems like a bug. As for the second question, they're all available from the start. It can be a pain to find them all, so let me tell you that you get absolutely nothing for collecting them all.

Nakiro

I think uplay will be in beta all the time. Kinda like gmail.
Yeah, they should give you enough point to get everything with uplay.. otherwise it's a bit lame.
Give a few more challenges so you don't have to pick.

aristotle

jett said:
Yeah Lucy disappears during two sequences. I have no idea why or where does she go, it's never explained. It almost seems like a bug. As for the second question, they're all available from the start. It can be a pain to find them all, so let me tell you that you get absolutely nothing for collecting them all.

Hmmm.... I thought that was how
the Desmond skin was unlocked?
Honestly I have no idea. I just read that somewhere. I haven't beaten the game yet, but I've collected all of those. I have a few empty spots in my outfits list and I'm trying to figure out what 1 or 2 of them are.

These are what I have right now:
Default Cape
Auditore Cape
Borgia Cape
Medici Cape
Venetian Cape
Raiden

Yet I have slots for like 3 more I think. I can't recall exactly.

Note: Those aren't really spoilers, they just skins you can unlock. If you want to be surprised then don't read but it's nothing really, except maybe one of them.

jett

D-Member
aristotle said:
Hmmm.... I thought that was how
the Desmond skin was unlocked?
Honestly I have no idea. I just read that somewhere. I haven't beaten the game yet, but I've collected all of those. I have a few empty spots in my outfits list and I'm trying to figure out what 1 or 2 of them are.

These are what I have right now:
Default Cape
Auditore Cape
Borgia Cape
Medici Cape
Venetian Cape
Raiden

Yet I have slots for like 3 more I think. I can't recall exactly.

Note: Those aren't really spoilers, they just skins you can unlock. If you want to be surprised then don't read but it's nothing really, except maybe one of them.

The
Desmond
skin is unlocked by getting full-sync in Sequence 8.

Bernbaum said:

The red trail leads back to the villa, in case you need to get back quickly. Lucy goes to get some supplies.

aristotle

jett said:
The
Desmond
skin is unlocked by getting full-sync in Sequence 8.

You know right after I posted that, I read that too. Derp@me. I still don't know what the other hidden ones are though. It seems no one has a complete list, unless they're armor you get when you complete certain tasks.
Assassin's Guild challenge I think is one. I'm not sure about the Romulus armor yet since I have one more temple to get.

Phenomic

jett said:
Oh.

That's Echoes of the Roman Ruins, it's in the soundtrack.

Around 20 hours, doing a minimal amount of bonus missions.

This was a great idea I dunno why I didn't think about finding it on YouTube in a walk through. Jett and Lik (or anyone else who was trying to help me find it) the musical score thing I was talking about the other day that sounded like latin or opera singing/chanting is in this video at the 2:54 mark give or take and it cuts in pretty abruptly. I still don't think it's really it's own track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ231tIFebU&feature=related

Anyone that figured out what triggers this or anything about it let me know please. :lol

iNvid02

Phenomic said:
This was a great idea I dunno why I didn't think about finding it on YouTube in a walk through. Jett and Lik (or anyone else who was trying to help me find it) the musical score thing I was talking about the other day that sounded like latin or opera singing/chanting is in this video at the 2:54 mark give or take and it cuts in pretty abruptly. I still don't think it's really it's own track.

Anyone that figured out what triggers this or anything about it let me know please. :lol

most likely its a short piece as background for the dialogue in missions, probably never gonna be able to get something like that

Sai

If I remember correctly, Jesper Kyd has some unreleased tracks on his Facebook page. If you can't find what you want in the soundtrack, might want to check there.

kaskade

My copy from amazon is coming today. I'm annoyed I ordered it wednesday though. I could have got it for 20 bucks. with my 20 dollar credit.

Dartastic

I'm kinda surprised at how difficult it is to find some of the Truth puzzles. I felt like in AC2 it wasn't that hard to actually find them, but here I'm facing some difficulties for sure. Also, is it just me, or does the platforming not feel as tight as in AC2? Also, what's the point of getting out of the Animus?

jett

D-Member
Phenomic said:

It's this: Infiltrating the Borgia Castle. The exact part you want starts at 1:35.

Irish

Unregistered007 said:
Anyone has pictures of

"Doctor Jack-in-the-Box Collectible"

from Collector's Edition.

Amir0x said:
The key broke the second I took it out

CheapCrapACBrotherhood.jpg

ACBrotherhoodKeyBroke.jpg

There you go!

Nakiro

Does anyone actually know why the Doctor is in a mask? Is that something to do with historical accuracy, just design. It's a really odd outfit.

jett

D-Member
Nakiro said:
Does anyone actually know why the Doctor is in a mask? Is that something to do with historical accuracy, just design. It's a really odd outfit.

It's real

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venetian_mask#Medico_Della_Peste_.28The_Plague_Doctor.29

Medico Della Peste (The Plague Doctor)
The Medico Della Peste with its long beak is one of the most bizarre and recognisable of the Venetian masks. The striking design has a macabre history originating from 16th century French physician Charles de Lorme who adopted the mask together with other peculiar sanitary precautions while treating plague victims. Traditionally the full face mask is white consisting of a hollow beak and round eye holes covered with crystal discs creating a bespectacled effect.

Top Bottom