• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

jett said:
You can check your e-mail. Lucy leaves during Sequences 5, 6 and 7 for reasons unknown. Nobody acknowledges she's missing, no one cares when she comes back. Yay for 1 yearlong dev cycles.

Doesn't she say she's going out for supplies?

So its normal that no one will talk to me when I leave the animus during session 6?

Seemed like a bit of a weird glitch to me, but oh well, im not missing much except chit chat. I cant help but think the games glitched and isnt giving me the audio information it should be though, in AC2 Shaun talked a lot to you through the animus, in this game he mentions using Special Sight after ive already used it. :lol

Ledsen

HYDE said:
Quick question, is this game like the ODST of the Assassin's Creed series, or is it an awesome and justified sequel? Please answer yes or no, and then state a quick paragraph why yes or no. Oh, and if you would recommend it at full price or wait for the drop. Oh, and I don't care for the multiplayer, so include that in your weighted opinion. Thanks. :lol

It's as long or longer than AssCreed 2, and is set in a new and HUGE city. It has a number of gameplay improvements, the most important IMO being the new combat combo system (no more waiting around for counters) and the Assassin's Guild system. There are tons and tons of side missions and collectibles (too many IMO). I'd estimate I spent ~25-30 hours with this game and I never even touched the multiplayer. It is still a very similar game to AC2 with all its flaws (repetitive missions, useless collectibles, stiff controls, too much filler content) basically intact, so if it's worth full price or not depends entirely on whether you're tired of the formula or not. Content-wise it's definitely a sequel.

Ledsen said:
It's as long or longer than AssCreed 2, and is set in a new and HUGE city. It has a number of gameplay improvements, the most important IMO being the new combat combo system (no more waiting around for counters) and the Assassin's Guild system. There are tons and tons of side missions and collectibles (too many IMO). I'd estimate I spent ~25-30 hours with this game and I never even touched the multiplayer. It is still a very similar game to AC2 with all its flaws basically intact, so if it's worth full price or not depends entirely on whether you're tired of the formula or not. Content-wise it's definitely a sequel.

I love the game, but I think this post is a bit overexaggerated. The main storyline seems a lot shorter and much more linear this time around. Im about halfway through the game and can only really think of 1 big assassination mission ive done. Sure some of the missions are epic, but I want to assassinate people in interesting set peices.

Theres a WHOLE load of side stuff to do, and thats where I feel the meat of the game is. The Borgia towers alone give me the freedom to approach a situation, scope it out and then go for the perfect assassination - and I love that. Some of the side stuff like collecting feathers is just fluff though.

So while theres a lot of worthwhile content its certainly not as long as AC2. Then again that doesnt matter, AC2 was an amazing game, this is simply just a great game - and I still recommend the purchase.

I must say, that I do miss the Assassin Lairs from AC2, the Romulus lairs dont have the same charm. There was something epic about going through the inside of a beutiful famous attractuon that just cant be replicated in a gritty dirty dungeon. Its an aesthetic thing, but perception is 50% of whats fun in video games.

1stStrike

Banned
Dr Zhivago said:
Doesn't she say she's going out for supplies?

At one point in the game she does go out for supplies, and then at another point you'll find her outside and she'll have a quick heart to heart with Desmond.

Also, anyone else figure out that red trail outside that led in? Red trails generally insinuate something/someone bad, so was that supposed to be
showing that Lucy was somehow 'bad' based on the ending and what not?

bigcappy

Neo Member
Loving the multiplayer for this game. For the whole year my thoughts were "Meh" how fun can it be.

But last night I finally got the morph ability. Morphed a group on, jumped in a haystack and for about a minute and half I had 3 out of the 4 enemies knifing any avatar that looked like me in sight. I was laughing so hard as these guys went out of their mind trying to find me...

1stStrike

Banned
bigcappy said:
Loving the multiplayer for this game. For the whole year my thoughts were "Meh" how fun can it be.

But last night I finally got the morph ability. Morphed a group on, jumped in a haystack and for about a minute and half I had 3 out of the 4 enemies knifing any avatar that looked like me in sight. I was laughing so hard as these guys went out of their mind trying to find me...

Ah, welcome to the fun. The morph ability is also a great tool for discovering who is the real one too - you get into a group, morph them, and whoever isn't morphed is your guy :D

The haystack is hit or miss. Sometimes it works, but a lot of people tend to check haystacks first. It also depends on how cooperative the NPC's are. I got in one once after morphing a group, and they all walked away. I was like "fuuuuuck"

Pooya

1stStrike said:
At one point in the game she does go out for supplies, and then at another point you'll find her outside and she'll have a quick heart to heart with Desmond.

Also, anyone else figure out that red trail outside that led in? Red trails generally insinuate something/someone bad, so was that supposed to be
showing that Lucy was somehow 'bad' based on the ending and what not?
The trails starts (ends?) from that Assassin logo and ends near the entrance to the sanctuary, at first I thought it is there so player can find the entrance easily :p . It's not red, it's blood, like subject 16's signs on the wall in Abstergo, Desmond can see blood in Eagle Vision. I'm still not believing
that Lucy is a Templar judging by the Machiavelli's plot in the game or that she is dead but this animus in animus crap is so looking to be true and I hate that :\

I'm not sure that the trail was there from beginning or it appeared after a sequence, I'm pretty sure I saw it first time I got out which was after finishing sequence 2 IIRC.

1stStrike

Banned
miladesn said:
The trails starts (ends?) from that Assassin logo and ends near the entrance to the sanctuary, at first I thought it is there so player can find the entrance easily :p . It's not red, it's blood, like subject 16's signs on the wall in Abstergo, Desmond can see blood in Eagle Vision. I'm still not believing
that Lucy is a Templar judging by the Machiavelli's plot in the game or that she is dead but this animus in animus crap is so looking to be true and I hate that :\

Ah, I see.
If Lucy really was dead I'd be just like :O but I'm not sure. Also, based on the ending, I think it may be an animus within an animus too at this point - unless they can somehow explain where those two guys game from at the end that were speaking in the credits

But, yeah, that trail leads all the way up, so either someone is dead and has been replaced, or there's something else going on.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
1stStrike said:
Ah, welcome to the fun. The morph ability is also a great tool for discovering who is the real one too - you get into a group, morph them, and whoever isn't morphed is your guy :D

The haystack is hit or miss. Sometimes it works, but a lot of people tend to check haystacks first. It also depends on how cooperative the NPC's are. I got in one once after morphing a group, and they all walked away. I was like "fuuuuuck"

Haystack + decoy = hilarity. Even if it isn't the most effective, it's worth it when you see the entire team go after your decoy.

I kind of feel people are thinking too much into the last dialogue in the game:
"He's going into shock!" "put him back into the animus"

It just sounds like to me the developers went, "OH SHIT how do we let them go back and play everything? I dunno we have to ship this game soon... hey, let's just run into the sound booth and make some shit up."

bigcappy

Neo Member
I may add Morph to my "kill class" but firecrackers seem to be working fine right now while I'm in the teen levels.

I understand haystack can be hit or miss, esp since you can essentially check it without any penalty. But once I do the haystack once, then I stand in a group near a haystack and watch the craziness continue.

Had the same thing happen to me once, where the entire group walked away. Made me feel naked...

Pooya

New Patch is up:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/9871010798?r=1571040798#1571040798
Notes:

ACB PATCH v1.02 NOTES:

SINGLE-PLAYER

General Stability Improvements.

Tunnel Fast-Travel Bug - Using the Tunnel before being shown how by Machiavelli no longer results in immediate desynch.

Subject 16 Completion Bug - You will be able to re-enter the Animus after completing the Subject 16 puzzles.

Invisible Crowd in Sequence 5 - The crowd around Micheletto during the play no longer contains invisible people.

Red Room Stuck - Ezio will not remain stuck in the Red Room when accessing a cluster from The Truth.

MULTIPLAYER

General Matchmaking Improvements - Certain crashes and infinite loading loops eradicated in this patch.

Extensive Refinement and Tweaking - Bonus scores altered (Coop bonuses divided by 2), pursuers must wait longer if their target is in the process of killing their own target, improvements to spawn point selection in team games.

Wrong Information - End Game page will no longer show inaccurate match information.
8-Player Private Groups - You will always be able to invite up to 8 players to a private group.

Please do not worry if you see an error that you reported has not been addressed, all are being reported and the team will continue to work tirelessly to repair any persisting problems.

Looks like they patched subject 16 animus glitch, now I want to play the game again and see if there are any dialog with Lucy or not :/ .

iNvid02

so i went back to AC1 for a while, so weird i just couldn't play it. Makes you realize how big of a step up AC2 was :lol

1stStrike

Banned
Here's a couple of screenshots from AC1 and AC2 if you want to compare:

AC1:

acc1m.png

AC2:

ac22222.png

Jhoan

iNvidious01 said:
so i went back to AC1 for a while, so weird i just couldn't play it. Makes you realize how big of a step up AC2 was :lol

Yeah, I went back to AC2 yesterday to collect a few more feathers and and then I got into a fight and realized how much I miss instantly killing everybody off one huge combo and the crossbow and not to mention that the hud is in your face in AC2 but I do miss messing around Venice and Forli. I was thinking of popping in AC1 for the hell of it to see how much it's changed, may do that soon.

So I played about five hours of MP yesterday and I finally learned to appreciate it and enjoy it. After getting Morph and Templar Vision (so far it works like a charm and I haven't gotten caught, but I'm not gonna try to rely on it too much), the game's opened up and it's great. I got into a match where people were finally talking (I was talking to 1 person from Arizona on my team and another dude on the other after the game, but still) and matches are a lot more enjoyable when people talk and we won some and lost some, but it was great. It goes to show that playing with strangers isn't as bad as it seems and I've talked to and befriended some cool people playing on XBL. In one match, I was blended in a crowd of strangers and 3 pursuers couldn't find me for a full minute and change. :lol

I was also playing with a bunch of mid level 40s- 50 players, and learned what combos they use (poison, knives + pistol, morph, charge) and what strategies they use, so that was pretty fun learning experience and I finally understand that the player who attacks wins over the player who stuns, plus what color people who use TV are. I'm still waiting on a meet up on the 360, so if anyone's up for it, I'll be down to play and my GT's in my profile and in the MP thread.

Najaf

1stStrike said:
Ah, I see. If Lucy really was dead I'd be just like :O but I'm not sure. Also, based on the ending, I think it may be an animus within an animus too at this point - unless they can somehow explain where those two guys game from at the end that were speaking in the credits

But, yeah, that trail leads all the way up, so either someone is dead and has been replaced, or there's something else going on.

Maybe you should extend the spoiler brackets like I did here.

ZephyrFate said:
AC1 may have somewhat better character models, but AC2 has a better looking world, and Brotherhood looks better than both.
It actually doesn't. Maybe in terms of the art - but the graphics/fidelity is much better in AC1. Plus there is no screen tearing, fps dropping and the popin is minimal. Character models/animation are best in Brotherhood though.

jett

D-Member
Darknessbear said:
It's also surprising how much better that graphics are in AC1. :D

It's not that they are better, they're also different. AC1 has a much more realistic look to it, especially the character models, which border on cartoonish in AC2 and ACB. Textures might also be higher quality, but it's worth pointing out that Florence and Venice are much bigger and more varied than the cities in AC1, especially vertically. :p

jett said:
It's not that they are better, they're also different. AC1 has a much more realistic look to it, especially the character models, which border on cartoonish in AC2 and ACB. Textures might also be higher quality, but it's worth pointing out that Florence and Venice are much bigger and more varied than the cities in AC1, especially vertically. :p
I Agree with that. But it's lacking the polish AC1 had - which I hope they can achieve with AC3.

Najaf

So, did the developers expect anyone to get all co-op challenges in one session legitimately? At first I thought it meant in one logged in session of gaming. A buddy and I made it through one or two challenges per match. Then I read up on the achievement and realized they meant in one game. Who's idea was this?

Also, getting all bonuses at least once is in the same league of absurdity. Perform a triple escape? So I need to be in first place to get three people hunting me, then I need to get all of them chasing me at the same time, and then escape? GTFO.

I'm not into boosting, so I guess these are two I will never get.

Jipan said:
Yeah, I went back to AC2 yesterday to collect a few more feathers and and then I got into a fight and realized how much I miss instantly killing everybody off one huge combo and the crossbow and not to mention that the hud is in your face in AC2 but I do miss messing around Venice and Forli. I was thinking of popping in AC1 for the hell of it to see how much it's changed, may do that soon.

So I played about five hours of MP yesterday and I finally learned to appreciate it and enjoy it. After getting Morph and Templar Vision (so far it works like a charm and I haven't gotten caught, but I'm not gonna try to rely on it too much), the game's opened up and it's great. I got into a match where people were finally talking (I was talking to 1 person from Arizona on my team and another dude on the other after the game, but still) and matches are a lot more enjoyable when people talk and we won some and lost some, but it was great. It goes to show that playing with strangers isn't as bad as it seems and I've talked to and befriended some cool people playing on XBL. In one match, I was blended in a crowd of strangers and 3 pursuers couldn't find me for a full minute and change. :lol

I was also playing with a bunch of mid level 40s- 50 players, and learned what combos they use (poison, knives + pistol, morph, charge) and what strategies they use, so that was pretty fun learning experience and I finally understand that the player who attacks wins over the player who stuns, plus what color people who use TV are. I'm still waiting on a meet up on the 360, so if anyone's up for it, I'll be down to play and my GT's in my profile and in the MP thread.

I may add you, im kinda addicted to the single player at the moment, but ive played a fair bit of multiplayer and have to say I would probably enjoy it more with people.

I have just done a pretty crappy Borgia tower,
normally I try and stealth these, but with this one that seemed IMPOSSIBLE. Theres literally a million guard patrols on the floor and a bunch of archers on the roofs. Its impossible to take out the archers because your literally exposing yourself to the guys on the floor every time you move. I try and avoid using the crossbow because I find it makes the game a little too easy, but I had to use that, and still got spotted! So I just called in my entire posse to clean up.

Did anyone manage to do the bottom right Borgia tower stealthily?

Gileadxv

Banned
What has just absolutely astounded me are the sheer number of execution animations in this game! Even having completely beaten the game, I'm still finding new ways to terrorize the Roman guards.

Najaf said:
So, did the developers expect anyone to get all co-op challenges in one session legitimately? At first I thought it meant in one logged in session of gaming. A buddy and I made it through one or two challenges per match. Then I read up on the achievement and realized they meant in one game. Who's idea was this?

Also, getting all bonuses at least once is in the same league of absurdity. Perform a triple escape? So I need to be in first place to get three people hunting me, then I need to get all of them chasing me at the same time, and then escape? GTFO.

Yea they are basically asking you to make groups to boost in.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Najaf said:

Triple Escape is actually not that hard to get. I know I've gotten it several times in Manhunt when I spot a pursuer tailing me and I bail out only to find out everyone was on me. Just got to have Fast Getaway equipped and you have to pass a couple of chase breakers to successfully escape.

The Co-Op bonuses are ridiculously hard to get though because most people online rarely lock on, especially when the target is the pursuer. Co-Op Kill, Multi Kill, and Knockout are pretty easy to get in a full game of Manhunt; it's Co-Op Stun, Diversion, and Rescue that require a coordinated team to achieve it in the same match.

Papercuts

Killthee said:
Triple Escape is actually not that hard to get. I know I've gotten it several times in Manhunt when I spot a pursuer tailing me and I bail out only to find out everyone was on me. Just got to have Fast Getaway equipped and you have to pass a couple of chase breakers to successfully escape.

The Co-Op bonuses are ridiculously hard to get though because most people online rarely lock on, especially when the target is the pursuer. Co-Op Kill, Multi Kill, and Knockout are pretty easy to get in a full game of Manhunt; it's Co-Op Stun, Diversion, and Rescue that require a coordinated team to achieve it in the same match.

Yeah, locking on a target before you kill them is a great habit to start doing. Even if you don't get the kill, you get a +100 bonus. I got the co-op bonuses legitimately in one match out of sheer luck pretty much, but I played in a group of 4 that all used lock on constantly.

I'm sorry never dying in a game is impossible.

Employee of the Month achievement will never happen unless you get with a group of friends. Or if they make a game type that lasts 30 minutes

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Papercuts said:
Yeah, locking on a target before you kill them is a great habit to start doing. Even if you don't get the kill, you get a +100 bonus. I got the co-op bonuses legitimately in one match out of sheer luck pretty much, but I played in a group of 4 that all used lock on constantly.
Unfortunately the latest patch reduced the bonus down to 50 for some dumb reason.

Papercuts

Darknessbear said:

Employee of the Month achievement will never happen unless you get with a group of friends. Or if they make a game type that lasts 30 minutes

This is the main thing that pisses me off about the gun. I've had matches in manhunt where I've only died once or twice, and it's always because of that.

Killthee said:
Unfortunately the latest patch reduced the bonus down to 50 for some dumb reason.

Yeah, I saw. =(

Still a good thing to keep doing though.

1stStrike

Banned
So, I hit level 31 tonight. The matchmaking is a bit better, but it's still crappy. Had a few games get stuck on me tonight and had to go back to the menu and restart.

I tried out poison for 5 games and wow is the range fucking short on that. I was practically up this dudes ass and the game was like "you need to get closer". I managed to get 1 kill with poison in that entire time. Every time I tried 1 of 2 things happened.

1. I poison someone and then a team mate runs around the corner and jumps on their face. Great, there goes the 600 - 800 points I would've just gotten our team with that.

2. I narrow down who's who and try to approach them, but they throw a smoke bomb down and then stun me and run off :|

I'm just sticking with charge. I rarely miss with that and it's a guaranteed kill most of the time.

It seems like most everyone has the same tactics though in MP now. Morph and smoke bomb when someone approaches, and then TV and some other random skill for attacking. 9 times out of 10 the people using TV just pop it from behind you and then sprint at you - so it's easy to counter. There are some that are fucking on point though - they run at you, then right before getting in range they back track. I usually toss my smoke bomb down at that point and they'll be out of range so I'm like "oh fuck" and have to run.

ultron87

Beat it. Loved the game.

Only complaint about the last act,
the missions where you had to use the Apple were dreadful. And it's really sad that that is the last time you get to use your guild. I would have loved to fight sword by sword with all of them one last time. Instead I had to mind a stupid AOE attack.

1stStrike said:
So, I hit level 31 tonight. The matchmaking is a bit better, but it's still crappy. Had a few games get stuck on me tonight and had to go back to the menu and restart.

I tried out poison for 5 games and wow is the range fucking short on that. I was practically up this dudes ass and the game was like "you need to get closer". I managed to get 1 kill with poison in that entire time. Every time I tried 1 of 2 things happened.

1. I poison someone and then a team mate runs around the corner and jumps on their face. Great, there goes the 600 - 800 points I would've just gotten our team with that.

2. I narrow down who's who and try to approach them, but they throw a smoke bomb down and then stun me and run off :|

I'm just sticking with charge. I rarely miss with that and it's a guaranteed kill most of the time.

It seems like most everyone has the same tactics though in MP now. Morph and smoke bomb when someone approaches, and then TV and some other random skill for attacking. 9 times out of 10 the people using TV just pop it from behind you and then sprint at you - so it's easy to counter. There are some that are fucking on point though - they run at you, then right before getting in range they back track. I usually toss my smoke bomb down at that point and they'll be out of range so I'm like "oh fuck" and have to run.

I was pursuing someone when they did this and I just stood outside the smoke and they just stood there not knowing what to do :lol

With poison I found its best to use if your approaching your target from the front and just brush past them, from behind or if they running is much harder to pull off.

1stStrike

Banned
DualShadow said:
I was pursuing someone when they did this and I just stood outside the smoke and they just stood there not knowing what to do :lol

With poison I found its best to use if your approaching your target from the front and just brush past them, from behind or if they running is much harder to pull off.

Yeah, some people don't connect failure of a smoke bomb to having to run or act. I either run away, or if it's just one I sometimes try for the stun. It's 50/50, but the problem with the stun is even if you initiate it first, they can still kill you, so it's usually safer to just run away.

And, yeah, I totally understand that, but with everyone I usually end up playing with they're all running like crazy around the god damn map and I can't take it slow and easy, which is pretty much required with poison since you need to line up your shot and pass by your target in a crowd or something.

I've wanted to put my mic on and just start cussing my team out many times before. I really need some gaffers to play with on PS3 :|

Papercuts

1stStrike said:
Yeah, some people don't connect failure of a smoke bomb to having to run or act. I either run away, or if it's just one I sometimes try for the stun. It's 50/50, but the problem with the stun is even if you initiate it first, they can still kill you, so it's usually safer to just run away.

And, yeah, I totally understand that, but with everyone I usually end up playing with they're all running like crazy around the god damn map and I can't take it slow and easy, which is pretty much required with poison since you need to line up your shot and pass by your target in a crowd or something.

I've wanted to put my mic on and just start cussing my team out many times before. I really need some gaffers to play with on PS3 :|

You're in manhunt, right? Flip through the targets and you can see blue triangles for how many teammates are going after a specific person. There's typically always atleast one person you can go after by yourself, those are the easiest to poison.

1stStrike

Banned
Papercuts said:
You're in manhunt, right? Flip through the targets and you can see blue triangles for how many teammates are going after a specific person. There's typically always atleast one person you can go after by yourself, those are the easiest to poison.

Yeah, I actually go for the secondary targets most of the time, but I've been playing with/against some shitty teams tonight. Also, I quit out of a game after it ended and tried to join another manhunt game. 3 times in a row it brought me back to the same game =\ If you quit out of a game it shouldn't bring you back to it when you go back to the matchmaking screen. Grr.

Papercuts

1stStrike said:
Yeah, I actually go for the secondary targets most of the time, but I've been playing with/against some shitty teams tonight. Also, I quit out of a game after it ended and tried to join another manhunt game. 3 times in a row it brought me back to the same game =\ If you quit out of a game it shouldn't bring you back to it when you go back to the matchmaking screen. Grr.

Yeah, maybe you just got unlucky...sucks. I'd also recommend trying poison with disguise, but you have to be pretty good at using the compass to get the right target.

Ran in to a hilarious glitch today.

I wanted to finish up the assassin chalk board, so I decided to start a fight with some guards and call in my recruits. So I go behind one and stab him with the dual hidden blades. None of the other guards react. Then the guard I stabbed gets up.

I try again and Ezio shoves both blades through his armor. He gets back up.

I try the sword and break his neck several times. He gets back up and just looks at me.

I keep trying different weapons, poisons, guns, etc. He just gets up and looks at me.

I try calling in an assassin-level recruit, who throws a few throwing knives at him from behind a tree. He turns to her, having not fallen down, and the game freezes with a loud "BZZZZZZZZZZT"

So, there's two possibilities here:

Either my copy of the game is haunted or this game is rushed as fuck. Or both.

Balphon

Darknessbear said:

I ended up getting the Untouchable bonus a few times from joining half-finished games of Manhunt. Hard to die when the other team can't kill you.

Extreme Variety, however, seems like it'll be a headache.

1stStrike

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
Ran in to a hilarious glitch today.

I wanted to finish up the assassin chalk board, so I decided to start a fight with some guards and call in my recruits. So I go behind one and stab him with the dual hidden blades. None of the other guards react. Then the guard I stabbed gets up.

I try again and Ezio shoves both blades through his armor. He gets back up.

I try the sword and break his neck several times. He gets back up and just looks at me.

I keep trying different weapons, poisons, guns, etc. He just gets up and looks at me.

I try calling in an assassin-level recruit, who throws a few throwing knives at him from behind a tree. He turns to her, having not fallen down, and the game freezes with a loud "BZZZZZZZZZZT"

So, there's two possibilities here:

Either my copy of the game is haunted or this game is rushed as fuck. Or both.

Haha, I ran into something like that once with a banker. I dropped down, intending to grab cash from the bank, and hit square instead. Ezio stabs the banker like 5 times with his hidden blades, and he dies. I'm like "oh shit, I killed the banker!"

And then he stands back up like nothing happened :D

Top Bottom