• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

Spwn

parasight said:
I've actually done this a few times, and still don't have All Co-op Bonus and All Bonus achievements. Those seem like the toughest, IMO.

Missing those two too, and the lvl50 achievement of course. I'm level 19 myself now and I've played about 35% of the story. Really enjoying the game. The new mechanics make it even more awesome than it's predecessor. The multiplayer is quite enjoyable and I like the fact that the matches don't last too long.

Davedough

Finally beat the game last night. I dont understand all the bitching about the final platforming. I found it just as easy to navigate as any of the other platforming dungeons. I took the long way to the finale and got all the Borgia towers as early as I could, found all the glyphs as early as I could, did the guild challenges, rebuilt Rome, etc etc and then finally beat the game. 32 hours logged.

One question remains for me though. In the end
Juno talks about there being "her" and Desmond needs to find her in order to complete his path. Its pretty obvious that "her" is actually the Eve descendant of the Subject 16 files, but does anyone think this could be any type of a hint towards the character of AC3 might actually be a female assassin? There was that strange Ubisoft blog drawing of a Japanese female assassin type kneeling over a slain guard in the snow. Any correlation to that?

rataven

daw840 said:
Without spoiling much, can anyone tell me what the achievements are that can be missed?
There are two. But they are hard to miss. I'll try not to spoiler too much - you just need to leave the Animus at some point during the main memory sequences but before you finish sequence 8. And then roam around once you're out of it. Keep your eyes open for stuff.

NeoUltima

MrCompletely said:
Got the achievement for taking first place in the final 10 seconds of a match! I thought I would never get that, but actually stunned my pursuer with 2 seconds to go, leaped into 1st by 100 points! Cheevo unlocked!

I considered this to be the hardest in the game!
I've been so close a few times. Once I was behind my target and literally just pressed the assassinate button when my pursuer ran up and killed me. Quite a "FFFFFFFFFFF" moment.

parasight

Just had one of the funniest games yet. Won the match scoring just 1 kill. I must've been playing with newbies or something, because they were awful. I finally got the Untouchable challenge completed. Now I think I just need Extreme Variety or something to get the achievement.

j-wood

How is the multiplayer community for this? How big is it?

I got the game for christmas, but I've been working on finishing call of duty first. I will be getting into this very soon though.

cantona222

Guys, I beat AC1 & AC2, and I'm kinda burned out on the game's gameplay style. So I still didn't try AC:B. My question is, If AC3 is released and I play it, do you think I'll miss out on the story told in AC:B?

cantona222 said:
Guys, I beat AC1 & AC2, and I'm kinda burned out on the game's gameplay style. So I still didn't try AC:B. My question is, If AC3 is released and I play it, do you think I'll miss out on the story told in AC:B?
AC:B is AC3 basically, plus its a great game with a tonne of stuff to do and you have multiplayer added which is great fun (when you arent having a hard time connecting to a match) so i would say either take a break form the series or just go with Brotherhood.

On a sidenote looking forward to getting the Animus 2.0 when i get home, hopefully give the community a small boost (even though a lot still do play).

Sorry for the double post but just read this about the new rank system that people may have noticed since the last update and thought people would want to know:

"Last but definitely not least, Ubisoft is introducing a new feature called 'Templar Score'. Each week, players will be split into ten different categories, 'Templar Grades', depending on how successful they have been. Rewards will given out, possibly in the form of bonus upgrades or maybe even new character models. While you're downloading the new content, take a look at this trailer showcasing more of what you already love."

Sounds good, glad to see Ubi doing a lot for the online portion of AC, free maps and match modes ect.

MjFrancis

I played through Assassin's Creed and most of AC2 since beating the single player in Brotherhood, and there's little question that the visual design in Brotherhood has been the weakest in the series. The game mechanics are certainly better and more advanced, but the visual aesthetics are phoned in by comparison. Even the first AC has more visual charisma, though AC2 has proven to be the strongest of the series.

I'm considering jumping back into the MP after beating AC2, but we'll see. I probably have another 20 hours to level 50, but it appears Ubisoft has been adding plenty of stuff for me to do in the meantime.

parasight

Dirtyshubb said:
Sorry for the double post but just read this about the new rank system that people may have noticed since the last update and thought people would want to know:

"Last but definitely not least, Ubisoft is introducing a new feature called 'Templar Score'. Each week, players will be split into ten different categories, 'Templar Grades', depending on how successful they have been. Rewards will given out, possibly in the form of bonus upgrades or maybe even new character models. While you're downloading the new content, take a look at this trailer showcasing more of what you already love."

Sounds good, glad to see Ubi doing a lot for the online portion of AC, free maps and match modes ect.

Neat. I'm half a level away from 50 so more incentive to play is always good. Can't wait to get home from class to try out the new mode.

dralla

cantona222 said:
yes, big stuff happens. I don't know how they're going to explain it for people who passed on it.

I just finished AC2 and AC1 b2b, Venice in AC2 has to be the best city in an open world game ever. fuck it is awesome.

Nelo Ice

Banned
is it just me or does anyone else keep getting the "animus project 1.0/2.0 update has been corrupted and will be ignored" my hds fine and ive redownloaded them yet the game keeps saying theyre corrupted

daw840

Soooooo, in single player does anyone else feel like the
arrow storm
is like a cheat code? lol

Not really a spoiler, but I put it there anyways.

Zachack

cantona222 said:
It's possible that the Ezio part of ACB won't be too important in AC3 but the Desmond part most certainly will be.
daw840 said:
cheat code
In a way, but the use was limited just enough that I didn't use it nearly as much as I used my Bro-Call.

Bebpo

Banned
Nothing happens in the Desmond part though outside of the ending which he can just Youtube.

The story in B was just a giant piece of ezio filler to string together a mission pack in a new city imo.

Zachack

Bebpo said:
Nothing happens in the Desmond part though outside of the ending which he can just Youtube.
Er, it directly picks up from the cliffhanger ending of AC2. The emails also likely contained early plot elements from AC3.
The story in B was just a giant piece of ezio filler to string together a mission pack in a new city imo.
I could make a strong argument that AC2 was the Ezio filler. At least ACB explained how there's still a Brotherhood to oppose the Templars and how the Brotherhood remained a credible threat over time (since they apparently own most of Rome).

Pennybags

What the fuck?

Apparently the multiplayer only allows one of the "Animus updates" to be selected at a time.

You may play either Mont St. Michel or Pienza, but not both.

Really?

Pennybags said:
What the fuck?

Apparently the multiplayer only allows one of the "Animus updates" to be selected at a time.

You may play either Mont. St. Michel or Pienza, but not both.

Really?

Wait what? I dont get it...

I kinda regret trading this in but for $32 amazon credit and since i got it from goozex i had too :(

loved the multiplayer even though i was so terrible, needed more modes but whatever

didn't beat the single player cause i got pretty bored but overall it was a good game.

Pennybags

xKilltheMx said:
Wait what? I dont get it...

In the multiplayer interface, there is an option titled "Downloadable Content", with three "Animus Update enabled" On/Off settings.

If I set Pienza to be "On", Mont St. Michel is automatically "Off" (and vice versa).

rataven

Pennybags said:
In the multiplayer interface, there is an option titled "Downloadable Content", with three "Animus Update enabled" On/Off settings.

If I set Pienza to be "On", Mont St. Michel is automatically "Off" (and vice versa).
I think it just applies to the map. I have it set to Pienza but Advanced Alliance is still a selectable mode, as is Chest Capture. Easy choice for me though. Pienza's so pretty.

EDIT: just noticed that Animus Update 2.0 also contains Advanced Alliance. Weird. So if you choose 2.0, it pretty much overrides 1.0 and you lose a map in the process.

rataven said:
I think it just applies to the map. I have it set to Pienza but Advanced Alliance is still a selectable mode, as is Chest Capture. Easy choice for me though. Pienza's so pretty.

EDIT: just noticed that Animus Update 2.0 also contains Advanced Alliance. Weird. So if you choose 2.0, it pretty much overrides 1.0 and you lose a map in the process.

That's gotta be a bug, right?

I mean, Mont St Michel was a pretty frustrating map, so it's not the end of the world, but that just seems bizarre.

Charles

Ok, every time I log on, I discover that my profile sets are gone...it's very annoying, has it happened to anyone else?

PS3 btw

Nelo Ice

Banned
finally beat the single player and damn that ending really was WTF

anyway going back to play multi but is there any freaking fix for the dlc corrupted issue?!

i looked around on the ubisoft forums and it looks like only me and 2 other ppl cant play the dlc flkjadfljadf

on 360 btw

edit;theyre working again for now...

also wtf how is everyone able to poison me even though i mute or smoke them 1st?!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
There is so much to do in this game, it's awesome. I've only just met up with Leonardo (for some reason I can't access the section of the map where the first war machine and next core memory are?), but I've been doing all the available side missions, guild rank quests, etc. I'd say I've put at least 35~40'ish hours into this game already.

Edit: Checked the save before starting LBP2. Just under 51 hours. :eek:

dk_

I know, I'm late to the party, but is the 360 framerate as bad as the PS3 framerate? The sp is barely playable! :-/

Rikyfree

dk_ said:
I know, I'm late to the party, but is the 360 framerate as bad as the PS3 framerate? The sp is barely playable! :-/
I know. It's like a step down from AC2's framerate, but I love it so much I have to forgive a little.

Papa

Banned
As much as I like the multiplayer, it's pretty bloody frustrating having to wait 30 minutes just to find a game. On a Friday night too, mind you.

njean777

Ok I got all six Romulus key now where is the armor? Do I go to a shop or do I need to find another lair I have a yellow wolf marker on my map is that where I go?

DaBuddaDa

njean777 said:
Ok I got all six Romulus key now where is the armor? Do I go to a shop or do I need to find another lair I have a yellow wolf marker on my map is that where I go?
You got it. It's underground.

Nelo Ice

Banned
njean777 said:

yep go to the yellow marker

j-wood

Just have to say, I love the multi-player in this game.

I need to get better at avoiding assassins' though...any tips?

I do just fine at hiding and stalking someone, often getting 400+ point kills.

But I find it pretty difficult to avoid the person hunting you. For instance,

1. How do you get a red marker appear over their head so you know that is who is coming after you?

2. Once that happens, does that mean the person hunting you has already seen you and it doesn't matter if you are hidden?

cantona222 said:

No, the whole point of Brotherhood is to see where Ezio hid the apple, which is incredibly drawn out and could've easily been inserted into the end of AC2. If I were you I'd just read a synopsis of the ending.

Charles said:
Ok, every time I log on, I discover that my profile sets are gone...it's very annoying, has it happened to anyone else?

PS3 btw
It happened to me a few days ago (360 version here). It's pretty annoying when you have everything set up just right.

Also, I love the multiplayer when I'm not waiting 10-30 minutes to start a game.

rataven

j-wood said:
Listen for the whispers. As your pursuer gets closer, they'll get louder. You can then pan the camera around scoping for someone who just doesn't seem to be acting right. Drop a smoke bomb/mute for a stun, or blend into a crowd, or use a chase breaker, etc.

I don't know how or why some pursuers get marked with the red triangle. I always assumed it meant they were in high profile when they entered my line of vision, but that's just a guess.

j-wood said:
Just have to say, I love the multi-player in this game.

I do just fine at hiding and stalking someone, often getting 400+ point kills.

But I find it pretty difficult to avoid the person hunting you. For instance,

1. How do you get a red marker appear over their head so you know that is who is coming after you?

2. Once that happens, does that mean the person hunting you has already seen you and it doesn't matter if you are hidden?

1. I think the red marker appears if that person runs down their stealth meter below 'silent' while in your line of site. Basically, if that person runs too close to you. Too close can be pretty far. I'm not entirely sure what triggers it though.

2. No, it doesn't mean that your pursuer knows who you are.

In general, I think it takes practice and experience to be able to identify your pursuer. When I hear the whispers (and I'm using a turtle beach surround headset, which helps alot), I instantly go into defensive mode, even if my target is very close; this is probably my best recommendation - when you hear whispers, forget you have a target, focus 100% on evading, because that dude is close and he's coming to get you. I'll blend, and swing the camera around to see who looks suspicious; it's easier if you can blend into a moving group, you can pick out your pursuer pretty easily after you turn a few corners and see the same dude following you. Don't forget to scan the rooftops, where it's easy for your pursuer to use templar vision to identify you in a group. If you hear whispers and nobody is obvious, seek shelter. I usually use smoke bombs, sometimes mute (which is much harder to time properly). Keep your finger on the smoke bomb button, get ready to pop it if you see someone approaching you. Sometimes running is a viable option, if I can't identify my pursuer, I'll run through the nearest chase breaker (which also frequently breaks line of site) and then blend into a group. As long as your target isn't too close, running is fine - just run in the opposite direction of your target.

NPC's don't 'fastwalk', so that's always a dead giveaway; after some time playing, you'll learn each character's fast walk animation - usually their arms are down, and they are never in a group. There are certain areas of the map that NPCs don't populate, especially the chase-breaker corridors that appear on many maps.

At level 30something, you get a perk called 'blender' which clones any NPC in a group to you, so there's always at least one clone. This perk has changed the way I play, and it's unfortunate that the progression system is so unbalanced.

I've become a very defensive player and will frequently win a round with 3 or 4 kills while people down the scoreboard have 8 - 12 kills and half as many points. Defensive bonuses add up VERY fast, and WILL net you out the win.

Edit - I can on about this game all day, but one recent thing I've been doing is purposely losing my contract if my target is on the rooftops and won't come down. I just hate that shit, and if I pursue, there's no doubt my pursuer will get me right after I get the kill. In these situations, I'll just take out a civilian to get a new contract. If you do this, just make sure you're not close to your actual target and you kill a different character model, or they will get points for an escape/lure.

parasight

Definitely agree with your last point. A lot of the times your performance can be hindered by chasing a chicken with its head cut off. I never considered just killing a civilian to cut bait early, thanks for the tip. I've spent upwards of 5 minutes sometimes just chasing one guy, refusing to run at him or jump roofs to get him.

njean777

Just beat it and not gonna lie teared at the end, I can't believe that happened this and red dead are at ties for goty 2010

iNvid02

njean777 said:
Just beat it and not gonna lie teared at the end, I can't believe that happened this and red dead are at ties for goty 2010

even though i love the series red dead and mass effect were goty not acb

Jetman

Not too far into the Single Player in this game but gotta say, I agree with Machiavelli so far. Why the fuck didn't
Ezio just kill Rodrigo Borgia at the end of AC2? Made no sense after all that happened and as many people as Ezio murdered to get to the dude
hopefully it's explained somehow within the course of ACB. Ceasare probably still would have been an angry threat, but still...

Nelo Ice

Banned
this games multi is so rage inducing

i fucking hate it when my smoke or mute dont work or they miss the target by inches and on top of that i try to play the right way by blending yet every fucking time my pursuer guesses correctly or everyone is running around like batman

edit:almost forgot spawning right into my pursuer or as soon as a i get a new pursuer he just happens to be right next to me adf;ljadfjladf

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The <3min 100% requirement for the When in Rome mission (in which you assume the identity of the Chest Carrier and have to take it to the Banker) is ridiculous. I've memorised the route and yet I still fall short when I'm approximately 3-5 seconds from the cutscene trigger.

Edit: Oh, you can run with the chest. I assumed that wasn't possible as you're unable to even fast walk. :/

Top Bottom