• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

Spwn

Got the last few Borgia flags today and I now have all the SP trophies. Two MP trophies left. Getting the Abstergo Employee of the Month is a horrible! Missing only one bonus and I bet you all know which one it is.

Kweh

Are there any achievements that require you getting a full 100% in all syncs? I've glazed over the list and didn't see anything specifically mention it, but just wondered if it might unlock an item which then went on to be a requirement of an achievement or something.

Pennybags

Nelo Ice said:
this games multi is so rage inducing

i fucking hate it when my smoke or mute dont work or they miss the target by inches and on top of that i try to play the right way by blending yet every fucking time my pursuer guesses correctly or everyone is running around like batman

edit:almost forgot spawning right into my pursuer or as soon as a i get a new pursuer he just happens to be right next to me adf;ljadfjladf

Manhunt is so much more enjoyable than Wanted, especially with people you can communicate with.

Pennybags said:
Manhunt is so much more enjoyable than Wanted, especially with people you can communicate with.
Manhunt is a lot more fun, probably the best mode for me.

I love it when everyone ends up together so you have one team member kill someone, opposing team member stun them, then another of yours kills him ect. The way they suddenly pop out of the crowd to make their move (and get killed/stunned).

Chest capture is pretty fun, although i find you either have a really good game or a really crappy one.

Im about 15k exp off level 50 and then need Air-kill, Interception and extreme variety for my Platinum.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Pennybags said:

yeah id love to play manhunt but no one else on my friends list plays AC multi so im always in wanted since playing with randoms in an extremely team based game is not fun

Got to level 50 yesterday, other than the difficulty on getting into games at times it was a great time.

Is there anyone here interested in either helping me or helping each other get the extreme variety bonus, all I need (other then intercepted) for me to get my Platinum? Can play most afternoons (London time that is) if needed and it should only take around 30 minutes to get it for all 3 people needed.

Nelo Ice

Banned
well unless theres a fix or ubi will do something about it im done playing multi

logged in today to see all my challenges reset along with all the abilities unlocked through challenges being locked again and yet my level(50) and stats are still intact...

i gotta admit, the 2.0 update - and the associated fixes to matchmaking - has really reinvigorated my interest in this game. the templar grade pyramid is a fantastic way to handling ranked play... similar to halo:reach's arena system but exposing everything that works together to determine your grade.

also i think pienza is easily the best map in the game.

i hope for AC3 (or update 3.0, who knows) we get an actual, functional stats website (like bungie has for halo). the assassin network does not give you any actually useful stats, plus it's some seriously glitchy flash.

WrikaWrek

Banned
I dismissed this game as a mere expansion pack not worth dipping into.

So wrong i was, i had forgotten how amazing the game looks, and how much character it has. Having a blast so far, the presentation is incredible.

Kweh

Uhm, can you not go back inside the individual Lair of Romulus' after you have used all 6 keys to retrieve the treasure?

Spwn

Kweh said:
Uhm, can you not go back inside the individual Lair of Romulus' after you have used all 6 keys to retrieve the treasure?

You can. Go to the DNA menu and choose the memories there.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
As far as the side stuff is concerned, I have a handful of treasures and one Borgia flag in the Vaticano district, and 3 flags in the Vaticano Romulus lair (can't recall the actual name). That should be it, but for some reason I have three undiscovered treasures in the Campagna district, and even though I own all the treasure maps there are no treasure icons on the main map. :/

Edit: I'm dumb. I hadn't bought the second treasure map pertaining to the district, haha.

Kweh said:

You can revisit memories whenever you wish.

Edit 2: That ending... :eek:

Bit-Bit

I've got the PS3 version since release date. And since release date, I can barely ever find a game. I spend most of my time waitng on the "waiting for abstergo agents" screen then actually in matches.

Is it the same for xbox owners? Its been months and Ubi still can't get their matchmaking shit together. I freakin love the multi gameplay. But it sucks so much that I can never play it. Especially when I have an hour to play before I have to go do other stuff and I spend 40 minutes just waiting for a game. For the first time in my life, I think I'm going to go onto Ubi's boards and complain to them. (only because I love this game so much)

Pennybags said:

Even without communicating and playing with randoms this is the best mode. I actually like hiding more than killing cause it's more of a strategy IMO.

edgefusion

I've owned Brotherhood since release but only just decided to play the multiplayer and I can't believe all the fun I've been missing out on! Fantastic mp experience and I'm not usually one to play online that often. Have only been playing Wanted though, maybe I'll give the other modes a try soon.

Struct09

Finally completed the story the other day, and damn what an amazing game. Since I hadn't finished it when we were voting for GOTY on GAF I only gave it an honorable mention :( Definitely falls within my top ten of last year.

The multiplayer is awesome too, enjoying it much more than I thought I would have.

edgefusion said:
I've owned Brotherhood since release but only just decided to play the multiplayer and I can't believe all the fun I've been missing out on! Fantastic mp experience and I'm not usually one to play online that often. Have only been playing Wanted though, maybe I'll give the other modes a try soon.

Yeah, the MP is really a hidden gem. Try out Manhunt. You'll love it. Half the game you hunt and kill and don't have to worry about people killing you and the other half it's crazy strategy on hiding from the other team. Very satisfying watching the person trailing you kill civilian after civilian trying to get you.

rataven

There's another community event to unlock a new map in MP. Granted, it's really just the night version of Venice, but I think that happens to be one of the better maps for scoring big games. Go HERE if you'd like to 'like' AC on Facebook.

Assassin's Creed Facebook Page said:
Assassin’s Creed’s 1 Million Facebook Fan Celebration!

As we approach this major milestone for the Assassin’s Creed community, we want to make sure we do something extra special for reaching 1 million fans on our Facebook page. Here are a few of the things we have planned to celebrate our community and demonstrate our deepest thanks for all of your support over the years:
• Community Unlock: Venezia by Night will be unlocked in multiplayer!
• UbiWorkshop has created a new shirt to commemorate the event!
• Watch our team’s THANK YOU video, featuring real life Assassin’s Creed developers!
• UbiWorkshop will also be offering a 24-hour discount: 15% off and worldwide delivery!
• Special Giveaways on our Facebook page!

rataven said:
There's another community event to unlock a new map in MP. Granted, it's really just the night version of Venice, but I think that happens to be one of the better maps for scoring big games. Go HERE if you'd like to 'like' AC on Facebook.

I would rather see them remove Monteriggioni than add anything else. That map is an abortion, all the others are good, I even like Siena.

rataven

Nelo Ice said:
so anyone think ubi will ever get to fixing my challenges and skills being reset?

otherwise im ready to trade this game in
Are you talking about your MP profiles? There is a fix for that, albeit an odd one. Go ahead and set up your MP profiles as usual, then exit to the main menu and start a game of SP. Find a way to save your game in SP (talk to a shop keeper or change Ezio's skin or something), then once it's saved, quit to the main menu, and then back to MP. Your profiles should be saved. Trust me, it works.

Nelo Ice

Banned
rataven said:
Are you talking about your MP profiles? There is a fix for that, albeit an odd one. Go ahead and set up your MP profiles as usual, then exit to the main menu and start a game of SP. Find a way to save your game in SP (talk to a shop keeper or change Ezio's skin or something), then once it's saved, quit to the main menu, and then back to MP. Your profiles should be saved. Trust me, it works.

nope im talking about my skills/challenges reset as in i dont have any of my evolved skills like rapid smoke bomb, strong smoke bomb etc and all my challenge progress is gone

this happened like last month but yeah i refuse to start all over again even though it says im level 50 and my stats are still intact

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Finally started to play this after loving AC2. It's been good thus far, but man, what's up with the performance? Once you hit Rome, the framerate takes a nose dive compared to AC2. It's really irritating.

witness

Finally finished this game today, amazing amazing amazing. My favorite of the three games so far, but I just did not like the way they wrapped it up. The Desmond stuff at the end was disappointing and frustrating. I am sad knowing we will (probably) get a new time period next game.

edgefusion

witness said:
Finally finished this game today, amazing amazing amazing. My favorite of the three games so far, but I just did not like the way they wrapped it up. The Desmond stuff at the end was disappointing and frustrating. I am sad knowing we will (probably) get a new time period next game.

It's a shame it won't be Italy anymore as it's a great setting but Ubisoft Montreal (it is them right?) have proven themselves to be gods at creating period settings. I'm confident whatever comes next is going to be totally rad.

I'm pretty late in the game and I'm having trouble finding the last Romulus Tomb. I currently have 5/6 but the 6th isn't showing up anywhere on the map. I repaired all the aqueducts and I think it said something about unlocking a tomb, but I don't know where to go for that. I'm also having a hell of a time finding items for the shop quests, where are you supposed to look for specific things like Shrunken Heads or Vlad the Impaler Coins? I can't seem to find a reliable way to find the quest items, instead of I just seem to get a thousand Jars of Leeches.

baylon452

Neo Member
Tkawsome said:
I'm pretty late in the game and I'm having trouble finding the last Romulus Tomb. I currently have 5/6 but the 6th isn't showing up anywhere on the map. I repaired all the aqueducts and I think it said something about unlocking a tomb, but I don't know where to go for that. I'm also having a hell of a time finding items for the shop quests, where are you supposed to look for specific things like Shrunken Heads or Vlad the Impaler Coins? I can't seem to find a reliable way to find the quest items, instead of I just seem to get a thousand Jars of Leeches.

For the Romulus tomb you have to get through some of the main story. Get past sequence

rataven

Since you're already repaired the aqueducts, I'm guessing the lair you're missing is the one at
St. Peter's
in the Vatican district. It's not available until the final sequences of the main story.

Vlad the Impaler coins can be found on the bandits that randomly attack Ezio around the city. I think you can also find them on wolfmen. So just search a lot of bodies after fights. They're fairly common.

There are only two shrunken heads in the whole game though, both found in treasure chests. One is in the lair at the Palazzo Laterano and the other is in a chest in the Antico district.

edgefusion

Tkawsome said:

I believe a lot of those things comes from Assassination missions you won't get until you unlock the brotherhood and level up a bunch of your dudes to take on the harder missions.

Edit: Beaten and I was wrong anyway. :(

Just finished the single player today (90% full sync) and I enjoyed it although, like the second game, I'm not too fond of the Desmond sections and characters. What was the deal with the scenario when you uncover the truth section? I disliked the fact that they
blatantly left those cliffhangers in the game,
they should have been a little more subtle with that.

Ranger X said:
So is there any other DLC announced for this game? I wish they would actually make some single player stuff like AC2. :(

There's definitely at least one more Animus Update coming for multiplayer, but nobody knows anything about it yet.

I'd be willing to bet the Copernicus mission that was exclusive to PS3 will go up eventually, but everyone said it wasn't worth getting excited about.

Ledsen said:
I just put my copy on a local auction site. I realized I won't ever try the multiplayer :p

Yeah, you're missing out. I thought I'd give MP a whirl before sending it back and now I'm half way to maxing out my level. The Wanted game wasn't as fun for me when I started but I have totally fallen in love with Manhunt. It's such a great game of hide and seek. One of my all time favorites. You should at least let yourself get up to level 5 before sending it in.

edgefusion

Is there an ability that removes the stun prompt? A few times now I've caught pursuers in a smoke bomb only to run back and find it's impossible to stun them. It's really frustrating because by that time the smoke has worn off and they're gutting you.

I tried out Manhunt like a few of you suggested but I find it to be, well... absolutely awful. It's just a game of taking it in turns to use templar vision. No strategy whatsoever. The games own mechanics completely break that mode.

edgefusion said:
Is there an ability that removes the stun prompt? A few times now I've caught pursuers in a smoke bomb only to run back and find it's impossible to stun them. It's really frustrating because by that time the smoke has worn off and they're gutting you.

I think that's an incarnation of lag in this game. I've seen that happen before as well, it SUCKS.

edgefusion said:
I tried out Manhunt like a few of you suggested but I find it to be, well... absolutely awful. It's just a game of taking it in turns to use templar vision. No strategy whatsoever. The games own mechanics completely break that mode.

Templar Vision is easily detectable. Since the character using it turns green. The second you see green, throw a smoke bomb and either stun them or run away. I barely get hit with Templar Vision. The fun comes from hiding. I like using the Morph to change a bunch of people near a tunnel to look like me, then drop down inside the tunnel and have them kill civilian after civilian while they use up all their perks looking for me.

Ledsen

bobs99 ... said:
Why not? Its pretty unique and I would say that its maybe even one of the main reasons to own the game.

I played the single player for ~30 hours and really have no desire to go back to the game, or the next game in the series, anytime soon. I'd rather be playing another game than going back to one I'm pretty much burned out on. My mate said the MP was fun, but I have no interest in it honestly.

Ledsen said:
I played the single player for ~30 hours and really have no desire to go back to the game, or the next game in the series, anytime soon. I'd rather be playing another game than going back to one I'm pretty much burned out on. My mate said the MP was fun, but I have no interest in it honestly.

Your missing out! I understand your a little burnt out but really the multiplayer is a totally different kettle of fish to the single player. Infact its pretty different to most games out there. Its really got a different pace to it.

I could try and describe it to entice you, but I wouldnt do it justice lol.

Barrett2

I just finished the mission where you
save the dude's life during the Passion Play; Sequence 7, Memory 3
, IIRC. How close am I to the end?

Top Bottom