• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

Barrett2

ElectricBlue187 said:
Pretty close. I think 9 is the "repressed memory"

Ok, good. Im' trying to wrap it up before I get bored with the game. Trying to power through story missions the last few days...

rataven

Nice. Glad the SP is getting some new content, and MP should get a decent boost with the new stuff as well. Hope all the trophies are tied to SP though. That dang Role Model trophy is still in the way of my platinum.

Barrett2

Just finished it.... and really wishing i had bothered finishing the previous two games. Haha, I have no idea what the fuck is going on, but it's pretty rad.

For some reason, this one clicked with me like the previous two games didn't. After beginning this about two weeks ago, i haven't been able to stop playing.

Massa

lawblob said:
Just finished it.... and really wishing i had bothered finishing the previous two games. Haha, I have no idea what the fuck is going on, but it's pretty rad.

For some reason, this one clicked with me like the previous two games didn't. After beginning this about two weeks ago, i haven't been able to stop playing.

Well, I finished all console AC games and still have no idea what the fuck is going on with the story. :)

Barrett2

Massa said:
Well, I finished all console AC games and still have no idea what the fuck is going on with the story. :)
I think all the years of terrible stories in video games have conditioned us to just ignore the narrative. I have so many moments when playing games where all the sudden i realize a character is explaining something to me, but by the time i pause my headphone i have in one ear, I've basically missed the on-screen explanation.

last night I won a mutliplayer match with only 3 kills... the 2nd and 3rd place players each had 11, the rest had between 6 and 8 kills. Think about it, nearly 25% of the kills of second place, and I still won. It's all about patience, style, and timing - the reason im digging this game so much.

j-wood

Can you continue playing the game after you beat the main story memories? Or do you need to make sure to finish everything before you beat the main story?

j-wood said:
Can you continue playing the game after you beat the main story memories? Or do you need to make sure to finish everything before you beat the main story?
You can play the renaissance period, but leaving the animus is impossible. Pick up the artifacts if you haven't already.

WrikaWrek said:
Man i like this game...but the pacing is terrible.
Have to agree. The opening few hours aren't bad, but all the narrative is front-loaded and half-way through it loses focus.

So, the ending.
Not sure what to think. Felt like a twist because they needed one. Felt too left-field, didn't feel anywhere near as satisfying as the AC2 ending.

edgefusion

I'm beginning to think I will never platinum this game and it's down to god damn multiplayer trophies. Arghhh! I wish developers would just leave out mp trophies altogether or make them so you don't have to rely on other people. I platinum'd AC2 and wanted to do the same with Brotherhood but there's just no chance.

Massa

lawblob said:
I think all the years of terrible stories in video games have conditioned us to just ignore the narrative. I have so many moments when playing games where all the sudden i realize a character is explaining something to me, but by the time i pause my headphone i have in one ear, I've basically missed the on-screen explanation.

That wasn't really the problem for me here. This game just throws things at you that don't make any sense - that's what the developers consider good story telling.

Given how many people like Lost I really can't blame them.

OldJadedGamer said:
Dear UbiSoft,

STOP RESETTING MY PROFILES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,

OldJadedGamer

Theres actually a work around. Set up your classes, then back out - load up single player, save the game in single player. Thats currently the only way to save multiplayer classes as far as I know. :/

bobs99 ... said:
Theres actually a work around. Set up your classes, then back out - load up single player, save the game in single player. Thats currently the only way to save multiplayer classes as far as I know. :/

Tried this last night, started SP and saved then went back to MP and they were blank again.

rataven

Ubi released patch 1.05 tonight. Not sure on everything that's included, but they added an 'expanding search criteria' to MP that seems to have improved match making. Also, some have said that it fixed the profile/persona resetting glitch.

They've also patched in the 10 trophies for the Da Vinci DLC that gives a bit of insight to the new content. This also includes, somewhat annoyingly, a 100% synch trophy. Hope this means they've also patched in checkpoints for the Leo war machine missions.

rataven said:
Ubi released patch 1.05 tonight. Not sure on everything that's included, but they added an 'expanding search criteria' to MP that seems to have improved match making. Also, some have said that it fixed the profile/persona resetting glitch.

They've also patched in the 10 trophies for the Da Vinci DLC that gives a bit of insight to the new content. This also includes, somewhat annoyingly, a 100% synch trophy. Hope this means they've also patched in checkpoints for the Leo war machine missions.

any source you can point to that lists all of them?

also, has there been any talk of what the unadvertised features of the DLC will be? it definitely had the "and more" tag at the end of the PR, i believe.

rataven

oddworld18 said:
any source you can point to that lists all of them?

also, has there been any talk of what the unadvertised features of the DLC will be? it definitely had the "and more" tag at the end of the PR, i believe.
Here's a quick and dirty list of the new trophies I pulled off of my XMB. All of these are locked until the new DLC installs, even the ones that could probably be done without it, like Airstrike. Not really that spoilery, but just in case...

Strong-Arm (bronze): throw a long weapon, heavy weapon, and smoke bomb more than 10m at a guard
High-Roller (bronze): win 10,000 florins playing hazard
il Principe (silver): receive 100% synch in ACB and full synch in all missions of the Da Vinci Disappearance
Airstrike (bronze): kill 10 guards with a single arrow storm
GPS (silver): complete the Da Vinci Disappearance
Clowning Around (silver): beat up the 5 thirsty harlequins
Special Delivery (bronze): double assassinate from a parachute
Grand Theft Dressage (bronze): steal 5 horses from their riders, while remaining on horseback
Going Up (bronze): kill a guard with the bag that drops from a lift
Easy Come, Easy Go (bronze): pay 500 florins to an orator, then pickpocket him afterward

rataven said:

Idgi- there was no update for the 360 version and search times are still shitty. Maybe we'll have to wait till the 8th.

Crap... A 100% sync trophy/achievement? I have most of the game 100%, it's just the damn time limit memories I can't do.

Doodis

I just started the game a few days ago and I'm embarrassed to say that I can't figure out how to get to one of the viewpoints. It's the one on the eastern-upper side of the map that's on top of the big stone bridge. I've walked around and around trying to find a way to climb up, but can't seem to find the correct spot.

Anyone know what I'm talking about and how to get up there?

Doodis said:
I just started the game a few days ago and I'm embarrassed to say that I can't figure out how to get to one of the viewpoints. It's the one on the eastern-upper side of the map that's on top of the big stone bridge. I've walked around and around trying to find a way to climb up, but can't seem to find the correct spot.

Anyone know what I'm talking about and how to get up there?

you have to repair the aqueduct to be able to reach that viewpoint; it's only after a certain point in the story which you're able to start repairing them

Oozer3993

Just beat this today. After loving the first two, I was underwhelmed. I loved the setups of most of the missions, but the game just kept getting in its own way. For some reason I had much more trouble wrangling with the controls this time (Dammit Ezio, I meant for you to jump to the next beam, not jump off the very top of the tower I just spent 5 minutes scaling!) The objectives sometimes felt more vague than in the previous two games. The game was just overall more frustrating.

But man, there is nothing quite like climbing all over the Colosseum, or peering down the hole in the roof of the Pantheon. Just being able to run around a Renaissance Rome is pretty damn cool. And I'm not gonna lie, I kinda like how the ending makes the mythology even crazier than ACII did. And then there's the
glyph ending.
Which just poses a ton more questions. ACIII should be crazy.

Now to try out the multiplayer.

Doodis

MrCompletely said:
you have to repair the aqueduct to be able to reach that viewpoint; it's only after a certain point in the story which you're able to start repairing them
Thanks for the info. I was thinking it might be something like this. Glad I spent half an hour trying to figure out how to get up there.

As far as the overall game is concerned, I was a little bummed that it felt just like ACII at first, but now that I'm building up my own little assassin constituency, it's made the game a lot more fun. I now feel like the main storyline is something I'm doing in between the times that I'm leveling up my assassins. :)

f0rk

So I finished it, but I didn't do any real world stuff except for the beginning and end... did I miss something?

OldJadedGamer said:
Is this UbiSoft's first Multiplayer game? Considering the MASSIVE amount of times it deletes all your preferences I'm guessing it is.

Ubi's been doing large scale multiplayer for years; Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, & Rainbow Six series all had/have excellent multiplayer modes, especially Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, I've only had my profiles reset once at the first animus update.

Pennybags

f0rk said:
So I finished it, but I didn't do any real world stuff except for the beginning and end... did I miss something?

You missed dialogue, one or two (?) nonessential cutscenes, text backstory, and two achievements— one related to the computer in the room and the other gained by acquiring just one real-world artifact.

Doodis

Does one need to download and play the DLC before finishing the single player? Or can I finish my game and continue on with the DLC afterward?

The Dutch Slayer said:
DLC is out on 360.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...ance-DLC/fff3a5cd-f3b9-468e-b7a1-0af100a3e1b9

So could anyone tell how many Single Player hours it adds? if its comprable with AC2 SP DLC?

I really enjoyed that so I hope this is more like that.

For the MP stuff I could not care less about that.

most of the previews said it was (significantly?) more substantial than the AC2 DLC, if that gives you an idea.

I'll bet that it's 3 hours of SP content, maybe 4 if you count the extra achievements that it comes with.

MrCompletely said:
Ubi's been doing large scale multiplayer for years; Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, & Rainbow Six series all had/have excellent multiplayer modes, especially Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, I've only had my profiles reset once at the first animus update.

I was being sarcastic of course. Mine have reset at least 7 times now.

oddworld18 said:
most of the previews said it was (significantly?) more substantial than the AC2 DLC, if that gives you an idea.

I'll bet that it's 3 hours of SP content, maybe 4 if you count the extra achievements that it comes with.
Did not look at previews because I was on a media black out for any information on that.
Thanks for the info! :)
So I'm getting the DLC as soon as I get the game back from a friend how borrowed it.

So.. Did anyone get the DLC?

I just finished it. It took at least 2+ hours to complete, added a significant amount of gameplay.

Also- it might have given us a clue to where the next AC will take place. I'm not entirely sure, since the ending was quite fast.

Maybe someone else who completed the DLC would be able to help?

Top Bottom