• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

riceandbeans said:
How close am I to being finished with the main story? I absolutely hate this game and if there's another 3-4 hours left, I'm trading it in. My patience with it is gone.

I'm at the section where Desmon needs to find the egg and everyone has just gone down this elevator that takes them to the futuristic egg temple area where you've gotta climb the pillars, pull the swing switches, etc.

You're pretty much at the end, less then 1 hour left I would guess.

riceandbeans said:
How close am I to being finished with the main story? I absolutely hate this game and if there's another 3-4 hours left, I'm trading it in. My patience with it is gone.

I'm at the section where Desmon needs to find the egg and everyone has just gone down this elevator that takes them to the futuristic egg temple area where you've gotta climb the pillars, pull the swing switches, etc.

Your about a minuite from the end of the game. :lol

Yeah that was the worst part of the game for me aswell,
The platforming was just downright atrocious, those platforms should have been a bit bigger, it seems like the parkour doesnt work with just tiny ledges all at odd angles from eachother.

Ledsen

riceandbeans said:

You played through the entire game even though you hate it? Don't you have anything better to do with your time, like playing a game you actually like?

Ledsen said:
You played through the entire game even though you hate it? Don't you have anything better to do with your time, like playing a game you actually like?

Thought the same thing, he's basically at the very end of an 8-10 hr game, hated the game and says he'd only stop playing it if it has 3-4 more hrs left. :lol

Ledsen said:

Because it was a gift and it'd be rude to just outright get rid of it. Thought I'd do the right thing and try to play through the entire game first.

And yeah, I just finished it :lol

Hate might've been too strong of a word, that platforming section was really pissing me off and got the best of me. I didn't like it too much in the end though, just not my type of game.

njean777

Is anybody else pissed they have the 100% sync? I love the game but this really brings me out of the experience. I am anal about having 100% in most areas of the game sans the flags and treasure boxes but this sync thing really was a bad idea to me. It makes me angry cuz if I fail I want to restart the memory and that just isnt how the game should be played imo.

njean777 said:
Is anybody else pissed they have the 100% sync? I love the game but this really brings me out of the experience. I am anal about having 100% in most areas of the game sans the flags and treasure boxes but this sync thing really was a bad idea to me. It makes me angry cuz if I fail I want to restart the memory and that just isnt how the game should be played imo.
I agree that it shouldn't have been 100% sync with those extra things you have to do. I like the extra challenges but those should be separate instead of that being the thing you have to do to fully do the mission. It should be, do this and you will be rewarded. Like do so many extra challenges in the missions and you will get a new weapon or something. But the only ones i had trouble on to 100% sync it is the ones involving time limit. All the others weren't that hard at all.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
njean777 said:

It's really a mixed bag. I appreciate it in some missions and in others I don't.

The worst part is that if you fail at the 100%, you have to start over from the very beginning. You can't restart at the last checkpoint.

Diablos

I accidentally spoiled the ending for myself by reading comments somewhere. Some loser spoiled it.

Guess I shouldn't care too much as I gave up on AC2 halfway and never had any intention of finishing it. If I did ever manage to though, I would have bought Brotherhood. Still, wow @ the ending.

Just beat the single player. A friend of mine already spoiled the ending to me, so when I saw it. I didn't really get it. Just need to finish a few more lairs, get some flags and feather, then on to multiplayer!

rataven

njean777 said:
I get why they implemented it, since you're reliving very specific memories. But in some cases it's just maddening (Leo tank mission, I'm looking at you). A few save checkpoints throughout each memory would ease the frustration if they plan on including this mechanic in future AC games.

njean777

rataven said:
I get why they implemented it, since you're reliving very specific memories. But in some cases it's just maddening (Leo tank mission, I'm looking at you). A few save checkpoints throughout each memory would ease the frustration if they plan on including this mechanic in future AC games.

I really hope they dont, I love this series and something like this is not needed. Maybe have challenge rooms but not during the main story. I liked that 1 and 2 were fixed stories with no other objectives. If you wanted to screw around you could (more so in 2) with the side missions, but the story missions were just linear and didnt have extra objectives telling you, you failed at this.

parasight

I'm just glad they don't have an achievement for Full Sync, otherwise I'd probably be breaking my balls trying to 100% it. The virtual training stuff is way better than some of those objectives.

Finished the main campaign on Friday and really enjoyed it, love the AC series.

Only have 6 more flags to get and im done for the single player trophies, played up to level 15 online too.

Now I was part of the beta for online and love playing it but god damn can it be temperamental actually getting into a game, since I have other games to play I figured im going to see if I can get online and if it doesn’t work within 10 minutes im just gonna move on to something else since at that point its pointless.

Dirtyshubb said:
Finished the main campaign on Friday and really enjoyed it, love the AC series.

Only have 6 more flags to get and im done for the single player trophies, played up to level 15 online too.

Now I was part of the beta for online and love playing it but god damn can it be temperamental actually getting into a game, since I have other games to play I figured im going to see if I can get online and if it doesn’t work within 10 minutes im just gonna move on to something else since at that point its pointless.

This different version stuff for EU and US doesn't help at all either, multiplayer can be crap sometimes trying to find people.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
ZealousD said:
The worst part is that if you fail at the 100%, you have to start over from the very beginning. You can't restart at the last checkpoint.
This is really only an issue on the War Machine missions.. the two "no hit" ones are the only two missions I don't have 100% on and won't be bothered by them due to the lengthy lead up on each.

kyo_daikun said:
This different version stuff for EU and US doesn't help at all either, multiplayer can be crap sometimes trying to find people.
Had heard about the different versions and no cross play which is always stupid.

Sometimes it can be pretty good, get into a game straight away and can continue for as long as you want but others it just wont connect at all, it almost becomes a game in itself “2/6 people, come on, 4/6 people, getting there, 6/6 people, great……4/6 people, what the fuck!!!”

Ugh this game.

I love it's content and the series as a whole but this fucking yearly cycle is pissing me off. I am goddamn sick and tired of the dialog being out of sync in every fucking cutscene. Fuck you, Ubi. I'm also pissed that after completing the subject 16 clusters and waking up in the animus, Desmond sits there convulsing all the while the cutscene continues as if I were walking around. My attention was on that and didn't really hear what was going on. To top it off, it seemed like I'd still be able to talk to Lucy but I couldn't because after the cutscene, Desmond stood up... isnide the chair, still convulsing and unable to go anywhere but back in the animus. Annoying as shit.

So what happened there and would I have been able to talk to the other characters for further understanding of what just happened within the cluster?

MoonsaultSlayer said:
I'm also pissed that after completing the subject 16 clusters and waking up in the animus, Desmond sits there convulsing all the while the cutscene continues as if I were walking around. My attention was on that and didn't really hear what was going on. To top it off, it seemed like I'd still be able to talk to Lucy but I couldn't because after the cutscene, Desmond stood up... isnide the chair, still convulsing and unable to go anywhere but back in the animus. Annoying as shit.

So what happened there and would I have been able to talk to the other characters for further understanding of what just happened within the cluster?

The same EXACT thing happened to me last night. Is this a known bug or is it intentional? Also, for some reason Lucy has been gone from the Animus chamber since like the end of sequence four or five for me. What gives?

I still loves this game. I think my one complaint with it is that for every step forward in the gameplay department it seems like they take two steps back in the narrative aspect. AC1 was pretty tightly scripted story wise. AC2 started out great but then just kind of lost its bearings when you hit Venice. In Brotherhood, other than the first few hours of the game, the story seems to be non-existent. It's all Cesare this, Cesare that, but you hardly see or hear him from him for 90 percent of the game.

Just so everyone knows european players can now play with american and canadians if you download the 2.02 update, much easier to find games now, well done ubisoft.

It also wipes all your profiles so you will have to set them all back up

kyo_daikun said:
Just so everyone knows european players can now play with american and canadians if you download the 2.02 update, much easier to find games now, well done ubisoft.

It also wipes all your profiles so you will have to set them all back up

Any links to more info on the 2.02 update? Is that out today?

Not happy about the profile set problem, but I guess it's not the end of the world.

oddworld18 said:
Any links to more info on the 2.02 update? Is that out today?

Not happy about the profile set problem, but I guess it's not the end of the world.

It came out early yesterday, played with quite a few americans and all was good, its identical to the american 1.04 update (it comes with the same bug where your profiles get wiped everytime you turn the game off)

daw840

Just started playing this, been in my queue since Xmas, I am a little surprised by some of the posts in this thread hating on it. I was sure GAF would love this game. I know I do. I feel like every single AC has just gotten better and better. I haven't read a bunch in here, for fear of spoilers, even though GAF is always pretty good about marking them.

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Ugh this game.

I love it's content and the series as a whole but this fucking yearly cycle is pissing me off. I am goddamn sick and tired of the dialog being out of sync in every fucking cutscene. Fuck you, Ubi. I'm also pissed that after completing the subject 16 clusters and waking up in the animus, Desmond sits there convulsing all the while the cutscene continues as if I were walking around. My attention was on that and didn't really hear what was going on. To top it off, it seemed like I'd still be able to talk to Lucy but I couldn't because after the cutscene, Desmond stood up... isnide the chair, still convulsing and unable to go anywhere but back in the animus. Annoying as shit.

That's funny about the dialogue. I always thought it was some kind of glitch when it unsynced.

I'm enjoying the shit out of the game now that I've finally beat it. Having a fun time going around knocking out borgia towers, exploring, and playing the game how I want and not with half assed stealth missions and annoying objectives to follow.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Quick question - I already know the ending (which makes it seem like you can't play the game after it...), but my question is can you still play the game after the ending? Like can you still do the glyphs and all that?

steadfast

firehawk12 said:
How does the ending treat the post game? Or it just assumes it takes place before it?

No, it takes place after the ending and because of the way it ends, you will have access to everything except
exiting the animus
, and as a result, two achievements/trophies if you haven't done them already.

So make sure you do those two before it ends.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
steadfast said:
No, it takes place after the ending and because of the way it ends, you will have access to everything except
exiting the animus
, and as a result, two achievements/trophies if you haven't done them already.

So make sure you do those two before it ends.

Oh weird, I didn't think it was possible given what happens to
Lucy
, but alrighty. :)

Kweh

How do you redeem these Uplay rewards then?

I've had a few unlock while in game, but they're still locked on the uplay website.

This is definitely my top game for 2010 and i think, although the game part of first Assassins Creed is atrocious, the three make for the best story and universe this gen.

Lothars

Kweh said:
How do you redeem these Uplay rewards then?

I've had a few unlock while in game, but they're still locked on the uplay website.

I believe you have to press y at the main menu than it will load uplay ingame and you can redeem the points for unlcoks.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I finished the game and like what they did. They put all the crappy racing in the VR missions and that was a godsend.

The only thing I wish the game had was the "sticky platforming" of Prince of Persia. The last section of the game with the platforming was horrible for me and took much longer than it should have because of constant falls.

Heck, make it toggle-able so that I can turn it on during the lair sections and turn it off during the city runs.

Also, much more minor, but there should be more checkpoints for the sake of doing the darn full synch things. Yeah, you don't need to do them, but the fact that you have to replay the entire mission to get back to the part that actually "counts" is kind of frustrating. (That and no easy way to restart a memory when you fail full synch).

Hixx

New 360 update is buggered. Just doesn't apply after being downloaded so you get stuck in an endless updating loop if you try to sign into Xbox Live. So no multiplayer for us Xbox 360 folk till they fix it. Boooo.

HixxSAFC said:
New 360 update is buggered. Just doesn't apply after being downloaded so you get stuck in an endless updating loop if you try to sign into Xbox Live. So no multiplayer for us Xbox 360 folk till they fix it. Boooo.

have you tried clearing your cache?

I just recruited an assassin who isn't getting any exp from missions. Well, she is getting exp, but only 10 per mission (which I'm not sure is even being applied). What's going on here?

Lunchbox

Banned
im about to start this and didnt finish the first 2, giantbomb people told me to look up the story line before starting so youtube watching got me -

* first 2 game spoilers -
there was a civilization before humanity, they made/controlled/or something to humans with the piece of eden, adam and eve stole the piece of eden, which was the forbidden fruit story, everything got erased because of a "event" with the sun, the event is gonna happen again 12212012, december 21 2012, mayan bullshit, desmond is destined to stop it

am i caught up or still missing something? or did i also ruin what happens in this as well? which would suck :(

Charles

Lunchbox said:
im about to start this and didnt finish the first 2, giantbomb people told me to look up the story line before starting so youtube watching got me -

there was a civilization before humanity, they made/controlled/or something to humans with the piece of eden, adam and eve stole the piece of eden, which was the forbidden fruit story, everything got erased because of a "event" with the sun, the event is gonna happen again 12212012, december 21 2012, mayan bullshit, desmond is destined to stop it

am i caught up or still missing something? or did i also ruin what happens in this as well? which would suck :(

Probably they wanted you find out Ezio's story from Assassin's Creed 2.

Lunchbox said:

yea i think they might have meant ezio's story also as this is a direct sequel to that as well as one to desmond's story

Lunchbox said:

You really should play Assassins Creed 2 first if you're looking for good story, especially considering that many characters are developed over both games.

parasight

Pumped for the Animus 2.0 update. I love how all the updates have been free thus far. Let's hope they stay that way. Four levels till 50!

dralla

Lunchbox said:

you're missing so much of it. these aren't games you can read about, there's so much to take in. you're missing the templars vs assassins, abstergo and its satellite, subject 16, what the pieces of eden are and how they've factored in to pivotal moments in history, ect. What you loosely described is the very end of AC2.

ps. lol pats

pss. Since I liked AssBro so much I went mack and beat AC1 and now I'm going through AC2. AC1 is really bad compared to 2 and Bro, just on a purely mechanical level and even worse from a design perspective. Luckily it was short and still had its moments, really played it for the story stuff. The problems I had with 2 last year stick out even more after Bro. You don't have a lot of options when tackling a situation [most of the items/upgrades you get are crap] and the side quests are a joke.

I think the only missing from Bro that the other games had were the assassinations of 'high profile' targets in the main story branch. Learning about a guy before hand, who he is and what he does, tracking him and than finally killing him, that was really satisfying but absent from Bro for the most part.

Got the achievement for taking first place in the final 10 seconds of a match! I thought I would never get that, but actually stunned my pursuer with 2 seconds to go, leaped into 1st by 100 points! Cheevo unlocked!

I considered this to be the hardest in the game!

parasight

MrCompletely said:
Got the achievement for taking first place in the final 10 seconds of a match! I thought I would never get that, but actually stunned my pursuer with 2 seconds to go, leaped into 1st by 100 points! Cheevo unlocked!

I considered this to be the hardest in the game!

I've actually done this a few times, and still don't have All Co-op Bonus and All Bonus achievements. Those seem like the toughest, IMO.

Top Bottom