• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

jett

D-Member
I can't fucking BELIEVE the 5-months-later PC port has the same goddamn bugs as the console version. I just got stuck in the animus chair after solving Subject 16's video. I guess I'm destined to never know what's the team's reaction to that.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
jett said:
I can't fucking BELIEVE the 5-months-later PC port has the same goddamn bugs as the console version. I just got stuck in the animus chair after solving Subject 16's video. I guess I'm destined to never know what's the team's reaction to that.
To think I still search for a youtube video of their reactions once in a while, might as well give up trying to know. Best case scenario the bug is fixed one day by players and the characters don't even say anything different than they'd normally say in that chapter.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Seriously that is such a dumb bug and it is 100% certain to happen, lol.

BKXB

Economist
Just picked this up on the cheap. Gave the multiplayer a whirl, and it's lots of fun! I need to get better though...got my ass kicked.

JesseZao

BKXB said:
Just picked this up on the cheap. Gave the multiplayer a whirl, and it's lots of fun! I need to get better though...got my ass kicked.

Getting poisoned left and right (or chain stunned in team games) by 50s isn't the best of times, but once you get better at using the compass and deducting the humans from NPCs you will start racking up the kills. At least you get smoke bomb early.

I think the most frustrating thing for me starting out was figuring out when I could stun a pursuer. Also, even if you get a stun in by surprising them, they have a small window to kill you anyway.

BKXB said:
I wanted to try the multiplayer because people seem to love it here, but I own the PS3 version, lol.

JesseZao said:
Getting poisoned left and right (or chain stunned in team games) by 50s isn't the best of times, but once you get better at using the compass and deducting the humans from NPCs you will start racking up the kills. At least you get smoke bomb early.

I think the most frustrating thing for me starting out was figuring out when I could stun a pursuer. Also, even if you get a stun in by surprising them, they have a small window to kill you anyway.

I found a good way around the chain stun in team games to go to the roofs when looking for the kill, then when someone throws a smoke bomb have that guy equip knives and the gun and rack up easy kills/injuries and stop them from chain stunning. Not only that, you're able to lock a target on them for everyone else on the team to go get them.

iNvid02

yeah playing with strangers is not very good as they mostly get in your way or cause more problems.

with a good organised team you can have people on the rooftops with guns/knives, a guy who rushes and a guy who just marks targets with templar vision etc

In light of the recent announcement of Revelations, IGN has put up a rather interesting article about possible future locales the Assassin's Creed series could explore. Some of it's wishful thinking, but dammit, some of the ideas are really good.

XfYMj.jpg

The artwork accompanying the article's really cool, too. Is this some of the Ubi Workshop stuff, or did they make it themselves?

jett

D-Member
Blue Ninja said:
In light of the recent announcement of Revelations, IGN has put up a rather interesting article about possible future locales the Assassin's Creed series could explore. Some of it's wishful thinking, but dammit, some of the ideas are really good.

http://i.imgur.com/XfYMj.jpg[IMG]
The artwork accompanying the article's really cool, too. Is this some of the Ubi Workshop stuff, or did they make it themselves?[/QUOTE]

AMERICA FUCK YEAH

how about no

So I got this, will play it in 2-3 days hopefully, PS3 version. What's the deal with UPlay? Do I sign up online, and later link my account in-game? Does that even work with console version?

jett

D-Member
Castor Krieg said:
So I got this, will play it in 2-3 days hopefully, PS3 version. What's the deal with UPlay? Do I sign up online, and later link my account in-game? Does that even work with console version?

Of course. You just signup in-game.

jett said:
I'm not sure about the first, yes to the second one.

Ok, I got it set-up, I guess. I counted all PS3 Brotherhood items - 140 points. Is that a lot? AC:B will be my first UPlay game, will probably grab AC2 down the road for easy Platinum (finished it on PC).

Am I to understand I can only get points from things listed in "Actions" tab, and it's in no way related to Trophies?

squicken

I double dipped on the PC version but am having some pretty wild fps swings. Is there any one setting that is know for being a performance bottleneck? Seems like I shouldn't have to lower the world detail or character detail to near console levels

460gtx/x4 950/4GB RAM

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
squicken said:
I double dipped on the PC version but am having some pretty wild fps swings. Is there any one setting that is know for being a performance bottleneck? Seems like I shouldn't have to lower the world detail or character detail to near console levels

460gtx/x4 950/4GB RAM
I highly recommend that you use D3Doverrider to force triple buffering as it makes some of the FPS drops less noticeable. I have a similarly specced rig and I didn't have any real FPS swings though.

jett said:

I had no such issue on PC. In fact, I had no issue at all with the game.

squicken

well isn't this buggy. 3 crashes in about 5 hours of play. ran the update thing so it's fully patched. what's weird is i had almost not issues with fallout new vegas once i used the dll. this is probably the first pc game since i built my latest system where i would say it is kind of a shitty port

Evlar

Banned
Finally got this on PS3 for $30 new at Gamestop. (Bizarrely, the new copy was $5 cheaper than the pre-owned). Got through the first hour or so. Love me some Ass Creed.

squicken said:

460gtx/x4 950/4GB RAM

Drop shadows from 5 to 4. Looks exactly the same but gives a 5-6 FPS boost everywhere.

Does "Restart Memory" restarts the whole memory, or just last checkpoint? Some missions (war machines) are pretty long, and it sucks failing 100% sync at the very end.

rataven

It will restart the whole memory, I'm afraid.

Which missions are you having trouble on? There are a few tricks for the tank if that's one of them.

rataven said:
It will restart the whole memory, I'm afraid.

Which missions are you having trouble on? There are a few tricks for the tank if that's one of them.

The tank mission was easy enough, I just got sloppy after the first set of cannons. However I cannot imagine replaying missions like Flying Machine 2.0, good I got 100% there first try.

jett

D-Member
Zeitgeister said:
I had no such issue on PC. In fact, I had no issue at all with the game.

O RLY

Can you tell me if there were any extra conversations with the characters after that cut-scene?

The other day I tried it again(I made a copy of my saved game pre-subject16 shenanigans just in case), and it happened again.

szaromir

Banned
I've just finished AC2, installed AC:B and I can't believe how much they improved the graphics, just in one year. Amazing, I hated how details faded away with the distance in AC2, but no more! Too bad I have to go to sleep, AC2 ending was really silly but who cares! I've just left the villa with Ezio and can't wait to explore Rome tomorrow :)

Irish

Well, I've never bought anything from them online before, but the stores (Family Video) themselves are pretty decent. I used to rent all of my stuff from there.

jett said:
O RLY

Can you tell me if there were any extra conversations with the characters after that cut-scene?

The other day I tried it again(I made a copy of my saved game pre-subject16 shenanigans just in case), and it happened again.

Oh. Oh dear. I though the game pushed you out of the Animus after that sequence, but since it doesn't, I don't think I bothered to talk about it with 'the other crew'. Sorry. :(

This is my first AC game, and I got it specifically for the multiplayer. I jumped straight in, and I'm loving it so far, but I can't help but feel that the game doesn't do a very good job of explaining everything, even in the introductory session. Why does my character glow when touching certain people/walking on certain spots? How do I defend myself against somebody who is charging me? And what does the disguise do?

iNvid02

Shotgun Kiss said:
This is my first AC game, and I got it specifically for the multiplayer. I jumped straight in, and I'm loving it so far, but I can't help but feel that the game doesn't do a very good job of explaining everything, even in the introductory session. Why does my character glow when touching certain people/walking on certain spots? How do I defend myself against somebody who is charging me? And what does the disguise do?

1. not sure about your own player glowing, could be blending in to a crowd. when your blending a little white mist thing covers you and your character's colours are turned grey for a bit
templar vision also makes targets glow gold, and people who after you in red

2. the charge perk cannot be stopped the last time i played, you could use a smoke bomb i think and they might run into it and choke but im not sure.

3. disguise changes your player into another character model, that way your pursuer might not attack you because they see your the barber when they're after the courtesan. it only lasts a short amount of time befor you turn back into your proper character

Random gripe... why the hell does everyone only pick the female characters? So many other awesome characters and I spend the entire time playing the same three over and over and over again.

squicken

jett said:
O RLY

I had the same subject 16 glitch I had on the console version. Stuck in the chair's geometry. I also had the same glitch where it showed a viewpoint at the Thieves' Guild even though I had scaled it and syncronized.

I don't really blame that too much on the PC guys who ported it. After my initial crashes, and installing D3DOverrider I had no more issues.

But it still bugs me how obvious it is that they simply didn't finish the game. Almost all of the stuff in modern Monteriggioni felt unfinished.

iNvidious01 said:
1. not sure about your own player glowing, could be blending in to a crowd. when your blending a little white mist thing covers you and your character's colours are turned grey for a bit
templar vision also makes targets glow gold, and people who after you in red

2. the charge perk cannot be stopped the last time i played, you could use a smoke bomb i think and they might run into it and choke but im not sure.

3. disguise changes your player into another character model, that way your pursuer might not attack you because they see your the barber when they're after the courtesan. it only lasts a short amount of time befor you turn back into your proper character

Thanks, but what's the purpose of blending in? In what way does it make you harder for other people to detect you?

EDIT: I get it; your character model changes. But doesn't that screw you over when you walk through a group of people, and other players see your character model flicker/change?

Shotgun Kiss said:
Thanks, but what's the purpose of blending in? In what way does it make you harder for other people to detect you?

EDIT: I get it; your character model changes. But doesn't that screw you over when you walk through a group of people, and other players see your character model flicker/change?

Your skin doesn't change, one of the people in the group changes to your skin (if one isn't already present). You're right people could in theory see the change, but if they saw that, they probably saw you walking around on your own already and have you lined up for some stabbing. However if you aren't being actively watched, basically any group of bystanders in the game becomes a decent hiding spot.

N.B. I haven't played in a while, but that's my recollection.

PedroLumpy said:
Your skin doesn't change, one of the people in the group changes to your skin (if one isn't already present). You're right people could in theory see the change, but if they saw that, they probably saw you walking around on your own already and have you lined up for some stabbing. However if you aren't being actively watched, basically any group of bystanders in the game becomes a decent hiding spot.

N.B. I haven't played in a while, but that's my recollection.

i haven't played in a while either, but i'm pretty sure being in a blended group makes it a lot harder for people to lock on to you, and it'll break a lock if you're being pursued. it will also end a chase pretty fast if you can blend into a group and stay out of line-of-sight for a few seconds.

Does anybody here want to swap 360 gamertags and play sometime? I am in love with this game, but I'm starting to tire of playing with mute strangers.

If so, send me a friend request; my gamertag is BENJO KAZ00IE (that's two zeroes in Kaz00ie), and send a message with it so I know you're from GAF.

Sai

So I just played my first few rounds of multiplayer today... It's okay. I can see the appeal, but I don't think I can stick with it. :/

Even though I want those Achievements...

Sai said:
So I just played my first few rounds of multiplayer today... It's okay. I can see the appeal, but I don't think I can stick with it. :/

Even though I want those Achievements...

Gets better the more you play. Also to get used to it, switch to Manhunt. It's like hide and seek and you don't have to worry about someone killing you while you are on the hunt for someone else.

Soda

Soda said:
Has anyone bought something from this website? Everything on here looks too good to be true (and the website looks really shitty).

http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/product_used.php?products_id=-352331

I cancelled my order. After 60 hours they didn't ship it, now I'm pissed I opted to save 7 bucks instead of getting it on Amazon. Now it went up to 35 on Amazon grrr. As soon as this hits 30 bucks again I'm buying it.

If you guys could go to Amazon's Assassins Creed Brotherhood page and submit a lower price notification from this website:

http://www.pcrichard.com/catalog/pr...rk=gdfV2677_a_7c796_a_7c3452_a_7c008888346258

for 24.96 and 2.99 shipping, the sooner I can play online with you all!

Sai

OldJadedGamer said:
Gets better the more you play. Also to get used to it, switch to Manhunt. It's like hide and seek and you don't have to worry about someone killing you while you are on the hunt for someone else.
I'll try to stick with Manhunt then. Thanks.

mt1200

Hi gaf.

I just got my AC brotherhood for 360.

But sometimes at random, I hear whispers or faint voices while playing the single player campaign, what does that mean.

Please answer me without spoilers.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
mt1200 said:
Hi gaf.

I just got my AC brotherhood for 360.

But sometimes at random, I hear whispers or faint voices while playing the single player campaign, what does that mean.

Please answer me without spoilers.

I think that's in the music, if I recall right. It's just some weird ambiance.

Salazar

Blue Ninja said:

Good heavens, no. Wild West Assassin's Creed is probably the worst, but they all suck.

Top Bottom