• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

SamuraiX-

iNvidious01 said:
I think its going to be set in 18th century france, at the end you see the symbol which appeared on the declaration of the rights of man, shaun is cut off right before he is about to tell everyone he recognises the symbol.

also found this, usermade from deviantart but looks cool

assassin__s_creed_3_poster_by_boup0quod-d3a8ojq.jpg

Wow. Really cool. Could've fooled me easy.

Acheron

Banned
I like the concept of the French Revolution. But at the same point, Assassin's Creed III should wrap up this story arc and that would seem to only be possible if a significant portion of it was spent in the 2012 time frame. I am absolutely baffled as to how they will incorporate automatic weapons into AC (it would be silly if Abstergo guards are using batons and swords), but I guess it would make sense if half the game was sandbox Revolutionary Paris, and the other half was a far more tightly scripted modern Paris that was on-rails similar to the Brotherhood endgame.

Vigilant Walrus said:
I've not played Brotherhood but I have said this since the announcement of AC2:

Q: Why the French Revolution?

3) Paris is one of the most amazing cities on earth. crawling it's monuments.. it's one of the few were they could 1-up on Rome. It's simply Paris.

Yeah.. I don't know. It just feels like a safe bet it will be french revolution. It has to. Horses, rifles with bayonettes, prostitutes going gun ho in the eifel tower.. the diversity of that monster of a city.
And the violence... jesus.

Yeah... But not to piss on anybody's parade, the Eiffel Tower and the Arc De Triomphe (the most famous monuments in Paris) weren't built until after the French Revolution - the Arc five or six years after, the tower 90ish years after. So if the game is set then, there won't be any climbing of them.

If it is Paris, I'd assume that they'll have Modern Paris as well to let you rip on those monuments (a la the end of Brotherhood).

Dreavus

Been playing this game on ps3 but I might double dip for PC (for the first time ever) when the price drops. I was worried I wouldn't be able to run it well but I'm pretty sure I won't have much of a problem. It'll be a pain to unlock all the multiplayer stuff all over again though.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Crewnh said:
Did you get the Armor of Brutus?
Yeah, and the Romulus Lairs were fantastic, particularly the one with the rain and lightning. AC3 better have weather cycles now.

I wasn't a big fan of how the Armor looked so I switched to the Drachen armor and kept the stats of it (costumes let you do that).

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
fizzelopeguss said:
The armour looked like shit, the dagger was sweet though.
Yeah, I rocked that dagger and the Sword of
Altair
from the Assassin's Guild challenges. It will be interesting to see how the other guild weapons hold up against the dagger.

Stallion Free said:
Yeah, and the Romulus Lairs were fantastic, particularly the one with the rain and lightning. AC3 better have weather cycles now.

I wasn't a big fan of how the Armor looked so I switched to the Drachen armor and kept the stats of it (costumes let you do that).

It's all about the Armor of Altair:

Zw-altairarmor.png

keuja

whatevermort said:
Yeah... But not to piss on anybody's parade, the Eiffel Tower and the Arc De Triomphe (the most famous monuments in Paris) weren't built until after the French Revolution - the Arc five or six years after, the tower 90ish years after. So if the game is set then, there won't be any climbing of them.

If it is Paris, I'd assume that they'll have Modern Paris as well to let you rip on those monuments (a la the end of Brotherhood).

Good points... Maybe in a WW2 Paris settings with the city occupied by the Nazis then (like inglorious basterds).

JesseZao

RoaringHawk said:
Sure! But it's annoying if you are 1st and have 4 chasing after you.

Fair enough. Just gotta get creative with your hiding/blending skills at that point. Or hope they get killed while chasing you. I haven't leveled up a bunch yet, so I don't know how later upgrades would help. If I don't have a contract on me I'll usually run, but only until I'm in sight of the target.

I bought the game on launch day, and just realized I haven't even touched the multiplayer yet. Haven't bought the Da Vinci DLC yet, is it any good?

White Man

Acheron said:
I am absolutely baffled as to how they will incorporate automatic weapons into AC (it would be silly if Abstergo guards are using batons and swords), but I guess it would make sense if half the game was sandbox Revolutionary Paris, and the other half was a far more tightly scripted modern Paris that was on-rails similar to the Brotherhood endgame.

They could go back to the Vatican. I don't think the army or police there use anything but melee weapons and some pistols. Would have to be a fourth game though.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Just beat Da Vinci DLC and it was top-notch the whole way through. The final area looks gorgeous. I loved digging into Da Vinci's back story a bit more and seeing more of his relationship with Ezio.

I easily would have paid another 10$ to get this if I was playing on the consoles. If you enjoyed Brotherhood, you *need* to get this.

Also, the two Templar Lairs are pretty good. One is fairly standard, but Aqueducts was as good as the Romulus stuff.

Yea, it was really well-done. I said earlier that if they make them like this every year, I'd buy them.

What were your favorite moments?

Mine was probably

The Play & the whole sequence where Ezio stops La Volpe from killing Machiavelli, who was loyal the whole time. And afterwards, the ascension of Ezio.

"Go and kill them."

"Good advice."

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Acheron said:
I like the concept of the French Revolution. But at the same point, Assassin's Creed III should wrap up this story arc and that would seem to only be possible if a significant portion of it was spent in the 2012 time frame. I am absolutely baffled as to how they will incorporate automatic weapons into AC (it would be silly if Abstergo guards are using batons and swords), but I guess it would make sense if half the game was sandbox Revolutionary Paris, and the other half was a far more tightly scripted modern Paris that was on-rails similar to the Brotherhood endgame.
I don't expect AC3 to wrap it up this year, that's what AC3.5 is for next year.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Boombloxer said:
Yea, it was really well-done. I said earlier that if they make them like this every year, I'd buy them.

What were your favorite moments?

Mine was probably
I loved the Christina side story and pretty much all dialogue between Ezio and Da Vinci (particularly in the last DLC mission).

Van Buren

Tokubetsu said:
You get Christina missions by getting 100% synchs right?

A new Cristina mission is unlocked for every 15% total sync upto 75% total sync.

They're well worth unlocking since the narrative arc is well-written and gives closure to what Ezio has been doing while not fighting the Borgia over the course of the two games.

Dany

Banned
Tokubetsu said:
Damn, okay. I might have to go back and redo some missions then. I'm at 45? 50%? in Memory 7.

Are you buying Rome? You can easily get 100% of rome before Sequence 8. That alone will get your overall % higher than simply getting 50% sync.

Got 100% synchronization in all of Brotherhood!! 'il Principe' unlocked. Never thought I'd do it, that tank mission was giving me hell.

Just finished it last night. Damn what a game!
Sadly I had to rush through it so I missed Christina missions altogether and also I heard and saw some stuff about parachute that you can get from Da Vinci. How do you get it? Is it the DLC or?

In any case thanks GOD for free roaming after the credits. I can revisit the game later on and fool around as I wish :p

Melhisedek said:
Just finished it last night. Damn what a game!
Sadly I had to rush through it so I missed Christina missions altogether and also I heard and saw some stuff about parachute that you can get from Da Vinci. How do you get it? Is it the DLC or?

In any case thanks GOD for free roaming after the credits. I can revisit the game later on and fool around as I wish :p

Complete all of Leonardo's missions.

You can't access Cristina's missions? It has a broken heart icon.

I can access them (I have one broken heart on my map right now) but I just can't help myself and I rush through the game for the story. I can't seem to find the balance between side missions and main story :)
I've read that Catharina missions require certain synchronization nr to be accessible and I knew that I won't be going for 100% so that's why I skipped it.

Had two days to beat the game before wife and kid come back so I had to rush it :)

Melhisedek said:
I can access them (I have one broken heart on my map right now) but I just can't help myself and I rush through the game for the story. I can't seem to find the balance between side missions and main story :)
I've read that Catharina missions require certain synchronization nr to be accessible and I knew that I won't be going for 100% so that's why I skipped it.

Had two days to beat the game before wife and kid come back so I had to rush it :)

You can replay missions to get 100% sync in them, just press start and select them from the dna menu. Cristina missions opens every 15% total sync intervals.

syoaran

Stallion Free said:
By the way I started to listen (about 5 minutes in) to that and it was such good analysis that I had to stop because I was afraid I might spoil something that ends up being huge later on in the series. But yeah, really good stuff and definitely a voice that is easy to listen to.

Was missing a lot of info. Ignored the animus ending, Subject16 completely, The documents from Romulus etc. Unless you were being sarcastic?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
syoaran said:
Was missing a lot of info. Ignored the animus ending, Subject16 completely, The documents from Romulus etc. Unless you were being sarcastic?
I don't give a shit if he was missing stuff, I just would rather kinda go into the rest of the story blind and without speculation.

I do appreciate that he was willing to share his thoughts.

syoaran

Stallion Free said:
I don't give a shit if he was missing stuff, I just would rather kinda go into the rest of the story blind and without speculation.

I do appreciate that he was willing to share his thoughts.

Thats fair enough and if thats where you were coming from then its good and putting the major plot device out there, it just ignores the game changers from Brotherhood that made the most impact - so I wouldn't use his analysis. Maybe I've just been spoiled by WoW related podcasts in the past, which are almost fanatical in their detail and datamining ability!

Trickster

How to I access the stuff I unlock via the UPLAY point or whatever they are? Also, is the leonardo da vinci dlc content really free? It cost me no UPLAY point.

Riposte

Does the DLC fit into the story as well as AC2's? Or should I wait until I've beaten the game first?

Also restarting until you get 100% sync seems like the best way to enjoy this game. Too easy otherwise.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Beat the main game first and then play it. Chronologically it takes place between Sequence 8 and 9, but it works best played after everything. It's more like a side story, giving more background on Ezio and Da Vinci rather than an actual Memory taken right out of the main plot.

Trickster said:
But don't I have to download the content somewhere first?
Nope, it was downloaded with the main game. It's kinda weird you have to use U-Play to unlock it.

O D I N

keuja said:
Assassins in a french revolution setting would be pretty neat.
Made me think of:

1royG.jpg

At first I hated the French Revolution idea.

Then you posted that.

Thank you.

I still haven't beaten AC:B yet, just got it a few weeks ago.

I've been playing Brotherhood for a while now and finally finished the game half an hour ago. This game blew me away. Not because Brotherhood is the best game I've ever played (it isn't), but because my expectations were pretty low. I mean, c'mon, a new Assassin's Creed in the same setting, just a year after the last main title and with multiplayer and then even at full price? I thought Ubisoft was CoD-fying the AC franchise, but man, this game was good. Really, really good. Imo not better than the second game, mainly because the Tuscany is by far superior than Rome (same as in rl :p), but it's still a high quality game. And the ending, oh God, the ending. It wasn't what I expected and it didn't get me as much as I expected (read in an AC3 thread that it would be "depressive"), but it was still sad. That said,
no way Lucy is or remains dead
. Anyway, if this is Ubi's take on an annual cash-in, then yes, please, give me more.

I really want to know where the story is going with the next game.

Curufinwe

I have a question about getting perfect synch on memories. Last night I got to the very end of the Castello Crasher memory without being detected, and then I got seen by the last guard before the final two. This guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMzbFQ1HAIA#t=10m50s

So I quit the game and reloaded from the last checkpoint before that guard, and then killed him without being detected and finished the memory. But I only got 50% synch. :(

So to get perfect synch on a memory, you have to do it all in one go without ever failing the requirements?

iNvid02

Curufinwe said:
I have a question about getting perfect synch on memories. Last night I got to the very end of the Castello Crasher memory without being detected, and then I got seen by the last guard before the final two. This guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMzbFQ1HAIA#t=10m50s

So I quit the game and reloaded from the last checkpoint before that guard, and then killed him without being detected and finished the memory. But I only got 50% synch. :(

So to get perfect synch on a memory, you have to do it all in one go without ever failing the requirements?

i think so yeah, similar thing happened to me. i was aiming for perfect synch, castle level was going quite well (was only on my 2nd attempt) and made it through. 2 guards left with their backs turned facing christina in the cell, i walk up to assassinate them and one guy turns around despite him being dead and i don't get the synch. i called bullshit and stopped trying for 100%

I really enjoyed the game, even if the entire Bortherhood thing really is underwelmed.

It's just a gimmick, something you managed from a menu. Of course, there's the lair and you can call buddies to help you, but the game never, at any point, felt like you are part of a really brotherhood.

I juste felt like playong AC2 again. It's not a bad thing, but the entire brotherhood thing could have been digged down way further. I would have loved to see assassin's in the streets doing random stuff, like protecting citizen, picking fights against Borgias, etc... You know, being there, doing stuff...

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
iNvidious01 said:
i think so yeah, similar thing happened to me. i was aiming for perfect synch, castle level was going quite well (was only on my 2nd attempt) and made it through. 2 guards left with their backs turned facing christina in the cell, i walk up to assassinate them and one guy turns around despite him being dead and i don't get the synch. i called bullshit and stopped trying for 100%
I decided to stop caring after failing at the end of that mission too lol.

Chris R

Just started this after beating ACII, shame I won't be able to get 1000/1000 but whatever :(

Can someone explain why the game runs and looks like shit compared to ACII? I'm getting scan lines, popin, unstable framerate, ect when ACII was solid as a rock. Pretty jarring coming off one right onto the next :| Yes, both games were properly installed on my 360.

Top Bottom