• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed II - The |OT|

Just got platinum!

Started on 12/31 and just finished on 1/2.

3 LONG DAYS! haha

The 100 feathers thing was kind of a bitch..... made me wish I didn't love my brother.:D

TTG

Man, I can not get the timing down for countering the knights and spear guys. Dodging is a nice change of pace and all, but it still sucks that I can't counter those guys consistently. What stat regulates that, speed or deflection?

Styles

Just finished the game. Amazing. The last few sequences became much more interesting and the ending really made me get hyped for AC3.

Now I need 3 more trophies until I get the platinum trophy.

Vect said:
Just finished the game. Amazing. The last few sequences became much more interesting and the ending really made me get hyped for AC3.

Now I need 3 more trophies until I get the platinum trophy.

I wonder if we will be playing as desmond in the future???

That would be fucking nuts if we find out the whole time that we were actually playing from a guy in the future in Desmonds body doing the AC and AC2 stuff.

kind of like a threesome

jergrah

Did anyone have an issue with The Truth puzzle titled "Brothers"? On the first clue you are supposed to decrypt, it has the wheel/circles of pictures. I cant select the final wheel to turn, it will only allow me to select the last 2 wheels/circles together -- so I cannot ever solve the puzzle and progress to the 2nd one. The entire picture is solved with the exception of that final outer circle, but since I cannot select just it - I cant solve it. Not sure if its a bug or if Im simply doing something wrong (though Ive had no issues with the previous puzzles).

Thanks in advance!

BJK

jergrah said:
I cant select the final wheel to turn, it will only allow me to select the last 2 wheels/circles together -- so I cannot ever solve the puzzle and progress to the 2nd one.

Since you know what the picture is supposed to be, set the outer circle where it needs to be, and get the other rings of the circle to line up with that. It's frustrating to have to move some of the inner circles out of alignment in order to bring the entire picture together....but it is doable. (If it weren't, the rest of us couldn't have finished the game already.)

I just Started playing AC2 and I hated AC1, and yet I am loving AC2. I can't put my finger on the difference and why I like it more. It seems like, while still a mess the controls have been cleaned up and I like Ezio as character over Altiar. Can some shed light on why I feel this way, or is anyone else having the same experience?

jergrah

BJK said:
Since you know what the picture is supposed to be, set the outer circle where it needs to be, and get the other rings of the circle to line up with that. It's frustrating to have to move some of the inner circles out of alignment in order to bring the entire picture together....but it is doable. (If it weren't, the rest of us couldn't have finished the game already.)

That's the issue - I cant select just the outer circle, it always grabs the last 2 circles. Ill give it another shot tonight, I closed and re-opened the puzzles a handful of times last night without any success - trying to move to the outer circle first and everything else I could think of but it would always grab the final 2. Hopefully when I reload my game and go back in I have more success - thanks for the quick reply!

adg1034 said:
If I'm remembering this correctly, take the outer 2 circles and position them so that the outermost one is where it needs to be. Then, focus on the inner circles. There should be at least one that turns the second-to-last one, too.

Ahhh - thanks, I get it now. I think that's the same thing BJK was saying I just didnt interpret it correctly. Thanks for the help guys!

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Any ETA on the two DLC memory sequences? I know one was slated for January, and the other for February. I was just wondering if we had anything more specific now that it's 2010.

Also, what about the preorder bonus maps?

Does this game have any showstopping bugs like the original did? I don't want to fucking kick myself for not reading this thread before playing through.

adg1034

jergrah said:
That's the issue - I cant select just the outer circle, it always grabs the last 2 circles. Ill give it another shot tonight, I closed and re-opened the puzzles a handful of times last night without any success - trying to move to the outer circle first and everything else I could think of but it would always grab the final 2. Hopefully when I reload my game and go back in I have more success - thanks for the quick reply!

If I'm remembering this correctly, take the outer 2 circles and position them so that the outermost one is where it needs to be. Then, focus on the inner circles. There should be at least one that turns the second-to-last one, too.

Playing through right now, and really enjoying it. Can anyone tell me what Uplay things are worth unlocking? I was thinking about going for the Altair outfit but hadn't gotten much farther than that.

Struct09

Son of Godzilla said:
Does this game have any showstopping bugs like the original did? I don't want to fucking kick myself for not reading this thread before playing through.

Haven't heard of any major bugs, but there is a missable achievement/trophy. Make sure to kick a guard when you're using the flying machine.

Missable achievements should be outlawed in open world games. I hate them (missed that silly one for
beating up the crazies right before the final boss
in Arkham Asylum).

Jhoan

I got it last week and beat it at midnight on New Years Day. It pretty much blew AC1 out of the water in almost every aspect. It's a great sequel. I enjoyed the going through the Assassin's Tombs. The platforming in those sections were pretty awesome and I think it gives the POP games a run for its money. Desmond's thoughts of the ending summed up my thoughts
WTF?
. The plot keeps getting crazier and crazier but I'm loving it. I also loved using the axe and the spear as I found them to be more fun to use than the standard weapons (although the double hidden blade and the fists were as equally fun to use) and I would have liked Ezio to carry them on him. 960/1000; I've collected 52 feathers without a FAQ, the rest are gonna be a pain in the ass to find but I'm up for it and thankfully they make a sound. In terms of technical issues, the game did freeze on me about twice and I stuck inside a rooftop in the
Final Assassination at the Vatican
due to polygon breakups. I might get the DLC since I enjoyed the game a lot.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I was able to get all of the uPlay unlockables.

Struct09 said:
Haven't heard of any major bugs, but there is a missable achievement/trophy. Make sure to kick a guard when you're using the flying machine.

The upcoming DLC is supposed to rectify this little issue.
As would the ability to replay memory sequences, ala AC1 and AC PSP.
I'm still hoping for that particular feature.

Did anyone ever figure out what the relatively recent 1.01 update did?

Dave1988

Mejilan said:
I was able to get all of the uPlay unlockables.

The upcoming DLC is supposed to rectify this little issue.
As would the ability to replay memory sequences, ala AC1 and AC PSP.
I'm still hoping for that particular feature.

Did anyone ever figure out what the relatively recent 1.01 update did?

Patch notes.

Fixed: Situation specific bugs

Glyph
After the player has resolved a glyph (when the unlock code message appears), if the player presses A and B (for 360, X and O on PS3) repeatedly and quickly, the video will appear in full screen, and he will get stuck in "the truth menu".

Fast Travel
Some feedback states that Ezio loses the ability to interact with the fast travel stations.

Free roaming/Parkour
In extremely rare occasions a bug allows Ezio to walk on air.

Auditore Cape
When first equipping or re-equipping the Auditore cape, users in the Villa become notorious even if the cape description says otherwise.

Altaïr’s armour
While wearing Altair's armour the game crashes when performing multiple consecutive double assassinations.

Toscana
The game occasionally crashes if the player dies in Toscana, the player is stuck in the animus loading screen.

Water
Ezio and NPCs may get stuck beneath map if pushed in water.

Animus Loading Screen
There were reports of the game crashing while the player is in the Animus loading screen

Fixed: Mission specific issues

Sequence 05 Mission 01
The game froze after completing the mission and following certain steps.

Sequence 06 Mission 02
An extremely rare issue could make the game freeze while Ezio is fighting the guards.

Sequence 07 Mission 02
Sometimes the civilians knocked down by Rosa could “float”.

Sequence 07 Mission 07
When the user is in an open conflict, under specific situations the game crashed.

Sequence 08 “Venezia”
If a player desynchronises during the flying machine sequence, the player sometimes spawned near Leo's workshop and not on the tower.

Secret Location: “Vizitatione”
The user remains stuck after locking onto the agile guard with the gun.

Sequence 11 Mission 05
The user cannot continue gameplay after quitting and loading the game. They are stuck in the hideout.

Sequence 14 Mission 02
The user falls through the texture if he is hit with rocks by the guards while climbing

Sound enhancement:

5.1 LPCM support

Question about the first Glyph in the game

I Just started the game and I see the first glyph on the map and when I got to its location and can't find anything and it says it's right there, am I missing something?

Ken Masters said:

I Just started the game and I see the first glyph on the map and when I got to its location and can't find anything and it says it's right there, am I missing something?
eaglevision

Just beat it. Ending spoilers:
Don't understand how Rodrigo stabbed Ezio right in the gut and he just got up and went on his merry way?

Jazzy Network said:
Just beat it. Ending spoilers:
Don't understand how Rodrigo stabbed Ezio right in the gut and he just got up and went on his merry way?
Wait?
A dude is put in to a computer game, to relive his ancestors memories, and his ancestors are assassins they jump off of building into bails of hay and survive, they can climb pretty much anything, and run forever without getting tired and you are wondering why a dude can survive, what is in comparison to all that a paper cut?
come on.

practice02 said:
Wait?
A dude is put in to a computer game, to relive his ancestors memories, and his ancestors are assassins they jump off of building into bails of hay and survive, they can climb pretty much anything, and run forever without getting tired and you are wondering why a dude can survive, what is in comparison to all that a paper cut?
come on.

Well obviously the dagger in his gut is meant to kill him. Him just getting up after that makes no sense in the context.

Filldough

Neuromancer said:
Playing through right now, and really enjoying it. Can anyone tell me what Uplay things are worth unlocking? I was thinking about going for the Altair outfit but hadn't gotten much farther than that.

If you play thru the whole game you should unlock everything in UPlay. Nothing is really all that grand and spectacular but its kindof a nice a idea. Too bad its a Ubi thing instead of an upgrade for achievements and trophies. Love trophies and all that but some tangible rewards would make them... well, you know, rewarding.

Played for about 2 1/2 hours so far, and everything really is improved since AC1. The story presentation especially is keeping me MUCH more engaged with the characters, and everything happening around Ezio.

Jazzy Network said:
Well obviously the dagger in his gut is meant to kill him. Him just getting up after that makes no sense in the context.
I believe it's the
Piece of Eden that created the illusion that Rodrigo stabbed him, but he really didn't. If you remember from the first game, Al Mualim does the same thing to Altair (with the same Piece of Eden), except Altair sees the illusion unlike in AC2.

faridmon

I was enjoying this game at my friends house but i am saddened that i won't be able to finish this game any time soon since i am going back to london for University.

I finished the mission farewell Francesco and climbing that place was sort of chore but that was fun mission. how much longer do i still have for the game to be completed?

the game still have its cons and they are annoying but i am really enjoying it so far. Although its baffels me that people made this game as thier GOTY, but again thats just me .

I think i am the only one but i really love Shaun Hastings. i always chuck whenever he talk to desmond in a mean way, fantastic script, simple but sometimes simple is the better way to go.

i specially like the first part ypu meet him.

'' hello Desmond, go away''
'' which part of '' I am busy'' don't you understand? Is it the ''I'' bit which refers to myself, is it the ''am'' bit which refres to my action, or is it the ''busy bit which refers to........ I AM BUSY''

that part made me laugh for some reason.

faridmon

Ken Masters said:

that first bit is the only bit that the game actually tell you where is it exactly. Where you are standing just press triangle and automatically you are referred to the puzzle which, mind you, i have to say it was quite challanging compared to the 2nd and the 3rd one.

Orbitcube said:
I believe it's the
Piece of Eden that created the illusion that Rodrigo stabbed him, but he really didn't. If you remember from the first game, Al Mualim does the same thing to Altair (with the same Piece of Eden), except Altair sees the illusion unlike in AC2.

Sounds like it makes sense. Game really doesn't make it very clear of what happened there.

Finished it, and very happy with the game, really enjoyed it.
The ending was actually quite great (the Ezio part anyway). Not entirely un-expected but gave me a big cheesy smile for some reason.

I did feel however that some of the latter areas (last 1/4) weren't as well polished as the rest of the game. Some ledges Ezio would make some really weird jumps off etc. The catacombs were a bit like this as well.

Tigel

I finished the game some days ago and I really enjoyed it. Much, much better than the first one, in every possible way.

However, I thought the ending was kinda bad. I mean
Oh noes, pole inversion! It's the end of the world!! It didn't help that 2012 (the movie) came out in the same time period I guess...

Finished it tonight. Fantastic game! One of the best I've played all year (2009) along with Uncharted 2 and Batman: Arkham Asylum. Got every achievement as well. In all, a million times better than AC1 in every single way. And the ending left me begging for AC3. Can't wait!

Did anyone here play 10+ hours of AC2, then take a break to check out UC2? Bad idea.

In UC2, I'm getting sooooo frustrated with needing to find the single path up a wall or the linear route to sneaking up on guards. Not trying to bash the game, but AC2 spoiled me for platforming and multiple ways of doing things.

affableamerican said:
Did anyone here play 10+ hours of AC2, then take a break to check out UC2? Bad idea.

In UC2, I'm getting sooooo frustrated with needing to find the single path up a wall or the linear route to sneaking up on guards. Not trying to bash the game, but AC2 spoiled me for platforming and multiple ways of doing things.
Especially once you get the Jump + Grab move from Venice. After that, everytime I had to shimmy around the side of the tower I was like "fuck you, game!" and jumped up and saved myself like a couple of seconds of climbing.

jett

D-Member
affableamerican said:

It was the opposite for me in my first playthrough of AC2. I thought AC2 looked pretty awesome, played UC2 for a bit and suddenly AC2 started looking like fucking ass. :lol

In terms of platforming controls, I think I like the way Drake controls better. Despite the linear pathway, it feels smoother. And despite the open-world design, Ezio feels a lot more rigid. Contradicting. :p

Agree on the visuals, but AC2 is still a good-looking game (characters aside). And I really enjoyed the platforming in UC1. I'm just in parkour, open-world mode playing UC2 now, and I need to change my mindset if I'm going to have fun with it.

Anyway, not trying to derail a thread. Can't wait to get back to scaling new viewpoints!

Elhandro

jett said:
It was the opposite for me in my first playthrough of AC2. I thought AC2 looked pretty awesome, played UC2 for a bit and suddenly AC2 started looking like fucking ass. :lol

In terms of platforming controls, I think I like the way Drake controls better. Despite the linear pathway, it feels smoother. And despite the open-world design, Ezio feels a lot more rigid. Contradicting. :p

WHAT !, emphasis on the Huh...

AC 2 is a great looking game. Especially when you consider its an entire City with hundreds of people with their own routines rather than just a random street with dudes poppin out of you. Not to mention the connect the dot platforming.

White Man

I liked this game a ton.

The only thing that really let me down was the story. I liked the story plenty in the original game, but I couldn't even tell you what the story in this one was beyond the revenge plot, aside from the Borgia bits. Speaking of which, no Cesare or Lucrezia is kind of a mistake--they're by far the more interesting Borgias. Also,
Machiavelli as an assassin should have been a larger part of the plot

But hey, I just played Dante's Inferno, and that makes me thankful that those retards weren't in charge of AC2's story. I'm even more confused now about why it's titled the way it is than I was when it was first announced.

conman

White Man said:
The only thing that really let me down was the story. I liked the story plenty in the original game, but I couldn't even tell you what the story in this one was beyond the revenge plot, aside from the Borgia bits.
But even the Borgia stuff was seriously muted. If not for the almost totally absent Renaissance Italy plot, AC2 would have replaced the first game at the top of my personal favorites. But the Ezio plot-line was so poorly constructed that AC2's nowhere near the top of that list. It's an excellent game, but falls far short of the exceptional greatness of the first game.

MMaRsu said:
The fuck? The graphics are fucking amazing, not to mention artstyle. Sure characters up close aren't as detailed.. but what the hell, this isn't UC2 or anything :p. It's a big ass open world with alot of characters walking around..

Fucking amazing? Come on now. There ar eplenty of examples of fucking amazing graphics. You need not look further than GOTY quality out of Uncharted 2. I know it's a bit apples and oranges to compare them since AC2 is more open world, but good god does Uncharted 2 look good. Heck ignoring that, I think even Infamous looks better visually. Like you said the character modes are terrible and they zoom in on them all the time and they really stand out as looking bad. It's a huge hit on the visuals. Heck, I was super disapointed they couldn't even represent the Sisteen Chapel properly by at least texturing the artwork on the walls right. There are plenty of visual glitches, and while Italy looks pretty good, it's clear a lot of stuff is repeating a lot which makes it easier to do.

Frenck said:
How was AC a terrible game?

It was a damn good game that had some obvious design flaws. The core gameplay was fun and the world design was hailed as some of the best when it was released. It has a pretty good metascore too and somewhat of a cult following on GAF.

Those design flaws really dragged the game down though. The simple repetitive rinse and repeat nature of the game was a huge flaw. Go to the tower, go listen, do one other objective, go assassinate. Repeat. I was so bored halfway through at that point when I realized I was doing the same time consuming thing over and over again. Then there was the lack of there being any real involvement with needing to plan your assassination. Simply rush, kill, leave. Some assassin. I still think assassinations should have been more involved along the lines of the Hitman series. Then there was the combat. It was so stupid that all you had to do was sit there and counter every single move. Man I should dig up my older thoughts on this game as it was just a bad and very disappointing game after all the hype. The only thing they got almost right was moving around the city and they even screwed that up at one point where you had to hop from posts in middle of the water to which if you did wrong, you'd die since you couldn't swim. It was totally stupid how they made movement go from super easy and automatic to suddenly needing precision. Terrible design all around.

There was no other game this year that was so much better than AC 2 that it would be laughable to count AC 2 as a GOTY contender. Modern Warfare 2 received tons of backlash and the SP campaign isn't even as long as a single memory block from AC 2. Uncharted 2 is the obvious GOTY favourite but it doesn't offer remotely as much content and variety as AC 2. Left 4 Dead 2 doesn't even have a real SP campaign and it's more of an expansion pack than a full sequel. What other games are GOTY contenders ahead of AC 2?

Heck, the other games I mentioned above are easily as repetitive as AC 1 yet they get a free pass for being shooters. Shooters can have repetitive game design but AC 1 is a terrible game because it repeats the same kind of (mostly optional) investigation missions before each main assassination.

I would say that you couldn't get this much game for your buck outside the RPG genre in 2009. If a game as flawed as Demon's Souls gets a shot at winning GOTY then AC 2 should at least be considered a close competitor.

Uncharted 2 is way better than AC2. In fact how can you even say it doesn't have remotely as much content given that it has the online modes to keep it going after you finish the game? The game is comparable in length in single player too. Batman Arkham Asylum is a better game. New Super Mario Bros is a better game. There are plenty of games that I felt stacked up better and as much as an improvement AC2 is over AC1, there are some still significant flaws to the game.

It was certainly more varied when moving through the main storyline but they left you no incentive to do anything on the side. It wasn't even an incentive to simply earn money to get things to help you because doing the normal game gave you pretty much all the money you needed, the building of the city gave you a ton of cash, and you really didn't need to buy much because of how easy combat was.

Combat still mostly has the issue of simply sitting back to counter. Assassinations are even more brain dead than the first game. In fact I thought it was stupid that they gave you a tip about guards changing between day and night and to plan your missions accordingly when that never ever came into play.

The two biggest changes for the sequel to me was the structure of the storyline and how it mixed up gameplay as you progressed and the inclusion of the tomb platforming. Those two areas helped increased the interest and quality of the game but it still has a lot of flaws and it's even laughable to see people say the game is polished when it clearly isn't.

Socreges said:
I agree about there being some bugs, but otherwise your "not even GOTY quality" points confound me. I never played the first game, though, so maybe I can't understand the source of your frustration.

See above for the most part, but to me AC2 is a B game at best, with the first being like a C- to even maybe a D+. The bugs, the glaring gameplay issues still, and really just other games out there that are definitely A games just really makes me not think it belongs to being in consideration of GOTY.

Aspiring

OK so i was really enjoying this when i got it, but pit it down to conecentrate on Uncharted 2. Having finished UC2 2 days ago, started on this again, and can i say the controls are fucking horrible. Why do i have to hold R1 to jump? Also in UC2 when climbing you can press the jump button the climb faster and reach for the next ledge. Why on earth if i press jump iin this game does he jump to his death? In the race mission where the idea is to be quick its frustrating! Yeah i am getting used to them again but its frustrating. UC2 is perfect in this regard.

Other than that though its a fantastic game, and seem really big. I think its goingh to take me a while, as before i do my main mission, i collect all treasure/ side quests before moving with the main missions. Cant wait for my little one to go to bed to play some more.

Always-honest said:
infamous looks better??^^

I remember it looking better, but it's been awhile since I put that down. I'll be glad to go pop it in and maybe take back that claim. I most certainly don't remember being taken aback about how the visuals look like I did with AC2. I'm not the biggest fan of Infamous either.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I really enjoyed AC2 but overall I hated the controls, my index finger got sore from holding down RT the ENTIRE FREAKIN GAME. It was fun, though.

White Man

conman said:
But even the Borgia stuff was seriously muted. If not for the almost totally absent Renaissance Italy plot, AC2 would have replaced the first game at the top of my personal favorites. But the Ezio plot-line was so poorly constructed that AC2's nowhere near the top of that list. It's an excellent game, but falls far short of the exceptional greatness of the first game.

spoilers ahoy
Before I bitch about the story any more, I'd just like to say that I kinda stopped caring about it by the time I was about halfway through the game. It's not that I couldn't follow the story; I just kinda stopped caring. I kinda wish more games that had large casts would take the MGS angle and have a "Last time on MGS" paragraph or so during load times. On one particular night, I came home and scrolled through everything in the AC2 Data portion of the menu, looking for info on what I was supposed to do next (I probably ended staying up way too late the previous night and skipped through the cutscenes so I could get to bed). I didn't find any clear information outside of the clue on the main options page, and that usually was only a brief sentence. Luckily the game is good with marking things on the map.

This next bitching point I may be a bit off on--not paying full attention means I could have easily missed something--but, uh, how far into the game do they specifically say Rodrigo Borgia's full name in regards to him being the leader of the conspiracy? Early on, they constantly refer to him as The Spaniard in such a way that implies that they weren't sure of his identity, but if you go and read through everything in the options/data screen, he is identified as the leader pretty early on, I'm almost sure I noticed his name in the data files before his name was mentioned in the game.

Even Ezio's story is kind of blah. Outside of maybe the chapter during which he gets the villa, there's next to no development for his character once you first become the assassin. He basically doesn't change at all. This isn't necessarily a bad thing for games to do, but AC2 clearly has some ambitions about its story. There were also a number of times that a mission or sequence will seem to abruptly end. This is especially true towards the end, when they should have just named the Sequence "OK Just Kill the Last Bunch of Dudes Without Any Build-up."

I'd toss it in and start a new game and check, but I've moved on to Uncharted 2. And I'll also echo the sentiment shared by people above. I'll be running around and shooting while rushing off a ledge expecting to jump, or try to turn on Ezio's Assassin Vision to find the hidden treasures. I have totally Three Stooged up a number of fights.

I also think the controls are a bit worse than the first game. I never had very many problems in the first game, but in AC2 it seems like a duder can't even get a hooker without jumping down a hole or causing unintended disasters by giving the overly aggressive buskers the business. Coincidentally, I'm not super happy with Uncharted 2's controls. The roll and cover button doesn't work so hot in the heat of battle and the game has too many invisible walls encountered while jumping. The invisible wall issue is in AC2 as well, but only towards the end of the game, when things must have gotten rushed.

In the first game, I liked the framing story. In this one, I'm glad it wasn't nearly as prominent, probably because the inevitable shitty romance or weepy death scene that they are building up (shittily, mind you) up between Desmond Drake and 'Veronica My Show Got Cancelled for the Pussycat Dolls' Mars.

I could find things to complain about all night, but AC2 is probably my game of the year. And UC2 is turning out awesome as well. Better checkpoints and better battle pacing.

TTG

White Man said:
spoilers ahoy

even more major spoilers...

Ezio's story got off to a good start, but after you leave the villa for the first time he goes into Altair mode. Considering he's suppose to be the rookie for most of the game, I was expecting a lot more love interests/mishaps/general mischief. Outside of that, there were some... gaps. It seems like all of the main story missions had to be cut from Flori for whatever reason. I'm guessing the woman who Ezio helps in exchange for the boat ride was originally a big part of that, but as it stands she just shows up at the end. :lol I also think there probably was or should have been another intermission with some more visions and maybe another flashback to Altair, it seems like it was left unfinished. Or maybe they just liked the MGS4 dream sequence so much they decided to attempt one of their own. The bad guys weren't memorable at all as characters, but the scenarios were cool. The mascarade, flying machine and going to Rome... all very cool. Still very basic when it came to the execution; lacking any strategy or the need for a plan going in, maybe next time. These are all minor gripes though, I loved the first game and this one lives up to expectations and then some. The ending was pretty good, but with the way it was hyped up in this thread I was expecting some Matrix Reloaded style'd revelations. It seems like they're turning the focus back to the present, but I wouldn't mind another in-animus world for the third game.

I don't want to spend too much time reviewing the game, but I did want to mention that just about every addition to the formula worked brilliantly. The side missions, assassin tombs, the villa, the work they put into the set pieces for the assassination. They also need to relinquish more control over to the player as far as the parkour stuff. I don't remember ever wall jumping to anything in the first game and there's A LITTLE bit of that in this game along with the jump/grab mechanic. This needs to be developed even more, more advanced techniques for the sprint stuff and develop the climbing system to the point where climbing a huge tower is an actual challenge that demands some level of execution. They also need to develop some side stories that tie into the extra assassinations. Games like GTA do this all the time, it only adds to the over all personality of each city.

I'm gonna take another couple of days to run through the rest of the side missions before moving on to UC2. Speaking of which, I'm done with the game and there's a weapon I have yet to unlock. What's the deal? There's an empty space the rack with the hammers and clubs. :/

Top Bottom