• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed II - The |OT|

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
fernoca said:
What's the "limited edition Ezio costume" in Forli??
On the Xbox Live ad..it says that under the picture..but haven't seen any mention of it..

Hmm, first I hear of that.

Dogenzaka

Banned
spidye said:
I can't believe ubishit is getting away with this. 4$ for one hour and after you finished it you can't play it again.

What? Are you fucking serious?

What is Ubisoft trying to pull? First, leaving content out of the final game and charging us for it. Then the content is actually ridiculously short and we can't even play it separately like correct DLC? :l

Mejilan

NONE of the memory sequences in this game are replayable.
Why would anyone think that reinserted ones would be?

Mejilan

And they charged $60 for the other 12, more if you bought one of the LEs.
Big deal. Point is, they're there once you've purchased them. If you want to replay any of the memory sequences (DLC or otherwise), you'll have to start over.

Don't get me wrong, that memory sequences are not replayable is one of my chief complaints against the game on a whole. But I don't understand the surprised outrage over the fact that the DLC memory sequences mechanically follow the on-disc memory sequences.

thank god i didn't buy the dlc yet... wow ubi:

1 This should have been in the game from day 1
2 After you finish the game, you MUST, i repeat, MUST be able to play chapters again.

Although i loved the game, i think you are doing this the wrong way. you should see my face.. it's as if i smell something horrible.

Massa

Mejilan said:
And they charged $60 for the other 12, more if you bought one of the LEs.
Big deal. Point is, they're there once you've purchased them. If you want to replay any of the memory sequences (DLC or otherwise), you'll have to start over.

Don't get me wrong, that memory sequences are not replayable is one of my chief complaints against the game on a whole. But I don't understand the surprised outrage over the fact that the DLC memory sequences mechanically follow the on-disc memory sequences.

They charged $60 for the game and you can replay the game. I guess that's the difference that annoys people, but it's not worth discussing anyway... it can't be done, period.

But how does this DLC work anyway? If you have it installed and replay the game from the beginning does it change the actual game so that it plays all
memory sequences in the correct order?

Massa said:
They charged $60 for the game and you can replay the game. I guess that's the difference that annoys people, but it's not worth discussing anyway... it can't be done, period.

But how does this DLC work anyway? If you have it installed and replay the game from the beginning does it change the actual game so that it plays all
memory sequences in the correct order?

Yeah, I'd like to know that as well. If I begin again, can I play all the way through without skipping sequences?

I finished the game tonight. It was probably the most fun I've had with a singleplayer game this gen. I never got bored or tired of it. I was actually disappointed when it ended, not because I didn't like the ending but because it was over and I realized it will be another two years before I get a sequel.

Mejilan

Massa said:

And you can replay the DLC memory sequences as well... the same way you replay the rest of the game's memory sequences. By starting over. It sucks, but it is what it is. They re-inserted cut memory sequences. It's not shocking that they function similar to the game's standard memory sequences.

conman

Is the DLC really so good that you want to replay it in isolation? :D

And if you ever do get around to replaying the game (where there are many much better missions from the sounds of it), it'll be there waiting for you.

It really sounds to me like these missions and all of Forli (and the late game appearance of
Machiavelli
) really should have been cut from the game. Poor editing choice.

Of course, this game was so poorly paced (storywise) through the middle section of Ezio's plot that I shouldn't be surprised. Loved the game overall, but, man, is that one seriously meandering, meaningless "plotline." Especially compared to the tightly constructed storyline and structure of AC1 (say what you will of its other supposed flaws).

ugh, I'm getting really frustrated with this "messer sandman" trophy. I've sat here for 30 minutes now tailing guards and throwing sand in their faces. I got 4 at once 3-4 times and even got 6 at once, but still no TROPHY. WHAT GIVES?

apparently, all I had to do was post on Gaf about it. Got the trophy :lol

Also, the DLC seems to be more than an hour of content to me.... either way it was definitely worth my 4 bucks. And I was glad to see it was a 700MB download too... maybe that will stop the "PAYING TO UNLOCK ALREADY EXISTING CONTENT" bitches.

yeah right

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Am I still far off? I just currently
finished killing the Doce in the Carnavle

Oh and maybe it's just me but the game seems like I can platinum it without a problem. :D

ULTROS! said:
Am I still far off? I just currently
finished killing the Doce in the Carnavle

Oh and maybe it's just me but the game seems like I can platinum it without a problem. :D
If you don't mind searching feathers...

braves01

Banned
DigitalDevil said:
ugh, I'm getting really frustrated with this "messer sandman" trophy. I've sat here for 30 minutes now tailing guards and throwing sand in their faces. I got 4 at once 3-4 times and even got 6 at once, but still no TROPHY. WHAT GIVES?

I've also had irritating trophy problems, like finishing sequences 10, 11, and 14, and then not getting the trophy for completing them, and then not being able to replay the sequences even if I wanted to. :(

AwesomeSyrup said:
I finished the game tonight. It was probably the most fun I've had with a singleplayer game this gen. I never got bored or tired of it. I was actually disappointed when it ended, not because I didn't like the ending but because it was over and I realized it will be another two years before I get a sequel.

This is exactly how I felt. I loved it all. I didn't like AC1, but this one really wins!

Question though...

The Truth. I don't get it. I mean I get the point about
Us not being the first civilization and it ties in with the ending.
but I don't get the rest

Anybody else getting tons of animation glitches with the DLC/Patch? Like sometimes Ezio only does half of a kill animation and other times the 2nd part of the kill is sped up.

radiantdreamer said:
The Truth. I don't get it. I mean I get the point about
Us not being the first civilization and it ties in with the ending.
but I don't get the rest

My interpretation of The Truth is
that it seems like the story of the Garden of Eden is really like a liberation of humankind. I'm guessing that Minerva's race created humans as slaves (I think it might be like if we created true AI androids and put them to work). Adam and Eve are like the first Assassins (considering how they move) and they take the Apple and use it to liberate humans.

It will be really exciting to see what they do with Assassin's Creed 3. My guess is that it will take place
half in Eden with Adam/Eve and half in 2012 with Desmond.

I just beat the game last night myself and had a little bit of trouble going to sleep because
everytime I closed my eyes I saw Minerva staring out of the TV at me!

News Bot

Banned
Alright, this is kinda annoying me. Is there any way to remove all of Ezio's armour and have him return to his default state? I just don't like the bulky look. :lol

News Bot said:
Alright, this is kinda annoying me. Is there any way to remove all of Ezio's armour and have him return to his default state? I just don't like the bulky look. :lol

I've been wanting to do this as well. I'd take the hit in health if it meant a greater sense of danger against guards and hights and got back to the original look.

BurritoBushido said:
I just beat the game last night myself and had a little bit of trouble going to sleep because

After beating the game, getting the truth, and reading all the codex pages, it does make me wonder about life after death, the whole illuminati thing, and how "Nothing is true, everything is permitted" rings so strongly with my doubts and thoughts about life and what it means, as well as our society and how it came to be.

I've had these kinds of thoughts before, but this game just reinforces them. o_O

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
News Bot said:
Go to your house and go to the first door on the left (or maybe second... one of those rooms).

Should be able to change it in there. I think the most barebones you can go is with the leather upgrades.

Haven't played in a few weeks and never really took much notice of the armour, to be honest. Just look in the room. :p

News Bot

Banned
cjelly said:
Go to your house and go to the first door on the left (or maybe second... one of those rooms).

Should be able to change it in there. I think the most barebones you can go is with the leather upgrades.

Haven't played in a few weeks and never really took much notice of the armour, to be honest. Just look in the room. :p

Well I know that, but I don't want any armour at all. :p

spidye

BurritoBushido said:
It would have been really cool if she
actually talked to the player insted of desmond

spidye said:
It would have been really cool if she
actually talked to the player insted of desmond

Haha yeah I thought the same thing.
Yeah it really felt like that up until she said Desmond's name. I kind of wish they didn't do that and just let you infer that she was speaking to Desmond. Saying his name kind of broke the immersion of having a crazy Goddess lady talking to me.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Always-honest said:
If you don't mind searching feathers...

I was wondering about that, maybe I could use a guide or something.

edit: How do I get back to the
flying-machine sequence thing that Da Vinci designed for me used to enter the Doce's Palazzo
?

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
ULTROS! said:
I was wondering about that, maybe I could use a guide or something.

edit: How do I get back to the
flying-machine sequence thing that Da Vinci designed for me used to enter the Doce's Palazzo
?

After that mission you can't.
You can use it anytime you want in the DLC though since they added it.

ULTROS!

NinjaFridge said:
After that mission you can't.
You can use it anytime you want in the DLC though since they added it.

You mean I need to purchase the Battle of Forli in order to get back there? :|

Ok, wait a minute. Since they anachronistacally show a map of the entire modern world in both games, then doesn't that mean
those who came before are actually from the future? With the shifting plates and all and no sign of extreme destruction from the sun nor any remnants of "the old world".... seems they really are from the future.
So maybe someone's theory in the story discussion thread that
a future group of humans/templars/abstergo go back in time to control humanity and the world
is actually pretty close to being right? There is mention of
time travel
within the first game's e-mails.....

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
ULTROS! said:
You mean I need to purchase the Battle of Forli in order to get back there? :|

After you complete that mission, you cant use the flying machine again in the main story,
but if you buy the DLC you can as it is set up just outside Forli and you can use it whenever you want.

ULTROS!

NinjaFridge said:
After you complete that mission, you cant use the flying machine again in the main story,
but if you buy the DLC you can as it is set up just outside Forli and you can use it whenever you want.

Thanks!

Unfortunately I got the Chinese/Japanese version of it. So I guess the NA DLC won't work eh.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
So I just noticed that the 2nd DLC will include the 3 pre-order missions, as well. So much for them being free. :(

http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com/assassins-creed-2/dlc/

BONFIRE OF THE VANITIES + THREE TEMPLAR SECRET LOCATIONS

AVAILABLE FEBRUARY 25TH

Ezio is met at the entrance to Florence by Machiavelli – leader of the Florence mercenaries. He explains that the mad monk has taken control of the city. He’s used the apple to control the city’s Nine most influential citizens.

Expand the adventure with the additional content “Bonfire of the Vanities” and 3 exclusive missions: Palazzo Medici, Santa Maria Del Frari and Arsenal Shipyard.

conman

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Ok, wait a minute. Since they anachronistacally show a map of the entire modern world in both games, then doesn't that mean
those who came before are actually from the future? With the shifting plates and all and no sign of extreme destruction from the sun nor any remnants of "the old world".... seems they really are from the future.
So maybe someone's theory in the story discussion thread that
a future group of humans/templars/abstergo go back in time to control humanity and the world
is actually pretty close to being right? There is mention of
time travel
within the first game's e-mails.....
There are a bunch of possible explanations. But keep in mind that we have no idea when the events in The Truth video take place. But we do know where. If that
mountain in the background is indeed Kilimanjaro, then we know that the writers of the game are seriously screwing with the timeline and biological history of humankind
(duh). For example, if that video is taking place in
East Africa, then there's no biological or historical justification for why Adam and Eve have Caucasian features. Something else other than the "Origin of Humankind" is happening

My own theory is that it only seems like
time travel. But actually what could be happening is that Those Who Came Before are to human history what Desmond is to the past of his ancestors. It might seem like time travel, but it isn't. It's something else that only looks like time travel.

Point being, I wouldn't read much into the
geographical features of those world maps. The Truth video could be from events a mere two or three thousand years in the past. Which, BTW, isn't much different from how old Creation Scientists believe humans to be.

ULTROS!

Okay just finished the game and I have a couple of questions:

1. Is Subject 16 Altair?

2. What was Assassin's Creed I's relation to Assassin's Creed II? I've never played the first but I wouldn't mind being spoiled.

Oh and yea... After beating the game...

I just realized the game is sorta like a mashup of GTA, Metal Gear Solid, Uncharted, and Da Vinci Code. Had great fun though but the ending kinda fell short.

Now it seems very obvious Assassin's Creed III is coming.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Forgot to ask - was it confirmed that the 12th chapter has no achievements AND you can't play it again after you finish it?

I thought they were introducing a way to select missions, but I guess not.

firehawk12 said:
Forgot to ask - was it confirmed that the 12th chapter has no achievements AND you can't play it again after you finish it?

It's confirmed.

As in not being able to play it again, you can't select the memory in the DNA menu and replay it. You'll have to start a new game to play it.

firehawk12 said:

i was hoping for it. i won't play the game again before that happens by the way. it's a big deal.

conman said:
There are a bunch of possible explanations. But keep in mind that we have no idea when the events in The Truth video take place. But we do know where. If that
mountain in the background is indeed Kilimanjaro, then we know that the writers of the game are seriously screwing with the timeline and biological history of humankind
(duh). For example, if that video is taking place in
East Africa, then there's no biological or historical justification for why Adam and Eve have Caucasian features. Something else other than the "Origin of Humankind" is happening

My own theory is that it only seems like
time travel. But actually what could be happening is that Those Who Came Before are to human history what Desmond is to the past of his ancestors. It might seem like time travel, but it isn't. It's something else that only looks like time travel.

Point being, I wouldn't read much into the
geographical features of those world maps. The Truth video could be from events a mere two or three thousand years in the past. Which, BTW, isn't much different from how old Creation Scientists believe humans to be.

The date at the beginning of the full truth video says [date classified] BCE, which means it is in the past. I think the video is recorded from one of Subject 16's sessions in the Animus

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Too bad about the DLC. Maybe I'll grab chapter 13, but I feel like I'm kind of done with it at this point. Strange, because I was sure I was going to grab this stuff way back in November.

conman

BurritoBushido said:
The date at the beginning of the full truth video says [date classified] BCE, which means it is in the past. I think the video is recorded from one of Subject 16's sessions in the Animus
Correct on both counts. But, in line with what I said above, that means it could be
as recent as a little over 2,000 years old. That's not very old, especially if we're talking about the "origin of humanity." But more likely, they'll place it sometime before recorded human history. Say 4-5,000 years old.

conman said:
Correct on both counts. But, in line with what I said above, that means it could be
as recent as a little over 2,000 years old. That's not very old, especially if we're talking about the "origin of humanity." But more likely, they'll place it sometime before recorded human history. Say 4-5,000 years old.

I guess the only issue I have with this is there is no evidence of
the planet and an early civilization being wiped out by the sun. With the advanced structures in the truth video, I'm sure there'd be remains and ruins still around today since that was supposedly after the incident with the sun when they created mankind in their image. See what I'm getting at?

We do know that Templars have
"planted" a fake skeleton to link us to early primates as a way to distract us from the truth so maybe they have the power to hide any sign of an old civilization? I don't think I can accept that. The apple is powerful but if it has that amount of control over people, then there'd be no need to keep trying to up the ante.

Talon

conman said:
Ubisoft Montreal/Shanghai = Young Earthers confirmed.
:lol
ULTROS! said:
1. Is Subject 16 Altair?

2. What was Assassin's Creed I's relation to Assassin's Creed II? I've never played the first but I wouldn't mind being spoiled.
No. Subject 16 was some another person that was put through the Animus. Desmond is Subject 17, and he experienced Altair's journeys in Assassin's Creed I. Altair, like Ezio, was a forbear of Desmond. In ACI, you play as Desmond after he's been kidnapped by Abstergo and forced to use the Animus to experience Altair's journeys. Abstergo wants to use your "memories" as Altair to find one of the Pieces of Eden.

Feindflug

WTF at the DLC...only one hour, not anything special in terms of mission/gameplay, no achievements/trophies (that's the first time I've heard that..) and the next DLC will be the pre-order missions...OK I kept my 360 copy to get the DLC because I thought that it was a great experience but after all this BS from Ubisoft I'm selling it as I have no intention to play the game again.

thinklong

Neo Member
Finished this tonight... Loved everything about it pretty much.
Not feeling the ending though, just way too abrupt. But I liked the overall length of the game. Doubt I'll get the dlc based on what others have said.

aristotle

Man I'm glad I ran in here to read this topic. Sadly I didn't read it before I bought the DLC> I'm done with the game until they patch in a way to play the DNA sequences after you've beaten it. I wasted money on something that will take me hours to get to. Total bummer. I was planning on playing this tonight. Fix this already! :p

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
aristotle said:
Man I'm glad I ran in here to read this topic. Sadly I didn't read it before I bought the DLC> I'm done with the game until they patch in a way to play the DNA sequences after you've beaten it. I wasted money on something that will take me hours to get to. Total bummer. I was planning on playing this tonight. Fix this already! :p

You don't have to start again from the beginning to play the DLC. Sound like that's what you're saying.

Top Bottom