• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation |OT| VITA LA REVOLUTION

Kyon

Banned
So any general consensus which is the better game? I picked up liberty and haven't played 3 yet. Are they both worth buying?

Got 3 at launch and been playing it ever since, Liberation came in the mail earlier and I put it in...

Liberation is better. It could be more polished but in the end I found it more interesting than 3. I mean they are both AC3, but they are different.

the3ye

wow the voices are terrible, they sound like from very old radio, lol
hope there will be another patch fixing it. I don't even want to know how did it sound before the first one.

Overal nice game so far, some fighting glitches like standing dead guys, blade killings from distance, etc are anoying, but well..
uhh not very polished...and rushed IMHO...

MrBS

I should hate this game considering the auido issues and glitches but I'm enjoying it and I'm enjoying the fact this game exists on a portable.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not feeling this, but to be fair I never liked the whole series much. What keeps disappointing me are Vita's graphics. The graphics are very complex, and in that sense they are only comparable to other Vita games, not other mobile game is on par... but several handhelds games beat it in the IQ department and, like in UC:GA, such evident flaws brings down the whole presentation several notches for me. So much that I can't call the graphics "good". :/ Just imagine how good games can look if Vita's build upon the great advancements found in mobile engines instead of down-scaling from console graphics.

As to which is better, this or Ac3... I haven't played Ac3 but I played the original and AC2. This is seems so far to aim to a much lower scope since the start. This is expected, but I can't agree with people that state that this game is superior to Ac3 if it has any of the qualities of the previous games. A similar situation with UC:GA for me.

Massa

I'm not feeling this, but to be fair I never liked the whole series much. What keeps disappointing me are Vita's graphics. The graphics are very complex, and in that sense they are only comparable to other Vita games, not other mobile game is on par... but several handhelds games beat it in the IQ department and, like in UC:GA, such evident flaws brings down the whole presentation several notches for me. So much that I can't call the graphics "good". :/ Just imagine how good games can look if Vita's build upon the great advancements found in mobile engines instead of down-scaling from console graphics.

As to which is better, this or Ac3... I haven't played Ac3 but I played the original and AC2. This is seems so far to aim to a much lower scope since the start. This is expected, but I can't agree with people that state that this game is superior to Ac3 if it has any of the qualities of the previous games.

AC2 is still the best AC.

I'm confused by both the trading system and the multiplayer, anyone got any pointers? Loving this game so fa btw, and 3...this years AC showing is much stronger and more interesting.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I just killed four dudes and then four dudes automatically popped up back in their place as if I'd never killed anyone.

After watching a few AC3 streams, I could almost say that both games were rushed out a little too early to meet the Oct 30th date.

As for the "best AC" discussion. Uhm... The one that was most fun to play was Brotherhood for me. But in terms of setting/atmosphere/story, AC2 was probably my favourite.

I am really enjoying it so far... it looks great (though it could really use the full resolution of the Vita... Sony needs to force this or something) and plays pretty damn good too. The visuals while great, aren't as good as they should be, but I'll take it. I love having full control and the complete AC experience while I am laying down in bed; it doesn't feel watered down at all. The sound is a bit of an issue, but I notice this is one of those few games that sounds better without headphones that with. Not a fix, but it helps. Hopefully they patch it and maybe patch some of the random glitches people have been mentioning. I haven't really noticed much myself, but we'll see.

All in all, this is a good first effort from Ubisoft. There is definitely room for improvement, but in terms of gameplay, they did a good job.

Skilletor

Just had a pretty serious bug:

In one of the early missions when I had to "protect" somebody, the controls didn't prompt, so I couldn't counter or kill the person. All I could do was punch. I fought for 10 minutes wondering why the thug wouldn't die. I decided to run away, animus desynched, restarted, and now the controls are as they should be and I can fight properly. :/

I have a bugged dressing room in my game. I can't purchase it, and when I try to, the screen turns black and continues as though I can see normally. Have to restart the game to fix it lol.. pretty bizarre. Hoping it fixes itself in the next sequence, so that I can finally purchase all dressing rooms.

Quick

Banned
Okay, the Bayou looks pretty good. Just fucked up an alligator (I took your eggs, bitch!).

Not liking the weapon switching, but I guess mapping Eagle Vision to the up button makes it unusable for that. I want to map at least three weapons if the up button isn't available

oh great, game gets fun after you finish the dullass sequence 1.

really love moving through trees. Can't wait to check out 3 next month.

Is it just me, or is high profile mode... pretty unresponsive?

I thought my R trigger was busted, but it works fine in other games.

Like sometimes she's running along... then suddenly starts walking... then runs again o_O

Dawg

Some plot stuff I was wondering about:

Why did Aveline's mother warn for Agaté? Once you got to him, he had no interest in the artefact. Also, after killing your stepmother and Agaté, where the hell is she? Also, the first time you meet your mother, she just disappears after the cutscène, it felt kinda rushed

The worst part is
the stepmother though. That really feels like they added it last minute. Just think about it. If they made anyone else the bad guy, the stepmother could just have been...a normal stepmother who likes to help poor slaves, like any normal mother would. Same thing for the guy in the Connor mission. Sure, it *works* but it just doesn't work for me

And, lastly
Did anyone feel like Aveline sometimes made "puppet choices", like she made choices you didn't agree at all with. I never had that feeling with Ezio and Altair, they always did wat they thought was right. Aveline though, some of her choices made me go "goddamn, I do not agree. Why would you do that..

Played it for the first time yesterday. Really like it but being stick in "Lady" mode while trying to run from a bunch of guards is a pain in the ass.

Choc

Banned
Played it for the first time yesterday. Really like it but being stick in "Lady" mode while trying to run from a bunch of guards is a pain in the ass.

Pro tip for anyone new to the game. There is a sort of cheat i discovered accidentally

if you feel like you are in the wrong persona for the area you are in and the game agrees, when you restart checkpoint it auto changes you to that persona

:\

sajj316

wow the voices are terrible, they sound like from very old radio, lol
hope there will be another patch fixing it. I don't even want to know how did it sound before the first one.

Overal nice game so far, some fighting glitches like standing dead guys, blade killings from distance, etc are anoying, but well..
uhh not very polished...and rushed IMHO...

I would hope they address the compressed sounds and sound glitches with a patch. Consider it the equivalent of an HD texture patch.

Choc

Banned
There isn't any penalty for just stabbing everyone right?

Everyone shoving me around always seem to end up dead :(

well not aside from the bits you are not allowed to do that :p

guys i seriously am getting no issues with the sound. Are you on gamecards? because im on a PSN DL

Dawg

well not aside from the bits you are not allowed to do that :p

guys i seriously am getting no issues with the sound. Are you on gamecards? because im on a PSN DL

I have the DL too. Sometimes, I hear some kind of quality loss. Not sure if that's just the Vita speakers quality or the thing everyone is mentioning/

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I think I'd like a few more people on my PSN friends list. Anyone here still got a spot free? That will probably help with finding all the collectibles too.

PSN: TomaLexiVita

Z3M0G

The first week-long multiplayer round ended a few minutes ago. Red won, but I'm not sure if there is any way you would know this unless you knew where things stood just before it happened.

The entire map went Grey, and everything is up for claim.

I was sad to see that all my character skill ranks reset... :( But at least I kept all my assassins. And I was finally able to claim my geographical location as my home for a point boost.

I enjoyed the multiplayer more when I thought I could only log in every 30 min and perform one action per character... but since you can repeatedly attack, it takes about 20 minutes to extinguish all my energy. :/ So it lost a lot of its charm once I realized how long it takes to perform all your actions.

so the stats are totally messed up

apparently i have been playing for 31 mins and travels over 20k's

I have been playing for at least 3.5 hours lols

Im enjoying it. Got all the view points in the main town and the swamp. Still on sequence 3 only lol. I like to explore in these games.

However it seems to stick to the grand old AC tradition of missions going from totally pointless and strange to awesome and cinematic. Its like the missions were made by different people and they didnt communicate with each other at all lol.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
When you're fighting in MP is there any benefit to picking the battle where it'll cost you the most energy? The points seem to be the same regardless of who you fight.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Got to play a bit more of the game last night, maybe another two hours or so, and I'm really loving it. Not much more to say about it, really. It's Assassin's Creed, and if it's not your thing, this game, I don't think, is going to make it your thing.

I really like Aveline as a character, and the graphics are really impressive as well. I haven't had terrible performance issues for the most part. Negligible frame drops. The audio didn't seem god awful either, maybe because I'm playing with headphones? I don't know, but it didn't bother me.

Little bugs and glitches here and there, but it's kind of expected, I guess.

As one of the Vita's first open world games, it's pretty damn impressive. Honestly, I'm impressed with the Vita's first year period. I have a lot of games to play, and still more to buy (Zero Escape, Ragnarok Odyssey, Ratchet: FFA, etc). I'm glad I bit the bullet and picked this one up. I'm not disappointed so far, and I doubt I will be.

OmegaZero

Guys, how the eff do you pickpocket? I get its the rear touch pad but what motion is it?

Press L to go into precision mode. This causes a nearby civilian to get highlighted. Go near them and slowly move a finger up or down the rear touchpad.
EDIT: If someone sees you or if your target sees you, your pickpocketing attempt will get cut off.
You can tell that you've been spotted if people are looking at you while shaking their fists or crossing their arms.

Guys, how the eff do you pickpocket? I get its the rear touch pad but what motion is it?

Hold L and point the pointer at the target, than slowly move your right finger from top to bottom, if you do it right you can steal 3 things i believe. Make sur eyou are close enough of course as sometimes you can be just out of reach.

Dunan

Any Play-Asia purchasers out there? I pre-ordered but haven't gotten anything from them saying that they shipped it. I'm about to cancel and just spring for the digital version!

Finding a $50 psn card under my mattress, I decided to pick this up, I mean it is quite possibly the last western vita game I'll buy ever lol.

hmmm... how do you do the chain kill in this game?

The tutorials tend to disappear ridiculously quick depending on where ya at.

I see what you did there.

Ein Bear

The pop-up tutorials keep assuring me that this game has killstreaks, just like Brotherhood/Revelations (I haven't played AC3 yet), but for the life of me I cannot get them to work.

OmegaZero

The pop-up tutorials keep assuring me that this game has killstreaks, just like Brotherhood/Revelations (I haven't played AC3 yet), but for the life of me I cannot get them to work.

IIRC, press the [] button and the analog stick toward the next person you want to kill.
It can only be done after a successful counter kill, I think.

Unless you're talking about the Chain Kill ability, where you press right on the analog stick to stop time and then touch the enemies you want dead.

Ein Bear

IIRC, press the [] button and the analog stick toward the next person you want to kill.
It can only be done after a successful counter kill, I think.

Hmm, this is what I've been trying to do, but it never seems to work, Aveline just attacks like normal whenever I try. Combat in general seems really, really glitchy though.

Dawg

After a while, I just didn't care for the notoriety anymore.

I just killed everything that ran after me. Or before they were gonna ran at me.

It's just too hard to get rid of it, and once you do, it's easy to get it back :p

OmegaZero

Hmm, this is what I've been trying to do, but it never seems to work, Aveline just attacks like normal whenever I try. Combat in general seems really, really glitchy though.

I just tried it, and it seems to work.
Press the analog stick toward the enemy and press square at the same time after a counter kill.

Dawg

Welp, my game is officially dead.

Redownloading the entire thing and starting from scratch now. Luckily, I have a lot of trophies and I don't have to redo all the sidequests and stuff.

Worst part though, I was one mission (first mission act 9) short of 100% sync. It's ok though, since the game is very easy, although I'm not looking forward to some of the annoying ones. It's a real bummer, since I was still updating the trophy guide, and I was in the top 10 with most trophies. I'll lose my spot now for sure.

I do wish I could skip cutscenes though.

Top Bottom