• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III |OT| Easier to read than Ratonhnhaké:ton

CrazyDude

I've followed very little of this game because I want it to be fresh. I know the bare basics and that combat's supposed to be better.

What's Conner's personality? Ezio was very flamboyant. Altair was a potato.

From the AC wiki

"[Connor]'s one of those people that has an inbuilt sense of right and wrong... He isn't a grey area kind of guy."
―Alex Hutchinson, Creative Director of Assassin's Creed III.

Connor was an honorable warrior with a strong sense of morality and heroism. He appeared thoughtful and intense, and the words he did not speak were just as meaningful as the ones he did. His movements resembled those of a predator, always staying low to the ground and moving under enemy attacks.[1]

He strongly believed in defending both his Native American heritage and country from European involvement, who he considered to be "outsiders". However, he also recognized the fact that, due to his parentage, he was a part of the issue that he sought to solve.

dc89

The game looks pretty interesting, but I've already got too many games to play this winter, so this will have to wait.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Most anticipated game of the year for both me and the gf pretty damn excited. The wait for the microsoft store to send it will be hard (20$ of live points + I had a 10$ discount + it is giving me a 10$ discount on future games).

Squire

Banned
Apparently review code was very buggy, so hopefully that's fixed. I also hear it's very same-y. Lots of busywork still and somewhat muddled plot. Temper expectations accordingly.

CrazyDude

From what I've seen Conner seems like a bit of a Mary Sue.

Very altruistic and bent on fighting for what's right. (Yawn)

Developers said that his outlook will change more grey by the end of the game.

Apparently review code was very buggy, so hopefully that's fixed. I also hear it's very same-y. Lots of busywork still and somewhat muddled plot. Temper expectations accordingly.

From who?

Forgot this was coming out so soon. Looking forward to it. I skipped Revelations, anything important to this games plot happen in that one?

Corto

*enters thread, reconfirms date of release on PC, obligatory "job well done OP on the OT" compliment, closes tab, tries to forget about the game for a month*

Irish

I've gotta finish up my class work for the next two weeks so that I'll actually have some time to play this. I simply can't wait for the PC version, so I'm going to jump right into the PS3 version like I have done for all the others. It will be nice not having to translate the 360 button icons into PS3 ones like I have been doing for a while on the PC.

I really hope Connor is nothing like Ezio. Such a damned fake feeling character with very little sense of progression even though he had the longest amount of time to do so in.

t-ramp

Forgot this was coming out so soon. Looking forward to it. I skipped Revelations, anything important to this games plot happen in that one?
I don't think 3 will be less of an experience if you missed Revelations, but the game is worth playing at some point. Heck, if I were you I'd pick it up and play through it in the next week if you have time.

Xbox pre-order from Newegg for me. I have the first game and Revelations on PC as well, but it's just easier to keep the whole series going on my 360 with the delays and whatnot.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
http://www.abload.de/img/blooddiamondewoh1.gif

Only one post, and it's clear. Clearly, he doesn't love the game. :p

I'll be picking it up in a few weeks, I'm not getting the Gamestop pre-order bullshit and I can wait a little bit since I just finished Revelations last week and Platted it fully.

Vire

Reviewer friend. He says it's not exactly his favorite entry in the series. Or the best, for that matter.

Hmm, k. :( Thanks for the heads up. Ever since the E3 demonstration, what they have shown didn't exactly blow me away. It got progressively less impressive. *shrug*

When's the reviews hit anyway? Typical, day of release Ubisoft nonsense?

Hopefully he gets put through some rough shit like Ezio does to make him a bit more exciting

Honestly as much as I love AC and Ezio I really found his origin story a tad tasteless.

YO YOUR FAMILY WAS KILLED AND LOOK THEY EVEN HANGED YOUR LITTLE BROTHER HE WAS AUTISTIC OR TERMINALLY ILL OR SOMETHING AND IT'S SORTA IMPLIED THEY ASSAULTED YOUR MOM YO THAT'S DARK, B

I sorta felt like they could've picked any one of those and had plenty to work with, but so much happens in the space of ten minutes it's a little ludicrous.

Won't get this game till Christmas. Too many games coming out right now and I want to give each one enough time to play it properly.

Nice job on the OT btw Ninja!

I got one question: Are the Brits the only enemy you'll fight in the game, besides animals and maybe bandits?

Won't get this game till Christmas. Too many games coming out right now and I want to give each one enough time to play it properly.

I got one question: Are the Brits the only enemy you'll fight in the game, besides animals and maybe bandits?

Nope, you get to kill those dirty Americans, too.

Irish

What was his favorite entry in the series?

That is what I want to know as well. Hopefully his displeasure means my pleasure. I mean, if I had to choose between a game more like 1/Rev or II/Bro, I'd take the former in an instant, although I definitely would prefer a game that is different from either type and is pleasing to more people. Still, if I had to choose... 1/Rev style would be my go-to.

Wix

Wow, I hope this isn´t true. Been hyping since March, this was gonna be GOTY :(

CrazyDude

Wow, I hope this isn´t true. Been hyping since March, this was gonna be GOTY :(

Another guy on gaf, who played the full game as well liked the game.

Brits will be the only the only enemies cause pretty much both side are ethnically Brits.

Squire

Banned
Hmm, k. :( Thanks for the heads up. Ever since the E3 demonstration, what they have shown didn't exactly blow me away. It got progressively less impressive. *shrug*

When's the reviews hit anyway? Typical, day of release Ubisoft nonsense?

You know, I don't know. I didn't ask. Was actually asking him about it to figure out if I wanted to buy it myself, haha.

What was his favorite entry in the series?

Brotherhood, I'm pretty sure. He definitely found Revelations disappointing. Sounds like this is comparable.

BearPawB

Banned
I am honestly expecting this to be one of the best games of all time.
I think i am overhyping it. But it has all the potential in the world. And if it isn't brilliant, it will be such a shame, because damn is it a good setup.

Hearing the word 'samey' is sparking my biggest fears. I want this to feel different. I want to feel an evolution,not just AC2 on an american set.

Oh man. 30th the game is released? I had no idea. I'm strongly considering the idea of purchasing the game. Haven't played an AC game since the first one.

Or I may get Dishonored. Not sure. Either way, hoping for some great Black Friday deals.

Nope, you get to kill those dirty Americans, too.

Nice :p.

I think I wouldn't like it if the English guys would be the only bad guys in the game. I don't know much about America's history but I do know the settlers weren't that nice to the native Americans either. And what I've seen from trailers and gameplays, the only people Connor killed were the British which made it look they were the only main enemies.

Brits will be the only the only enemies cause pretty much both side are ethnically Brits.

That's true, but I think you understand what I mean. Maybe a better way to describe it is to say the settlers versus the Imperialists?

Vire

You know, I don't know. I didn't ask. Was actually asking him about it to figure out if I wanted to buy it myself, haha.

Brotherhood, I'm pretty sure. He definitely found Revelations disappointing. Sounds like this is comparable.

Darn... Brotherhood and 2 are definitely my two favorite while Revelations is probably my least.

I guess we'll see soon enough.

Brizzo24

uZwO3.gif

Pretty ecstatic right now. Can't wait till the 30th.

Derrick01

Banned

This would not surprise me at all. A lot of the things that are in this game that they've shown in previews or other media seems like most of the same stuff that was in older games but given new names to mask their same-ness. One of the only things that I know of that's 100% new is hunting and I can't see that being interesting for more than a few minutes. It's hunting after all.

Vire

This would not surprise me at all. A lot of the things that are in this game that they've shown in previews or other media seems like most of the same stuff that was in older games but given new names to mask their same-ness. One of the only things that I know of that's 100% new is hunting and I can't see that being interesting for more than a few minutes. It's hunting after all.

Hunting seemed interesting until I found out it was a string of QTE's.

Squire

Banned
I am honestly expecting this to be one of the best games of all time.
I think i am overhyping it. But it has all the potential in the world. And if it isn't brilliant, it will be such a shame, because damn is it a good setup.

Hearing the word 'samey' is sparking my biggest fears. I want this to feel different. I want to feel an evolution,not just AC2 on an american set.

You want exactly what you my friend wanted, even happily waited several hours for, and still did not get.

It sounds like if you just enjoy AC, you'll love this. But if you're looking for a real evolution - as opposed to incremental additions and minor change-ups - it's not here.

That's what I wanted, myself.

Irish

I really don't see why anyone would expect this to be a 100% new style of game. It's Assassin's Creed, and it should play like Assassin's Creed for the most part. Obviously, there will be new stuff and should be improvements all around, but the core gameplay should not be changed. I mean, it wouldn't really be an AC game at that point.

lantus

Are they sending out review code for both console versions? I only ask because I want to know what kind of performance I should be expecting from the PS3 version, since past entries have had their issues. Still excited to see how this game turns out, the setting alone has me more interested than past games.

Top Bottom