• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Revelations |OT| Requiescat in Pace (56k)

DrBo42

18-Volt said:
Awesome. After Borgia threat, Ezio will have to deal with both Byzantine and Shia forces. Armor of Shahkulu looks absolutely fantastic.
Was that in a video or are you just referring to the picture in the OP?

Apparently this is a song from the OST.

watch

This is a different one to the others heard on Jesper Kyds website (and now featured on Youtube). IF this is real, then I believe it'll be the greatest soundtrack Jesper has ever done, and the best AC soundtrack for sure.

Nearly foaming at the mouth listening to this.

Irish

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to seeing how much the Brotherhood system has been improved. Felt really shallow last time, so I hope the added depth doesn't feel too artificial.

Irish

Yup. Is that serving as the Launch trailer? (I can never remember if those are relegated to launch day anymore.)

Ranger X

Irish said:
Yup. Is that serving as the Launch trailer? (I can never remember if those are relegated to launch day anymore.)

I doubt its the launch trailer. I suppose this one would come out like next Monday or something

~Kinggi~

Banned
Im more curious out of anything to see how big/how much it doesnt suck after the year dev time. Lets see if the year cycle wasnt a fluke for Brotherhood.

rockman zx said:
The embargo for the reviews wil be over on Monday the 14th at 9am PST (5pm UK time).

Nice to see they have the guts to let reviews come out the day before, instead of starting at midnight on the day of release or something.

I actually think the game will end up being underrated if anything, simply cause a lot of reviewers have voiced fatigue with the franchise.

We shall see.

Deepo

Just got confirmation that my CE has shipped!

I thought I would be sick of this franchise by now, but suddenly I'm actually more excited for this than Skyrim. Really looking forward to exploring a new city. I love the "virtual tourist" feeling you get in these games.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Beware that there are quite a few location spoilers in the launch trailer. I'm about 70% percent done with the game's review copy and there was one location in the trailer I had not seen yet, and another I unlocked a few hours ago.

rataven

Dang, sooo many questions I'm dying to ask.

Trailer was great though. I get the feeling we'll see Ezio just going for it in Rev. No holds barred.

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
Blimblim said:
Beware that there are quite a few location spoilers in the launch trailer. I'm about 70% percent done with the game's review copy and there was one location in the trailer I had not seen yet, and another I unlocked a few hours ago.
PS3 or 360 version?I want to know if ps3 version performance is better than AC brotherhood

Blimblim said:

Give us something men!, it's as good as Brotherhood?!.

masterkajo

Lesiroth said:
Launch trailer looks awesome, but it gives me the impression we won't be seeing much Altair in this.
True... I think they overdid Ezio. Should have been one Altair game, one Ezio game and a third game based on either a new ancestor or Desmond himself.

iNvid02

Blimblim said:

what do you think of it so far? better than brotherhood

dreamfall

Blimblim said:

Thanks for the heads up, I was about to click on it! It seems of late I've been watching launch trailers after completing the game as to not spoil anything!

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Dat launch trailer. Not worried about locations spoilers because I already don't remember half of it since it cuts so quickly between them. So close now. Get hype!

Sinthetic

Launch trailer was amazing. One thing you can say about the team is that they consistently make incredible videos in general, great music, great direction, great content. Hats off to them.

Shito

Ok, French-GAF, might be worth noticing that the usual places in Paris are already selling the game.
Just got my collector edition.

Shito

Sinthetic said:
Pictures for proof!
Can't provide them at the moment, I'm still at work.
I will later tonight if nobody has done it before me. ^^

And I had no idea the game was still on embargo; those République shops sure don't care about nothing these days!

legbone

Ranger X said:
EDIT: beaten, can't read, etc

fuck yes, thanks for the link. i cannot wait to wrap up ezio's story. this is definitely my favorite series of this generation.

edit: don't beat yourself up ranger. if it wasn't for your link i wouldn't have noticed. still half asleep here so i appreciated your link before i'm off to work.

iNvid02

Shito said:
Can't provide them at the moment, I'm still at work.
I will later tonight if nobody has done it before me. ^^

And I had no idea the game was still on embargo; those République shops sure don't care about nothing these days!

yeah sounds like french retailers dont give a shit, had tons of friends on my list get every single cod days early. is it just one chain or do all french shops just not give a fuck?

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Blimblim said:
Embargo is on Monday, sorry.

Can you talk about performance, frame rate, tearing etc? Hopefully it isn't any worse than Brotherhood. If there is one thing i want from the new engine its much smoother performance but that's probably more to do with hardware.

SamuraiX-

The music in the launch trailer gave me some serious chills. Wow. Fucking incredible. I'm probably gonna have to purchase the soundtrack for this one. :O

crispyben

iNvidious01 said:
yeah sounds like french retailers dont give a shit, had tons of friends on my list get every single cod days early. is it just one chain or do all french shops just not give a fuck?
It's actually mostly smaller shops in the same area of Paris (République). Chains such as Fnac, GAME or MicroMania do not really break street dates as a rule, but if one store in the chain does, then it's like a chain reaction.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
iNvidious01 said:
We have a very special place on the North-East part of Paris, near "Place de la République" where for some reason about 20 years ago many games retailers opened shops. These shops have always played with the grey area of the import and modding laws, and for the most part don't give a fuck about release dates.
Our big game retailers chains (micromania, owned by gamestop now) all more or less respect the release dates, though some of their smaller shops in remote areas also break the dates commonly. One of my coworkers in Nimes just got his AC Revelation game from a Micromania, for example.

Sinthetic

In 24 hours I went from not buying this day one, to I'm excited as HELL and think the 24 hour ago me was a tool for not wanting this, hahahaha!

Can't wait to see my beautiful Istanbul in action.

iNvid02

thanks for the insight, smaller shops in UK are few and far between now, its just dominated by chains. Not all bad though, gameplay shipped my brother's copy for 360 yesterday so it should be here tomorrow.

im waiting it out for the PC version which seems to be on track for late nov/dec - nvidia just released beta drivers with SLI/3D info about ACR so it looks like it will be here on time now.

also, there is an updates section in the ot, i'll put any new info right there at the top of the page.

Exile550

iNvidious01 said:
im waiting it out for the PC version which seems to be on track for late nov/dec - nvidia just released beta drivers with SLI/3D info about ACR so it looks like it will be here on time now.

also, there is an updates section in the ot, i'll put any new info right there at the top of the page.

I'm waiting for it as well. I just hope there won't be a last minute delay to push in Q1 2012 like all the other games.

Marleyman

Banned
~Kinggi~ said:
Too many goddamn games. What the fuck. Skyrim, Saints Row, AC, MW 3, Zelda, waaaaaaat

Yep; it is insane. I am going on my honeymoon on Sunday to Aruba but all I keep thinking about it missing this next week of gaming lol

Top Bottom