• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Revelations |OT| Requiescat in Pace (56k)

Rich!

I've got this game now (photo evidence in the pickupthread)

It's alright so far, but man...I could never get into the AC series.

Rich!

iNvidious01 said:
your 4 games in man, its too late now
some impressions after you've done playing would be great

Yeah, I'll give it a huge playthrough tomorrow. It's great fun so far, it's just I've never given the series a chance before.

spats

rizm said:
So to FINN-gaf citymarket is selling this 59,90 euros,bought it straight away when i saw it :) I am about five hours in and it`s been great so far,very brotherhood-like.Too bad tomorrow is Skyrim day.Best weekend ever!

Typical cittari :p

I got Killzone 3 and Resistance 3 both from them like a week early. They really don't care.

ElyrionX said:
I love the AC series but Brotherhood got really tiring after a while because it's really just the same shit from AC2 in a similar setting. And that's why I'm skipping this one.
Another person who better not be posting about how awesome and innovative Uncharted 3 is. At least AC games aren't cover based third person shooters with regenerating health. You want to talk about tiring formulaic gameplay.

I really cannot fathom how playing 3 AC games could tire someone out on that style of gameplay but they can play 10 billion FPS games and nobody ever posts "man, I'm tired of FPS games".

Mifune

Mehmber
krameriffic said:
Another person who better not be posting about how awesome and innovative Uncharted 3 is. At least AC games aren't cover based third person shooters with regenerating health. You want to talk about tiring formulaic gameplay.

I really cannot fathom how playing 3 AC games could tire someone out on that style of gameplay but they can play 10 billion FPS games and nobody ever posts "man, I'm tired of FPS games".

I don't think anyone has ever, in the history of time, called an Uncharted game "innovative."

Mifune

Mehmber
SamuraiX- said:
Clearly you haven't met the Uncharted fanatics.

Yikes, clearly I haven't.

So are reviews for this supposed to hit Monday? Things have been kinda quiet on the AC front this year. Last year at least we had that ejaculatory Brotherhood Quick Look to watch.

iNvid02

Mifune said:
Yikes, clearly I haven't.

So are reviews for this supposed to hit Monday? Things have been kinda quiet on the AC front this year. Last year at least we had that ejaculatory Brotherhood Quick Look to watch.

yeah monday apparently. this is a massive year, biggest i can remember and the juggernauts which release first are taking priority but things should get louder next week i think.

after the reviews hit i'll try to keep the ot updated but don't want any spoilers so will spend my time playing skyrim until the pc version comes out

ArjanN

krameriffic said:

What are you talking about? Lots of people here post that they're tired of FPS games.

Games in a genre (FPS/TPS etc) can still be very different, but the AC games really are very similar to each other and all came out quickly after another. I'm not surprised at all to see people get burned out on them a bit.

ArjanN said:
What are you talking about? Lots of people here post that they're tired of FPS games.

Games in a genre (FPS/TPS etc) can still be very different, but the AC games really are very similar to each other and all came out quickly after another. I'm not surprised at all to see people get burned out on them a bit.

So are the CoD games and lots of people aren't burnt out on them.

krameriffic said:

Yeah, why would anyone think that a clear GOTY contender would be awesome? The leap from Uncharted 1 to 3 absolutely destroys the leap from AC2 to this game. Especially considering there is ANOTHER Assassin's Creed coming next year (aka 4 in 4 years), this is the second LAST (next to CoD) series that someone should be defending for not being tiring. Having said that, I'll gladly buy this game.

I'm not really sure why I'm responding to someone with a trollface avy but there it is.

xxracerxx said:
But many people ARE tired of them.
Considering 10 million people probably bought that game this week, I guess not. (I'm tired of them)

rataven

xxracerxx said:
Assassin's Creed is really the only thing out there like it. I can understand FPS fatigue. But the open-world historical sci-fi action adventure genre is a little more sparsely populated.

xxracerxx said:

But many people aren't.

I've played every console AC game and I'm not tired of the series.

It's all personal preference.

rataven said:
Assassin's Creed is really the only thing out there like it. I can understand FPS fatigue. But the open-world historical sci-fi action adventure genre is a little more sparsely populated.

This.

Sinthetic

AC gets better and more expansive every year. I do love knowing that I'll get to take in some stunning vistas year in, year out.

Irish said:
Hm... Looks like this will be the recap video for this game:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTjxVcIANdc&hd=1

Very cool. Should be added to the OT.

But seriously, good recap. Hyyyyyped.

I'm really excited to play the Desmond bits this time around... his memories are fragmented and trapped in the Animus? Lots of potential for very cool mind-bending stuff. Desmond's face looks even more different this time around. And his face in the real world is slightly different from the Animus counterpart, anyone else think that? It's odd.

Edit:

Holy shit, haha, I just read this on the TV Tropes page for ACR:

Young Cesare I heard him say he could not be killed by man. So I tossed him into the air to see where he might land.
Cesare, Cesare,/ The master of depravity./ He thought he was immortal/ 'til he had a date with gravity.

Lesiroth

Young Cesare I heard him say he could not be killed by man. So I tossed him into the air to see where he might land.
Cesare, Cesare,/ The master of depravity./ He thought he was immortal/ 'til he had a date with gravity.
Holy shit :lol

Irish

I wonder what the deal is with this shot of Desmond from the Recap video:

JiC9F.png

Has anyone seen it previously? Looks really odd.

Flipyap

Irish said:
I wonder what the deal is with this shot of Desmond from the Recap video:

http://i.imgur.com/JiC9F.png[ IMG]

Has anyone seen it previously? Looks really odd.[/QUOTE]
That does look oddly low-poly, but still way better than [I]this[/I]:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ZCC6i.jpg

Flipyap said:
That does look oddly low-poly, but still way better than this:

ZCC6i.jpg

They're both the same model.

EDIT: Also, they seemed to have changed the facial model for Ezio/Altaïr/Desmond. It seems it's no longer Francisco Randez. Maybe the contract for the use of his image expired or something.

Francisco_randez.jpg

Digishine

Banned
Ugh again u need to redeem a code to play online. Same shit with saints row the third but for co-op :/ The fuck is going on

Flipyap

SketchTheArtist said:
They're both the same model.

EDIT: Also, they seemed to have changed the facial model for Ezio/Altaïr/Desmond. It seems it's no longer Francisco Randez. Maybe the contract for the use of his image expired or something.

http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/1/17/Francisco_randez.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Thought that might be the case. Their new shaders/facial animation tech is doing some nasty things to the models. Ezio looks seriously grotesque when he speaks.

I'm not sure what's going on with the likeness. I think Altaïr still looks a lot like Randez, at least while keeping a neutral expression.

Don't know if this was posted yet but I found this browsing Black Friday deals. Best buy is gonna sell it for $35 on BF

If you wait an extra 10 days you'll save $25

Massa

Mifune said:
I don't think anyone has ever, in the history of time, called an Uncharted game "innovative."

Hey, the Assassin's Creed series itself decided to take Nathan Drake for AC2!

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Alx said:
Shouldn't it mention that
Desmond stabbed that blonde girl
at the end of Brotherhood ? It must be important, and those who missed that episode wouldn't understand the current situation.

I think they're trying to avoid spoiling that game for people who didn't play it. The recap video just says that he's stuck in the Animus, which he is. We don't really need to know why he's stuck in the Animus, for the purposes of the video.

I kind of wish I hadn't watched the recap though. I can usually ignore how silly the story is because the AC games are so fun to play, but hearing the entire plot laid out like that just underscores how ridiculous it is. Usually NN can sell anything to me, but it just sounded as though he had trouble delivering the lines.

Oh, well. Still getting it day one. *excited*

8bit

Knows the Score
It's good! Desmond/Ezio looks a bit odd, but smacking soldiers with a big club in the snow is pretty solid fun so far.

Dunan

I loved solving those super-obscure hidden puzzles in AC2, and then, after buying ACB at launch, competing with other fanatics to be the first in the Asscreed-sphere to solve them in ACB.

I'm so tempted to buy this one at launch too, but I have a PhD thesis to work on so I'm going to resist hitting that 'buy' button.

Today, at least.

cheddar

Neo Member
Amazing OP, I can't wait to play this game. Stole one of the wallpapers for my background, too.

I've already got my ritual planned out and until I finish the game, all I'll be doing is eating, smoking, and playing Assassins Creed. :D

[No spoilers]

Played close to 7 hours so far and I'm loving it. First of all, it sucks that they showed us in trailers and stuff pretty much what happen in the first 1/2 hours of the game (minus the Desmond part). The first thing that blowed my mind is constantinople, damn, the first time you arrive there, the colors, the architecture, the atmoshpere, how lively is the place, it's just the beautifulest world ever created for a game, and when the night falls, it's even better.

The game fells like Brotherhood, despite all the new additions to the game, so this is going to be a problem with some people and reviewers, but who cares, awesome is still awesome one year later.

From the new things so far, the assassin dens are the thing I'm enjoying more. The animus bits with Desmond are OK, nothing revolutionary but I has a cool thing to do inside it, the hookblade it's OK.

There is less collectibles now, some of them have an effect on the story of the game and are easy to spot because they are super bright.

Yusuf is awesome.

They removed the painting collectible and replaced with other thing that it's pretty cool if you love real world story.

Massa

Cool, thanks for the impressions.

One thing I wonder about this game is how they pace the side stuff. In Brotherhood you unlocked a bunch of side mission types at a certain point and you could spend hours doing nothing but that (recruiting assassins, freeing towers, buying stuff, etc). If you have OCD for that stuff it was kind of a nightmare.

I wonder if they take more control this time.

Top Bottom