• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Revelations |OT| Requiescat in Pace (56k)

DrBo42

SamuraiX- said:
The music in the launch trailer gave me some serious chills. Wow. Fucking incredible. I'm probably gonna have to purchase the soundtrack for this one. :O
It's the same music they used for the final Harry Potter. Irks me.

ElyrionX

I love the AC series but Brotherhood got really tiring after a while because it's really just the same shit from AC2 in a similar setting. And that's why I'm skipping this one.

ultron87

ElyrionX said:
I love the AC series but Brotherhood got really tiring after a while because it's really just the same shit from AC2 in a similar setting. And that's why I'm skipping this one.

Well this one is a rather different setting at least. Go watch the Locations trailer.

iNvid02

pc drm has been scaled back for acr, seems like they've learned their lesson.

Ubisoft appears to have learned its lesson with the release of From Dust, which garnered numerous complaints due to the company's insistence on including a DRM system that required players to remain online while playing the game.

This "always-online" DRM kicked players out of the game in the event that their internet connections disconnected, if only for a second.

Fans of the Assassin's Creed series on the PC should be happy to know that the upcoming Assassin's Creed Revelations for the PC will not feature always-online DRM, with the company opting instead to offer a system that only requires a first-time activation, at which point the game will run without the necessity of being connected to the internet.

It's good for military gamers serving out in Afghanistan as they'll be able to take on the role of Ezio Auditore without needing to stay connected to the internet.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
You guys need to fucking understand that the music in game and movie trailers is almost NEVER the soundtrack.

This music is especially composed for trailers.

There are many trailer music companys such as Two Steps From Hell, audiomachine, Immediate Music, Future World Music, Epic Score etc. Go, look them up on youtube.

I'm not at home right now but when i get home i'll see if i can find this track in my collection.

Edit: I hope its trailer music you guys are talking about. I have no sound at work.

DrBo42

Sn4ke_911 said:
You guys need to fucking understand that the music in game and movie trailers is almost NEVER the soundtrack.

There are many trailer music companys such as Two Steps From Hell, audiomachine, Immediate Music, Future World Music, Epic Score etc. Go, look them up on youtube.

I'm not at home right now but when i get home i'll see if i can find this track in my collection.

Edit: I hope its trailer music you guys are talking about. I have no sound at work.

Who was claiming that it wasn't?

rataven

Sn4ke_911 said:

Jesper Kyd is actually affiliated with Fired Earth Music, a movie trailer music label. And his stuff is amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ6Yk-5Ed8g

Irish

It'll be interesting to see the reviews on Monday. I hope my copy arrives in at least the same week or something. Stupid Gamestop.

Aurarian

Irish said:
It'll be interesting to see the reviews on Monday. I hope my copy arrives in at least the same week or something. Stupid Gamestop.

They were gonna charge me 70 online for it. That's way too much.

ElyrionX said:

So you love the AC series, but you're gonna skip new entries in it because you don't like it?

I see.

ajf009

ElyrionX said:

so you're tired of where its been located, and you're skipping the entry that's going to be in an entirely new place because of it?

exYle

I HATE that this is 4 days after Skyrim. Won't be able to play it until at least December. Damn you, long, engrossing single-player games!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
exYle said:
I HATE that this is 4 days after Skyrim. Won't be able to play it until at least December. Damn you, long, engrossing single-player games!
If you think that's crazy, Halo is also coming out and then Zelda is right after that. Crazy Q3/Q4

kayos90 said:
If you think that's crazy, Halo is also coming out and then Zelda is right after that. Crazy Q3/Q4
We all have to make choices. Even if you choose to buy them all you won't have time to play them all .. Make your choice , and do it well

Irish

I've noticed Ezio sporting various capes (full cape, half cape, quarter cape, shawl) in the various trailers and gameplay videos. I wonder if that means there will be more visual customization this go around. Perhaps the tailor shops will do more than just dye clothing now.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Irish said:
I've noticed Ezio sporting various capes (full cape, half cape, quarter cape, shawl) in the various trailers and gameplay videos. I wonder if that means there will be more visual customization this go around. Perhaps the tailor shops will do more than just dye clothing now.
No cape Ezio looks pretty beast in this game.

Irish

Agreed. I'm just curious as to whether they have increased the SP customization as much as they have upped the MP customization.

Aurarian

Just paid AC:R off and preordered Zelda as well. Gamestop person told me I was good with the Signature Edition. I'm still not done with Forza though goddamnit.

daxter01 said:
PS3 or 360 version?I want to know if ps3 version performance is better than AC brotherhood

wasn't the PS3 version of Brotherhood a big improvement over the ps3 version of AC2? I thought they addressed the 360/ps3 difference for the last game?

I plan on getting this on the ps3

Sinthetic

Princess Skittles said:
360 or PS3? Pics?

Really hope the bloke doesn't mind me pinching his picture from the pick up thread.

SW7Pel.jpg

I'm praying someone will come in and say the 360 case is the same! ;\

Aurarian

Sinthetic said:
Really hope the bloke doesn't mind me pinching his picture from the pick up thread.

I'm praying someone will come in and say the 360 case is the same! ;\
SHIEEEEEEEET

I doubt we're getting that here in the US though.

Irish

Damn, that's a nice case.

Hope some impressions start rolling in soon, especially with the gates in France being wide open.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
It's so odd how cool a different colored case looks, because it's just not because it's black.

If all PS3 cases were black and one game released in a clear case, we'd be drooling similarly.

rizm

Neo Member
So to FINN-gaf citymarket is selling this 59,90 euros,bought it straight away when i saw it :) I am about five hours in and it`s been great so far,very brotherhood-like.Too bad tomorrow is Skyrim day.Best weekend ever!

Mr. Sam

So, I just picked up Brotherhood and played the first hour or so. Spoiler tags just in case.

I can't believe they blew up Altair's armour! Do you know how many god damn catacombs I had to sprawl through to get that? Do you have any idea!? I'm going to kill every last one of you. I don't care if you're on your knees, begging for forgiveness. DEATH.

Edit: And holy Christ, the screen tears more than tissue paper in a shredder.

Mr. Sam said:
So, I just picked up Brotherhood and played the first hour or so. Spoiler tags just in case.

I can't believe they blew up Altair's armour! Do you know how many god damn catacombs I had to sprawl through to get that? Do you have any idea!? I'm going to kill every last one of you. I don't care if you're on your knees, begging for forgiveness. DEATH.

Edit: And holy Christ, the screen tears more than tissue paper in a shredder.

I know right? I had to vsync to fix the tearing.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Choke on the Magic said:
I know right? I had to vsync to fix the tearing.
Wish I had a PC capable of playing the AC games. The performance on PS3 is crap, thankfully the gameplay makes up for it.

Top Bottom