• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Revelations |OT| Requiescat in Pace (56k)

Irish

That's great to hear. I've wanted to know more about Desmond's history since he first started talking about his commune in AC1.

Leeness

Please be good to me this time, Futureshop. I want my game on Tuesday and NO LATER. :(

Really excited to hear there is a lot of Desmond stuff. I love the past assassins and all, but I'm always excited when Desmond bits come up.

Smo21

Havent been keeping up with this game
and i kinda dont want to

really hope they kept the subject 16 stuff, i loved that ish.

JaseC said:
The cities aren't sandboxes nor are there any emergent gameplay scenarios, if that's what you're asking. If you do all of the core and side missions during your initial run, there's nothing left to do but reload an old memory and admire the city. Although, in Brotherhood, the game does randomly generate pickpocketers who you can choose to chase down and capture.

Don't let that disappoint you, though, as what the games do offer will last you quite a while. For instance, I squeezed around 70 hours out of Brotherhood's SP campaign.
Nope just looking for a fantastic game experience in a beautifully crafted world. Thanks though, will pick this up tomorrow most likely! :D

I loved ACII and Brotherhood was my GOTY last year, since it fixed just about all of the quibbles I had with ACII, and provided a story that had some interesting stuff for Ezio and Desmond. I'll probably wait a bit before picking this one up though, as it looks like it'll be part of the black friday sales again.

Clevinger

StevePharma said:
BE VERY CAREFUL EXTREME ENDGAME STORY SPOILER BELOW!

*stuff*

BE VERY CAREFUL EXTREME ENDGAME STORY SPOILER ABOVE!

That might just be about Embers, the CGI movie about Ezio, actually.

SamuraiX-

These impressions. Deez damn impressions, man.

Greatest game of the Ezio trilogy confirmed. I won't be able to play it probably until mid-December, so I'm just gonna feed off of CreedGAF's impressions.

Keep 'em coming!

Irish

Digishine said:
Just finished it. Damn just damn

kuddos to Ubisoft

Is the ending abrupt once again, like a cliffhanger?

Also, has the map changed at all? I heard it was going to be topographical this time around.

Digishine

Banned
Irish said:
Is the ending abrupt once again, like a cliffhanger?

Also, has the map changed at all? I heard it was going to be topographical this time around.

Jep Ur just like WTF did just happend. And then the credits roll for over 10mins long :/

rataven

Digishine said:

kuddos to Ubisoft
I like the sound of this! :D

Though I'm selectively reading this thread from here on out. Don't want to risk spoilers. Don't know how some of you want to know so much before playing.

Digishine

Banned
rataven said:

Though I'm selectively reading this thread from here on out. Don't want to risk spoilers. Don't know how some of you want to know so much before playing.

I won't spoil unless there a thread where we can discuss about the ending

iNvid02

make the thread yourself in a few days digishine, its not even out yet lol

also, you should watch embers now if you haven't already, its like the epilogue

rataven

Digishine said:
I won't spoil unless there a thread where we can discuss about the ending
Rad, thanks. You should make the thread! Probably get a few people finishing up here in a day or two.

Irish

rataven said:

Nah, I'm not looking for details, just general stuff.

About that map... ? Also, how are the emergent missions?

Ordered the Encyclopedia from Amazon.ca and they have free shipping! Wooooooo

Of course, they say they have no stock so I don't mind waiting till whenever.

Amir0x

Banned
I can't wait to shine some shoes in the online mode.*

Me and my friends always used to choose the messanger kid character in ACBro, and we took to calling him a shoe shiner but in the British accent way. Like whenever we approached a kill someone would be like 'shine yo shoes, guvnah?' and then stab.

CrazyDude

Assassins creed is probably the only game that I never spoiler myself with because I never have interest in the game until I start playing it. I always have to force myself to buy these game, but end up loving them when I start to play them.

rataven

Just noticed on Amazon that the CE of the strategy guide has some interesting bonuses that come with it.

• The development team presents insights through an exclusive 16-page section featuring sketches of yet-undisclosed moments from Altair’s life.
  • FREE ACCESS to the interactive world map – code inside!
    The interactive world map reveals the locations of all collectibles and Viewpoints throughout Constantinople and Cappadocia. You can toggle points of interest on and off and zoom in and out.
  • Laminated reference cards for all 9 Multiplayer maps.

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Ordered the Encyclopedia from Amazon.ca and they have free shipping! Wooooooo

Of course, they say they have no stock so I don't mind waiting till whenever.
Nice! Hope they come through for you.

Cheska

Soo I'm really lucky, and am going to be getting Rayman Origins and AC Revelations for free this week thanks to a wonderful friend. However, I have no idea how I'm going to be able to wait until the end of the week when I receive the games. Assassins Creed has been one of my favorite franchises this gen :p

CrazyDude

Cheska said:
Soo I'm really lucky, and am going to be getting Rayman Origins and AC Revelations for free this week thanks to a wonderful friend. However, I have no idea how I'm going to be able to wait until the end of the week when I receive the games. Assassins Creed has been one of my favorite franchises this gen :p
It's a lot of fun for history buffs like myself.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Digishine said:
Jep Ur just like WTF did just happend. And then the credits roll for over 10mins long :/
I disagree. It's of course a cliffhanger ending, but I thought it was much more straightforward than AC2's or ACB's ending.
Fucking review embargo, I wish I could discuss this game already.

Blimblim said:
I disagree. It's of course a cliffhanger ending, but I thought it was much more straightforward than AC2's or ACB's ending.
Fucking review embargo, I wish I could discuss this game already.

Exactly.

Also the "endgame spoiler" I posted is not the AC Revelations ending, but in the short animation AC:Embers, which deals with events post Revelations. I watched it today.

AC Embers spoilers

- Ezio meets Shao Jun in his home in Italy where he and his wife Sofia+children live

- Home gets attacked by Chinese soldiers, Ezio battles them with Shao Jun

- Ezio gives Shao Jun a box which she has to open when she "loses her way"

- After Shao Jun leaves, Ezio goes to Florence with his wife and kids and dies on a bench in a market square after speaking to an ominous looking fellow.

So I think the chances are a bit slim to see the next AC in the setting I proposed above, which is too bad because the aesthetic they used for the new characters fit right into the AC look and feel. It will probably generate some off shoot transmedia project like the AC comic set in Russia.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
rockman zx said:
Awesome, thanks! Btw people who haven't played ACR yet, do not watch this!
Edit: Just finished watching it. Damn, that wasn't bad at all put into context with ACR's ending. Still (do not read unless you've completed ACR already)
I think Altair's death was much more dignified. I really loved that whole scene of Ezio discovering him, the flashback and the great transition, very powerful scene

S1kkZ

blim, when can you talk about the game? how is the framerate/pop-ups/tearing? i love ac but the technical limitations of the engine started to annoy me in ac brotherhood.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
For people who have finished/are playing the game, did Ubi obviously cut out chunks of the storyline as they did with Brotherhood and IIRC, ACII, to sell as DLC? That was so annoying, as I never have time to go back and replay those segments.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
People finishing this long game before it's even officially released? Damn you guys. Hehe.

Digishine said:

kuddos to Ubisoft

Awesome to hear, man! Good to know that Ubisoft Montreal hasn't lost their touch with the storyline after Desilets left.

DrBo42

S1kkZ said:
blim, when can you talk about the game? how is the framerate/pop-ups/tearing? i love ac but the technical limitations of the engine started to annoy me in ac brotherhood.
On 360 I've yet to have any noticeable slowdown. Pop-ups aren't as bad (shadows still scale in like previous games). Minor tearing, only noticeable so far during viewpoint syncs, but nothing like what it used to be. They really did a solid job improving everything.

Edit: So far it's a much more engaging story than Brotherhood. If you've been watching media on the game, the beginning will be slow for you since you've seen it already. Once you start getting the hang of the city and recruiting assassins (there are quite a fair amount of individual stories here that are surprisingly awesome!) it gels into a great experience. Throw in the Desmond sections that fill in his backstory, Altair sections that do the same. It's the most comprehensive AC experience to date. If you're a fan, I think you'll really enjoy this one.

Edit 2: Whoever was talking about the assassin mission system (courtesy of pigeon coops in the AC:B) being the same isn't giving it credit. You're essentially doing the same thing in Istanbul: removing Templar control. So each mission will have a percentage assigned to it for that task, ie: -10% Templar control. If you're ballsy you can send all your high level assassins on a direct "retake the city" mission. The cool thing about it is that the templars will try and take these cities back, just like your assassin dens. The new notoriety loop in the game, is so much improved. Rather than guards being alerted to just Ezio's presence, the templar gain awareness of the assassins. Gain 100% notoriety and they will attack one of your dens. Not sure if the world mission system with the assassins is tied to the same notoriety, going to check that now.

Edit 3: Fucking hell, SENTINELS. If you hear that creepy whispering from the multiplayer, you're in for a treat. Such an awesome touch. Going back to playing now.

Ok just a quick question I'm playing it for just a few hours now and if you get the notice red bar around the emblem on the top left.
If previous games you could bribe someone or take down posters.
But now their is only bribing or am I missing something?

And if you buy a property your get more notice as well? what is up with that?

Anyone?

Forkball

Amir0x said:
I can't wait to shine some shoes in the online mode.*

AC's multiplayer is really underrated. There are a lot of tense moments and you feel like a total badass if you do well in a match. Everyone kept saying it devolved into roof running but I never felt like that, plus if you spend all your time on the roof you wouldn't win anyways. It was always hilarious to stalk your target, watch him take someone out just standing there, then you sneak up from behind and get the kill, only for your predator to leap down from a roof and kill you instantly.

DrBo42

The Dutch Slayer said:
Ok just a quick question I'm playing it for just a few hours now and if you get the notice red bar around the emblem on the top left.
If previous games you could bribe someone or take down posters.
But now their is only bribing or am I missing something?

And if you buy a property your get more notice as well? what is up with that?

Anyone?

Gaining more templar awareness from buying properties makes sense I suppose. I think it also increases when recruiting as well. Yes, posters are gone because it's no longer individual notoriety, it's the notoriety of the assassin brotherhood. You can bribe heralds for a much smaller cost, and assassinate witnesses.

Top Bottom