• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Revelations |OT| Requiescat in Pace (56k)

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Well, tomorrow's Monday, so...

Oh wait. It's technically Monday. So it really is tomorrow.

The wait. She is long.
I'm waiting until the Best Buy Black Friday sale. T_T the wait is even longer for me. It's for the money though!!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Gotta say AssCreed 2 bored me to hell after 3 hours or so but i wanna see how Ezio's story ends and how all comes together. So, i'll probably get this.

I hope the ending is very dramatic and not some happy ending shit.

I hope he dies.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Will be getting my copy today after classes. I am SO FUCKING EXCITED. And the only exam I have this week is today, so I'll be done with it by the time this game is in my hands.

YESSSS. AC + Gears all week.

So I picked up the game this saturday and quickly checked out the soundtrack CD that came with it, but unless I'm mistaken the 'main theme' isn't on it.

Does ANYONE have the full version of this track?

You probably recognize it from some clips/videos we've seen pre-launch and you heard a variation of the melody at the end of each round in the MP Beta.

Piano version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF6ocmmnyHE

Also, there's a lot of stuff on the OST that we've already heard on Brotherhood's OST... :/

FatCat

I was going to pick this up next year when its cheaper but with all these glowing impressions I might just cave in before Christmas :-/ I've already bought too much this month, dammit.

Am eagerly anticipating the crazy end sequence (if there is one)

Some more relatively spoiler free impressions.

Just got to Chapter 7 before I stopped. A new environment SPOILER OF ENVIRONMENT DESCRIPTION
underground city
and a very cool looking one. Also a new outfit for my main man Ezio.

Altair sequences are nothing special gameplay wise but they do some cool stuff at the end of Sequence 6 for Altair. Won't spoil what it is but it is something where the game mechanics and controls tell a story themselves as well. Really classy.

Also, I only did the tower defence game once (the mandatory tutorial one) and haven't bothered since. If you keep a liw profile and bribe people the Templars will never attack your den anyway. I also haven't liberated ANY other dens and just roll with my two assassin homies who capture cities for me in the brotherhood mission minigame. Money isn't a problem anyway in this game and once you buy the crossbow you are practically invincible. You also never need your assassins helpers, at least I didn't. Don't think that will change in the final two/three sequences. Will do all that sidequest stuff when I'm done with the story and after grinding those stupid MP trophies because I want the platinum.

I still think the bomb system is uninteresting, but maybe people will enjoy it. It is well thought out, but too bothersome when you can just crossbow and bladekill everyone and advance.

Dany

Banned
Stat Flow said:
Will be getting my copy today after classes. I am SO FUCKING EXCITED. And the only exam I have this week is today, so I'll be done with it by the time this game is in my hands.

YESSSS. AC + Gears all week.

All my exams are this week plus next monday. AFter that I have gears, batman and this fr 6 weeks.

So pumped!

Picking this up tomorrow morning after what is sure to be a gruelling night shift, the thought of being an badass Ezio in Constantinople should keep me going hopefully :)

Wow. Story definitely advances quickly from Sequence
, from both points of view. On the final Sequence now, will finish this evening. I'm hype boy!

luxarific

Nork unification denier
luxarific said:
For people who have finished/are playing the game, did Ubi obviously cut out chunks of the storyline as they did with Brotherhood and IIRC, ACII, to sell as DLC? That was so annoying, as I never have time to go back and replay those segments.

Anyone who's playing or who has finished the game? Any obvious cuts for DLC?

luxarific said:
Anyone who's playing or who has finished the game? Any obvious cuts for DLC?

No, not as blatant as they did in ACII. I guess there is always room for DLC between Sequences but we are not talking years or months in between here in which things happen that aren't explained. The story feels continuous and not at all compromised.

I CAN see them do some DLC for the SPOILER

Altair sequences in between different parts of his life, although the PSP game already addressed some of that. Maybe something about his travels to Mongolia could be used as a DLC setting but then again they have to build a shitload of new assets for that.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
StevePharma said:
No, not as blatant as they did in ACII. I guess there is room for DLC between Sequences but we are not talking years or months in between here in which things happen that aren't explained. The story feels continuous and not at all compromised.

OK, thanks! I only rarely go back and play DLC and in a game that is as heavily story-focused as AC, the DLC cuts were really glaring in ACII. I'm very glad they didn't do this in ACR.

cheddar

Neo Member
My game shipped and I'm so freaking excited. Can't wait for it to get here, I've got the week mostly free so I'll literally be smoking, eating, and playing AC:R all day errday. This game series has grabbed me like no other game ever has.

So after 7.5 hours of play (just checked that in the stats).

Both every building their is to buy, and opened every treasure chest can I can reach at this moment.

Now back to the main quest for a few missions and then off to the "guilds"/"faction" quests.

The Dutch Slayer said:

Both every building their is to buy, and opened every treasure chest can I can reach at this moment.

Now back to the main quest for a few missions and then off to the "guilds"/"faction" quests.

It's interesting to see that you play the game way differently than I do. I ignore every side distraction and just play the story missions until I finish that and then turn to the side stuff.

Sinthetic

The Dutch Slayer said:

EDIT: I need to learn to read every word in posts.

KAOz

Short bus special
Two trophies elude me. :(

Fast Fingers and Sage. I have done everything (completed the game yesterday and stuff), and, I have NO idea how to get these two at all.

Pains me.

magicaltrevor said:
So I picked up the game this saturday and quickly checked out the soundtrack CD that came with it, but unless I'm mistaken the 'main theme' isn't on it.

Does ANYONE have the full version of this track?

You probably recognize it from some clips/videos we've seen pre-launch and you heard a variation of the melody at the end of each round in the MP Beta.

Piano version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF6ocmmnyHE

Also, there's a lot of stuff on the OST that we've already heard on Brotherhood's OST... :/
Did you get the Signature Edition of the game? Because I've been wondering about the soundtrack that comes with it. If it was the full OST, or just a portion of it.
So the soundtrack contains songs from Brotherhood on it? Do they sound exactly the same, or have they been reworked a bit?

ultron87

From what I've seen online the soundtrack that comes with the various collector's editions is actually just a bunch of tracks from the previous games. Kinda scummy.

The actual 3-disc soundtrack comes out on iTunes tomorrow.

ultron87 said:
From what I've seen online the soundtrack that comes with the various collector's editions is actually just a bunch of tracks from the previous games. Kinda scummy.

The actual 3-disc soundtrack comes out on iTunes tomorrow.

This is true and a fucking scam. I expected a proper soundtrack in the Animus Edition just like with ACII

Sn4ke_911 said:
Gotta say AssCreed 2 bored me to hell after 3 hours or so but i wanna see how Ezio's story ends and how all comes together. So, i'll probably get this.

I hope the ending is very dramatic and not some happy ending shit.

I hope he dies.
Really? I thought ACII fixed EVERYTHING that sucked about ACI and then some. I found that game awesome from begining to end.

LiK

Jesus, I didnt even check for OST from Signature edition. Was so excited to get it early that I forgot to check lol

Also, if I just go get this from Best Buy, do you think I can stroll in there on black friday and get the price difference? Cause I'll do that if it'll work.

I get back home tomorrow night just in time Wednesday it begins. It feels like an annual Thanksgiving tradition now change over to snow tires and play an AC game during the holiday weekend. Not complaining the story has me hooked.

rataven

Man, after reading those reviews, the next 12 hours are going to feel like the longest of my life. Come on midnight!!

How big is this one, environmentally, compared to the others? If I'm the type of gamer that just likes to roam around admiring the sights and sounds, well how is it in that regard? I mean Brotherhood looked nice enough but it was a bit more restrictive I think.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
My review is up :)
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_gamersyde_review_ac_revelations-12190_en.html
brandonh83 said:
How big is this one, environmentally, compared to the others? If I'm the type of gamer that just likes to roam around admiring the sights and sounds, well how is it in that regard? I mean Brotherhood looked nice enough but it was a bit more restrictive I think.
About the same as brotherhood, but the city is quite a bit more interesting and varied in my opinion.

Ranger X

Thanks BlimBlim

I got a question though. I am super happy to realise I can save myself from that miserably tacked on Tower Defense gamepplay. But now, If ever it happens and they take back a Dens, can I do the Dens again and reclaim it "manually" like I originally did?

mocoworm

Not the best from Eurogamer:

Assassin's Creed: Revelations Review on Eurogamer :: 7/10

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-14-assassins-creed-revelations-review-review

If only the single-player game, which struggles to build momentum, were so well-considered. It's still fairly entertaining amid all its missteps, as the heart of Assassin's Creed perseveres to a degree. The disappointment is that Ubisoft is enamoured with its own glitter here, cramming Revelations so full of unnecessary adornments that there's not as much room for players to bring their own ingenuity and sense of adventure to the table.

Where Brotherhood enhanced the thrill of being Ezio Auditore, Revelations distracts from it. Ezio may look old, but it's the series itself that really shows its age.

Yet IGN says it's the best AC yet !?

Assassin's Creed: Revelations Review on IGN :: 8.5/10

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1212370p2.html

This is the best Assassin's Creed yet, even if that victory is claimed by an inch and not a mile. If you've been following the lives of Altair and Ezio this long, you owe it to yourself to see their last adventure.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Ranger X said:
Thanks BlimBlim

I got a question though. I am super happy to realise I can save myself from that miserably tacked on Tower Defense gamepplay. But now, If ever it happens and they take back a Dens, can I do the Dens again and reclaim it "manually" like I originally did?
I'm afraid I really don't know, it would make sense if it was like that though.

Edit: I'm glad to see that other reviews agree with me, I was a bit worried. Yeah, I'm not used to reviewing games with flaws, but still highly enjoyable like this one :)

Sounds like it's basically more of the same. I kind of expected that but I was hoping they would surprise us again like they did with Brotherhood. I only play AC for the single-player and I just don't know if I'm ready for another one so soon after finishing Brotherhood.

I'll probably either pick this up on Black Friday or just wait until sometime next year.

Edge is a 7.

Common things in these reviews: bit old, bit tired, repeating the same things in other games, tower defence isn't good, didn't bother with bombs really.

Top Bottom