• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Revelations |OT| Requiescat in Pace (56k)

legbone said:
trust me, you should buy skyrim. i am one of the biggest assassin's creed fans around but you should run to the nearest store and buy skyrim. hell, i didn't even like oblivion and skyrim may just well be the best game i have played this year. let's put it this way, if asscreed revelations is not better than skyrim then skyrim is my game of the year. i say this because skyrim is better than any game i have played this year and asscreed rev is the last game i am buying this year. skyrim is one of those games that only comes along once a generation.

While these words may be true, in my case at least, Revelations will be the better game to play while waiting on Zelda to come out. I want to be able to soak into Skyrim and I know I wouldn't be able to do that by this coming Sunday. However Revelations should prove to be a tighter experience in the meantime.

legbone

brandonh83 said:
While these words may be true, in my case at least, Revelations will be the better game to play while waiting on Zelda to come out. I want to be able to soak into Skyrim and I know I wouldn't be able to do that by this coming Sunday. However Revelations should prove to be a tighter experience in the meantime.

true. if you don't have the time to put into skyrim then i can understand. if there is one thing you need when playing skyrim it is time. the damn thing can eat four hours before you know it. hell, i played six straight the other day and didn't even notice.

legbone said:
trust me, you should buy skyrim. i am one of the biggest assassin's creed fans around but you should run to the nearest store and buy skyrim. hell, i didn't even like oblivion and skyrim may just well be the best game i have played this year. let's put it this way, if asscreed revelations is not better than skyrim then skyrim is my game of the year. i say this because skyrim is better than any game i have played this year and asscreed rev is the last game i am buying this year. skyrim is one of those games that only comes along once a generation.
Yea, I'm going to AC midnight launch no matter what. But I'm thinking I might pick up Skyrim... haha.

I mean AC is going to be 35 on black friday anyways. Grrr...

Debating if I should go to GameStop tonight to pick up my preorder. Wasn't expecting a midnight launch for this game, but apparently they are doin one.

Cheska

Like the hat? said:
Debating if I should go to GameStop tonight to pick up my preorder. Wasn't expecting a midnight launch for this game, but apparently they are doin one.

It depends on how badly you want the Signature Edition. I've found that I don't really trust GameStop to actually keep my pre-ordered game, mainly because I've witnessed them sell someone else's copy to another customer.

I hate to ask questions like this, but for those who have played this and Rayman, which is the preferred game? I know they are apples and oranges, but I've played every Ass Creed and enjoyed them (brotherhood was my favorite) but I've kind of slept on this one. I've even read the story spoilers and they only got me more intrigued.

LifEndz

I'm surprised this game didn't get pushed back to Q1. This time of year is just really packed with AAA games. Not mad though, looking forward to getting this on black Friday for half the price.

Very surprised with the reviews, people saying that is better than ACB but they give it a lower score, lol. Reviewers expecting a full-fledged sequel, lol.

The game is fantastic, sure some of the new stuff was overhyped and the story could be a bit longer but the game is great, only for how amazing is Constantinople is worth the money.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Damn, whatever they did to Desmond's face makes me a sad panda.

http://www.gameblurb.net/featured/versus-–-assassins-creed-revelations-screenshot-comparison/

Bring back Randez hotness for AC3 please, Ubi. ;_;

arton13885-200x216.jpg

ultron87

I beat the MW3 campaign and Sonic Generations tonight in order to clean my plate for this game. So excited!

(I am choosing to ignore that I still have Batman and Uncharted to finish.)

NZNova

Any of you guys buy this from Green Man Gaming? I'm not having any luck getting this thing to download through their Capsule program, and I'm wondering if I'm alone in that...

Sai

Massa said:
Am I alone in thinking the faces look way better in this game? I see a significant improvement.
They're more detailed, but different. Like, Desmond looks really different this time around. And Ezio looks funny when he talks. :I

Tomorrow morning~

Glassboy

NZNova said:
Any of you guys buy this from Green Man Gaming? I'm not having any luck getting this thing to download through their Capsule program, and I'm wondering if I'm alone in that...
Not out til Dec I think

NZNova

Glassboy said:
Not out til Dec I think

Yeah, just found that out. Green Man really needs to work harder on updating release dates, the same thing happened with the site telling me Renegade Ops was out even though it'd been delayed.

WHAT THE FUCK

I pick up my copy from EB and the Signature Edition code stuff is missing. All I have is the french card which says go look at the English card.

YHNFel.jpg

LiK

My Signature edition from Gamestop didn't come with any OST CD. Not a big deal cuz I wanted for the exclusive code but that's false advertising.

LiK said:
My Signature edition from Gamestop didn't come with any OST CD. Not a big deal cuz I wanted for the exclusive code but that's false advertising.
SHIT. I didn't realize I didn't get the soundtrack either. Or that animated short film. Guess I'll give them shit tomorrow.

Quick

Banned
The EB guys explained it to us that Ubisoft forgot to package the codes in with the game, and had taped hand-written ones for all PS3 copies. They also told us to come back later if there were any issues.

However, no game soundtrack is included.

kaioshade

Heh damn. Now that i think about it, i saw a bunch of people leaving without any soundtrack or movie as well. Wonder if GS did another spectacular bait & switch.

red731

Good, good. I like the game. The atmosphere. Just climbing a top the biggest viewpoint and hanging there for a long time - I love the day/night cycles.

I am in pretty shortly, but I really like
Yusuf
and Desmonds
tetris building - i just spam the button xD

Irish

Quick said:
The EB guys explained it to us that Ubisoft forgot to package the codes in with the game, and had taped hand-written ones for all PS3 copies. They also told us to come back later if there were any issues.

However, no game soundtrack is included.

Wow, that is some bullshit. Looks like I'm going to be superfucked too because I ordered it online.

Dead

well not really...yet
Massa said:
So, is AC1 for the PS3 included in the disc or a download code?
Yeah, its plastered all over the cover

I assumed the OST and Movie were codes in teh box...if they werent, Ill probably return my copy

Jeels

Damnit, the PS3 copies have a little blurb about "PS3 Exclusive, Assassins Creed included on Bluray".

I thought it was a sticker that I could just peel off but its printed right on.

LiK

kaioshade said:
Heh damn. Now that i think about it, i saw a bunch of people leaving without any soundtrack or movie as well. Wonder if GS did another spectacular bait & switch.
Probably, wouldn't surprise me if they did. The box only has space for one disc so it looks like we bought the Signature edition for the code and nothing else.

what's the packaging for the signature edition like? i read somewhere that it wasn't a standard dvd case...

my gamestop wasn't open at midnight even though their text notifications said they would be :(

Jeels

So I wanted the short film, what gives Gamestop? Should I go back tomorrow? I would not have given them my money if not for the exclusive edition.

oddworld18 said:
what's the packaging for the signature edition like? i read somewhere that it wasn't a standard dvd case...

my gamestop wasn't open at midnight even though their text notifications said they would be :(
All I got was a regular case (PS3 version) with SIGNATURE EDITION emblazoned at the top.

rataven said:
Guys, you have to download the movie and soundtrack. The directions are on the back of the code card.

Go here and enter your code: . You'll need a Uplay account.

.....though I just tried and it said my code was invalid :/
There was no code card in my case that made any reference to the movie or soundtrack. There's a U Play card which is the online pass for the multiplayer...seriously everything is missing, them calling it the signature edition is bullshit.

rataven said:
Guys, you have to download the movie and soundtrack. The directions are on the back of the code card.

Go here and enter your code: www.assassinscreed.com/bonuscontent. You'll need a Uplay account.

.....though I just tried and it said my code was invalid :/

Crewnh said:
WHAT THE FUCK

I pick up my copy from EB and the Signature Edition code stuff is missing. All I have is the french card which says go look at the English card.

YHNFel.jpg

Oh man... really hoping I don't get fucked over here. The only reason I ordered from EB was for Embers and the soundtrack, otherwise I would have just gone to Future Shop and picked it up instead of pre-ordering.

I am gonna be pissed if I don't get my movie and soundtrack. RAGE.

rataven

Crewnh said:
There was no code card in my case that made any reference to the movie or soundtrack. There's a U Play card which is the online pass for the multiplayer...seriously everything is missing, them calling it the signature edition is bullshit.
Yea, your situation seems completely messed up. They should be able to get you a code if you call them about it tomorrow.

My PS3 copy in the US had everything they advertised, just not necessarily in the mentioned format.

Salazar

Hook-rolling over dudes' shoulders is pretty killer. Especially when they are on the edge of a roof and you manage to dump them right off it.

So I was gonna do the whole play the series from Assassins 2, then brotherhood and then this but I got all the info I needed from this thread so I think I'm just gonna jump into this one.But I have a quick question.

I only played the first assassin and I remember the combat was really bad, you just hit counter attack when a guy tries to stab you.Did they ever improve the combat to make it feel more like say batman or uncharted where you can attack more than one guy at once and counter attack at will instead of waiting for the guys to attack you one by one?

Irish

ChocolatePuddin said:
you can attack more than one guy at once and counter attack at will instead of waiting for the guys to attack you one by one?

Yes

and I would still play through Brohood and 2 since you haven't already.

LiK

ChocolatePuddin said:
So I was gonna do the whole play the series from Assassins 2, then brotherhood and then this but I got all the info I needed from this thread so I think I'm just gonna jump into this one.But I have a quick question.

I only played the first assassin and I remember the combat was really bad, you just hit counter attack when a guy tries to stab you.Did they ever improve the combat to make it feel more like say batman or uncharted where you can attack more than one guy at once and counter attack at will instead of waiting for the guys to attack you one by one?

yes, combat is way better in the sequels. better than UC3 but not quite as smooth as Batman.

btw, if you skip AC2 and Brotherhood, the story in Revelations will mean jackshit to you. Just play the previous games. they're great.

ChocolatePuddin said:

YES

Edit:

Kotaku has an 11 minute look at ACR if anyone's interested:

http://kotaku.com/5859451/in-11-min...s-new-and-good-in-assassins-creed-revelations

In 11 Minutes, I’ll Show You What’s New and Good in Assassin’s Creed: Revelations

At first glance, the new Assasin's Creed looks like the last two, just in a new city. Not quite.

Let me show you.

Assassin's Creed Revelations introduces some excellent tweaks and new ideas into the franchise's formula. I captured some of the best today from my PlayStation 3 copy of the game.

Check out the improved climbing, the better sites, the versatile new hookblade, the intensified action, the expanded assassin-training system and the two best new things in the game: 1) the surprisingly excellent bomb system and 2) the radical gameplay shift for the game's modern-day Desmond sequences.

I compressed it into 11 minutes (some compression, huh?). And I didn't even get to multiplayer. Or den defense. or other cool stuff. Give the video a look and you can see for yourself how much they've changed in this new game.

(The Desmond stuff is at the end, if you don't want to be spoiled. I warn you before it starts.)

They're only half-right. The game gives you more things you can do, but it's still easier (albeit longer) to do counter kills

Edit: I'm talking about 2 and Bro. Dunno about Rev yet.

Irish

faceless007 said:
They're only half-right. The game gives you more things you can do, but it's still easier (albeit longer) to do counter kills.

Yeah, but the kill chains themselves are what he is talking about, mainly. Also in there is the ability to kill more than 1 dude at a time, which you can do with the gun/throwing knives in your combos.

LiK said:
yes, combat is way better in the sequels. better than UC3 but not quite as smooth as Batman.

btw, if you skip AC2 and Brotherhood, the story in Revelations will mean jackshit to you. Just play the previous games. they're great.

Ya people are saying that playing Revelations without playing the other 2 is like video game blasphemy.I know I should go back and play the others but I don't know if I,ll get through them, I still got skyrim, batman, and MW3 to pick up and play, and I would actually like to play through that new lord of the rings game with a buddy.There's just too many freaking good games, I don't think any other year was this packed with AAA games in such a small launch window.

I think this could be the greatest year for gaming........ever.

legbone

damn it feels good to be back in ezio's boots. the climbing engine in this is second to none (better than uncharted in my opinion which is a close second). i forgot just how well ac does climbing. also, the series really makes you feel like a badass. ezio is one bad motherfucker. i cannot wait to see what these guys come up with for next year's game. thanks to ac's storyline i can easily play one a year and not get tired of it.

Top Bottom