• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Revelations |OT| Requiescat in Pace (56k)

DrBo42 said:
Gaining more templar awareness from buying properties makes sense I suppose. I think it also increases when recruiting as well. Yes, posters are gone because it's no longer individual notoriety, it's the notoriety of the assassin brotherhood. You can bribe heralds for a much smaller cost, and assassinate witnesses.
Ah thanks for that I have not SEEN 1 thing about the game until I played it today was on total media blackout for this game, because I love AC2 and AC:B.

Rev is very cool so far, more of the same but for me that is like returning to my favorite tv show and have a new awesome long episode.

Say anyone hear about +- time to complete the game? AC:B lasted me +-40 hours to get 100%.
I hope the game is at least similar is scope and length.

Anyone hear any gametime stuff yet?

Mr. Sam

DrBo42 said:
Gaining more templar awareness from buying properties makes sense I suppose. I think it also increases when recruiting as well. Yes, posters are gone because it's no longer individual notoriety, it's the notoriety of the assassin brotherhood. You can bribe heralds for a much smaller cost, and assassinate witnesses.

You should always assassinate witnesses in front of large crowds. You know, for the irony.

DrBo42

Holy shit. Once you control a city in the world mission menu, you can get gold and ingredients per day. Looks like XP as well. Wow.

surly

Banned
Has anyone got any tips for the
tower defence
mini-game?

It always goes like this for me: -

Initial waves are easy and I kill all the enemies, then they roll in that siege tower, knock down all of my barriers and win.

Irish

I wish they would release that target video from 2004 or whatever in decent quality. It was very interesting.

Sinthetic

I was doing some looking back after reading that IGN article, I know it's weird but it made me realise how highly I'd rate the entire series as a whole. It's seriously awesome and I love exploring the Cities that they create so accurately.

I'd continue buying them every year as long as they keep giving me unique and brilliant areas of the World to rooftop assassinate people on.

iNvidious01 said:
reluctantly added to OP

Bwah, you didn't need to, the OP is in-depth enough. I just thought it'd be a nice read if someone was interested.

Anymore weight to the OP and we might get a gravitational collapse situation ;)

Fuzzy said:
How does it compare to the OP of this thread? :p

It's... shorter.

iNvid02

^^ lol no i just added a link in the first post under updates, not touching that op again.
but there's always something interesting popping up like news which i'll link there

Micerider

Interesting, I found myslef torn between AssCreedRev and Skyrim, not knowing what to play first.

To get a better idea, I played both for roughly 2 hours each. I do see Skyrim with an incredible potential, but I have been hooked by AC : R.

Constantinople looks wonderful, a nice change of settings that does not feel like a cheap trade-off for Italian Renaissance.

Seems Ezio will make Dovakhin patient a tad more.

iNvid02

im sorta glad the pc version got delayed for a bit now, skyrim is fantastic. finished the main quest and made a new thief, so much stuff to do. in a few weeks i'll be ready for acr.

Micerider said:
Interesting, I found myslef torn between AssCreedRev and Skyrim, not knowing what to play first.

To get a better idea, I played both for roughly 2 hours each. I do see Skyrim with an incredible potential, but I have been hooked by AC : R.

Constantinople looks wonderful, a nice change of settings that does not feel like a cheap trade-off for Italian Renaissance.

Seems Ezio will make Dovakhin patient a tad more.

For those on the fence its easy. Play skyrim now, wait to get AC for $35 best buy deal for black friday

if you are impatient, target are doing $20 off when buy 2 select games including AC and for example Saints Row 3

cleveridea said:
For those on the fence its easy. Play skyrim now, wait to get AC for $35 best buy deal for black friday

if you are impatient, target are doing $20 off when buy 2 select games including AC and for example Saints Row 3

That's totally the wrong way to go. Skyrim will get better with patches, while ACR will be way more polished at the beginning.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Can we expect the GT review tonight or only tomorrow?

DrBo42

Irish said:
Is the map different this time around?
Map is more satellite view style. Much more detail.

Impression update:
9 1/2 hours in, loving the game. Enjoying it significantly more than Brotherhood so far. Spoiler of percentage done
40%

Irish

DrBo42 said:
Map is more satellite view style. Much more detail.

Impression update:
9 1/2 hours in, loving the game. Enjoying it significantly more than Brotherhood so far. Spoiler of percentage done
40%

Cool. So, Skyrim-esque? Also, how are those random sidemissions that pop up whenever?

DrBo42

Irish said:
Cool. So, Skyrim-esque? Also, how are those random sidemissions that pop up whenever?
Skyrim has a 3d map with current weather data. This is just like a flat map you'd see on googlemaps for satellite view. They're called systemic events or something like that I believe. I've only seen 1 type so far, repeated 2 or 3 times.

iNvid02

kayos90 said:
Are we allowed to talk about Embers or is that not allowed.

if somebody doesn't know what embers is they might ruin everything for themselves, so
i think you should save that for the spoilers thread, someone will create it in a day or two

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
iNvidious01 said:
if somebody doesn't know what embers is they might ruin everything for themselves, so
i think you should save that for the spoilers thread, someone will create it in a day or two
Thanks. Will do that.

This really bugs me. I'm not sure if I can wait till blackfriday. But 35 bucks is a nice price for the game to only have to wait another week and a half.

legbone

oh man, just found out the gamestop in my town is doing a midnight launch for this. hell yeah. this is my last purchase of the year. i am off work for the week of thanksgiving. so it will be this and skyrim all week long. i cannot think of two better games (i love the assassin's creed series and skyrim is my first elder scrolls game after i couldn't get into oblivion) to spend my week with. guess i will find out which one will be my game of the year.

I kinda hope the story is a lil longer in this. I beat Brotherhood in 11 hours and 15 minutes. I Like to save the side stuff 'till after I beat the mean quest.

SarBear

Been playing this all day. Quick impressions:

Not too fancy of old Ezio. I was passive about it in previews because I told myself I'd wait until i got my hands on it to judge. But in my opinion, it just doesn't work.

Other than that, the game is EXCELLENT. VERY, VERY dark mood to the game. Love the art direction they went with. Hook blade animations are a bit jittery, not as smooth as other weapons, but hey, it's cool. I'm digging bomb creation, the stink bomb is a bit hilarious.

Love the dynamic battles now. Makes fights even more interesting when you're down to your last man. And this whole thing with whom I assume is
subject 16
is pretty intriguing to say the very least.

So far, so good.

DotComa

MadraptorMan said:
Seriously why do PC gamers have to wait more than a week to play this game? Between this and Batman it's just not fair!! :(

because of piracy in the pc. they prefer to have a strong 1-2 first weeks of sales in consoles

UrbanRats

MadraptorMan said:
Seriously why do PC gamers have to wait more than a week to play this game? Between this and Batman it's just not fair!! :(
More than 2 weeks, for the EU (2 dec) plus the shipping time, i'm gonna get this for Christmas, lol.

Dmax3901

So I don't have an Xbox anymore and am thinking of buying this on PC. Never played an AC game on PC, how does it feel? Does anyone play with M/KB?

Kinyou

A question to the guys who are already playing it. Are the
Altair sequences
just linear missions similar to the dungeons of AC2 and ACB, or are they full fledged open world scenarios?

CrazyDude

SarBear said:
Been playing this all day. Quick impressions:

Not too fancy of old Ezio. I was passive about it in previews because I told myself I'd wait until i got my hands on it to judge. But in my opinion, it just doesn't work.

Other than that, the game is EXCELLENT. VERY, VERY dark mood to the game. Love the art direction they went with. Hook blade animations are a bit jittery, not as smooth as other weapons, but hey, it's cool. I'm digging bomb creation, the stink bomb is a bit hilarious.

Love the dynamic battles now. Makes fights even more interesting when you're down to your last man. And this whole thing with whom I assume is
subject 16
is pretty intriguing to say the very least.

So far, so good.
What's wrong with old Ezio?

Derrick01

Banned
MadraptorMan said:

Because they both complain about piracy, yet refuse to use Steamworks. Biggest durp moments from publishers in a while really. I know Batman switched to steamworks for the Steam version, but because they didn't go full steamworks they still "have" to delay it for the other copies.

Rokam

Wasn't sure where to post this but my nephew wants me to take him to the midnight release tomorrow and swears that we need to go early cause they give out door prizes or some shit at Gamestop. Never heard of this, any reason to actually show up early?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Kinyou said:
A question to the guys who are already playing it. Are the
Altair sequences
just linear missions similar to the dungeons of AC2 and ACB, or are they full fledged open world scenarios?
It's like a segmented mission from the games. It's not open world.

Dany

Banned
I am very curious to see how this game is. They managed to pull Brotherhood in a year and that was so damn fun. I hope this game turns out as well.

Giantbomb has a quick look going up tomorrow morning, so i'd assume reviews hit tomorrow aswel? Everything i've seen looks awesome, new city, new toys, new music, i hope its great!

CrazyDude

Dany M said:
I am very curious to see how this game is. They managed to pull Brotherhood in a year and that was so damn fun. I hope this game turns out as well.

Giantbomb has a quick look going up tomorrow morning, so i'd assume reviews hit tomorrow aswel? Everything i've seen looks awesome, new city, new toys, new music, i hope its great!
According to the people who have it early, the game is great.

Kinyou

kayos90 said:
It's like a segmented mission from the games. It's not open world.
Meh, that's a bit disappointing but I already expected it to turn out this way.

Edit: I could think that they maybe just didn't have the time to make those sequences openworld. I saw the intro to the game and it's almost ridiculous how many different Ubisoft Studios worked at this game. I feel like they are able to keep those tight release schedules only through pure manpower.

KAOz

Short bus special
Wario64 said:
Is it confirmed that this game utilizes an online pass?

Yes it does.

Kinyou said:
Meh, that's a bit disappointing but I already expected it to turn out this way.

Without spoiling anything, the whole segments are quite disappointing there really.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Dany M said:

Embargo is lifted at 6PM CET, in a bit more than 10 hours.

Top Bottom