• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Revelations |OT| Requiescat in Pace (56k)

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
gdt5016 said:
Picked it up for $40 at Walmart here in Allentown, PA.

At that price, day 1, didn't want to wait for the pc version :(.

Skyrim and UC3 multi are sucking my life though. I definitely could've waited, ESPECIALLY WITH ZELDA THIS SUNDAY, but whatever. The problem of too many awesome games is an awesome problem.

Yep.

I was going to pick this up on Black Friday at Best Buy, but this deal is too good, and i was able to price-match at Best Buy. Now to return with my receipt and claim the price difference during BF; even if it's only 5 bucks.

Still busy with MW3, UC3, Skyrim, and Dark Souls to start up this game. Hope to make time for it when Winter break kicks in.

gdt

BigNastyCurve said:
Amazon is $60. Why is WM $40? The hell...I'm sending that shit back and picking it up at WM.

I think it's a mistake.

Even the standard sticker under the game box said $39.96.

gdt

Damn, they redesigned Desmond hard. Looks really weird to me. The new face works much better on Ezio.

Also Nolan North overload.

Quick

Banned
So, I activated the Signature Edition code via the PS Store, and something popped up confirming I did. It didn't download anything, though. Was I supposed to activate it a different way because I'm not seeing any sort of indication in the game that I have the Signature Edition stuff.

I just checked my PSN download history and it doesn't show it.

So, I sent my first assassin on a quest, he's been gone for hours with the time at "unknown" and I'm not really sure how placing my assassins at the dens defends them. They start at level 10 but then have to be sent on missions to level them up? It's confusing.

SarBear

Snapshot King said:
So, I sent my first assassin on a quest, he's been gone for hours with the time at "unknown" and I'm not really sure how placing my assassins at the dens defends them. They start at level 10 but then have to be sent on missions to level them up? It's confusing.

It is confusing. Don't worry about the Assassin who is off on a quest. He'll come back shortly.

ultron87

Just played this game for 4 hours straight. Love it. Anyone that likes Assassin's Creed and wants more will enjoy this game.

At least half of that was just randomly roaming around the city hitting Dens and recruiting people. My quest to put together an almost entirely female roster of recruits is slow going. (It just seems like that that is how Ezio would roll.)

Quick said:
So, I activated the Signature Edition code via the PS Store, and something popped up confirming I did. It didn't download anything, though. Was I supposed to activate it a different way because I'm not seeing any sort of indication in the game that I have the Signature Edition stuff.

I just checked my PSN download history and it doesn't show it.

I have the same problem. I did find a book that said something about a Vlad mission, but I'm not sure.

surly

Banned
Now that a lot more people have the game, does anyone have any tips for the tower defence sections?

It's a breeze until
the siege engine rolls in, then it just crushes all of my barriers in seconds and I can't damage it enough before the mode ends and I lose.
That's basically happened every time I've tried it and so I just avoid that mode altogether now by keeping my notoriety down, but I'd like to know where I'm going wrong. :D

Mest30

Banned
surly said:
Now that a lot more people have the game, does anyone have any tips for the tower defence sections?

It's a breeze until
the siege engine rolls in, then it just crushes all of my barriers in seconds and I can't damage it enough before the mode ends and I lose.
That's basically happened every time I've tried it and so I just avoid that mode altogether now by keeping my notoriety down, but I'd like to know where I'm going wrong. :D

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, you press
L2, on the ps3 anyway, to shoot cannon balls at it. I have only done the first tower defense, though, so not sure if you're talking about the same thing.
. Worked in seconds for me.

In a side note, I canceled my gamestop preorder and picked this up for $40 bucks at Walmart. Thank you, gaf.

surly

Banned
Mest30 said:
If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, you press
L2, on the ps3 anyway, to shoot cannon balls at it. I have only done the first tower defense, though, so not sure if you're talking about the same thing.
. Worked in seconds for me.
In the initial tutorial, that also worked in seconds for me too, but after that it didn't.

What happens is this: -

I have several barriers in place, guys on the rooftops, guys on the ground. The rounds where it's just the guys on foot attacking you are ridiculously easy. The siege tower rolls up. I start blasting it with cannon balls and shooting at it in between cannon ball shots. It burns through my barriers and gets to the den, then I continue to hit it with cannon balls and gun fire and it gets down to about half of its energy bar by the time I lose.

That's literally happened every time apart from in the tutorial.

Mest30

Banned
surly said:
In the initial tutorial, that also worked in seconds for me too, but after that it didn't.

What happens is this: -

I have several barriers in place, guys on the rooftops, guys on the ground. The rounds where it's just the guys on foot attacking you are ridiculously easy. The siege tower rolls up. I start blasting it with cannon balls and shooting at it in between cannon ball shots. It burns through my barriers and gets to the den, then I continue to hit it with cannon balls and gun fire and it gets down to about half of its energy bar by the time I lose.

That's literally happened every time apart from in the tutorial.

Well that sucks. I've only played the tutorial den defense. I'll get further tomorrow and try to post up something if I figure it out if nobody does before that.

Ozzykamikaze said:
I have the same problem. I did find a book that said something about a Vlad mission, but I'm not sure.

Found on another forum that it is activated even without a download, if anyone was wondering.

kaioshade

So where the crap are all the multiplayer characters. I see people running around as the smuggler and courtesan at lvl 1. im lvl 5 and none of those characters?

How do you guys feel about the Desmond's Journey sequences? I've completed two of them so far, and I've got mixed reactions.

The concept is cool, I guess. They're pretty uneventful, though...I just spam the blocks to get to where I need to go. Kind of boring. I much prefer the glyphs/puzzles of the other games.

DarkChronic said:
How do you guys feel about the Desmond's Journey sequences? I've completed two of them so far, and I've got mixed reactions.

The concept is cool, I guess. They're pretty uneventful, though...I just spam the blocks to get to where I need to go. Kind of boring. I much prefer the glyphs/puzzles of the other games.

Are there no puzzle/glyphs in this game? I'm a few hours in and feared they were gone.

Really don't like Desmond's new face, wish they would of stuck with the old designs.

Game is pretty good so far, I can see why people think the gameplay is getting stale though. They really need to innovate with the next game otherwise I'm not sure if I can see myself playing AC2 a fourth time.

Went through a bunch of sequences, now I'm focusing on getting Master Assassins while doing sequences. Have about 3 Master Assassins now with more on the way.

What happens though if you have all your dens filled up with Master Assassins? Does that mean the remaining ones can't become Master Assassins?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
PoorFate said:
What happens though if you have all your dens filled up with Master Assassins? Does that mean the remaining ones can't become Master Assassins?
Yeah they max out at level 10.

LiK

Jamesways said:
Just an hour or so in, but how do you keep your notoriety down?
Bribe Heralds usually. Can only kill Officials when maxed. Seems like they took out the ability to take out Wanted posters which made it easier to keep Notoriety down.

Jamesways said:
Just an hour or so in, but how do you keep your notoriety down?

So far the only way I found to lower it is to pay off the heralds or to kill designated officers. From what I can tell (only 4 hours in) they've removed the "tearing down posters" method. So I'm constantly shelling out 100 Akçe just to lower it.

edit: lol, late

LiK

FYI, your Notoriety goes up when you renovate shops as well. I don't remember this happening in Brotherhood. Kinda annoying in Revelations.

LiK said:
FYI, your Notoriety goes up when you renovate shops as well. I don't remember this happening in Brotherhood. Kinda annoying in Revelations.

Wow, I did not realize this. Some really poor decisions, that I don't see the reasons for making. Good thing I really enjoy the game otherwise.

LiK said:

Yeah, what is the point of that? Very bizarre.

Other than that, I am loving this game a lot so far.

LiK

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Yeah, what is the point of that? Very bizarre.

Other than that, I am loving this game a lot so far.
Yea, doesn't make sense since Templars were driven out. I guess they did this to make it harder to earn money.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
LiK said:
Yeah it's very annoying, especially since they also removed the posters and some parts of the city have no heralds to be seen. It's also 20% for monuments or factions houses too.

SarBear

Blimblim said:
Yeah it's very annoying, especially since they also removed the posters and some parts of the city have no heralds to be seen. It's also 20% for monuments or factions houses too.

Blim, have you had any success with defending Assassin's Dens? As others have pointed out, the tutorial was pretty easy to follow and enemies stood no chance, but in actual play the rolling thunder seems unstoppable.

Any pointers, if you've figured it out?

gdt5016 said:
Damn, they redesigned Desmond hard. Looks really weird to me. The new face works much better on Ezio.

Also Nolan North overload.

Yeah, I wonder why they felt the need to redesign him........oh wait, I see now.
newdes.jpg

This shit is getting ridiculous.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
SarBear said:
Blim, have you had any success with defending Assassin's Dens? As others have pointed out, the tutorial was pretty easy to follow and enemies stood no chance, but in actual play the rolling thunder seems unstoppable.

Any pointers, if you've figured it out?
I only did the tutorial, so I can't help I'm afraid. I played it very safe with notoriety, so I had no den attacks to do deal with :)

Blimblim

The Inside Track
keltickennedy said:
Yeah, I wonder why they felt the need to redesign him........oh wait, I see now.
newdes.jpg

This shit is getting ridiculous.
Maybe they are going to use full body motion capture (ala avatar) in AC3 and need to get Desmond's facial features to be closer to North's. I guess it would make sense.

Blimblim said:
Maybe they are going to use full body motion capture (ala avatar) in AC3 and need to get Desmond's facial features to be closer to North's. I guess it would make sense.

Okay....but that's not Nolan North. It's the Creative Director for this new game.

Top Bottom