• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Revelations |OT| Requiescat in Pace (56k)

legbone

Irish said:
Damn... Looks so good.

Also, the series is only going to get easier and, in all honesty, I don't really see a problem with that.

yeah, i was damn impressed when i fired it up tonight. i don't remember brotherhood looking so good. of course my memory may be faulty. they have really tuned up this engine. guess it makes sense. three games in three years so it should be tuned.

For those who have the game already, what's with this 'Templar's retaking Borgia Towers' thing? I'm OK with that kind of gang territory takeover mechanic as long as once you get them they're yours, which is why I liked the Borgia Towers in Brotherhood, but watching the GB Quick Look it seems that the Templars will come and retake those towers and you'll have to fight them off with some kind of tower defence minigame. I hated constantly having to win back areas when I played San Andreas, and there isn't any kind of gameplay I like less than tower defence, so I'm really not looking forward to any of this.

How frequently does it seem like they'll come and retake the Templar Dens, and is there any way of making it not happen? Like maybe training your assassins and leaving a garrison there to fight them off?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
matrix-cat said:
For those who have the game already, what's with this 'Templar's retaking Borgia Towers' thing? I'm OK with that kind of gang territory takeover mechanic as long as once you get them they're yours, which is why I liked the Borgia Towers in Brotherhood, but watching the GB Quick Look it seems that the Templars will come and retake those towers and you'll have to fight them off with some kind of tower defence minigame. I hated constantly having to win back areas when I played San Andreas, and there isn't any kind of gameplay I like less than tower defence, so I'm really not looking forward to any of this.

How frequently does it seem like they'll come and retake the Templar Dens, and is there any way of making it not happen? Like maybe training your assassins and leaving a garrison there to fight them off?
The templars attack only when your notoriety goes to 100% and stays there for a few minutes. The way I played it, I never got attacked a single time and only got to play the tower defense once, for the tutorial.
Also you can assign one of your assassins to a den, and once he reaches level 15 and you do the two part master assassin mission with him, the den can't be attacked anymore.

Raitosaito said:
But that's the clunkiest least define part of the game supposedly ):

It cant be that bad, tower defense is some what an easy game mechanic to implement.This game is seriously surprising me, I read somewhere that you can recruit other assassins to fight for you and buy property and generate money from businesses?!

This is blowing my mind, I have been on an assassins creed media black out for yeas since my disappointment from the first one, this game has evolved so much!

I am so impressed, please tell me that you can accept assassination jobs as like a side quest from random people, so you can just go around killing people and make cash like a hitman?!

Blimblim said:
The templars attack only when your notoriety goes to 100% and stays there for a few minutes. The way I played it, I never got attacked a single time and only got to play the tower defense once, for the tutorial.
Also you can assign one of your assassins to a den, and once he reaches level 15 and you do the two part master assassin mission with him, the den can't be attacked anymore.
That is awesome. Thanks a lot, man, hype back up to 100%.

Cartman86

Banned
ChocolatePuddin said:
It cant be that bad, tower defense is some what an easy game mechanic to implement.This game is seriously surprising me, I read somewhere that you can recruit other assassins to fight for you and buy property and generate money from businesses?!

This is blowing my mind, I have been on an assassins creed media black out for yeas since my disappointment from the first one, this game has evolved so much!

I am so impressed, please tell me that you can accept assassination jobs as like a side quest from random people, so you can just go around killing people and make cash like a hitman?!

2 added the owning parts of the city stuff and Brotherhood added the recruit assassins part (the best part). The assassinations jobs at least in Brotherhood were side quests (I think 2 had the same thing). There were a fair amount of them too. I assume it's the same in this.

But yeah ever since AC2 the series has been quite a lot better than 1.

I'd say each Assassin's Creed has been significantly better than the last. It's why I've never been too bothered by Ubisoft pumping them out once a year, because it's hard to complain when they get better and better. Revelations seems to be the point where the stuff they're adding isn't making such a big difference, but I'm still into it. I'd be fine with playing Brotherhood again with a new story and a few new moves at my disposal.

Dead

well not really...yet
I bought the game at midnight when I went to pick up Saints Row 3, but I think I might end up returning it after all.

Theres just too much stuff I still have on my plate, plus I still haven't beat Brotherhood. :(

Cheska

rataven said:
Guys, you have to download the movie and soundtrack. The directions are on the back of the code card.

Go here and enter your code: www.assassinscreed.com/bonuscontent. You'll need a Uplay account.

.....though I just tried and it said my code was invalid :/

Dude, thank you so much for mentioning that! Probably wouldn't have thought to check the back of the card. Really wish the movie was included on the disc though, so I could watch it immediately after beating the game.

Dead said:
Theres just too much stuff I still have on my plate, plus I still haven't beat Brotherhood. :(

I really believe this is one of those series where it's important to play the previous titles.

Quick

Banned
Hookblade is fun as hell to use on the ziplines. Fuck yes for this.

Yusuf explaining it was a pretty captain obvious moment. "There are two components: the hook and the blade!"

rataven

About two hours in, couldn't be happier. And man, there was something very eerie about roaming around Masyaf as Ezio. Feels like we've really come full circle with the series.

Cartman86 said:
2 added the owning parts of the city stuff and Brotherhood added the recruit assassins part (the best part). The assassinations jobs at least in Brotherhood were side quests (I think 2 had the same thing). There were a fair amount of them too. I assume it's the same in this.

But yeah ever since AC2 the series has been quite a lot better than 1.

Cheese cant wait to get stuck in, I shall post my impressions, but wow this game looks ambitious.

rataven

Grabbed this from Gamesradar. A shot of before/afters for our whole assassin crew:

1iMLO.jpg

I don't have any problem with Ezio but playing the game, everytime I see Altair or Desmond, it's like, uh, plastic surgery went wrong.

Sequence 7 is frikin amazing, can't wait to finish the game this night :)

Cheska

Uhh for people that have been playing for a few hours, did you guys get
"The Early Years"
trophy before the
"Best Served Cold" one?
I think it glitched on me if you were supposed to get that one first, since the only one I got this far is the latter.

Salazar

MrCookiepants said:
Wow @ the reviews. Guess that's one less game to buy.

Eh. I've barely done anything in the game so far except tutorials and roaming around messing up guards. Largely because I haven't noticed how I am supposed to progress. I'm quite enjoying it. Haven't used ziplines a great deal, but running up to folks and throwing them with the hookblade is great.

Sign me up as someone who actively doesn't give a fuck about Desmond, though.

Rainy Dog

Unregistered007 said:
Love the OP, very informative.

However what is left out is

Ubisoft edition 19.99 in march 2012.

This is why I'm not rushing out to get this today. Love the AC games, but the price of each one drops quicker than any other big franchise despite the consistently healthy sales. It's pretty much guaranteed the price will start dropping after about a month then it'll be a budget title within 6-8 months.

Good to read the positive impressions though.

Epcott

Any chances of them eventually releasing a compilation of ACII/ACB/ACR in an all in one ultimate ACII pack? Not to say I'm cheap, but I still have yet to finish II.

Once they said ACB was meant to be content from II that was left out, I've always held out for a collection rather than finishing the second game. I guess a better question would be, how many hours of gameplay is each AC after the first game? Are they worth getting separately or waiting indefinitely?

Den defense is annoying, but otherwise the game is definitely good.

I was wondering if there is any reports on the main game length? And if so how long is it?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
WrathOfOtaibah said:
Den defense is annoying, but otherwise the game is definitely good.

I was wondering if there is any reports on the main game length? And if so how long is it?
Took me about 25 hours, 100% all treasures, data fragments, pages, shops and monuments, dens, assassins all maxed, but left most faction missions alone. I took my time and ran most of the time when I wanted to go to one point of the city to another, because I just love the city layout :)

Kajiba

My brother just pick this up at walmart for 39.99 for some reason lol. My brother was about to same something then stop and kept his mouth shut. Pretty crazy. He got it for cheap.

Wow couple post up already mention. Good stuff.

Mest30

Banned
How long will it be $40 bucks at Walmart for? I preordered at gamestop. I put like half down. Is it worth cancelling the preorder and going to Walmart? Won't be able to pick it up for 10 more hours.

LifEndz said:
I'm surprised this game didn't get pushed back to Q1. This time of year is just really packed with AAA games. Not mad though, looking forward to getting this on black Friday for half the price.
Why? AC games have always launched against or around Call of Duty titles and have always done well.

styl3s

Anyone have it for PS3? haven't played brotherhood on PS3 but AC2 got fucked with its port on PS3, super ugly muddy textures etc.

How is this looking? i dont mind getting it on 360 i just prefer owning my games on ps3.

Top Bottom