• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Revelations |OT| Requiescat in Pace (56k)

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Cheska said:
That part makes me the saddest, and I'm ultimately not looking forward to finding out more at this point if it's really that bad.
I wouldn't be surprised if they
killed her off
(dunno why I spoiler'd this...) because of an issue with Kristen Bell, either money or something else. The way they did this whole thing is really strange.

Daft_Cat

As good as AC2 was..something about ACB and ACR (especially taken together) feels so much richer and more focused.

Together all three make for a fabulous trilogy (and in some ways, a decent character study as well).

Good job Ubisoft! ACR is definitely on my goty list so far.

LiK

I3rand0 said:
Anyone on PS3 able to redeem the Armor of Brutus DLC? Mine keeps coming up as an invalid code.
Tried code in Extras menu? That's where the Signature DLC had to be redeemed for me.

ultron87

This made me laugh.

"Who are you?"

(dialogue spoiler, Seq 3)
"I'm the most interesting man in your life."

Ezio's still got it.

LiK

ultron87 said:
This made me laugh.

"Who are you?"

(dialogue spoiler, Seq 3)
"I'm the most interesting man in your life."

Ezio's still got it.
I love it. The people who write for Ezio do a great job.

Coldsnap

I dunno why but I want to buy the xbox 360 version over PC because of achievements. I always liked the achievements in the assassins creed game. Although is PC version way better?

LiK

Coldsnap said:
I dunno why but I want to buy the xbox 360 version over PC because of achievements. I always liked the achievements in the assassins creed game. Although is PC version way better?
From what I read, the PC versions for AC games were never a huge step up over the consoles.

Coldsnap

Yea, I've got a GTX 560 so I should be able to crank it up. PC version doesnt even seem to have steam achievements and it doesnt have controller support on steam page.

Coldsnap said:

PC version has good achievments. In ACBH PC had a bit more content as far Rome's economy side mission stuff.

Although I can't speak for ACR. Haven't got it yet.

Mest30

Banned
Zapages said:
Wow that is good deal, how???

Supposedly a glitch as online, Walmart offers the game for $60 bucks. Go back a few pages, there are many other members, including me, who got it for $40 bucks and a link to another website that had many people getting the game for 40 dollars. Act fast, who knows when Walmart will realize the mistake.

iNvid02

SamuraiX- said:
But is that worth it for the supposed horrendous control layout?

i wouldnt call this a horrendous control layout, nuh-uh

300px-Xbox_360_white_wireless_controller.png

Coldsnap

Choke on the Magic said:
PC version has good achievments. In ACBH PC had a bit more content as far Rome's economy side mission stuff.

Although I can't speak for ACR. Haven't got it yet.

What achievements does revelations have? Is it on ubisofts side?

SamuraiX-

Ya'll got me there.

I still can't wrap my head around playing games on PC with a 360/DS3 controller. I'm always old school keyboard and mouse. lol

Exile550 said:
Nothing Horrendous about it. I play with kb&m and it's fine. I guess it's all personal preferences.

In terms of people who find the kbm scheme "fine" for AC games on the PC, I would say you're in the extreme minority. :p

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
SamuraiX- said:
In terms of people who find the kbm scheme "fine" for AC games on the PC, I would say you're in the extreme minority. :p
I think he's more in the extreme minority of people who actually bothered with it. I beat AC1 with MKB and it was fine.

LiK said:
Is the framerate silky smooth or does it suffer from the same issues as the consoles?
With triple-buffering, any drops below 60 (usually during the camera pan over the city) are smoothed out incredibly well. At 60 fps it feels immaculate.

Exile550

SamuraiX- said:

Probably. It wasn't easy at first, but became very natural not long after. For me, the controller is never an option.

Stallion Free said:
I think he's more in the extreme minority of people who actually bothered with it. I beat AC1 with MKB and it was fine.

See, I'm not alone!

Exile550 said:
Probably. It wasn't easy at first, but became very natural not long after. For me, the controller is never an option.

See, I'm not alone!

I personally think that most people who don't like m/kb don't play PC games for the majority of their gaming. Even Skyrim's shit menu navigation I'll probably just get used to and barely notice after a few days.

LiK

RoninChaos said:
Jesus, Ezio and Desmond look HIDEOUS.

Why did they change this? They don't look aged, they look like different people.
Ezio looks fine to me. He aged like a dozen years. I don't see a huge difference with his face when his hood is off.

The English Conquistador said:
Is this song on the soundtrack?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aknUkEBN-6M&list=FLxVxDK55AKqdiBM0nuHff2w&index=27&feature=plpp_video

The uploader claims it to be a song from the OST. If it is, I would explode. The tracks from Jesper Kyds site were already marvelous, but if this song is there too...

Yep, it's called The Road to Masyaf on the soundtrack though.

What do you guys think of the Assassin's Creed Theme? Pretty amazing huh?

I've been listening to the soundtrack to tie me over until I get the game, it's outstanding. I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but it comes close to beating AC2's soundtrack for me. And that's one of my favorite video game soundtracks.

ultron87

Is this the first AC game that used one of the pre-rendered trailers in the actual game? I must admit that as awesome as that trailer is, it seemed a little out of place.

Zapages

Mest30 said:
Supposedly a glitch as online, Walmart offers the game for $60 bucks. Go back a few pages, there are many other members, including me, who got it for $40 bucks and a link to another website that had many people getting the game for 40 dollars. Act fast, who knows when Walmart will realize the mistake.

Thanks man. I just got myself AC:R for 40 dollars. My local walmart had it for 40 dollars while other local walmart had it for 60 dollars.

There are like 5 other ps3 copies of the game left there and about 12 X360 copies left of the game.

I will stay in on black Friday/best buy deal now. :)

7echnicolor said:
Yep, it's called The Road to Masyaf on the soundtrack though.

What do you guys think of the Assassin's Creed Theme? Pretty amazing huh?

I've been listening to the soundtrack to tie me over until I get the game, it's outstanding. I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but it comes close to beating AC2's soundtrack for me. And that's one of my favorite video game soundtracks.

tumblr_l5c1d3sb3q1qaggjuo1_500.gif

Yup, what I've heard from that "The Road to Masyaf" song, and the songs from Jesper Kyds site, I honestly think this is the greatest gaming soundtrack I'll have ever heard.

LiK

ultron87 said:
Is this the first AC game that used one of the pre-rendered trailers in the actual game? I must admit that as awesome as that trailer is, it seemed a little out of place.

i think so. the previous games only had them as video that played if you idled in the title screen for too long.

Mad_Ban

Seeing as the wiki hasn't been updated for me to have a good read; can someone help explain a little part of the ending for me?

When you see the solar flare that licks against the Earth and fucks a load of shit up; is the city in that inhabited by "The Ones Who Came Before" or humans? They didn't seem to have the same look as Juno/Minerva/Jupiter(?). It's a minor detail but it'd suggest there was a period of peace if they were humans.

Regarding where they go with AC3:

I'm guessing there is a convinient door at the old city that blocks the way, and Desmond happens to have an ancestor who managed to open it without the knowledge of what it was? Otherwise who is the new protagonist? Desmond?

Phionoxx

someone asked this question earlier, but I didn't see a response for it, but are the glyphs / puzzles as part of "the truth" sequences taken out of this game? I really enjoyed those in the last 2 games.

Hopefully they haven't been outright replaced by the Desmond sequences. Those don't look all that interesting, or challenging like the glyph puzzles could be.

FStop7

Banned
Phionoxx said:
someone asked this question earlier, but I didn't see a response for it, but are the glyphs / puzzles as part of "the truth" sequences taken out of this game? I really enjoyed those in the last 2 games.

Hopefully they haven't been outright replaced by the Desmond sequences. Those don't look all that interesting, or challenging like the glyph puzzles could be.

I haven't played yet but I'm pretty sure all of that stuff has been replaced with Desmond sequences. I'm also disappointed about this. I really liked those puzzles in AC2 and AC:B.

LiK

Phionoxx said:

yup, no puzzle sequences like the old games. Desmond sequences were actually a bit challenging in a few spots but yea, not hard at all.

Phionoxx said:

That's gone and there is nothing similar to replace it.

Gameboy415

RoninChaos said:
Jesus, Ezio and Desmond look HIDEOUS.

Why did they change this? They don't look aged, they look like different people.

Agreed. It's actually bothering me way more than it should...Desmond especially looks like a completely different character.

It was especially jarring seeing the recap of AC1-B at the beginning of AC:R and then immediately seeing stranger-face Desmond.

Oh well, the game is still a blast so far!

Played for an hour last night and couldn't get into it, so I'm just going to wait. Maybe till the end of the month when the PC version is released. I'm not saying that I disliked the game. Its just with coming out just a few days after Skyrim I found it hard to focus. Entire time I was playing I was thinking about my character in Skyrim.

Also didn't help I have an annoying roommate. Don't know if anyone else has ever had this problem, but she's one of those people that is just oblivious that you are actually trying to pay attention to something, but just keeps on talking blah, blah, blah. I AM PLAYING A FUCKING GAME!! My PC and headphones help solve this problem.

Phionoxx

Huh. I wonder why they were removed? The puzzles were the only parts in the games that would hold me up for awhile, I couldn't quickly plow through them. The text/audio/pictures that went along with them, while sometimes ridiculous, were pretty interesting.

Oh well, still need to find time to open up the game and start playing. Have to give the Desmond sequences a shot and see how they are.

Zapages

Is there any sex scene in this game compared to the previous games. My uncle (60+ years old) wants to watch me play this game and it'll be a bit weird if those type of scenes come up.

rataven

There's nothing like synching at your first viewpoint in an AC game. That's the moment that makes me think 'I'm back'.

And Constantinople is really something. Such a nice surprise when I stepped out of the headquarters unexpectedly at night and saw the city all lit up. Beautiful.

Top Bottom