• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Revelations |OT| Requiescat in Pace (56k)

keltickennedy said:
Also didn't help I have an annoying roommate. Don't know if anyone else has ever had this problem, but she's one of those people that is just oblivious that you are actually trying to pay attention to something, but just keeps on talking blah, blah, blah. I AM PLAYING A FUCKING GAME!! My PC and headphones help solve this problem.

Yes, we've all had that problem before. They're called women. ;-)

LiK

Phionoxx said:
Huh. I wonder why they were removed? The puzzles were the only parts in the games that would hold me up for awhile, I couldn't quickly plow through them. The text/audio/pictures that went along with them, while sometimes ridiculous, were pretty interesting.

Oh well, still need to find time to open up the game and start playing. Have to give the Desmond sequences a shot and see how they are.

My theory is since they were answering questions, maybe adding more puzzles wouldn't make sense since the puzzles tend to go through time and add intrigue to the lore. I guess they could've created some puzzle sequences within Desmond's sequences instead of just making a platforming thing. Would've made it more interesting.

Personally, I really enjoyed the Desmond sequences. Not gonna spoil them here since this is OT but they're worth playing for the story aspects.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Zapages said:
Is there any sex scene in this game compared to the previous games. My uncle (60+ years old) wants to watch me play this game and it'll be a bit weird if those type of scenes come up.
No such scenes in Revelations.

K' Dash

LiK said:
same, I love the world and lore.

I really fall in love with the cities they look SO beautiful, AC really has the most beautiful and alive cities of this gen, at least for me.

Venice particularly was amazing.

TangoAlphaLima said:
Yes, we've all had that problem before. They're called women. ;-)

Hahaha, right on. I am lucky enough to also live with my girlfriend that will sit and watch me play games and understands to be quiet when important story sequences are happening. The roomate.....not so much.

BTW, anyone noticing some of the button changes from the last game? I keep on finding myself hitting X to throw knives.

DrBo42

keltickennedy said:
Hahaha, right on. I am lucky enough to also live with my girlfriend that will sit and watch me play games and understands to be quiet when important story sequences are happening. The roomate.....not so much.

BTW, anyone noticing some of the button changes from the last game? I keep on finding myself hitting X to throw knives.
Yeah. I don't think you can hold the button to do those sweet sword/gun and dagger/knife combos anymore.

K' Dash said:
I really fall in love with the cities they look SO beautiful, AC really has the most beautiful and alive cities of this gen, at least for me.

I still miss Venice 2 games later. Gorgeous.

LiK

K' Dash said:

yea, makes me wish they would do an Asian country like China or Japan just to see it in action. Hell, maybe even ancient South America would be cool.

LiK

Choke on the Magic said:
I wonder if they'll ever do a AC mmo where you could travel all over to huge sprawling cities. Probably would never look at good.

They can if they made a new engine for it, imo.

cheddar

Neo Member
I just got my copy from gamefly and the disc doesn't work :-/ I had a freaking whole day planned, I am so pissed off.

[/firstworldproblems]

Jamesways

cheddar said:
I just got my copy from gamefly and the disc doesn't work :-/ I had a freaking whole day planned, I am so pissed off.

[/firstworldproblems]

That does suck. I got mine last night and spend about 2 hours trying to download Embers from the website on my pc while I played it on the 360. Can't get it to complete. Bummer.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Is it possible to skip cutscenes when replaying missions (I wasn't able to last night, but maybe I was just pressing the wrong button)? I just "love" this new trend of no manuals. :(

LiK

luxarific said:
Is it possible to skip cutscenes when replaying missions (I wasn't able to last night, but maybe I was just pressing the wrong button)? I just "love" this new trend of no manuals. :(

Start>Skip Cutscene/Cinema

FStop7 said:
I haven't played yet but I'm pretty sure all of that stuff has been replaced with Desmond sequences. I'm also disappointed about this. I really liked those puzzles in AC2 and AC:B.
That's some bullshit.

The areas where you'd do those giant puzzles in AC2 were my favorite, followed by those conspiracy puzzles.

Gameboy415 said:
Agreed. It's actually bothering me way more than it should...Desmond especially looks like a completely different character.

It was especially jarring seeing the recap of AC1-B at the beginning of AC:R and then immediately seeing stranger-face Desmond.

Oh well, the game is still a blast so far!
Yeah, it's really jarring to me. I feel like I spent the last few games really getting to know these guys, and they look different, and they look WORSE. So it's like 'I hear Ezio's voice, but that isn't Ezio".

CrazyDude said:
How about India?

For some reason I really doubt Ubisoft would be willing to take AC outside of Western Civilization. I bet they'd see it as too big of a gamble to sell on a primarily Western-based audience.

CrazyDude said:
How about India?

Already done

untitled-1duub.gif

http://youtu.be/o2GU-4Bl-kA

Carbonox

Just played my first ever multiplayer match in an Assassin's Creed game (never bothered with it in Brotherhood) and got 5 accolades, got 4000+ points and bagged some trophies in the process. Not bad for my first ever. :D

MjFrancis

TangoAlphaLima said:
For some reason I really doubt Ubisoft would be willing to take AC outside of Western Civilization. I bet they'd see it as too big of a gamble to sell on a primarily Western-based audience.
I hope you're wrong, if only because Assassin's Creed has been the best stealth ninja IP around with Tenchu falling from grace this generation. The majority of the game is sneaking around in plain sight or in the shadows assassinating people left and right. Altair and Ezio are ninjas, and having the AC universe feature actual ninjas makes perfect sense. Place it in Kyoto or Edo and have it during the Meiji era so time's still moving forward (as established in the previous AC games) and you have yourself a backdrop for the AC game mechanics. Add a half dozen new featured game mechanics while you're at it.

Poof, I've just built ACIII, Ubisoft.

MjFrancis

rataven said:
It is kind of crazy that for a character so integral to the series, Desmond's had three distinct looks over four games.
Especially given that he's supposed to have aged a mere two months over those four games.

LiK

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
How do I get my copy of Embers and the soundtrack? I entered in this code, it gave me, like... some Vlad Tepes crap. Where's my movie and music!?
Flip the code paper over. I didnt check either.

The Int3rsect said:
It's been a traditional thing for me to play a new AC every Thanksgiving. But that might change because of Skyrim. :(
My tradition was always, buy it on black friday because it was always half the price. But this year, I have to hold back because I am out of money from buying so many other games.

ttocs

AlmostMilk said:
My tradition was always, buy it on black friday because it was always half the price. But this year, I have to hold back because I am out of money from buying so many other games.
These past couple weeks have been brutal for my wallet. Plus with Skyward Sword coming out Sunday, I'm going to have to shell out even more. But thankfully, that's the last big game purchase before next year. I think...

Jeels

I have to say, I'm only a few hours into this game and I'm already incredibly bored. (And I've liked and completed most of the other titles). It literally is just Brotherhood with a Middle Eastern skin. I kind of get some of the reviews now. This was one of my most anticipated titles too. :(

I'm not sure if I am going to bother finishing it yet. Persuade me GAF!

creid

What do the books you can buy in the bookstores do? They mentioned something about helping to train your assassins, but it's not obvious. Couldn't find anything in the in-game manual, either.

Jeels said:
I have to say, I'm only a few hours into this game and I'm already incredibly bored. (And I've liked and completed most of the other titles). It literally is just Brotherhood with a Middle Eastern skin. I kind of get some of the reviews now. This was one of my most anticipated titles too. :(

Put it down and come back to it later. That's what I'm doing. There have been just too many games released in the past couple months.

Personally, I am suffering from "The Skyrim Effect". Thinking about that game even when I'm not playing it. Tried playing ACR last night and couldn't get into it because of that. So I am saving it for the upcoming holiday vacations.

LiK

Jeels said:

BORED?!

Jb

rataven said:
It is kind of crazy that for a character so integral to the series, Desmond's had three distinct looks over four games.
It's a dumb move on their part, but then again Ubisoft has a track record of constantly doing this with their key franchises: see Sam Fisher or the Prince.

Jeels

keltickennedy said:
Put it down and come back to it later. That's what I'm doing. There have been just too many games released in the past couple months.

Personally, I am suffering from "The Skyrim Effect". Thinking about that game even when I'm not playing it. Tried playing ACR last night and couldn't get into it because of that. So I am saving it for the upcoming holiday vacations.

Sounds like a good idea. Zelda is coming out in a few days, I'll just use this to hold me over until then.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Tower defense is a piece of shit. They need to stop adding crap like that and start working on important shit like improving the stealth mechanics.

LiK

MarshMellow96 said:
Am I really missing anything by having not played Brotherhood? Do I absolutely require to have played it?

I played through ACII, by the way.
Brohood is REQUIRED.

Top Bottom