• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Revelations |OT| Requiescat in Pace (56k)

LiK said:
Flip the code paper over. I didnt check either.

Well, the lady at EB games got the code off of an e-mail and taped it to my receipt, I didn't get any code sheet in the game (with the exception of the multiplayer pass).

Also, the new economic and notoriety system suck. I've been playing for two hours and only now realized that only certain banks seem to have the money I've been generating, and other banks only say zero.

rataven

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Well, the lady at EB games got the code off of an e-mail and taped it to my receipt, I didn't get any code sheet in the game (with the exception of the multiplayer pass).

Also, the new economic and notoriety system suck. I've been playing for two hours and only now realized that only certain banks seem to have the money I've been generating, and other banks only say zero.
Try entering that same code on this site: http://www.assassinscreed.com/bonuscontent

You should be able to download the OST and movie from there.

NotTheGuyYouKill said:

I thought all the banks were linked?

DualShadow said:
I thought all the banks were linked?

Well, they were in Brotherhood. I don't know if this is a new system or if it's glitched, but I think the banks align with their district now, and the money depends on whether your in control of the den or not. It's frustrating when you play for an hour, go to a bank, and it says zero when it should be like 12000 or something.

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Well, they were in Brotherhood. I don't know if this is a new system or if it's glitched, but I think the banks align with their district now, and the money depends on whether your in control of the den or not. It's frustrating when you play for an hour, go to a bank, and it says zero when it should be like 12000 or something.

So you need to go to each bank individually to collect your money?

Or the ones you own (Den is under your control) are linked?

BJK

So, is every Den Captain a wussy who runs away to mommy the moment you can actually see him....or is it just the first two that I've tried to kill (after the one from the story mission early on).

LiK

BJK said:
So, is every Den Captain a wussy who runs away to mommy the moment you can actually see him....or is it just the first two that I've tried to kill (after the one from the story mission early on).
I only encountered three Dens where Templar Captains were pussies. The other guys fought me. Really annoying how quickly they run away.

Still pro-ing and con-ing this each day, trying to decide if I want to buy it. For you people saying it's a Brotherhood reskin...is it as good as Brotherhood? If so, I think I'm on board.

I like the Desmond portions. Odd, but it's nice to get some background on the guy. It's pretty quick to do. I just need seven more fragments and I can finish off the last one.

I was hoping that there would be like a giant virtual city in the Animus. Inception hijinks and the sort. No go on that though. Would have been cool.

"Shirley Templar". I thought that was funny.

LiK

Conciliator said:
Still pro-ing and con-ing this each day, trying to decide if I want to buy it. For you people saying it's a Brotherhood reskin...is it as good as Brotherhood? If so, I think I'm on board.
Just as good plus the story is great.

This is maddening, I did was the Support site said, cleared my cache+cookies, and I still can't access to Bonus Content website.

Edit: Woooooooo got it working.

legbone

DualShadow said:
So you need to go to each bank individually to collect your money?

Or the ones you own (Den is under your control) are linked?

all the banks share a common vault. so as long it is open you can collect all of your money at whatever bank you happen to be at.

Angry Fork

MarshMellow96 said:
DUDE

I have no time for these things anymore... :(

Alternatives are reading the wiki from the Asscreed wiki page or watch a walkthrough on youtube. It would probably be faster to rush through the main missions yourself than watching a walkthrough though.

gdt

Played about an hour more this morning. only really just unlocked my brohood abilities. its more ass creed. awesome and ass creedy as always. I really hope they didnt take out the tomb romulous-y
areas. havent found one yet.

guest1321

Hey I'm about to run out to walmart, can anyone confirm if the 40 dollar pricing is still available and can anyone specify the procedure on how to get the lowered price? I checked the last couple pages but I don't get how to get the exclusive game that gets the lowered price...

Quick

Banned
Had a "come on, man" moment when
Ezio asked about the location of the book while on a picnic with Sofia.

Come on, Ezio.

dwebo

legbone said:
all the banks share a common vault. so as long it is open you can collect all of your money at whatever bank you happen to be at.
Yeah this is how it should work, but there's definitely some glitchy shit going on with the banks, at least in the ps3 version. After the second or third sequence, it stopped telling me about the deposits, and in one sequence, there weren't any made at all (even left it running to verify). Now it seems to be back to occasionally making deposits, but it still doesn't notify me. This is with all dens controlled.

It annoyed me at first, but I've stopped caring about money in this game, as it seems even less useful than ever.

Double D

For those on the fence that just want to bang this out in a weekend, spend the $2 per night and grab it from a redbox. I keep forgetting these things exist but they are like glorious poopsock machines. Just go to redbox.com and you can find a machine in your area that has whatever game you want inside. It's actually really awesome

I3rand0

Man these Desmond sequences fucking suck. I've already completed 2 and I'm so glad there's only 5 of them. I wish they would've brought back the glyph puzzles from the last 3 games.

Ranger X

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
This is maddening, I did was the Support site said, cleared my cache+cookies, and I still can't access to Bonus Content website.

Edit: Woooooooo got it working.

If I go to "assassinscreed.com/bonuscontent" like the card says, I get nothing but a blank page... How did you manage to do it?

Sai

Finished the Desmond sequences, and I thought they were actually pretty interesting... Just a little on the easy side.

And with there being a hundred Animus Memory Fragments, wouldn't it have been better to split up the unlocking of each sequence farther apart? Is there any benefit at all(besides full sync, I guess) in collecting all 100?

Jamesways

Man, I loved doing it in the last two, but it never gets old. Poison blade a big old armored mace or pike weilding dude and start throwing money like mad.
Even better when you get a group of four gaurds and get one without them seeing, he goes nuts on the other ones.

It's the little things.

SarBear

gdt5016 said:
Played about an hour more this morning. only really just unlocked my brohood abilities. its more ass creed. awesome and ass creedy as always. I really hope they didnt take out the tomb romulous-y
areas. havent found one yet.

The dungeon areas are FAR better, in my opinion, this time around.

I was looking at Ezio when I was playing and was thinking seemed off when I realised he didn't have a cape. Do these unlock later or have been removed in AC:R?

_woLf

Is anyone having problems playing multiplayer games with friends? I invite someone to my group and we try to join a game but it never finds other players, even though it says the playlist has "high activity."

What do? :C

I'm torn, mengs. I want this game, but something's holding me back.

I think it's the fact that it kinda hasn't evolved since Brohood. That doesn't really sit well with me; I loved the absolute shit out of AC2, but the charm had significantly dissipated come ACB. It just seems as if it's trying to be the 'Jacobus of all trades' and is thinning itself out a bit, which is lame.

SO:

How are the core mechanics in comparison?
Is the combat more varied/fun/harder/etc?
Are there more weapons?
Are there more animations/executions in combat?
Are missions still clumsy?
Do you find yourself yearning for a cover mechanic of sorts? ("GUYS! GUYS. Let's allow the player to assume the role of a world-class assassin, BUT let's not allow him to stealth it up effectively AT ALL". Thanks, Ubi)

rataven

DualShadow said:
I was looking at Ezio when I was playing and was thinking seemed off when I realised he didn't have a cape. Do these unlock later or have been removed in AC:R?
Haven't come across any capes yet, though I'm only in sequence 3.

I did dye Ezio's clothes Masyaf White though and it looks awesome. Seems more Creedy.

Ranger X

mickcenary said:
SO:

1-How are the core mechanics in comparison?
2-Is the combat more varied/fun/harder/etc?
3-Are there more weapons?
4-Are there more animations/executions in combat?
5-Are missions still clumsy?
6-Do you find yourself yearning for a cover mechanic of sorts? ("GUYS! GUYS. Let's allow the player to assume the role of a world-class assassin, BUT let's not allow him to stealth it up effectively AT ALL". Thanks, Ubi)

1- Core mechanics are the same as Brotherhood. Except you have certain changes in the control scheme (eagle vision is now L3) and certain variations in gameplay (hook blade). The Dens Defense exotic gameplay is new mechanics.

2- Harder for some. I personally don't feel it's harder. There's a few surprises though in the encounters and how to kill ennemies sometimes. All in all, I would say the combat is the same + new executions + bullet time on finishing ennemies.

3- In numbers, not really. Aren't there enough? lol

4- Yes

5- Define what you mean by a clumsy mission...

6- Nope. Never felt that in any Assassin's Creed game.

The mission to get the third Masyaf key was awesome.

Ranger X said:
If I go to "assassinscreed.com/bonuscontent" like the card says, I get nothing but a blank page... How did you manage to do it?

Actually, I went to the official AC forums and a dude over there figured out a different site address that will get you the content. Use this link instead of the other one:

https://secure.ubi.com/register/Log...eb944e1&NextURL=http://www.ubi.com&lang=en-US

After that, just use the uplay info and your code, and you can download the soundtrack and Embers.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Sai said:
What the heck? A map unlocks once you get 50 of 'em?

Weird. But, whatever.

* Sai proceeds to collect.
Yeah it helps finding all 100 of them I guess. Not that having all 100 did anything as far as I could tell. At least getting the data fragments is usually fun since they are in high places most of the time. Reminds me a bit of the Crackdown orbs :)

surly

Banned
Conciliator said:
I'm enjoying it just as much as I enjoyed Brotherhood.

There are one or two things about it that I don't like compared to its predecessor: -

1. No horses to ride (boo!).

2. The tower defence game is annoying and it seems to be the same every single time you play it, but can be avoided (but even that process is a little annoying).

3. The lack of decent puzzles. Some of the "puzzles" in this are so dumb, they might as well not be there.

But there are things that are improved too. The combat is improved and some enemies now actually provide a reasonable challenge instead of it being a counter-kill fest. The hook blade is cool. The use of the other assassins has been slightly expanded upon. The graphics are slightly improved (I'm playing on 360).

mickcenary said:
Do you find yourself yearning for a cover mechanic of sorts? ("GUYS! GUYS. Let's allow the player to assume the role of a world-class assassin, BUT let's not allow him to stealth it up effectively AT ALL". Thanks, Ubi)

Hashashin's aren't really Sam Fisher.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Horses hardly worked correctly in Brotherhood though. They were usable in the less densely packed area, but once inside the city itself I don't think I've used them more than once.
And considering the layout of Constantinople, horses wouldn't have been usable at all.

Ranger X

Blimblim said:
Horses hardly worked correctly in Brotherhood though. They were usable in the less densely packed area, but once inside the city itself I don't think I've used them more than once.
And considering the layout of Constantinople, horses wouldn't have been usable at all.

Horses clearly weren't good with slopes and steps. They go crazy in Constantinople with the level design and now there's slopes EVERYWHERE. lol
Poor Horse, he would have looked bad!

Ranger X

dwebo

:lol, I wait to do the last Desmond sequence until after the penultimate Ezio, because that's how it's listed in the achievements, and I figure that's as likely the intended order as anything.

Fuck you, game, fuck you.
It better become available again.

Just finished it tonight. Last 3 sequences were pretty cool. Especially the last one.

Might do some multiplayer tomorrow. Overall I liked it, but they really need to innovate with the next game. If it uses the same engine(ie plays exactly like AC2/ACB/ACR) then I don't think I can see myself buying it.

Top Bottom